Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Tony Watt (Airdrie United)

Read 3348 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Tony Watt (Airdrie United)
      Nov 11, 2010 06:33:23 pm
      Celtic trialist could be Liverpool's new Scottish King

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/celtic-trialist-could-be-liverpool-s-new-scottish-king

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing 16-year-old Airdrie United striker Tony Watt after he impressed in an under-17 friendly.

Watt has been training with Celtic and since last week and Glasgow rivals Rangers are also set to take him on trial in the near future.

Liverpool scouts were alerted to the youngster's potential after watching him play for Celtic under-17s against the Anfield club and have been impressed.

The Auld Firm have also liked what they have seen and will be desperate to challenge Liverpool for the signing Watt.

Airdrie boss Jimmy Boyle has given Watt 13 games for the first team and he has netted twice - and the gaffer believes the attention is great for the player and the club.

"We received lots of positive feedback from Celtic. They say he worked very hard. Rangers want to take a look at him as well, so he will go in there for a couple of days," Boyle said.

"If it's going to improve his fitness and help his football education then it's going to benefit Airdrie."

Liverpool have put a new emphasis on youth since John W Henry bought the club and manager Roy Hodgson has been blooding the young talent they currently have at the club.

The likes of Martin Kelly, Jonjo Shelvey, Nathan Eccleston and Jay Spearing have been given run outs at Anfield this season and the club are obviously looking to the future if they are to make an offer for Watt.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Tony Watt (Airdrie United)
      Reply #1: Nov 11, 2010 06:40:51 pm
      I'm all for improving our future assets, but I think if we put as much effort into finding suitable players for the present, everything would be hunky-dory!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2010 12:17:50 pm
      "The Auld Firm have also liked what they have seen and will be desperate to challenge Liverpool for the signing Watt." Note to author: don't do that it makes you look like a pure mad fanny

I'm pretty sure the Old Firm will also be interested in him at this rate  :f_tongueincheek:

I'm all for getting in young, talented players so if there is a chance he is the real deal then we should get Rodolfo coaching him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2010 07:37:56 am
      I'm all for improving our future assets, but I think if we put as much effort into finding suitable players for the present, everything would be hunky-dory!
      Totally agree,if we bought 20 young kids it would not help with getting into Europe next season,we need proven quality and we need it in January.We have relied on the bargain basement for far too long.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #4: Nov 15, 2010 08:58:20 pm
      Yeah plus would be funny to see his name on the teamsheet - T.Watt

Quick Reply