Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (14.8%)
      Martin Kelly
      (50.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (11.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (23.1%)

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 56689 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #713: Nov 10, 2010 11:18:36 pm
      Missed the game, was at 5's.

Should I just go and make a cuppa and see 'a man about a dog' during our highlights?
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #714: Nov 10, 2010 11:43:13 pm
      The 2nd half was bad, I felt bad for stevie crossbar bouncer, shelvey looked tired jogging all time, konchesky constantly get's skinned woy needs to admit is wrong with that purchase as well as polio and his negative tactics, screaming like most fans there to come up, thing is I now fear ngog getting a game saturday the only thing I want him on the pitch for is one of them shawcross snappers to get him offf are pitch for a while awful I know but I don't want him on the pitch. Ref was giving sh!t decisons aswell looked like he was on dave whelans payroll on a few occasions. I hope we don't play negative against stoke and put the pressure on early like we did tonight but keep it up all the match consistently. I hope nathan eccy gets more time on the pitch he looks most promising he has good skill aswell.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #715: Nov 10, 2010 11:43:51 pm
      Not long back from the game. Tired, frustrated and disappointed. Thought we were gonna come out in the second half and take the game to them. But we got deeper and more bone idle.

This tiredness business doesn't sit right with me. There's no excuse to not show the desire to win. And we didn't do that for huge portions of the game. No sign of any width deep in their half and playing too narrow.

Wigan pretty much outplayed us in the second half and a good twenty odd minutes of the first half.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #716: Nov 10, 2010 11:45:50 pm
      On MOTD now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #717: Nov 10, 2010 11:46:26 pm
      And kaboom.

Back to the old stuff we go. Yes Roy fu**ed up the subs but F***ing hell did the lads out there show no heart or desire in that second half too.

You're playing for the greatest club in the world. Act like it all the time, not just at home against the champions. Makes the Chelsea game mean F**k all when we play this sh*t the following game.

Not happy.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #718: Nov 11, 2010 12:10:57 am
      Well I've never seen such a half arsed performance from this team since...Blackpool.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #719: Nov 11, 2010 12:27:30 am
      Where was Konchesky for the night and someone said last night a left back wasn't a priority.

It's our number 1 priority.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #720: Nov 11, 2010 12:29:10 am
       Normal Service Has Been Resumed,we played total rubbish,disappointed and disgusted with that performance.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #721: Nov 11, 2010 01:11:26 am
      Just read the pre match hype.....you lot make me laugh.

Not long got back from the match.....and this is my first post since Blackpool and i've been to all the games since except Napoli..

This performance was exactly like the rest.....rubbish.

But this time it was different because we were out played with good football from the best team i've seen so far in Wigan Ath...just like last season.
      Most of you would be crowing over the win against Chelsea but look more closely and you find it was still the same as any other game this season....Wigan were sharper,faster and a better footballing team...

Your hero Fernando(besides goal) was back to his awful best....Message to Fernando:stop complaining about every challenge that comes your way:
      Wigan are a template of how it should be done,free flowing attacking football that's great to watch,sadly lacking by L.F.C.

I've not even read any of the Chelsea thread as i know what it'll say....but you need to look past the result sometimes and we play Stoke next so you'll be back on Roy's back.....I clapped Wigan tonight as i really enjoyed seeing some nice football being played and the cheaper tickets and refreshments and view...

Besides a few there's to many wooly backs on here and star struck post 92 flunky's who wouldn't know good football if it hit you on the head.....If Liverpool had won tonight you'd still think all was rosey.

Hey didn't Lucas play well for about 5 mins here or there....c'mon.

Nogog.....needs to go and we need to buy or get on loan and decent experienced striker in.Number 1 priority.

Tonight was a lesson we need to learn from or it'll just keep going on and on....

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #722: Nov 11, 2010 01:15:45 am

Not long got back from the match.....and this is my first post since Blackpool and i've been to all the games since except Napoli..

But this time it was different because we were out played with good football from the best team i've seen so far in Wigan Ath...just like last season.
      Most of you would be crowing over the win against Chelsea but look more closely and you find it was still the same as any other game this season....Wigan were sharper,faster and a better footballing team...

Your hero Fernando(besides goal) was back to his awful best....Message to Fernando:stop complaining about every challenge that comes your way:
      Wigan are a template of how it should be done,free flowing attacking football that's great to watch,sadly lacking by L.F.C.

I've not even read any of the Chelsea thread as i know what it'll say....but you need to look past the result sometimes and we play Stoke next so you'll be back on Roy's back.....I clapped Wigan tonight as i really enjoyed seeing some nice football being played and the cheaper tickets and refreshments and view...

Besides a few there's to many wooly backs on here and star struck post 92 flunky's who wouldn't know good football if it hit you on the head.....If Liverpool had won tonight you'd still think all was rosey.

Nogog.....needs to go and we need to buy or get on loan and decent experienced striker in.Number 1 priority.

Tonight was a lesson we need to learn from or it'll just keep going on and on....

You're not related to Richobaz are you?
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #723: Nov 11, 2010 02:03:34 am
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #724: Nov 11, 2010 02:16:40 am
      Just finished watching the recording on LFC TV.Very dissapointed but not surprised.Beating Chelski then meeting a side like Wigan,typically ends up with the anticlimax.
      I was just losing the will to live when Poulsen was introduced.F*** Me I can't stop looking for him and the sh** that comes with it.
      Certainly is difficult to find any shining lights,equally its easy to find the not so glowing performances.
      Maxi,Konchesky and Skyrtle would IMO find it difficult to be included in the starting line up any time soon.
      We can and will expect a better show on Saturday (in can't get worse than that methinks)
      And to finish off a BIG up to Martin Kelly MOM for me and his progression continues.(good morning all)
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #725: Nov 11, 2010 02:16:48 am
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #726: Nov 11, 2010 02:25:42 am

Yeah. Bet your scouse favourite Rooneh is back in your good books after his little u-turn isn't he.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #727: Nov 11, 2010 02:37:46 am
      to many passengers who lacked any sort of urgency or passion if these guys had our jobs and acted like they did today they would be let go
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #728: Nov 11, 2010 03:16:29 am

If you read the forums, some people do think Konchesky is good enough.. my arse..
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #729: Nov 11, 2010 03:22:00 am

You know, It is possible to type your sentiments, without coming across as a wumish tw@t.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #730: Nov 11, 2010 03:44:37 am

Not long got back from the match.....and this is my first post since Blackpool and I've been to all the games since except Napoli..

But this time it was different because we were out played with good football from the best team I've seen so far in Wigan Ath...just like last season.

I've not even read any of the Chelsea thread as I know what it'll say....but you need to look past the result sometimes and we play Stoke next so you'll be back on Roy's back.....I clapped Wigan tonight as I really enjoyed seeing some nice football being played and the cheaper tickets and refreshments and view...

You enjoy sucking your own cock? F***ing hell, ive seen many posters who think pretty highly of their own opinion but you are up there with the best of them. I'm a 'post 92' i guess by definition being that i was only born in '88, i guess i just should bow down to you cos obviously you are just so much better than me you big superfan you.

:roll:

Well, that was sh*t again. I think a lot of us said that the real test was backing up the Chelsea game here and with Stoke. It hasn't happened, we reverted to sh*t and got largely played off the park by Wigan. WIGAN.

Roy needs to go. Any glimmer of hope that began after the last few games was snuffed out pretty quickly today, the man is useless.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #731: Nov 11, 2010 04:35:25 am
      You enjoy sucking your own cock? F***ing hell, ive seen many posters who think pretty highly of their own opinion but you are up there with the best of them. I'm a 'post 92' I guess by definition being that I was only born in '88, I guess I just should bow down to you cos obviously you are just so much better than me you big superfan you.

:roll:

Well, that was sh*t again. I think a lot of us said that the real test was backing up the Chelsea game here and with Stoke. It hasn't happened, we reverted to sh*t and got largely played off the park by Wigan. WIGAN.

Roy needs to go. Any glimmer of hope that began after the last few games was snuffed out pretty quickly today, the man is useless.

Mate don't let him wind you up.

Not worth your time buddy.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #732: Nov 11, 2010 05:00:46 am
      no attack from our wings and they use their wings very well.Is not good to just def we must also play attacking football so that the other teams know they must also def ..I still say that our team need good players on the wings .
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #733: Nov 11, 2010 05:13:55 am

Not long got back from the match.....and this is my first post since Blackpool and I've been to all the games since except Napoli..

But this time it was different because we were out played with good football from the best team I've seen so far in Wigan Ath...just like last season.

I've not even read any of the Chelsea thread as I know what it'll say....but you need to look past the result sometimes and we play Stoke next so you'll be back on Roy's back.....I clapped Wigan tonight as I really enjoyed seeing some nice football being played and the cheaper tickets and refreshments and view...

A F***ing shame you get to attend matches.
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #734: Nov 11, 2010 06:32:59 am
      I just don't understand why the tactics changed from how we played against chelsea. What an ar*sh*le he is. There's no excuse. Just doesn't make sense. It's the same players on the field. Konchesky is just not good enough and he had to bring in Polshite. I really just can't understand why we were just not playing like how we played against chelsea. ??? :mad:
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #735: Nov 11, 2010 06:42:08 am
      Konchesky all night for me was shocking.Let good crosses come in all night and still can't tackle for sh*t.How he has managed to get a four year contract I will never know,and I aint even starting on the Swedish fella.RH have a look at what you have bought. 
      I think Polio is Danish.

Quick Reply