Trending Topics

Roy singles out Johnno for bad performances???

Read 9492 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Roy singles out Johnno for bad performances???
      Reply #46: Nov 13, 2010 09:44:21 am
      Fook that. Johnson is one player who needed to be told that. If rafa was boss and said it we'd all be saying spot on. Just because Roy's a tw*t doesn't mean hes wrong here

Fair doo's Johnson may have needed a word in his ear about his performances, but there is having a word in his ear and there is having a word in his ear via the media, its pointless saying if Rafa had said it would have been spot on as Rafa would never have done it, Rafa protected the players and the club and refrained from criticising them in public, think Riera, even after he was condemened for labelling the club a sinking ship, Benitez in his explination to the media refrained from being heavily critical of Riera and even looked uncomfortable explaining the situation when pressed.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #47: Nov 13, 2010 09:46:06 am
      What an arse. The man talks total rubbish, no wonder the team play is crap at the moment if he talks this rubbish at the team talk!

Man management skills are dreadful! How to give a person confidence, well this is not it.

Sorry to say it, (well I'm not actually) He has got to go, to criticise your own players is crass and he really needs to go.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #48: Nov 13, 2010 09:46:53 am
      Who's F***ing side is our manager on? Somebody really should have a word or kidnap him...I'm going right over the edge now on the very tip of paranoid schizophrenia, you  got a lot to answer for Roy, better stop and try and get back on an even keel.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Nov 13, 2010 09:49:01 am
      Understand where you're coming from. But if the manager doesn't have control of the locker-room more than this, then he should do the decent thing and walk away. What player will have respect for a manager that asks the press to do his job?? Telling them to ask the player why he's not performing?

Plenty of managers at all levels in all sports criticise players for bad performances. Theres 2 ways that play can react. Up the performance as a fook you to the manager or shrivel up and die or move club.

In this case were talking about a big money player on huge wages playing for Liverpool football club and an England international. Now if he cant take a deserved pop at him and up his game well quite frankly he should fook off to another club. I know as you all do deep down if Rafa said this we'd all be 100% in agreement. Check the Johnson player thread not many happy posts in there about his performances.

But because Roy is a knob and more often then not says stupid things does not make him wrong on this. Plenty of players around the world have had the same things said and they get up and get on with it and improve there game. The question here now should be will Johnson? And I actually don't think he will give enough of a fook to up his game
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #50: Nov 13, 2010 09:51:17 am
      Arrogant cockney c**t is woy and i will celebrate the day he has gone.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #51: Nov 13, 2010 09:55:19 am
      Fair doo's Johnson may have needed a word in his ear about his performances, but there is having a word in his ear and there is having a word in his ear via the media,

Agree have a word in his ear on the training pitch, I hope he did, but to me a player like Johnson would take it in 1 ear and out the other. If he knows everyone including fellow pros read about his manager not being happy with his level of performance then pride should kick in and he should raise his game which is a poaitive for Liverpool.

Im actually looking forward to see how Johnson responds
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #52: Nov 13, 2010 10:00:25 am
      I've said a few times and I'll say it again, Johnson is a luxury player.  He may not be the best defender but that isn't what he is renowned for.  It is his attacking play from the back that makes him the player he is.  Roy's agricultural tactics don't allow that.  But its not just Roy's tactics that are a problem.

The biggest problem is the lack of pace across the back 4.  If we had a couple of CB's with recovery pace, then we could play a higher line and pin our opponents back and that is when players like Johnson come into their own.  We could have Maicon/Alves down the right and Evra/Cole down the left and they would both look terrible simply because of the defensive line we play.  It happened last season with Rafa where I felt our defensive line fell back by about 10 yards and this year there has been a conscious pull back of our defensive line.  Johnson might not fit in with what we are trying to achieve but watch him move to Spurs and play really well and dominate again.  Its a shame that he has been subject to criticism because again he is one of the proper footballers in our squad.

Nail on head. You know it, I know it, anyone with a footballing brain knows it and the F***ing dogs in the street know it. Sadly the snide old dinosaur doesn't.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #53: Nov 13, 2010 10:00:54 am
      May be roy is trying to unsettle johnson to move him on in january or the summer.

F***ing shame roy is not very vocal in carra's performances.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #54: Nov 13, 2010 10:02:55 am
      Btw., before everyone jumps to their guns, any link or source Chico? Who wrote this? Anyone else care about a source btw.?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9186332.stm

Any Good?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #55: Nov 13, 2010 10:03:18 am
      May be roy is trying to unsettle johnson to move him on in january or the summer.

Was actually just thinking that after I made me last post.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #56: Nov 13, 2010 10:04:47 am

Im actually looking forward to see how Johnson responds

Strangely enough so am I to a degree, still think Roy could have handled it better though, Our Manager feeding the press negative publicity about the club or players will never sit right with me.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      Reply #57: Nov 13, 2010 10:08:23 am

If you want to get rid of a player, you tell them face to face. Not hint in the Press Conference.

Roy is confussed as F**k!

At the start of the season he said we were OVER STAFFED.

He got rid of players and bought sh*te. He now claims that we are OVER STRETCHED.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #58: Nov 13, 2010 10:17:30 am

It'd a bit like an estate agent trying to sell a house by saying the roof leaks constantly though isn't it?

How it helps a player by coming out and saying stuff like this to the press and then the player getting asked questions by every journalist he comes across about how he feels about his manager slagging him off.

A good manager has broad shoulders and carries blame well. A bad manager deflects blame to what he perceives as his minions.

Whether he's right about Glen or not it is not dirty washing that's for public consumption.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #59: Nov 13, 2010 10:19:32 am
      But because Roy is a knob and more often then not says stupid things does not make him wrong on this.

I know what you are saying Brian but think about this; should a manager, any manager, in any walk of life, attack and belittle one of his staff in such a public manner? Set aside how we may or may not feel about Glen's performances. Set aside whether he's right or not about Glen. ...Is this behavior really acceptable and befitting of a Liverpool manager?

Let's be honest here; Hodgson HAS singled out Johnson. He has never criticised Poulsen who's an absolute goat. He hasn't attacked Konchesky in the same way. Why?

It's clear that Roy has an agenda - that agenda? To purge Liverpool of all things Benitez.

Has Hodgson ever came out and taken any blame for his sh*te performances?

How would he feel if John Henry spoke out to the press and told them "Hodgson is sh*te, he was 'manager of the year' but i'm not seeing that. You'll need to ask Roy why he's not performing but i'll say this; if he doesn't, he won't be managing my team"?
      « Last Edit: Nov 13, 2010 10:24:37 am by bad boy bubby »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #60: Nov 13, 2010 10:21:34 am
      Whatever confidence johnson had must be shot by now knowing what his manager has said about him to the media,if i was in glens postition i would counter roys comments by stating what a poor tactical manager woy is.

Just to point out none of johnsons ex managers had a problem with his work ethic.

Johnsons game has no been helped by a legless carra who should be in postition to mop up when johnson is out of position whilst making attacking runs.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #61: Nov 13, 2010 10:30:41 am
      I know what you are saying Brian but think about this; should a manager, any manager, in any walk of life, attack and belittle one of his staff in such a public manner? Set aside how we may or may not feel about Glen's performances. Set aside whether he's right or not about Glen. ...Is this behavior really acceptable and befitting of a Liverpool manager?

Let's be honest here; Hodgson HAS singled out Johnson. He has never criticised Poulsen who's an absolute goat. He hasn't attacked Konchesky in the same way. Why?

It's clear that Roy has an agenda - that agenda? To purge Liverpool of all things Benitez.

Has Hodgson ever came out and taken any blame for his sh*te performances?

How would he feel if John Henry spoke out to the press and told them "Hodgson is sh*te, he was 'manager of the year' but I'm not seeing that. You'll need to ask Roy why he's not performing but I'll say this; if he doesn't, he won't be managing my team"?

With regards to Poulsen and Koncheskey I dont rate them at all they shouldn't be here. I wouldnt give 2 shiney shites if he never mentioned them or gave them a tounge lashing from the top of radio cit tower.

Johnson tho is a player and has not been performing for us as he should be. If the public shaming gets the best out of him ill be happy. I know what people are annoyed about, its not the Liverpool way, but most of those ways were killed anyway in the last 3 years. But I am trying to get the positive from it that could be the awakening of Johnson from his slumber

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #62: Nov 13, 2010 10:33:04 am
      Whatever confidence johnson had must be shot by now knowing what his manager has said about him to the media,

Then Shabs we should question is he the right mentallity to play for us and drag us back to the top, does he deserve to be on the huge wage hes on and should he be Englands 1st choice rightback?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #63: Nov 13, 2010 10:37:46 am
      Last season the whole squad under preformed but not once was rafa critical of one single player but stated that the 'senior' players needed to up their game.

Now owl face has not only undermimed johnson this year but he has also upset torres and reina,that to me is very poor man managment.

I would not like to work for a boss who thinks im crap at my job yet fails to see his own failings as a manager.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #64: Nov 13, 2010 10:42:38 am
      With regards to Poulsen and Koncheskey I dont rate them at all they shouldn't be here. I wouldnt give 2 shiney shites if he never mentioned them or gave them a tounge lashing from the top of radio cit tower.

Johnson tho is a player and has not been performing for us as he should be. If the public shaming gets the best out of him ill be happy. I know what people are annoyed about, its not the Liverpool way, but most of those ways were killed anyway in the last 3 years. But I am trying to get the positive from it that could be the awakening of Johnson from his slumber

We'll agree to disagree here.

The problem ain't the lack of defending prowess on Glen's behalf, that's not what his game is about. ... the problem is Hodgson's "tried and tested" (yawn) two, very flat, very deep, defensive lines of four. Glen just doesn't fit into Roy's vision of how a team should play.

Vision.   :lmao: ...F**k me. ...I had myself laughing there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #65: Nov 13, 2010 10:45:51 am
      Then Shabs we should question is he the right mentallity to play for manage us and drag us back to the top, does he deserve to be on the huge wage hes on and should he be England's 1st choice rightback L.M.A. 'manager of the year?

Fixed that for you Brian?  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #66: Nov 13, 2010 10:47:59 am

Beat me to it bbb. ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #67: Nov 13, 2010 10:49:36 am

:lmao:

Nice one  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      Reply #68: Nov 13, 2010 10:51:44 am

What if Johnson upped his game and Roy got the chop next week, perfect  ;)

Quick Reply