Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Official SPL Thread

Read 31040 times
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Re: The Official SPL Thread
      Reply #161: Mar 07, 2011 01:52:37 pm
      Should be called the official celtic and rangers love hate thread.
      Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #162: Mar 08, 2011 04:46:26 pm
      NorthernIrishRed i'll take it by your silence that he has done nothing to be a bigot/sectarian and that you don't know of a time when we were swaying towards just one religion
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #163: Mar 10, 2011 05:00:42 pm
      This still going on .
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #164: Mar 10, 2011 06:15:30 pm

Nope thats me kid ,whats next ,\good result for The Arabs  againt Paw Boons mob ,think thats us in the bottom 6 now
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #165: Mar 11, 2011 09:11:15 am
      NorthernIrishRed i'll take it by your silence that he has done nothing to be a bigot/sectarian and that you don't know of a time when we were swaying towards just one religion

He's maybe just talking about the many bigoted, sectarian, fans within your fan-base bhoy and not the club it's self.

Quick question: See when you say 'Hun'; what exactly do you mean?

In N.I. it's a derogatory term used by bigots when referencing Protestants - as in; Martin Luther was German (or a Hun).

Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #166: Mar 11, 2011 12:18:47 pm
      He's maybe just talking about the many bigoted, sectarian, fans within your fan-base bhoy and not the club it's self.

Quick question: See when you say 'Hun'; what exactly do you mean?

In N.I. it's a derogatory term used by bigots when referencing Protestants - as in; Martin Luther was German (or a Hun).

i personally don't see it a derogatory and it was alkso thrown out of court in scotland as being offensive. I am a protestant myself and have always just used the term to describe rangers fans. #

and i was asking about the club and not the fans so would like the answer as such. my original point was hat rangers had a sectarian signing policy and celtic didn't
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #167: Mar 11, 2011 03:59:46 pm
      i personally don't see it a derogatory and it was alkso thrown out of court in scotland as being offensive. I am a protestant myself and have always just used the term to describe rangers fans.

I know a lad who doesn't see the word f**got as being derogatory when he talks about gays, doesn't see the word Ch**k as being derogatory when he talks about Chinese folk and sadly he uses the N word a lot. ...In fact, as he points out; he has always used these terms - that doesn't make it any less offensive or indeed make him any less of a F***ing imbecile tho'.  >:D

Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #168: Mar 11, 2011 04:36:36 pm
      I know a lad who doesn't see the word f**got as being derogatory when he talks about gays, doesn't see the word Ch**k as being derogatory when he talks about Chinese folk and sadly he uses the N word a lot. ...In fact, as he points out; he has always used these terms - that doesn't make it any less offensive or indeed make him any less of a F***ing imbecile tho'.  >:D

difference is if u go to court using those words u will be punished if u use the hun word it gets thrown out as it is time n tim again. hun used to be used to describe irish nationalists but then the term was turned around i dont know why. there is a song that loyalists sing that goes (and i'm paraphrasing the song here) "we'll kill all the fenian huns with a tommy gun"

and i aint a racist or a homophobe. infact I take part in the anti racism march every year in glasgow and have many friends who are gay so. I also have a lot of rangers supporting friends who i call huns and they never take offence by it same as calling me a fenian b***ard doesn't offend me at all. like i said I am a prod so why would I say something that is offensive to protestants.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #169: Mar 11, 2011 07:22:55 pm
      difference is if u go to court using those words u will be punished if u use the hun word it gets thrown out as it is time n tim again.
      Are you sure about that?

Because someone would need to tell Celtic fan Michael Devlin who, was convicted of religiously aggravated breach of the peace for wearing a T-shirt which bore a derogatory expression containing the word "hun" by   Sheriff Iain Peebles in October 2008 at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

This interweb thingy is a fantastic tool in the quest for knowledge (and slicing through bull-sh*t). In the off-chance that you are genuinely ignorant (about offense caused) you could do worse than Google the words 'Hun' and offensive. ...you may reach enlightenment. Here's a wee starter for you: http://www.irishrepublican.net/forum/showthread.php?34869-The-word-Hun&s=20b9af44e8f0567ac9fc69dbcb9ac163

A thought for you - if as you've stated the word isn't offensive then why would anyone even bring this to court? Think about it - it just doesn't add up, you know.

The word is offensive and now that i've told you that it's offensive; i'm sure you won't use it again.

and i aint a racist or a homophobe. infact I take part in the anti racism march every year in glasgow and have many friends who are gay so.
      Good for you. That's you and Ron Atkinson so you should know, then, how derogatory words can be offensive.

by it same as calling me a fenian b***ard doesn't offend me at all.
      Why would it? Sure haven't you told us that you're a Protestant and isn't that word used, in a derogatory way, to describe Roman Catholics? Tho', again, we can check that out if you want. ...and daft as it may seem; your acceptance of the word doesn't make it any less offensive.  :o

like i said I am a prod so why would I say something that is offensive to protestants.
      Okay you say are a "Prod" Ada' and you wish us to believe that you're anti-sectarian so - it shouldn't be too hard to accept that you've caused offence by your use of the word 'Hun'.

Sectarianism works both ways mate. It's alive and well in Glasgow; manifesting it's self (as it does) in the Old Firm. Want to stop it? Then speak up without fear nor favour mate - quit offering it excuses or succour.

There's no place for any of this sh*t; on the streets, on a forum and least of all - in football.

Good Luck.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2011 07:30:11 pm by bad boy bubby »
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #170: Mar 11, 2011 08:31:20 pm
      Anyone from N.Ireland who supports Celtic or Rangers, is doing it for one reason only, and it's not for the standard of football. These "fans" see supporting those teams as an extention of their religion.
      Ask yourself why you started following these teams, because it's a part of your culture now, and be honest with yourself, have you ever watched an old firm game without getting caught up in the atmosphere and letting a little biggotry creep in? I haven't, and that is why I stopped following Celtic. I can't be a biggot for 90 min's 3 times a year, and change back as soon as the game is over.

As for this crap about Lennon being a Biggot!! He played for N.IRELAND FFS. If there is any hatered in him, it's probably due to the abuse he got from "his own fans"!! (although maybe I'm biased as I'm from Co Armagh), The same abuse recieved by Paddy McCourt recently because he's a Celtic player, and yet people complain when player's from the North choose to play for the Republic!!

I really hope the Old Firm are serious about getting rid of the nonsense, they need to start by evicting and banning anyone involved in sectarian singing in the grounds.

Keep politics out of sport people.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2011 10:39:03 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #171: Mar 12, 2011 11:55:50 am
      Are you sure about that?

Because someone would need to tell Celtic fan Michael Devlin who, was convicted of religiously aggravated breach of the peace for wearing a T-shirt which bore a derogatory expression containing the word "hun" by   Sheriff Iain Peebles in October 2008 at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

This interweb thingy is a fantastic tool in the quest for knowledge (and slicing through bull-sh*t). In the off-chance that you are genuinely ignorant (about offense caused) you could do worse than Google the words 'Hun' and offensive. ...you may reach enlightenment. Here's a wee starter for you: http://www.irishrepublican.net/forum/showthread.php?34869-The-word-Hun&s=20b9af44e8f0567ac9fc69dbcb9ac163

A thought for you - if as you've stated the word isn't offensive then why would anyone even bring this to court? Think about it - it just doesn't add up, you know.

The word is offensive and now that i've told you that it's offensive; i'm sure you won't use it again.

the point is i know plenty of people who have had their case thrown out of court because the word is not offensive. will i stop using it ? no.

and it goes to court because the police in this country seem to think its offensive but its not. just because in N.I they perceive it as such doesn't mean we do. like i said I use it as a term for rangers fans nothing more nothing less.

[quoteWhy would it? Sure haven't you told us that you're a Protestant and isn't that word used, in a derogatory way, to describe Roman Catholics? Tho', again, we can check that out if you want. ...and daft as it may seem; your acceptance of the word doesn't make it any less offensive.[/quote]

again depends how you look at the word it is just a word that was used to describe the fenian brotherhood which had Protestants in it as well as Catholics. I've never seen it as a catholic thing but then i've never looked at the whole celtic rangers thing as a religious thing and neither has the majority of celtic fans that i know.

Okay you say are a "Prod" Ada' and you wish us to believe that you're anti-sectarian so - it shouldn't be too hard to accept that you've caused offence by your use of the word 'Hun'.

Sectarianism works both ways mate. It's alive and well in Glasgow; manifesting it's self (as it does) in the Old Firm. Want to stop it? Then speak up without fear nor favour mate - quit offering it excuses or succour.

There's no place for any of this sh*t; on the streets, on a forum and least of all - in football.

Good Luck.

no i say i'm a prod because i was born into a protestant family and was christened in the church of scotland as a protestant. and i still don't think the words offensive. i believe people choose to be offended by it. like i said I won't stop using it.

sectarianism is alive and well in glasgow. doesn't make me a bigot and it doesn't make Neil Lennon a bigot. u can perceive it in what ever way you like.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #172: Mar 23, 2011 10:34:30 am
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #173: Mar 26, 2011 11:21:40 am
      like i said I won't stop using it.

WOW. You've decided that because you don't deem something as offensive it isn't - i'm guessing you ain't very well educated bhoy because, whether you like it or not, that isn't the way of either the world or the law.

I've asked you, in a very civil manner to stop using what is accepted in some, if not all, quarters as an offensive, sectarian phrase - you won't but that speaks more about you than I ever could. Use it all you want in your own circles by all means; i'm only asking you not to use it on here where it causes offence.

It really shouldn't be that hard to understand that (irrespective of your ignorance) if someone points out that you are being offensive, the least you can do is acknowledge that and refrain from using the term again. Surely, common courtesy or manners would kick in to some extent? Surely your Ma has reared you better than that?

Maybe tho' your ignorance is really an indicator as to why sectarianism is so rife and until (usually un-educated) parents are able to break that cycle of sectarian hatred, tribalism, ghetto mentality and scumbag behaviour will always exist.

I know for sure tho' that, if I was ignorant enough to use a term that my fellow Irish (Roman Catholic) Reds, on here, found offensive; I would be a F***ing idiot to ignore what they were saying. You're on a Reds board here boy, not a hate-filled Old-Firm forum. We have members from all sides of the religious divides. We have members from both Northern Ireland and the Republic - this is not the streets of Glasgow.

Please refrain from using what is deemed sectarian abuse by some if not all - not much to ask really, eh?

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2011 12:10:34 pm by bad boy bubby »
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #174: Mar 26, 2011 08:45:04 pm
      I have to say as I've not replied on my own thread for a while I did not want this to turn into another "My dogs better than your dog" a la Demolition Man....

Fair enough. Why then do both the Old Firm have the same sponsors? Release joint statements about stuff and try the same move of the 5%.....One and the same.

10 team league? No thanks.

20 team league with them gone?  :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #175: Mar 27, 2011 08:54:20 pm
      Let me make just one thing clear.

There is to be no talk about religion/politics in here. Myself and JD were discussing this a few weeks ago and we agreed there will be a zero tolerance on any talk that represents sectarianism of any sort and any level. Basically, if we believe you're in the wrong, you'll be banned. This is a Liverpool Football Club forum first and foremost.

So don't do it please.

I've noticed this thread has crept down the wrong road and it has already been reported to the staff. Anything else after this post, you'll be gone.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #176: Mar 27, 2011 09:40:29 pm
      It's terribly sad that ya can't have one thread dedicated to the SPL and just discussion on the football, no matter how sh*t the football is ;D I haven't come in much to discuss it simply cos of this crap lately.

Glad its been reported and noted, now lets try and discuss football eh? Lets go Dundee United! :laugh:
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #177: Mar 31, 2011 06:29:24 pm
      Well, I've not been visiting my own thread for some time probably because Heart of Midlothian have been rank since the New Year and there's been no reason to be pleased!  :P

Anyway, I've not looked at the last couple of pages...however, this weekend has, what will likely be the final Edinburgh Derby of the season.

The way the squads are at the moment....

I'll go for a draw.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #178: Apr 03, 2011 07:37:25 pm
      Well, I've not been visiting my own thread for some time probably because Heart of Midlothian have been rank since the New Year and there's been no reason to be pleased!  :P

Anyway, I've not looked at the last couple of pages...however, this weekend has, what will likely be the final Edinburgh Derby of the season.

The way the squads are at the moment....

I'll go for a draw.

Good shout for the draw TartanRed  canny beleive it tho with all the chances we had .
      Made enough chances to win 2 games but the players they fell to managed to keep their names off the scoresheet ,a draw against 10 men for about and hour    f..k me .
      Time to get the clubs out  me thinks thats the season over ,roll on the clear out
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #179: Apr 03, 2011 08:20:25 pm
      Good shout for the draw TartanRed  canny beleive it tho with all the chances we had .
      Made enough chances to win 2 games but the players they fell to managed to keep their names off the scoresheet ,a draw against 10 men for about and hour    f..k me .
      Time to get the clubs out  me thinks thats the season over ,roll on the clear out

Tell me about it...should've been at least 3 or 4 up before we scored....

Then that bawheid Brines doing his best to win the game for you....

Happy with the draw given the circumstances.
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #180: Apr 06, 2011 07:25:20 pm
      Still Unbeating in 2years in the Derby good run we got going wish there was 1 more derby this season .
      Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #181: Apr 11, 2011 09:03:53 pm
      WOW. You've decided that because you don't deem something as offensive it isn't - i'm guessing you ain't very well educated bhoy because, whether you like it or not, that isn't the way of either the world or the law.

I've asked you, in a very civil manner to stop using what is accepted in some, if not all, quarters as an offensive, sectarian phrase - you won't but that speaks more about you than I ever could. Use it all you want in your own circles by all means; i'm only asking you not to use it on here where it causes offence.

It really shouldn't be that hard to understand that (irrespective of your ignorance) if someone points out that you are being offensive, the least you can do is acknowledge that and refrain from using the term again. Surely, common courtesy or manners would kick in to some extent? Surely your Ma has reared you better than that?

Maybe tho' your ignorance is really an indicator as to why sectarianism is so rife and until (usually un-educated) parents are able to break that cycle of sectarian hatred, tribalism, ghetto mentality and scumbag behaviour will always exist.

I know for sure tho' that, if I was ignorant enough to use a term that my fellow Irish (Roman Catholic) Reds, on here, found offensive; I would be a F***ing idiot to ignore what they were saying. You're on a Reds board here boy, not a hate-filled Old-Firm forum. We have members from all sides of the religious divides. We have members from both Northern Ireland and the Republic - this is not the streets of Glasgow.

Please refrain from using what is deemed sectarian abuse by some if not all - not much to ask really, eh?

In all seriousness..sorry if i offended you and I haven't used it on here since the original post where i wrote it. and don't use it unless i'm with like minded people. I never said I will keep using it on here just that I wouldn't stop using it in general I don't use it to offend people thats not me bringing up religion again just making a point of what i said and for me thats the end of it. 

i never read your whole post because my attention span just can't manage it tbh. but just for your information. both my parents are rangers fans and both very well educated both teachers.

but to anyone offended I do apologize.
      Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #182: Apr 11, 2011 09:11:10 pm

Fair enough. Why then do both the Old Firm have the same sponsors? Release joint statements about stuff and try the same move of the 5%.....One and the same.

I agree mate If they didn't have the joint tag, the joint sponsorships and so on there would be less hatred amongst them as it just brings guilt by association from both sides. you get headlines like "OLD FIRM FANS DO SUCH AND SUCH A THING" when its just one or the other.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #183: Apr 14, 2011 05:07:26 pm
      Vladimir Romanov 'got scared' by Liverpool offer

Published Date: 13 April 2011
      By ALAN ROBSON
      HEARTS owner Vladimir Romanov says he made a mistake in failing to buy Liverpool when he claims the club was offered to him for £200 million in 2005.
      "In 2005, my club Kaunas was playing against Liverpool in the Champions League qualifiers," said the Lithuanian businessman and banker, who the same year bought a majority shareholding in Hearts.

"David Moores, who then owned Liverpool, suggested that I bought it for £200 million. The price was realistic, a serious piece of real estate, star players. Just to mention Gerrard."

Romanov admitted: "I got scared. By that time I had been beaten black and blue over Hearts in Scotland where they pictured me as an idiot. And I thought that if I got hold of Liverpool they would definitely drive me to an early grave."

He said he had planned a bid with a Russian businessman friend who he did not name. "He refused. And I did not risk getting into it on my own," he said.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Vladimir-Romanov-39got-scared39-by.6750857.jp

Great stuff from Mr Romanov!  ;D :D :D  :lmao:

Quick Reply