Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Simon and Garfunkel

Read 1445 times
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      Simon and Garfunkel
      Oct 29, 2010 10:58:43 pm
      I cannot believe there isn't a thread on music's greatest ever duo. Have just spent the evening doing an S & G playlist on my i-pod, what a chilling evening it's been. Where to start, so many classic songs. Got to say Bookends is in my top 5 all time fav albums. Songs like America, Bookends, Save the Life of my Child, A Hazy Shade of Winter, Mrs Robinson, Fakin In, all classics in their own right.

They are such a perfect partnership, Paul Simon with his great songwriting and playing skills, Art Garfunkel with a stunning voice, a shame they have such a volatile relationship.

Hope they do another tour here soon, as they are one of the few, I would pay over the odds to see live, what about it guys?

Can't believe I have missed out Feelin Groovy, Bridge and The Boxer as stand out songs, but when there's so many to choose from it becomes an impossible choice!  :o :o
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Re: Simon and Garfunkel
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2010 11:45:50 pm
      Not really into Simon and Garfunkel but after seeing Watchmen I love Sound Of Silence. It's the scene at the graveyard.

The music in the whole film is excellent by the way if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Oct 30, 2010 12:14:43 am
      I haven't seen that, but Sounds of Silence is one powerful song. It was used to good effect in The Graduate too.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Oct 30, 2010 12:29:28 am
      Love Simon and Garfunkel, they made some amazing songs, my favourites being -

The Boxer
      Mrs Robinson
      Homeward Bound
      The Sound of Silence
      Cecilia
      Wednesday Morning 3am

Could listen to them forever, such lovely harmonies.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #4: Oct 30, 2010 03:10:09 am
      Being 19 years old I consider myself a rare commodity in that I appreciate such classic music as this :laugh: . As It's been said, two of the most harmonious singer/songwriters that ever existed in the music industry, very appreciative for music as good and as simple as this.

The Sound Of Silence and The Boxer are two personal favourites.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Oct 30, 2010 07:23:53 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6: Nov 10, 2010 05:51:49 pm
      Excellent music which I've been into from the the beginning. The fact that Paul Simon was inspired to write Homeward Bound as he passed through Widnes on a train tells you he's got things sussed.

Quick Reply