Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Reina hints at Liverpool exit

Read 15411 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,372 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Reina hints at Liverpool exit
      Reply #115: Nov 12, 2010 08:20:48 am
      If we were to lose him Lloris from Lyon would be the 1 id hope to get in. I honestly dont believe theres a keeper out there can compare to Reina
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #116: Nov 12, 2010 08:27:11 am
      If Reina wants to leave why does break his neck every week for  L.F.C.He is committed as anyone and if indeed he does want out then expect his mate Torres to follow suit.This should be a wake up call to NESV and Hodgson that we cannot afford to lose players of that calibre.

Because the man is an ultimate professional. All those people saying there's nothing in it, this is the second article, that's come out saying how unhappy Pepe is, I didn't hear him come out and deny it after the first one, which did have quotes, did you? Now I am not saying he would go, only that sometimes we dismiss everything too quickly.

I watched the last match, and there was an eye opening moment, Pepe with the ball in his hand, looking to launch us on an attack. You could see the exasperation in his face, as there was no-where he could throw the ball out to, with everybody camped in our own penalty area. Pepe is not an English style goalkeeper as we all know, yet this is what Hodgson has said he wants him to be.

I just fear if the new owners don't actually start to do something, as opposed to just listening, that Pepe and others will just think, the club cannot match therir ambitions, and off they'll go. With us having to start from scratch all over again. Only the owners can convince players like Reina, Torres and Aggar, that this club is here to WIN as opposed to just being like any other club. Less listening more doing I say.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #117: Nov 12, 2010 08:57:54 am
      If we were to lose him Lloris from Lyon would be the 1 id hope to get in. I honestly dont believe theres a keeper out there can compare to Reina

Agree with you, Lloris is an outstanding keeper, but my first choice will always be Pepe.

I watched the last match, and there was an eye opening moment, Pepe with the ball in his hand, looking to launch us on an attack. You could see the exasperation in his face, as there was no-where he could throw the ball out to, with everybody camped in our own penalty area. Pepe is not an English style goalkeeper as we all know, yet this is what Hodgson has said he wants him to be.

Well said.

Not the first time I've noticed that either.

In previous seasons, Pepe was always ready to launch a counter, but now our tactics seem to have changed and his quick and accurate long passes or throws don't seem be a part of it.

A shame, because he excels in spotting an excellent pass that can change a game.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #118: Nov 12, 2010 09:06:30 am
      Also puts the myth to bed that it was Roy who persuaded them to stay.

That it does debs. In fact: it could be Roy, (or more accurately, his presence), that sees them leave.  :-\ 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #119: Nov 12, 2010 09:24:00 am

In previous seasons, Pepe was always ready to launch a counter, but now our tactics seem to have changed and his quick and accurate long passes or throws don't seem be a part of it.

A shame, because he excels in spotting an excellent pass that can change a game.

That's what a manager shouldn't be doing.

A manager should be using the abilities and qualities his players have and he would be bringing out the full potential of the team and not tell them to change so they'd fit his own style of play!

Torres has pace and usually does well when played a through ball, Reina can start a counter attack from his own throw and this manager is telling them to stop that and be more English!  :mad:
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #120: Nov 12, 2010 11:14:29 am
      If Pepe goes to United I will be forced into self harm.

I couldn't take that.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,510 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #121: Nov 12, 2010 11:23:59 am
      Anyone else hearing the rumour mill this morning about him going?? - announcement meant to be coming soon. Please no!!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #122: Nov 12, 2010 11:28:15 am
      Reina won't go to United. He has more respect for the us, the fans, to do that.

Why would he want to go to play infront of those prawn sandwich eating, foam-hand and Norwich scarf wearing dickheads?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #123: Nov 12, 2010 11:40:46 am
      According to rumours this morning, he has not told the board and the manager he wants to move.

We'll find out soon enough.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,510 posts | 4850 
      Reply #124: Nov 12, 2010 11:47:11 am
      According to rumours this morning, he has not told the board and the manager he wants to move.

Hopefully. I have taken no notice of Maddocks in the Mirror - he has said Dirk, Ste G, Masch and now Reina want to go in the last 6 months so he has 'guessed' right once.

A few are saying announcement soon though

G Balague - Twitter:

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
      Lots asking if Reina wants to quit LFC; have spoken to those involved & told that official statement is imminent on LFC website this AM1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #125: Nov 12, 2010 11:48:46 am

There are rumours circulating that he is not wanting to leave? Makes a F***ing change.

I don't see why we'd sell in January, it's not fitting with the NESV philosophy to sell in January and lose out on money we'd get if he wasn't cup tied etc, and also surely the right signings in January would be a reassurance to all players about future direction.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #126: Nov 12, 2010 12:03:31 pm
      I remember Xabi Alonso.

He 'didn't want to leave' either about 7 months before he handed in a transfer request.

Liverpool will push out a statement today denying it - long season still ahead.  I have no doubt Reina will be here at least till the summer.  After that wouldn't surprise me to see him and Torres go.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #127: Nov 12, 2010 12:09:45 pm
      Apparently The times are reporting that It was a rumour and that Pepe's pissed..
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,510 posts | 4850 
      Reply #128: Nov 12, 2010 12:10:48 pm
      I remember Xabi Alonso.

He 'didn't want to leave' either about 7 months before he handed in a transfer request.

Liverpool will push out a statement today denying it - long season still ahead.  I have no doubt Reina will be here at least till the summer.  After that wouldn't surprise me to see him and Torres go.

Very true. I can envisage the same smell brewing over the next few months.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #129: Nov 12, 2010 12:15:38 pm
      Well if Reina was sold and replaced by Schwarzer I personally would fly over to Liverpool to sort out Hodgson :mad:
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #130: Nov 12, 2010 12:16:34 pm
      If I was getting orders on how to be a better goalkeeper from John Achterberg I'd be pretty insulted, so I can't imagine how pissed off one of the best goalkeepers in the world must be.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,510 posts | 4850 
      Reply #131: Nov 12, 2010 12:18:51 pm
      If I was getting orders on how to be a better goalkeeper from John Achterberg I'd be pretty insulted, so I can't imagine how pissed off one of the best goalkeepers in the world must be.

I know yeah. Keep forgetting about him. How in God's f***in name did he worm his way in?? He must have thought all his Birthday's had come at once.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #132: Nov 12, 2010 12:19:48 pm
      If he leaves, I expect Torres to as well. And we'll probably struggle to attract big name players.

When your big name players are hinting at exits, it tells alot about what's happening, IMO.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #133: Nov 12, 2010 12:20:46 pm
      There are strong indications that the owners will do virtually nothing until the close season, blindingly obvious really.
      If there is any meat to this report there are some upheavals in the pipeline and key men in the squad will be aware of the fact.
      There will be a purge, if this is the case the dross will be discarded to be replaced hopefully by dedicated team players who have one goal in mind...the success of LFC .
      Why should an individual who aspires to the criteria be dispatched? Pepe is the perfect foundation for a new start and the owners must acknowledge the fact and do everything in their power to prevent him leaving, if that scenario ever comes about.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #134: Nov 12, 2010 12:21:51 pm
      Who the F**k is John Achterburg?

Tranmere? Tranmere? Reina is taking goalkeeping advice and coaching from a bloke who played for Tranmere?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #135: Nov 12, 2010 12:22:13 pm
      cant see the point of signing a contract at all if you can just renege on it any time. a culture of disaster for a team wanting to break even or make a small profit
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #136: Nov 12, 2010 12:22:51 pm
      Well if Reina was sold and replaced by Schwarzer I personally would fly over to Liverpool to sort out Hodgson :mad:
      Could sort you out with a safe house mate.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #137: Nov 12, 2010 12:29:47 pm
      Who the f**k is John Achterburg?

Tranmere? Tranmere? Reina is taking goalkeeping advice and coaching from a bloke who played for Tranmere?

Sh*t Dutch goalkeeper who used to train kids on the wirral. Now he gets payed to train Pepe Reina for a living.

Quick Reply