Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Official SPL Thread

Read 31058 times
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Re: The Official SPL Thread
      Reply #23: Dec 12, 2010 04:18:47 am
      Sorry, I was going to respond to cad1875 but it didn't work out as I hoped.

Needless to say...I'll ask about the drivel?

:roll:

TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2010 04:28:27 am
      Well, it's been a massive struggle to actually find this thread...  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Murder-BOOOOOOOOOOOO-well were dispatched by 2-1. 6 wins in a row.

Disapointing losing a goal...

Inverness next....I'll go for a draw although I'd bet on Inverness losing there unbeaten away record.

David Templeton = quality.

Sorry folks, the SPHell is bubbling up.
      « Last Edit: Dec 15, 2010 04:33:46 am by TartanRed »
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #25: Dec 18, 2010 10:57:10 pm
      Only two matches survived in the SPL today.

Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Inverness CT

Kilmarnock 2-1 Hibernian

Well, Heart of Midlothian fell short of the magnificent 7 wins but I always felt this would be one of the toughest matches as ICT haven't lost away since November 2009. The chances were there especially in the 2nd half and once again David Templeton is consistently playing well. Not too disappointed.

Kilmarnock are doing surprisingly well this season, not going to comment on Hibs.  :)

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2010 12:03:09 pm
      Only two matches survived in the SPL today.

Heart of Midlothian 1-1 Inverness CT

Kilmarnock 2-1 Hibernian

Well, Heart of Midlothian fell short of the magnificent 7 wins but I always felt this would be one of the toughest matches as ICT haven't lost away since November 2009. The chances were there especially in the 2nd half and once again David Templeton is consistently playing well. Not too disappointed.

Kilmarnock are doing surprisingly well this season, not going to comment on Hibs.  :)

Sad to say Hibs lost again to Mixus Killie  ,and the Jambos continue to impress cant believe I said that .

Got a fighting draw against The Arabs  on Wednesday after going 2 down so there was a better attitude shown plus Calderwood mixed it up a bit we are still honkin tho ,
      Couldnt beleive the Wolves  result either  so that was another  extra few pints  in the pub ,
      Liverpools playing sh*te , Hibs are murder something better pick up soon or AA here I come
      Not looking forward to the Derby at the PBS  one little bit ,if a certain defender is picked we are in all sorts as the boy Templeton is buzzin .
       Anyways a good New Year tae ain and awe when it comes ,

JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2010 02:49:45 pm
      Must say Tartan Red Hearts are on fire at the moment, especially David Templeton. Jim Jeffries as turned
      your team around, from the former manager, I'm sure you lacked goals, maybe wrong. And now they are banging
      them in left, right, and centre. I watch the SPL highlights when I can and was impressed at how close you are
      to 2nd in the league(Champions League place).

As for the Old Firm game on Sunday I really can't see a Celtic win, Although I have a soft spot for them and their the scottish team I look out for Rangers seem to be more gelled together and are playing for the jersey. Not many Celtic players are doing that and without Gary Hooper they'll be struggling.

Shock news about Freddie Ljunberg signing for Celtic. I think he is passed it now, but I think he will bring a bit of experience and some quality to Celtic.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #28: Jan 05, 2011 11:00:15 pm
      Lost the Derby 1-0 surprised no, could we have done better  you can always do better ,but not with the bunch of imposter's we have  masquerading as footballers ,have they got the bottle for a relegation battle nope ,
      well  Ian Murray has the minerals ,the  rest no chance . ( And yes he should have walked for the elbow in the first half JFT96)
      Freddie Ljunberg to the  (soapdodgers) Celtic to the Liverpool readers he must be struggling .
      The SPL has a lot of things but quality certainly isn't one of them JFT96 the only half decent players Ive seen in the last year your Templeton but he hides a wee bit and drifts out of games the boy Forrest at Celtic is a talent he should get tae F**k away from there ASAP.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #29: Jan 08, 2011 04:00:32 pm
      Heart of Midlothian are going along nicely and the difference to last season is like night and day.

Was at the New Year derby.

Murray should've been red carded.

Hibs went looking for the draw. One real chance which Nish put wide.

Didn't think we were going to get the win and thought Kyle had missed with the header. Needless to say I went mental as I realised it was in.

:)
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2011 02:34:27 am
      Lost the Derby 1-0 surprised no, could we have done better  you can always do better ,but not with the bunch of imposter's we have  masquerading as footballers ,have they got the bottle for a relegation battle nope ,
      well  Ian Murray has the minerals ,the  rest no chance . ( And yes he should have walked for the elbow in the first half JFT96)
      Freddie Ljunberg to the  (soapdodgers) Celtic to the Liverpool readers he must be struggling .
      The SPL has a lot of things but quality certainly isn't one of them JFT96 the only half decent players Ive seen in the last year your Templeton but he hides a wee bit and drifts out of games the boy Forrest at Celtic is a talent he should get tae f**k away from there ASAP.

Agree with you. I follow Liverpool, so only get SPL updates from mates or internet so I can't vouch for everything. I have seen both those young players you mentioned though, both look like they will have a successful career, the both
      of them.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2011 03:28:54 am
      Cad1875....

Temps doesn't hide. He's one of those players that you keep on the pitch as long as possible because you have the feeling that he'll do something special.

He'll likely need a rest soon but Novikovas was an able back up.

I'm just happy to see players running with the ball. Forrest also seems like a good player.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #32: Jan 18, 2011 10:48:36 pm
      Great stuff from Heart of Midlothian.

Fighting back from a goal down to win.

Rangers next.

As for Hibs....  :lmao:
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #33: Jan 22, 2011 03:59:53 pm
      What a great day.

Heart of Midlothian 1-0 Rangers

Wolves 0-3 Liverpool

I'm away to get drunk a bit.....

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking:
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 22, 2011 04:24:10 pm
      Over the past 10 games Hearts have shown they could split the old firm easily if they keep this form up.
      No doubt about it. Suprised to see Rangers not take anything from the game, never watched although heard they
      hammered Hearts but never took their chances. Well done Hearts.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #35: Jan 23, 2011 07:17:08 pm
      JTF96...

Rangers dominated.....I was going crazy at the performance given, not in a good way.

Mr Kello....why am I not the Slovakia goalkeeper?

Still it's goals that count.

31 pts out of 33.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      Reply #36: Jan 29, 2011 11:48:57 am
      You were done over by Celtic though Tartan Red. Celtic are my scottish team so I look out for their scores
      and watch them on tv when the Redmen are not playing, so delighted at the result on wednesday.

On of the Celtic fans took a heart attack at the game as you will know and the hearts fans who are more unionist/rangers inclined started to chant "you only sing, when your breathing". Not saying it was you mate but I have been to Tynecastle watching Celtic at the 2-0 win for your team as I got a ticket from a mate and your fans or the local neds I would refer to them as had their Union jacks, Red hand of Ulster flags out to cause trouble which is a disgrace imo. As to the Hearts fans at Celtic Park on wednesday night, they were and absolute disgrace for what they sang and don't think this is a dig at you, not at all just the midless idiots that were amongst the hearts crowd.
      Adabhoy88
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 02, 2011 10:38:31 pm
      In all fairness tartanred to win the league you have to battle hard and win the important games. and tonight rangers were mediocre and hearts never managed to capitalise on that. I think eventually someone will split the top two but not this season and not any time soon and whether any teams have the fire power to win the league is very doubtful.....for now.
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2011 12:24:47 pm
      Just new here and will add im a big Rangers Fan.

Look forward to debating with any Celtic followers :
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2011 12:27:59 pm

Up the hoops ;)
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2011 01:36:06 pm

Ahh , the same hoops with no bloodstained poppy on ? ;)
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2011 01:37:06 pm

C'mon the Celts. Glasgow is Green & White :lmao:

Liverpool is my Club, but in Scotland so have to have a preference and always has been Celtic,
      2nd to the Reds of course.
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2011 02:41:37 pm
      C'mon the Celts. Glasgow is Green & White :lmao:

Liverpool is my Club, but in Scotland so have to have a preference and always has been Celtic,
      2nd to the Reds of course.

Glasgow is certainley none of such. Its RED WHITE BLUE ;)

52 and counting, most succesfull British team..

Looking forward to derby on sun ! wbu?

Is that robbie fowler in your sig? Hes a big Rangers fan dont you know? :D
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2011 02:45:34 pm
      Ahh , the same hoops with no bloodstained poppy on ? ;)

Thats the one's!

Where bouts in norn iron ye from?
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2011 02:46:48 pm
      Glasgow is certainley none of such. Its RED WHITE BLUE ;)

52 and counting, most succesfull British team..

Looking forward to derby on sun ! wbu?

Is that robbie fowler in your sig? Hes a big Rangers fan dont you know? :D

I'm looking forward to beating the chelski rent boys on Sunday mate more than anything. If celtic win the old firm
      cup game then it's a bonus. And yeah Fowler is a Liverpool hero of mine and not a bitter Celtic fan so won't stop me idolising my Kop heroes just because they like a team I dont ;) Bring on Rangers, on sunday, C'mon the hoops. But
      most importantly c'mon Redmen on sunday.
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2011 03:03:45 pm
      I'm looking forward to beating the chelski rent boys on Sunday mate more than anything. If celtic win the old firm
      cup game then it's a bonus. And yeah Fowler is a Liverpool hero of mine and not a bitter Celtic fan so won't stop me idolising my Kop heroes just because they like a team I dont ;) Bring on Rangers, on sunday, C'mon the hoops. But
      most importantly c'mon Redmen on sunday.

Hit the nail on the head. Liverpool is more important in my opinion. But if Rangers win and Liverpool win lets just say i wont be in school next day/ How ever if both loose il be depressed for weeks.

Quick Reply