Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Luuk De Jong (FC Twente)

Read 14873 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Re: Luuk De Jong (FC Twente)
      Reply #23: Dec 28, 2011 04:31:25 pm
      good first touch, knows where the goal is but lacks the pace.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Dec 28, 2011 05:02:55 pm
      good first touch, knows where the goal is but lacks the pace.

that is what I thought when I saw him against Fulham, jaysus that youtube video shows a lot of misses
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #25: Dec 28, 2011 05:29:52 pm
      Not as impressed as i had hoped to be.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #26: Dec 30, 2011 06:20:39 pm
      word on twitter we will be signing him this transfer window
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #27: Jan 01, 2012 11:25:31 am
      Hew seemed to miss as many as he scored. Is this going to take us forward, or will we still be creating and not scoring enough.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #28: Jan 01, 2012 12:38:13 pm
      Not good enough imo.
      Bier
      Reply #29: Jan 01, 2012 06:11:59 pm
      That video is from only the first 3 months of this season. So it's not the usual highlight reel of several seasons with only good goals and assists. It's more a realistic highlight reel, which shows stuff he missed too. Even Van Persie misses more than he scores.

Don't see this happening this transfer period, they seem to be selling Janko, their other striker.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: Jan 01, 2012 07:22:19 pm
      We already have a young striker with potential in Carroll. We need a proven finisher.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #31: Jan 04, 2012 12:35:17 pm
      TouchlineDrama
      Luuk De Jong verging on a Liverpool switch for €15m/£13m with terms already now agreed with FC Twente. Certainly fits the Fenway philosophy.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #32: Jan 04, 2012 12:40:16 pm
      I can't see us buying another young striker unless Carroll's on his way.

We need a striker who's close to or entering his prime.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Jan 04, 2012 12:42:16 pm
      All over the twitter if true it just throw doubts on Carroll s long term future
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #34: Jan 04, 2012 12:54:34 pm
      All over the twitter if true it just throw doubts on Carroll s long term future
      Maybe, or maybe Kenny will just give Carroll more time to develop and work on his game.

Plus, I don't think another striker would be a bad thing anyway, even if Carroll was firing on all cylinders.

I think it will be an interesting month up ahead as far as Andy is concerned though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #35: Jan 04, 2012 01:02:16 pm
      One for the future.  Probably not for immediate impact.  Would have thought the reds would have got better terms in the summer.

If confirmed it shows just how long term the club are prepared to look which suggests that Fenway are not going to be 'fly by night' owners.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #36: Jan 04, 2012 01:25:33 pm
      One for the future.  Probably not for immediate impact.  Would have thought the reds would have got better terms in the summer.

If confirmed it shows just how long term the club are prepared to look which suggests that Fenway are not going to be 'fly by night' owners.

Agreed. Clearly building for the future, which is good to see, as hard to compete with the likes of Manchester City, Real Madrid and Barcelona for the current top players, especially without Champions League football. That's why I can see us making an approach for Lucas Moura in the summer. Young, talented and his value will double in five years time.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #37: Jan 04, 2012 04:36:54 pm
      TouchlineDrama
      Luuk De Jong verging on a Liverpool switch for €15m/£13m with terms already now agreed with FC Twente. Certainly fits the Fenway philosophy.
      How reliable is "Touchline media" Stephen?
      Bier
      Reply #38: Jan 04, 2012 06:04:00 pm
      I think I previously said this isn't likely to happen. I'm retracting that statement. Just checked a Twente forum. Apparently Luuk De Jong has had the past 2 days off at Twente, hasn't been at training because his vacation has been extended for some reason. The rest is speculation, some are saying that the deal is done pending medicals. And they're saying he'll be replacing Kuyt, that Kuyt is out the door.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #39: Jan 04, 2012 06:09:13 pm
      How reliable is "Touchline media" Stephen?

Crap to be honest but i just thought i wound throw it up just incase.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #40: Jan 04, 2012 06:14:52 pm
      And they're saying he'll be replacing Kuyt, that Kuyt is out the door.
      Could be true.
      We were warned very early on by the US based fans who were already familiar with NESV (as they were known then) that sentiment does not come into the equation when it comes to buying and selling players. If they are going to get anything like a decent price for Kuyt then, in my opinion, he has to go now or in the summer.
      I'm looking at it from the owners point of view here, it has nothing to do with my opinion of a player who I have huge respect for.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #41: Jan 04, 2012 06:21:08 pm
      Could be true.
      We were warned very early on by the US based fans who were already familiar with NESV (as they were known then) that sentiment does not come into the equation when it comes to buying and selling players. If they are going to get anything like a decent price for Kuyt then, in my opinion, he has to go now or in the summer.
      I'm looking at it from the owners point of view here, it has nothing to do with my opinion of a player who I have huge respect for.

It's not that Henry and company don't understand honor the commitment and loyalty that LFC has from a player like Kuyt, but they are looking at this task from a more objective view. Their job is to return LFC to the top and they will do it systematically like they did with the Red Sox. Kuyt has meant a lot to this team but at the end of the day, I could hardly tell he was on the pitch yesterday. Just seemed to lack the drive and pace that he normally displays. It may be time to move on for both sides.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #42: Jan 04, 2012 07:01:14 pm
      If this works as a Kuyt replacement, sorry Dirk but I'd be happy, as much as I respect the work he's given to us and the commitment and absolutely fantastic media handling I do believe he's lost the quality he showed at the end of last season and is now on a bad downward slope for his career.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #43: Jan 06, 2012 02:12:39 pm

Liverpool: potential January transfer targets

Simon Rice
      Friday 06 January 2012

FC Twente striker Luuk De Jong has revealed he is open to a move to the Premier League. 'I'm still very happy playing for Twente, but every player has dreams,' De Jong told fifa.com. New Twente manager Steve McClaren is unlikely to want the 21-year-old to depart and De Jong is eager to be in Dutch national team manager Bert van Marwijk's plans for Euro 2012, meaning a new club at this time may not be a suitable fit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-potential-january-transfer-targets-6285998.html
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Jan 06, 2012 04:52:48 pm
      One guy on twitter is adamant that we are in for him, with Kuyt possibly leaving.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #45: Jan 10, 2012 09:25:11 pm
      Will be sorry to see Kuyt leave after the good service he has given the club, but as Bob Paisley once said. However good a player has been for you, always make sure his legs go on someone else's pitch. That said, I think it's time.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012 10:32:54 pm by MsGerrard »

Quick Reply