Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

"Status" of LFC Players

Read 9655 times
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Re: "Status" of LFC Players
      Reply #23: Nov 09, 2010 01:18:53 pm
      Whats Redknapp up too these days?
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #24: Nov 09, 2010 01:35:31 pm
      No offence I don't go around looking for details to find out what every c**t's age is.

So you all get called lad!!

'cept me. >:D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #25: Nov 09, 2010 01:36:54 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #26: Nov 09, 2010 01:38:01 pm

Fighting Andy Gray to kiss Richard Key's hoop.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #27: Nov 09, 2010 01:48:09 pm
      Rob Jones owns a few Nursery chains in and around Warrington
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #28: Nov 09, 2010 02:12:09 pm
      No offence I don't go around looking for details to find out what every c**t's age is.

So you all get called lad!!
      I am flattered to be called lad. In North America, men of my age are "affectionatel, I'm sure, referred to as old farts. No idea what UK equivilant would be...
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Nov 09, 2010 03:15:25 pm
      This is the worst thread I have seen on this yet. What thheeeee???
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #30: Nov 09, 2010 03:15:32 pm
      I am flattered to be called lad. In North America, men of my age are "affectionatel, I'm sure, referred to as old farts. No idea what UK equivilant would be...
      Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Nov 09, 2010 06:14:59 pm
      Don't mean to be rude.

But you are aware of Wikipedia?

I wouldnt dare use Wikipedia ............would I?
       ;D
      Incoming!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #32: Nov 09, 2010 06:27:54 pm
      Boo-Hoo, what a winner you are....Boy, you certainly told me where to get of...

It's, where to get off. Not only do I get to tell you where to get off, I get to give you an English lesson as well. And you called me a winner! Get in! ;)

Joking aside though, can I ask why you're so interested in gathering all this info?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #33: Nov 09, 2010 06:36:56 pm
      A lot more reliable than other sites to be fair. For things like this it is actually pretty decent.

Shame my school teachers never shared the same view...bas**rds ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34: Nov 09, 2010 07:17:36 pm
      Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional.
      Old farts works for me.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #35: Nov 09, 2010 09:14:32 pm
      Thanks for calling me lad, last time someone called me that I was 16, 4 decades ago, cheers. I couldn't find Allun Evans on Wikepedia. Did he finish his career at Anfield?

With all due respect, if you're as old as you're making out and remember these players and their abilities as well as you claim to surely you would remember Alun (one L, not two) Evans' transferring to Villa in the early 70s. Big hype when he arrived, first £100,000 teenager I think, but failed to live up to the expectation.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Nov 10, 2010 12:21:03 am
      With all due respect, if you're as old as you're making out and remember these players and their abilities as well as you claim to surely you would remember Alun (one L, not two) Evans' transferring to Villa in the early 70s. Big hype when he arrived, first £100,000 teenager I think, but failed to live up to the expectation.
      After Villa he went to Walsall for 3,000 quid (what a come down  from a 100,000 quid ) and finished up in Australia.He had so much going for him when he first arrived at Anfield and blew it.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #37: Nov 10, 2010 12:37:39 am
      After Villa he went to Walsall for 3,000 quid (what a come down  from a 100,000 quid ) and finished up in Australia.He had so much going for him when he first arrived at Anfield and blew it.

Unfortunately mate, he's not the only lad to come to Anfield with a big reputation and not succeed. And we got Keegan shortly before shipping out Evans didn't we? So we got a better player in than the one departing.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Nov 10, 2010 02:02:41 am
      Unfortunately mate, he's not the only lad to come to Anfield with a big reputation and not succeed. And we got Keegan shortly before shipping out Evans didn't we? So we got a better player in than the one departing.
      The sad thing about Evans was he did have it all,I seem to recall him getting a hat trick in a European match at Anfield.The fame and the money got to him and the girl he was going with well her father owned a nightclub in the midlands and that did not help.I think that was were he got his face slashed.Keegan joined L.F.C. in May 1971 for 33,000 quid and Evans was transferred in June 1972.
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Nov 10, 2010 01:06:39 pm
      It's, where to get off. Not only do I get to tell you where to get off, I get to give you an English lesson as well. And you called me a winner! Get in! ;)

Joking aside though, can I ask why you're so interested in gathering all this info?

I have been a Liverpool supporter/fan since I was 7 years old; first in Mombasa, Kenya where we had a local team called Liverpool and in England from age 10 to approx 23.
      In Boarding School and University, my nickname was Liverpool.
        Then I moved to Canada and in "non internet" world, lost complete touch with English Soccer/Liverpool. Pretty sure I missed Mr Paisley's great era. Missed Dalglish/Souness and other LFC greats . The players I recall, very affectionately, are the ones I listed and hoped they all did well. Wages were , if I recall correctly, 100 pounds a week if you were George Best and much less for the others. Players in that era wouldn't have known how to spell sponsorship and pretty sure their names weren't on their playing shirts. Didn't know Sir Roger became Sir Roger pretty much sums it up.
      PS Don't tell my mommy or Daddy I misspelt off...they spent a fortune trying to educate me in the Queen's English
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #40: Nov 10, 2010 01:18:00 pm
      I left England in 1972 and didn't know what happened to Alun Evans. My most vivid recollection of him is at Wembley FA Cup final ( I think we lost to Arse*&les) when he took a shot at goal from 40 or 50 yards away and the ball flew 10 yards or more over the crossbar. Tommy Smith I recall gave him a "proper shagging" and Evans ended up playing a decent game. I've read other posts re the rest of his career, my recollection of when we signed him, I was upset because he was going to replace someone I really liked, anyone recall who? ( No squad players/ 5 subs in those days)
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Nov 10, 2010 06:37:01 pm
      I left England in 1972 and didn't know what happened to Alun Evans. My most vivid recollection of him is at Wembley FA Cup final ( I think we lost to Arse*&les) when he took a shot at goal from 40 or 50 yards away and the ball flew 10 yards or more over the crossbar. Tommy Smith I recall gave him a "proper shagging" and Evans ended up playing a decent game. I've read other posts re the rest of his career, my recollection of when we signed him, I was upset because he was going to replace someone I really liked, anyone recall who? ( No squad players/ 5 subs in those days)
      I presume the player in question is Sir Roger Hunt.

Quick Reply