Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (14.8%)
      Martin Kelly
      (50.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (11.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (23.1%)

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 56674 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #736: Nov 11, 2010 06:49:13 am
      I just don't understand why the tactics changed from how we played against chelsea. What an ar*sh*le he is. There's no excuse. Just doesn't make sense. It's the same players on the field. Konchesky is just not good enough and he had to bring in Polshite. I really just can't understand why we were just not playing like how we played against chelsea. ??? :mad:
      I am just as confused as you,when I saw the team I thought good we will go at Wigan the same way we went at Chelsea,sadly after Torres scored the whole team went to pieces and looked third rate.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #737: Nov 11, 2010 06:54:39 am
      Come on Guys don't be so harsh on Poor old Goody Goody Uncle Roy. He is actually doing a great job. Its been a long time since he lost away from home (3 games) and he has already won an away game with us. He is unbeaten for so many games I can't count anymore. Just wait till he gets it right. Imagine he is still getting us points while being so negative. Imagine our team after Roy is done teaching them, we will be unbeatable and we will win the league with 5 or more games to spare. Lets just give him 2 seasons and I am sure he will win us the Championship. He has already bought us 2 championship material players in Poulsen and Konchesky and he is beginning to groom the youngster to help us win the championship because I am not sure whether our big names will remain next season but one thing is clear Roy is my favorite candidate to win the Coca Cola Championship next season. Lets give him the time to win us that trophy for I think he is capable of winning that trophy, I mean if its not asking too much from him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #738: Nov 11, 2010 07:04:09 am
      Come on Guys don't be so harsh on Poor old Goody Goody Uncle Roy. He is actually doing a great job. Its been a long time since he lost away from home (3 games) and he has already won an away game with us. He is unbeaten for so many games I can't count anymore. Just wait till he gets it right. Imagine he is still getting us points while being so negative. Imagine our team after Roy is done teaching them, we will be unbeatable and we will win the league with 5 or more games to spare. Lets just give him 2 seasons and I am sure he will win us the Championship. He has already bought us 2 championship material players in Poulsen and Konchesky and he is beginning to groom the youngster to help us win the championship because I am not sure whether our big names will remain next season but one thing is clear Roy is my favorite candidate to win the Coca Cola Championship next season. Lets give him the time to win us that trophy for I think he is capable of winning that trophy, I mean if its not asking too much from him.
      That is not a bad post,you almost convinced me about Roy"s capabilities.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #739: Nov 11, 2010 07:09:16 am
      Perhaps Roy would like to answer the following questions:

1) Why did we sit so deep the entire game?
      2) When we started hoofing the ball constantly, did you associate that with the midfield being too deep to get out of the Wigan press?
      3) How would you evaluate Konchesky's performance?
      4) When Poulsen came on for (the clearly tiring) Kuyt - what were you hoping to get from this game?
      5) Why Nathan Ecclestone for Maxi (who seemed our best possession player today - low bar I admit)
      6) When the 743rd wave of Wigan attack came in, did you ever think'; "I should change this"?
      7)If we were so overstaffed, why do we have unproven kids being sent on to save a game?
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #740: Nov 11, 2010 07:18:04 am

Yes....... and if we carry on with this sh*te, by Christmas, I'm very sure he'll get us to Division 2!! Mr Henry, Please act before it's too late. Bye, Roy... xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #741: Nov 11, 2010 07:25:33 am
      I don't want our next trophy to be the Coca Cola Championship Champion by RH..  :f_wah:
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #742: Nov 11, 2010 07:48:43 am
      I don't want our next trophy to be the Coca Cola Championship Champion by RH..  :f_wah:
      That's not a foregone conclusion my friend. We must first hope that Wigan or Blackpool don't get relegated first and foremost.  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,147 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #743: Nov 11, 2010 08:10:36 am
      Just read the pre match hype.....you lot make me laugh.

Not long got back from the match.....and this is my first post since Blackpool and I've been to all the games since except Napoli..

1st post since we lost to Blackpool 5 weeks ago. Only defeat since then was the derby we won 4 drew 1 of the other 5 games, including a fine win Sunday and you couldnt post once but back now after a poor result?

We make you laugh do we. Funny that
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #744: Nov 11, 2010 09:16:11 am
      Back to fecking normal...  :f_wah:

I wanted to rip roys saggy frigging turkey flap off when he brought poulshite on, why didnt he bring on Jova and give him a shot upfront or provide some width...

He is a small time manager and needs shipping out asap
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #745: Nov 11, 2010 09:22:47 am
      I hope our Queen of LFC, Ms Linda Pizzutti, watch the game and convey our frustrations to JH. I think many of us don't want to see RH at the next game. They've got to get rid of this ulcer before he causes more pain. Really pissed off.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,742 posts | 569 
      Reply #746: Nov 11, 2010 09:31:00 am
      Aurelio - where the fu*k is he - the darren anderton of LFC - he would solve a lot of issues...

glad to see Kelly getting a game
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #747: Nov 11, 2010 09:35:48 am
      Just read the pre match hype.....you lot make me laugh.

...bla bla bla....bla bla...

Tonight was a lesson we need to learn from or it'll just keep going on and on....

please go away mr bitter, thanks.

about the game, why we defending so deep...again? didn't he learn from earlier on that it DOES NOT WORK.

f***ing poulson? that creative spark that was going to create a winner? roy needs to stop thinking defensively first. his initial thought is always to shore up defence. when we attacked (on rare occasions), they looked vulnerable, so we should have gone for it. but noooo, roy hammers down his defensive fist up the ar*e of the midfield.

konchesky ... don't wanna talk about it.

bah, i'm off  toast the f**k out of some bread.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #748: Nov 11, 2010 09:36:55 am
       :mad: not very good and F***ing freezing not a good combo   :f_steam:
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #749: Nov 11, 2010 09:39:48 am
      Back to fecking normal...  :f_wah:

I wanted to rip roys saggy frigging turkey flap off when he brought poulshite on, why didnt he bring on Jova and give him a shot upfront or provide some width...

He is a small time manager and needs shipping out asap
      I was a firm backer of Hodgson when his appointment was announced, but have to say, even though I still believe he should be given a little more time to turn it around, at the moment, he is nothing more than a master of his own downfall.

Hodgson bought Poulsen to bolster up the defence and possibly as the replacement for Masch. How wrong could he possibly have been.

Hodgson brought Poulsen on last night because he knew we was struggling to cope with the Wigan offensive. I am convinced that was all he was thinking about was the point away from home.

Not good seeing as we came out the blocks urgently and looking like it could be a game where we did much to improve our goal difference.

It is time for Roy to realise that unless you go out to attack, you will always be defending. Come on Roy, this isn't the f**king Krypton Factor!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #750: Nov 11, 2010 09:43:19 am
      Perhaps Roy would like to answer the following questions:

1) Why did we sit so deep the entire game?
      2) When we started hoofing the ball constantly, did you associate that with the midfield being too deep to get out of the Wigan press?
      3) How would you evaluate Konchesky's performance?
      4) When Poulsen came on for (the clearly tiring) Kuyt - what were you hoping to get from this game?
      5) Why Nathan Ecclestone for Maxi (who seemed our best possession player today - low bar I admit)
      6) When the 743rd wave of Wigan attack came in, did you ever think'; "I should change this"?
      7)If we were so overstaffed, why do we have unproven kids being sent on to save a game?

Didn't get to see the game. This tells me all I need to know.  :f_wah:
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #751: Nov 11, 2010 09:53:04 am
      We need natural wingers, you just cant play with mereiles on the right, ok i know we need batter wingers but babel, jovanovic, amoo, pacheco anyone who can provide an outlet to get down that flank.

i know babel has played cack and needs to be replaced but he would have been better than nowt.

ok away from home but we should have still dicked them all over

Pepe
            Kelly   Skrt   Carra    Konch

Merelies            Lucas
                        Gerrard

Maxi                       Jova
                        Torres

Afer bringing off Kuyt he should have done this
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #752: Nov 11, 2010 09:59:11 am
      You enjoy sucking your own cock? F***ing hell, ive seen many posters who think pretty highly of their own opinion but you are up there with the best of them. I'm a 'post 92' I guess by definition being that I was only born in '88, I guess I just should bow down to you cos obviously you are just so much better than me you big superfan you.

:roll:

Well, that was sh*t again. I think a lot of us said that the real test was backing up the Chelsea game here and with Stoke. It hasn't happened, we reverted to sh*t and got largely played off the park by Wigan. WIGAN.

Roy needs to go. Any glimmer of hope that began after the last few games was snuffed out pretty quickly today, the man is useless.

Now there's no need to be so rude.

Do you think about sucking C**ks alot then? just say what's on your mind.

Though you tended to agree with me....

Conform.....sorry it's just not on my list,i say what i see.....
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #753: Nov 11, 2010 10:00:58 am
      If you read the forums, some people do think Konchesky is good enough.. my arse..

What?
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #754: Nov 11, 2010 10:03:09 am
      A f**king shame you get to attend matches.

Do you?

Because if you don't....crawl back to Sky or ESPN.

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #755: Nov 11, 2010 10:06:52 am
      I think our performance last night was typical of Liverpool in the last few years of Premier League football.  I was there, frustration filled the away end.

Every result around us was not only great, but PERFECT.  Bolton, City, Newcastle, Spurs, even United dropped points.  But again, we failed to grab it by the scruff and take advantage.  I was suddenly reminded of the failure of Stoke away a few years back after the now infamous ‘rant’

Regardless of what manger we have, what changes were made and what stadium we play in, it’s almost as if it’s in our DNA to not fully take advantage and capitalise on other teams mistakes.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #756: Nov 11, 2010 10:25:33 am
      Isn't it too much to ask for an away win under Roy?!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #757: Nov 11, 2010 10:26:37 am
      Isn't it too much to ask for an away win under Roy?!

Bolton?
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #758: Nov 11, 2010 10:36:10 am
      Best player tonight-Lucas, the amount of work he puts in is incredable. why not in the MOTM vote?
      Worst player Maxi, constantly gave the ball away, doesnt really get forward or back, at fault for the goal because he let the guy who crossed it in run by him. Very poor tonight.
      The rest of the team were somwhere in between these two.
      Good point for Wigan, they played well, N,zogbia and Rodallega caused us all sorts of problems

Quick Reply