Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Lucas Barrios (Borussia Dortmund)

Read 4668 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Lucas Barrios (Borussia Dortmund)
      Nov 14, 2010 06:11:25 pm
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is reportedly interested in signing Borussia Dortmund marksman Lucas Barrios.

The Anfield manager is desperate to bring in a quality striker to offer support for Fernando Torres and has earmarked a move for the prolific Paraguayan international.

The well built 26 year old has been a remarkable success in the Bundesliga since his move from Cola Cola in the summer of 2009. Barrios has netted 31 goals in 50 matches for Dortmund and has attracted a great deal of interest as his form of late has helped take his side clear at the top of the table.

Roy Hodgson has been told he will receive significant funds to help improve the quality of his squad and the attacking third appears to be the area most in need of boosting. The Dortmund striker is rated at around £14m and his physical presence could help make him a good strike partner for Torres.

Liverpool may have had an upturn in form of late but are still finding goals very hard to come by, managing just 13 goals in 12 Premier League games thus far. Hodgson had attempted to bring in the likes of Roman Pavlyuchenko and Carlton Cole at the end of the last transfer window and now realises he must try his hardest to bring someone in when the transfer window reopens in January.

Double Lucas ;D

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/liverpool-interested-in-12m-rated-borussia-dortmund-hotshot
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2010 05:35:13 am by crouchinho »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Lucas Barrios (Bourissa Dortmund)
      Reply #1: Nov 14, 2010 06:23:40 pm
      Hodgson will have absolute no say in transfers.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2: Nov 14, 2010 06:51:42 pm
      I take it they mean Colo Colo not Cola Cola.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Nov 15, 2010 05:37:05 am
      ^ :D

I'm a big fan of Barrios. I think he's brilliant. He'd be cheaper than most other targets and knows where the goal is. They're top and by far the best side in the Bundesliga this season in terms of football style, so whether he would be allowed to leave or would want to leave is another thing.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Re: Lucas Barrios (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #4: Nov 16, 2010 09:07:44 pm
      I'd like barrios to join us he's been scored about 8 goals this season in 14 appearances, last season 23 goals in 36 appearances, get him signed up 'the panther' knows were the back of the net is :)    Lucas Barrios - All Goals for Borussia Dortmund watch this if you want to see him in action.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2010 09:17:12 pm by scott_hutchy »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5: Nov 17, 2010 02:42:47 am
      I doubt Dortmund will sell anybody in the winter transfer window, they are doing exceptionally well in the Bundesliga and are a genuine title contender. (7 points clear)

Lucas is key to them this year.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Nov 17, 2010 04:22:22 am
      Hodgson will have absolute no say in transfers.

Where have you heard this?

Cracking player, would make the step up well IMO

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #7: Nov 17, 2010 02:42:32 pm
      Can we have their stadium instead? ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #8: Nov 17, 2010 03:53:32 pm
      Can we have their stadium instead? ;D
      Can we have a manager instead
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #9: Nov 17, 2010 05:56:08 pm
      I'm ashamed to say I wasn't even aware of him, must pay more attention to German football!  :dunce2:

I like the sound of those stats though and being 'well built' would be no bad thing as a partner for Nando.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Nov 17, 2010 10:07:05 pm
      Barrios is boss, I'd be over the moon if we signed him.
      Kagawa
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 07, 2010 12:10:40 pm
      Hey Red fans, I have to disappoint you.  Lucas said in an interview a few days ago, that he will stay in dortmund until his contract is over. in addition he said, he could believe to stay in dortmund for the rest of his career.....

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundesliga/transfermarkt/interview-mit-lucas-barrios-ich-kann-mir-vorstellen-fur-immer-beim-bvb-zu-bleiben_14759

"FT: Could you imagine, to  play anywhere else? in france for example?"

"Barrios: In the moment I am in germany and have a long contract. nobody knows how the career will go on. but I am happy in dortmund and if it is up to me I would play for dortmund until the end of my career. Borussia took me to dormtund, invested much in me and always believed in me. I want to stay many years here.how I feel today, I want to stay in germany and will be happy like I am today "

for those who want to read the full interview I posted the link. I think the google translater will work.

and last but not least some impressive stats about lucas.  in 58 matches he shot 36 goals an made 13 assists. he played 4752 minutes full. so he shoots every 132 minutes a goal. nice!, isn't it? ^^

PS. sry for my poor english v___V
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #12: Dec 07, 2010 12:15:23 pm
      Doesn't really say much Kagawa, most smart players are quite political about this stuff to keep everybody happy. Not that I believe he'd leave Dortmund this winter, wouldn't be a smart move for him. Next summer however, we'll see.

Quick Reply