Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The 66th Ashes 2010-11

Read 53949 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Re: The 66th Ashes 2010-11
      Reply #736: Jan 05, 2011 12:16:41 am
      I have to say I'm very disappointed with the Aussies "sportsmanship" during this series.

I expect hard, but fair - I don't expect to see pakistan type tricks.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #737: Jan 05, 2011 12:19:59 am
      So that's 3 tons, including a big double, at an average of around 140, in Australia, in the Ashes.

Good stuff cooky.

Again a minus point here - some of the aussia lads didn't bother to clap his ton.

WTF is wrong with them - they're acting like spoilt brats.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #738: Jan 05, 2011 02:40:54 am
      So that's 3 tons, including a big double, at an average of around 140, in Australia, in the Ashes.

Good stuff cooky.

Again a minus point here - some of the aussia lads didn't bother to clap his ton.

WTF is wrong with them - they're acting like spoilt brats.

Cook is a fucken gem , just cracked a beautiful four thru the covers off the back foot .
      If the Aussies didn't clap Cook's ton then that is a disgrace
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #739: Jan 05, 2011 02:48:07 am
      I have to say I'm very disappointed with the Aussies "sportsmanship" during this series.

I expect hard, but fair - I don't expect to see pakistan type tricks.

What do you mean mate ? Overzealous or excessive appealing ? Your boys appeal for everything and hows about a certain batsman that faffs about and waste time in between balls .
      I've found this series to be played in nothin but good spirit . There has been a bit of niggle here and there (Pietersen/Johnson)but I love it .

I might add we have carried on at times Ponting gettin in the face of Dar wasn't a good look
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2011 02:56:46 am by ozgooner »
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #740: Jan 05, 2011 03:07:49 am
      What do you mean mate ? Overzealous or excessive appealing ? Your boys appeal for everything and hows about a certain batsman that faffs about and waste time in between balls .
      I've found this series to be played in nothin but good spirit . There has been a bit of niggle here and there (Pietersen/Johnson)but I love it .

I might add we have carried on at times Ponting gettin in the face of Dar wasn't a good look

Well, first there was the Ponting thing, and now the fake catch and not applauding Cooks ton.

I know it's hard to take, but F***ing hell, be a man about it and not sulk, which is what it seems like.

It's been a good series, slightly blighted by Ponting, and today.

Some of your lads applauded, but a few others didn't, and I think those lads need a word with themselves...
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #741: Jan 05, 2011 03:18:58 am
      Fair enough mate , if Some of our lads didn't applaud Cook then that is very poor form
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #742: Jan 05, 2011 03:43:32 am
      Cook and Bell look like battin all day :-(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #743: Jan 05, 2011 03:44:57 am
      Aussies need a wicket desperately. Haven't looked close to taking one for a couple of hours now.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #744: Jan 05, 2011 05:56:12 am
      Bell brings up his maiden ton against Australia . Superb !!!
      Looks like England will put another 500+ score on us . This is depressing :-(
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #745: Jan 05, 2011 06:15:51 am
      Depending if your an Aussie or not I think !
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #746: Jan 05, 2011 06:32:39 am
      Depending if your an Aussie or not I think !

Ha ha true , England battin us out of a possible series leveling win and at least a smidgen of pride . Go for the kill , we have dished out so many floggins to you lot in the last 20+ years and now the roles have been reversed . England has been absolutely superb
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #747: Jan 05, 2011 06:34:51 am
      Yeah we could do with some of that batting accuracy around at Woy's place  :f_tongueincheek:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #748: Jan 05, 2011 08:35:50 am
      You know, i haven't appreciated the Englishmen's game and standard of cricket until watching it live. I have always said they have done the basics perfect and really stick to their plan but watching it in person, it's amazing how they do it.

Fully deserved, this Ashes win.

Khawaja though, can bat! Looked just like i have seen him countless times before in person. Didn't go through the nerves of it being his first test, he looked like he always does in state cricket. Really happy for him.

Oh, and your lot are so polite too. Every person has been brilliant while serving them. Bit tight on the tip jar but all round good people.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #749: Jan 05, 2011 11:06:43 am
      The Aussie gamesmanship by some of the players were was darn right distgusting  :-\ Cook has been the player of the tournament and deserved maximum respect. Fooking bunch of w**kers those who didn't clap for his ton  >:(
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #750: Jan 05, 2011 06:46:28 pm
      Shocking stuff from Hughes, and Warne comes on at stumps and tries to act suprised by Lord Gower questioning the AUssie sportsmanship!!

Although, pretty cheeky from Bell as well, to review a decision which he hit. And got away with it!

Anyhoooooooooo

What a day for England. Looking forward to the tail wagging as well. Bresnan and Swann to whack 50 between them, hopefully see  prior to 100!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #751: Jan 05, 2011 07:47:55 pm
      The Aussie gamesmanship by some of the players were was darn right distgusting  :-\ Cook has been the player of the tournament and deserved maximum respect. Fooking bunch of w**kers those who didn't clap for his ton  >:(

:roll:

Okay, so i love good sportsmanship. It's awesome, and i love how it is in cricket. But seriously, getting this worked up over it? FFS, emotions run high sometimes. To be honest, if i was out there im not sure what i would have done if i had been spanked all series. I'd be downright pissed off, and the last thing id wanna see is another English player knock a ton off. I'd like to say id applaud anyways, but whos to say if i was angry at the time i would? Ive seen bad sportsmanship at times from every cricket team around the world at some stage, its just life. Not everyone is gonna be happy to acknowledge the other team straight away 100% of the time. To call them wankers and get so angry is jsut stupid. Does every player clap every ton every time in every game? F**k off they do.

I remember when Australia were trying to build up back to a good team in the 80's, i believe Border actually told the Aussie players to not be so matey with the English, he wanted the team to hate them and build some hostility as he felt the team had grown soft due to all the good natured play of recent times. Maybe thats what the Aussies need to do again.

I don't give a F**k if you don't agree with me, but thats how i feel. Cricket at the end of the day is just another sport, and not everyone is gonna like it when another team is smashing you. You won't see manc players applauding if say Gerrard knocked a hattrick past them.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #752: Jan 05, 2011 07:58:49 pm
      Not clapping Cooky's ton is nothing new, many people in the world of cricket don't clap a hundred by the opposition. It's nice to do but does it really matter? Let's be honest Gerrard wouldn't clap a hat trick by David Dunn tonight would he? It's no written rule they have to clap.

What was wrong was Hughes' cheating when Cook was on 99 not out. Made up for Bell an all, truly class player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #753: Jan 05, 2011 08:15:24 pm
      :roll:

Okay, so I love good sportsmanship. It's awesome, and I love how it is in cricket. But seriously, getting this worked up over it? FFS, emotions run high sometimes. To be honest, if I was out there im not sure what I would have done if I had been spanked all series. I'd be downright pissed off, and the last thing id wanna see is another English player knock a ton off. I'd like to say id applaud anyways, but whos to say if I was angry at the time I would? Ive seen bad sportsmanship at times from every cricket team around the world at some stage, its just life. Not everyone is gonna be happy to acknowledge the other team straight away 100% of the time. To call them wankers and get so angry is jsut stupid. Does every player clap every ton every time in every game? F**k off they do.

I remember when Australia were trying to build up back to a good team in the 80's, I believe Border actually told the Aussie players to not be so matey with the English, he wanted the team to hate them and build some hostility as he felt the team had grown soft due to all the good natured play of recent times. Maybe thats what the Aussies need to do again.

I don't give a f**k if you don't agree with me, but thats how I feel. Cricket at the end of the day is just another sport, and not everyone is gonna like it when another team is smashing you. You won't see manc players applauding if say Gerrard knocked a hattrick past them.

Like you i too don't give a fook who agrees with me and who doesn't. Were both entitled to our opinion which is the way it should be. All to often i read/see members having difference of opinion then end up throwing abuse at one another  :-\ It isn't called for.

Anyway, calling someone a w**ker for not showing gamesmanship isn't' stupid  :D

Ps I do agree though i couldn't see a manc applauding Gerrard if he got a hattrick  :D

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #754: Jan 05, 2011 09:01:02 pm
      Like you I too don't give a fook who agrees with me and who doesn't. Were both entitled to our opinion which is the way it should be. All to often I read/see members having difference of opinion then end up throwing abuse at one another  :-\ It isn't called for.

Anyway, calling someone a w**ker for not showing gamesmanship isn't' stupid  :D

Ps I do agree though I couldn't see a manc applauding Gerrard if he got a hattrick  :D

But wouldn't that be 'gamesmanship' to applaud Gerrard if he scored a hattrick against the mancs? Thus meaning if a manc player doesn't clap he is then a w**ker by your logic?

It is stupid, but hey thats my opinion ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,666 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #755: Jan 05, 2011 09:23:34 pm
      ^^^

i'm not saying its right :lmao:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #756: Jan 05, 2011 09:48:06 pm
      They didn't applaud Bell either.

Seems as though this auusie team don't have any respect.

Seems to me that years of ruling the roost have left them with a sense of entitlement.

Same thing happened with the windies, and it's not something I like to see.

On the plus side, we have pretty much hammered them in every match bar one.

Some serious rebuilding to do - it's not enough to have talented players, they also have to work as a unit.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #757: Jan 05, 2011 09:56:55 pm
      Probably as unsporting as ball tampering to win an Ashes. You know what i'm talking about.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #758: Jan 05, 2011 09:59:55 pm
      Probably as unsporting as ball tampering to win an Ashes. You know what i'm talking about.

Sweet success!

Quick Reply