Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Official SPL Thread

Read 31033 times
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Re: The Official SPL Thread
      Reply #184: Apr 21, 2011 09:25:19 am
      Sad day for Scottish football , should  we all just call it a day ,or tell Celtic and Rangers  to f**k off .

All my life following Scottish football Ive had to listen to both these clubs supporters sing songs about religion and the  glorifying of  terrorism and terrorists, are we really surprised someone  or some group of people have taken it to the next level , only one more to go really and that's not worth thinking about .

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/celticfc/Celtic-manager-Neil-Lennon-QC.6754847.jp

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2011 09:20:07 pm by Cad1875 »
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #185: Apr 21, 2011 06:46:20 pm
      Cad... I was surprised there wasn't a separate thread on this tbh I don't think it should be stuck in here where it's about the SPL.

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #186: Apr 21, 2011 09:17:09 pm
      Cad... I was surprised there wasn't a separate thread on this tbh I don't think it should be stuck in here where it's about the SPL.

Very true mate ,but I dont want to push all the crap that comes with them down the main board .
      Must be an awfi  busy  day for news if a letter bomb and football  story slips under the radar likes .
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #187: Apr 22, 2011 12:12:57 am
      Cad: Stupendous avatar.

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #188: Apr 22, 2011 06:37:07 am

I thought so ,hits the spot Tartan ma boy ,

What do you  think will happen at  the Old Firm match  this weekend ,  normal game of football between rivals or bedlam
      If they get it right this time ,they will make a right shopfront of it in the next game , they cant help themselves Lennons nailbomb threat  could make it turn very very nasty especially if Rangers win  ,it could well kick off .
      Watty ,Ian Bain ,and David Murray just had a chat with the Anti- terrorism people to keep their wits about them ,not good ,not good at all .
      The tensions like the build up to the episode of Dallas when JR got shot
      The football world waits ,Ruperts got Sky ,that rag The Sun and NOTW primed ,the SFA are kaaking it  ,
      Wee Michael Platini cant wait to sort them both out  ,to impose ,fines ,points deducted ,etc
      Will it go tits up on Easter  Sunday ,  will  it put another nail in there coffins  , does your arse point down the way , come one come all to the bigots weekend .
      I wonder how many casualties this time,  seemed to go ok the last game ,I hope it goes of peacefully but I have my doubts its not in the nature of the beast as you well know Tartan .

Everything you should know about The Uglies  be warned its not pretty

BBC Hooligans - Scotland's Secret Shame (Celtic - Rangers) part 2/5

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2011 06:28:45 am by Cad1875 »
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #189: Apr 22, 2011 12:56:21 pm
      Cad, I find it ridiculous that the police allowed this to be made public days before the game. The SPL in their wisdom scheduling it for Easter and before every other fixture because they do not want a repeat of the 1999 match....aye....

Sky will have the microphones on mute...

I hope the ground opens up and swallows the lot of them.

The other 10 should do what they threatened to do before and resign and look to the SFL...20 team league and those 2 can play each other every week in their own wee bubble.

Can you tell I hate them?

Edit: I'm sure we both know and acknowledge that there are elements of this within our own derby unfortunately....
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #190: Apr 22, 2011 04:24:03 pm
      Every clubs got its Muppet's Tartan  you just launch them ,the difference with these two is you would be launching god knows how many ,10s of thousands .
      The guy I pity is the poor b***ard in charge of it  all  , and I don't mean plod ,the ref and the linesmen are on a loser what ever way it goes.
      The refs John Paul Macnamara ,  the linesmen are  the McGurk   brothers Micheal  Joseph and Simon Peter 
       They're mum will be  awfi pleased  , so I'm going for a Celtic win  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can still see that big white horse and the polis wummin knockin the sh*te oot o them wi that big baton , 1999 that long ago seems like only yesterday  13 years since that debacle ,any roads I'm going to the boozer to watch ,.
      Subo will start of the singing with Walk On at the Celtic end   and Andy Cameron's going to crack a few jokes ,in fact that could empty the Rangers end, hes no a guy you associate wi comedy is Andy he tries hard but hes  murder .

YNWA
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #191: Apr 22, 2011 04:39:38 pm
      Subo and Andy Cameron...  :lmao:  :lmao:

You're right Cad, they've lived off the proceeds of this crap for years.

Craig Thomson is in charge.

Watched the Barca v Shakhtar match at the Camp Nou and I have to say he was superb.

Hopefully Diouf and Brown get sent off and there are a few dodgy decisions. :)

Not that that is a reason to send death threats or go out and stab someone or beat the wife etc.  :roll:

Anyway, Heart of Midlothian are giving away 2000 free tickets to folk called Kate and William tomorrow..... :lmao:
      Most fans are taking it as a joke/laugh but others getting all serious...  :f_steam:

Fortunately, I know someone called Kate so I'm sorted for a freebie.   ;D
      Leanne67
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #192: Apr 22, 2011 09:58:41 pm

I thought so ,hits the spot Tartan ma boy ,

What do you  think will happen at  the Old Firm match  this weekend ,  normal game of football between rivals or bedlam
      If they get it right this time ,they will make a right shopfront of it in the next game , they cant help themselves Lennons nailbomb threat  could make it turn very very nasty especially if Rangers win  ,it could well kick off .
      Watty ,Ian Bain ,and David Murray just had a chat with the Anti- terrorism people to keep their wits about them ,not good ,not good at all .
      The tensions like the build up to the episode of Dallas when JR got shot
      The football world waits ,Ruperts got Sky ,that rag The Sun and NOTW primed ,the SFA are kaaking it  ,
      Wee Michael Platini cant wait to sort them both out  ,to impose ,fines ,points deducted ,etc
      Will it go tits up on Easter  Sunday ,  will  it put another nail in there coffins  , does your arse point down the way , come one come all to the bigots weekend .
      I wonder how many casualties this time,  seemed to go ok the last game ,I hope it gos of peacefully but I have my doubts its not in the nature of the beast as you well know Tartan .

Everything you should know about The Uglies  be warned its not pretty

BBC Hooligans - Scotland's Secret Shame (Celtic - Rangers) part 2/5

Its more likely to kick off if Rangers lose. Bad winners and even worse losers.
      Leanne67
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #193: Apr 22, 2011 10:42:11 pm
      I'd like to ask for the help of all Liverpool fans. I am a Celtic fan and Liverpool fan. I light of the recent events in Scottish football (Nail bombs being sent to Neil Lennon) I would like to ask you to show your support for Neil Lennon in they same way as the Celtic fans did against Kilmarnock on Wednesday night.

On the 18th minute (Lennon's squad number at Celtic) could all fans at who are at the game please clap and sing 'One Neil Lennon' for two minutes.

This has nothing to do with rivalries between Celtic or Rangers. This is to show support for one man and about the football. There in no room for this type of violence or sectarianism it football and we want fans to unite and show their support.

Please pass the message on. Hope you can all help.

Thanks,
      Leanne67
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #194: Apr 23, 2011 07:37:54 am
      As much as I dislike Lennon I think hes his own worst enemy ,nobody should have to go through what hes going through because of football.

But this is the big BUT  2 Min's after your support for Lennon everybody is giving him the keep your chin up bit we are with you if you need us Neil then  the Green Brigade ensemble give us their repertoire ably accompanied by the rest of the Celtic support ,which then starts your rivals at the other end of with they're pish .
      Both clubs supporters because of there religious divide every week ,boast , admire , sing songs  and praise deeds done by terrorists
      bigotry/racism  comes second nature to  the vast majority off their support ,and then we get they are worse winners than they are losers kaak your both the same . your both the cancer of Scottish football , we should bring down the shutters close the gates and bolt the doors and call it a day .
      Both your clubs have been a disgrace for decades and the SFA let you away with it ,  why, money pure and simple your people elected  into office on these boards who then  looked  after your clubs interests  and sod everybody else .

As for Lennon god forbid anything  happens and Scottish football can escape another embarrassing media frenzy ,
       I just wonder Leanne67 if Walter Smith had received the nail bomb would you have come on here in support of him

Leanne67
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #195: Apr 23, 2011 10:12:01 am
      As much as I dislike Lennon I think hes his own worst enemy ,nobody should have to go through what hes going through because of football.

But this is the big BUT  2 Min's after your support for Lennon everybody is giving him the keep your chin up bit we are with you if you need us Neil then  the Green Brigade ensemble give us their repertoire ably accompanied by the rest of the Celtic support ,which then starts your rivals at the other end of with they're pish .
      Both clubs supporters because of there religious divide every week ,boast , admire , sing songs  and praise deeds done by terrorists
      bigotry/racism  comes second nature to  the vast majority off their support ,and then we get they are worse winners than they are losers kaak your both the same . your both the cancer of Scottish football , we should bring down the shutters close the gates and bolt the doors and call it a day .
      Both your clubs have been a disgrace for decades and the SFA let you away with it ,  why, money pure and simple your people elected  into office on these boards who then  looked  after your clubs interests  and sod everybody else .

As for Lennon god forbid anything  happens and Scottish football can escape another embarrassing media frenzy ,
       I just wonder Leanne67 if Walter Smith had received the nail bomb would you have come on here in support of him

Yes, I would support Walter Smith if he was sent a nail bomb. I may dislike the man but I'd never wish that on my worst enemy. At the end of the day its only a game of football and no one deserves that.

I could come on here and slate Rangers and there fans etc but this isn't what its about. Its about showing that football are united in one message and that message is that football does not tolerate this sort of behaviour.

I hoped with our close ties, and the support Celtic has shown Liverpool in the past, that we could unite once more and show Neil Lennon the support he deserves. I understand people may have their opinions of Neil Lennon, yes he is hot headed but that's because he's passionate and it comes across in a bad way. Due to this these people have a hatred of them, a man the assume then know. At the end of the day no man, no matter who they are, or their family deserves their life to be threatened like that. Also, the others who's life has been put under threat by these bigots, like the postmen etc.

All Celtic fans would be extremely grateful of you supports, if you choose to do so. 
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #196: Apr 24, 2011 10:27:52 am
      I get the jist of what your saying Leanne ,it just goes  against the grain.
      He brings so much of this on himself thats how he is of course , and I agree  Neil Lennon and his  family
       ( anybodies family for that matter ) should never have  to go through all of this .
      The fact that both clubs supporters seem to chant and sing about terrorism as the norm when supporting both clubs seems to confound the issue, you want everybody to support Neil and his family with clapping and whatever which I dont have a problem with football supporters together sort of thing .
      But  before the match is finished your fans and their fans  singing and chanting about  all the sh*t again glorifying it   , how its manifested in a letterbomb being sent to Neil Lennon and for the Anti terrorism squad to warn Watty , Ian Bain and David Murray is an incredible state of affairs .
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #197: Apr 25, 2011 07:29:30 pm
      The big team were 3 up to the mighty Well then drew 3-3 deary dear.
      I spent 75 Mins at ER on Easter Sunday 1-1  awfi isnt the word
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #198: Apr 28, 2011 05:52:40 pm
      Deary me... do folk expect applause on the 18th minute???? Cringe...

Neil Lennon is a dick. He's acted like a dick and for some reason can't handle his punishment....Lessons from Jose?
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #199: Apr 28, 2011 05:56:20 pm
      The big team were 3 up to the mighty Well then drew 3-3 deary dear.
      I spent 75 Mins at ER on Easter Sunday 1-1  awfi isnt the word

Just seen this cad.....

I was there...dreadful 2nd half....the 3rd went in...'Ach, feck this.' Although, ridiculous might have been expressed.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #200: Apr 29, 2011 11:28:13 pm
      Tartan the currents fined 80,000 Euro`s  , these PSV supporters ,theyve  get a bit touchy aboot this and that ,and wee Platini has nipped them for a few quid  for the sing song ,great int it ,
      The big question is Platini    and double standards  Tartan   , surely if these Dutch folks lugs are a bit  on the sensitive  side having to listen  the bile ,then  it would be safe to expect  quid pro quo why should  the fans in Scotland
      EVERY WEEK HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEIR sh*te
      , another 80,000 fine should be imposed and every time it happens  ,its the way to go IMO .
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2011 11:40:55 pm by Cad1875 »
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #201: Aug 19, 2011 01:13:20 am
      Went to  darkest Gorgie tonight to watch Spurs rip The Yams a new bum,  humbling isn't the word
      TBH it just showed you the incredible difference in standards of football ,the fitness and awareness and skill levels of the Spurs players compared to the SPL team the difference was streets, miles ,years, eons ahead  ,having said that Hearts earned the rite to play Spurs  attained the required points .
       Hibs on the other hand  my club were about 25 + points behind Hearts  in the league so gawd knows what they would have done to them.
       The SPL is going down the tubes , tonight was another example that we are playing at it, awfi  bad doesnt cover it .
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #202: Aug 19, 2011 02:15:10 am
      Spurs pounding Hearts isn't much of a surprise to me, when Celtic and Rangers are losing to sides from Slovenia and Austria in the Europa League and not competing in the Champions League it really tells the tail of fall. The use to get 2 berths in the UCL (1 group and 1 3rd round qualifier) and now because of those poor results only get 1 berth in the 2nd qualifying round.

xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #203: May 26, 2013 03:10:20 pm
      Not a lot of interest in the SPL, but the Scottish Cup Final is on right now. Been an end-to-end start thus far.

Hooper put Celtic 1-0 up with a great finish at the back post. Always felt he was a great finisher.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #204: May 27, 2013 06:03:35 pm
      It was sh*t , but without the mighty rangers its even worse ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #205: May 27, 2013 06:11:53 pm
      Not a lot of interest in the SPL, but the Scottish Cup Final is on right now. Been an end-to-end start thus far.

Hooper put Celtic 1-0 up with a great finish at the back post. Always felt he was a great finisher.

Feel sorry for the Hibs, another cup final defeat. I think it's been over 100 years since they last won the Scottish Cup.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #206: May 27, 2013 06:16:45 pm
      Feel sorry for the Hibs, another cup final defeat. I think it's been over 100 years since they last won the Scottish Cup.
      0-10 in finals since they last won it. Those chokers ;)

Quick Reply