Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit St. Petersburg)

Read 2737 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit St. Petersburg)
      Nov 11, 2010 01:13:46 pm
      Alexander Kerzhakov making Liverpool wait after Zenit striker claims Roy Hodgson has made him an offer

By Ashley Gray Last updated at 11:51 AM on 11th November 2010

Alexander Kerzhakov says Liverpool have made him an offer - but the Zenit St Petersburg striker is refusing to give an answer till the end of the Russian season later this month.

Sportsmail revealed last month that the Reds had sent scouts to watch the 27-year-old Russia international with a view to a move in January.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson admits he wants to bring in strikers this winter to take the burden off Fernando Torres, but is not yet sure whether he will be able to do deals.

Damien Comolli may also have other plans after being installed as director of football strategy, but Kerzhakov admitted his agent had received an offer.

'The talk about Liverpool is not baseless,' Kerzhakov told the Rossiyskaya Gazeta. 'The British club came to my agent with a proposal. I answered… I didn't answer at all.

'I have other things to think about and in all respects I am happy in Russia. My team is in first place in the national championship and I have always said that I wanted to play for Zenit.

'In the case of Liverpool I will not take the initiative, but I can count the fingers on one hand for the amount of clubs I could theoretically go to.

'This is because Zenit is playing beautiful, modern football and the club is growing rapidly. And I am here, at home.'

Kerzhakov stopped short of ruling out a move and playing for one of Europe's biggest clubs - despite Liverpool's current travails - would be hard to resist.

However, the striker had a torrid time on his previous spell outside Russia and failed to impress during two years at Atletico Madrid before being saved by Dynamo Moscow in 2008.

Kerzhakov only joined Zenit in January and has three more years left on his contract.

The club are under no financial pressure to sell, but will not stand in the way of him taking a step up if the offer is right, as demonstrated when they reluctantly sold Andrey Arshavin to Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1328691/Alexander-Kerzhakov-making-Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-wait.html#ixzz14ym71UoY
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Alexander Kerzhakov (Zenit St. Petersburg)
      Reply #1: Nov 11, 2010 02:37:53 pm
      Nahhhh.

Good player but not up to the standard we want. And he isn't young. Was very good at Sevilla but complained alot and we can get better.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2010 07:02:16 pm
      I've seen a lot of links today to this lad and the player has said we are in contact. I would be F***ing shocked if we signed this lad, he is 27 has flopped miserably outside Russia, his goalscoring record is fairly ordinary.

This reminds me of Voronin mark 2. I would be seriously concerned if NESV or Comoli allowed this transfer. Obvious as F***ing day he is a Hodgson target.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2010 07:16:13 pm
      To be fair, he rarely got a shot at Sevilla but showed good things at times. Kanoute and Fabiano, and then Chevanton joined the club later who always played ahead of him and he only ever got chances off the bench.

That's the only team he played for outside of Russia. When he was linked away from them the first time, he was linked to many big clubs who wanted him including Spurs, ourselves and Arsenal. He just wanted to go home but.

The talent is/was there but at 27, i don't think he will move from Zenit again.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2010 07:28:49 pm
      I'd be extremely disappointed with this signing to be honest Crouch. It would go completely against NESV supposed policy of targetting top young players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2010 07:39:31 pm
      He's not that bad. Still, straight out i'd pass on him because he won't be happy playing second fiddle and if he were to partner Fernando, it won't end well. They dont compliment each other.

Interesting that we've been in touch though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2010 08:59:23 pm
      Looks like prior to Comoli though can't see Comoli being a fan.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2010 09:57:44 pm
      Yeah was just reading up on this and it was prior to Comolli.

Guess he can stay where he is in Zenit.

Quick Reply