Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht)

Read 19222 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Reply #23: Jan 10, 2011 11:09:15 am
      Should pull out all the stops to get him to sign a  pre-contract agreement now ready for the summer. He fits the profile perfectly. UKSV are looking long-term and want the best youngsters. In my opinion, Lukaku is just that.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #24: Jan 10, 2011 12:26:42 pm
      It's on the official website now, the transfer rumour.

A real prospect, looks a gem, scoring for fun last year, and at his age. amazing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #25: Jan 10, 2011 02:46:45 pm
      If we could tie down a deal for him it might help us lure Hazard to Anfield as well.  They would have the Belgian connection, and are very close in age.  Wishful thinking, but now that the King has returned, anything is possible ;)
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #26: Jan 10, 2011 05:06:05 pm
      One of the best 3 prospects in the world in my eyes. 20m is a bit steep, but I would not say no to this lad
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2011 05:14:07 pm
      I'd be really excited if we got him, and while 20 million is steep, I can't see him go anywhere for less than that.

Let's be honest though, would it be smart of us right now to get him? He probably isn't good enough yet to rely on as a replacement for Torres. Or even as a fulltime partner for Torres. But, he does need regular playing time to develop. Imagine Torres gets injured, and we have to fully rely on Lukaku. Doesn't give me much confidence. Ofcourse in 2-3 years he'll be amazing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2011 05:28:54 pm
      Kop are in need of Luk

Liverpool are pressing ahead with a £20 million swoop for Belgian strike sensation Romelu Lukaku - despite Roy Hodgson leaving the club.

Kop talent-hunter Damien Comolli is understood to have approached Anderlecht about the 17-year-old striker who already has eight caps for his country.

The 6ft 3 powerhouse hit 15 goals in 33 league games for Anderlecht last season despite starting on the bench for 12 of his appearances.

His performances for the Belgian club have attracted scouts from all of Europe's top clubs including both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs as well as the giants from Spain and Italy.

But it's Liverpool who are pulling out all the stops to sign him - with a £15 million initial fee the starting point rising to more than £20 million with performance-realted add-ons.

That's big money for Liverpool's new owner John Henry, head of the Fenway Sports Group, but the Anfield hierarchy recognise they have to start revamping their squad - and fast.

That's why Comolli has been busy identifying the brightest young stars in Europe and Lukaku now tops his list after Liverpool were told they have little chance of signing his international teammate Eden Hazard from Lille.

Belgian winger Hazard, 19, is wanted by Alex Ferguson as well as Jose Mourinho and sources in France say he's likely to head for United or Real Madrid rather than risk a move to a club in transition.

Another player on Liverpool's radar is Valencia's Pablo Hernandez.

Hotline revealed back in October that the Spanish midfielder was a target and the Anfield club have now enquired about his availability.

Despite David Silva's exit to Manchester City in the summer, 25-year-old Hernandez has failed to pin down a regular starting place and has admitted he will look for a move if coach Unai Emeri doesn't give him a decent run.

Tottenham have also expressed an interest in the £15 million rated star.

From the offal, but the source is The Sunday People
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2011 05:51:39 pm
      Can't say I've ever watched him properly but I'm very aware of the lad and I've only heard promising things.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Jan 11, 2011 12:52:36 pm
      Report: Liverpool Readying £20 Million Romelu Lukaku Bid, Tracking English Youngster Connor Wickham

by Nick Coman on Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:22PM    

http://www.nesn.com/2011/01/report-liverpool-readying-20-million-romelu-lukaku-bid-tracking-english-youngster-connor-wickham.html

Liverpool's new management and owner have asserted that a youth-based approach must be taken to get the club back on track.
      Action may be about to reflect these words, as Liverpool is reportedly readying a £20 million bid for one of the world's most sought-after teenagers, Anderlecht's Romelu Lukaku, according to the Sunday Mirror.
      The 6-foot-3 17-year-old has already been hailed "the new Drogba," and has been a full Belgian international since he was 16.
      Lukaku, who has scored 19 times in 45 all appearances in 2009-10, is off to a slightly better pace in 2010-11, having netted 14 times in 31 appearances.
      Just about every major club -- Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Internazionale to name a few -- has been linked to the phenom.
      Liverpool, though, appear to be doing their best to land Lukaku, with Damien Commoli having contacted the club and with the £20 million reportedly impending.
      The Belgian youngster isn't the only teen prospect on Liverpool's radar, however. In fact, he's not even the only Belgian. 19-year-old Eden Hazard was also a potential target, but his recent injury has prevented him from making a January move.
      Commoli also reportedly sent scouts to watch Ipswitch Town striker Connor Wickham, according to FootballTransferTavern.
      The 17-year-old Englishman is considered one of the nation's top young players, and Arsenal and Tottenham have also said to be interested. Former manager Roy Keane was said to have made Wickham untouchable, but now that he is no longer with the club, all bets are off.
      Wickham has been valued by some at £10 Million, but his actual price may be considerably lower. After scoring three goals in four matches last April, he has yet to find the back of the net in 16 appearances this year.
      Still, Wickham's finishing ability is undeniable, and Sir Alex Ferguson has also been tracking him.
      See Lukaku's and Wickham's highlights below.
      Lukaku:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdFfCIfUdIU

Wickham:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMjSaE5rNxM
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #31: Jan 11, 2011 12:57:38 pm
      IF it's true that Hazard's injury is the only reason he can't come to us now then we must get an agreement in place!
      I'd be delighted if the Lukaku story is true.
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Jan 11, 2011 01:00:54 pm
      We need him!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2011 02:17:48 pm
      Big call but i think it would be 20 million well spent.

Kid is going to be snapped up by another club and in ten years we can reminisce about how we couda signed him.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2011 02:26:17 pm
      It's happened all too often, us missing out on signings and regretting it later down the line! There's no doubt that this lad's got a very bright future! If it's going to be at Anfield then we need to move fast.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2011 03:25:24 pm
      Support Belgian football talents - Romelu Lukaku

Found this on Youtube. He is a big boy.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2011 03:59:21 pm
      Out of all the strikers we,ve been linked with, it would be this guy all the way for me. Hes big and strong and has great pace and skill for such a big lad and would hold the ball up great for Nando. Get him, plus N,zogbia on the left and say Santon or Jose Enrique for left back and we could be all good for the rest of the season.
      EINino9
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2011 04:21:53 pm
      It'd be good to see Lukaku upfront with Torres, he's already a good player and given his age it's obvious he will only get better.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2011 04:33:10 pm
      Romelu Lukaku ? Yes please  :mixed-smiley-009: :gt-happyup:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #39: Jan 15, 2011 02:27:54 pm
      Another exciting young forward who continues to be linked with Anfield is Anderlecht’s Belgium international Romelu Lukaku. At just 17 years old Lukaku is one of the hottest prospects in Europe and his signing would be a great signal of intent for the new owners.

Anderlecht’s general manager had this to say; “Our price will be around €30m (£25.3m). If you ask for between €20m and €30m for a footballer in Europe there are a maximum of 15 teams who can pay this amount. These 15 teams are all interested in Romelu Lukaku but it depends sometimes on what resources the team has at the time. Everybody knows Romelu and everybody wants Romelu but some teams don’t need him at the moment.”

“We have some managers who send people to inform us about the interest. It depends on the offers. We know that teams like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested in him and that they follow the player.

“There is some interest from Real Madrid but we know they are interested in every good young player.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/01/saturdays-lfc-transfer-rumours/
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #40: Jan 20, 2011 02:56:57 pm
      (srry in advance for giving any1 false hope by bumping this thread)

anyways on his facebook page (I assume its his FB page) he has posted two articles where they have discussed him moving to England

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Romelu-Lukaku-Manchester-City-Tottenham-Liverpool-Chelsea-transfer-target-stats-trivia-and-video-of-Anderlecht-striker-and-new-Didier-Drogba-scoring-for-fun-article676975.html

he also posted another article, where it talked of City being in the lead to sign him, (its in a different language)

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=GKV358BT1

anyways its clear now that hes moving to the EPL this summer so clubs like Real dont have all that much of a chance as it seems
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #41: Apr 01, 2011 12:56:44 pm
      From the Mirror

Lukaku will probably move in the summer, according to Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck. And he'll probably come to England, it says here.

"Teams like Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool are interested," van Holsbeeck told Belgian newspaper Sudpresse. But if two clubs Manchester enter the race, it might be interesting. We know that Real Madrid is interested, but I think his future would rather be in England.

"The transfer should be around £26 million."
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Apr 01, 2011 01:12:57 pm
      26m for a teen in Belgium. Big call.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #43: Apr 01, 2011 01:20:04 pm
      He has a bright future, but now for us to stump up 26m for a 18 year striker... not one of our priorities i'd say.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #44: Apr 01, 2011 01:39:20 pm
      He's too good to be benched alot though isn't he. And I'm going to be honest here, I think he'd keep Carroll out of our first 11 within 2-3 seasons. He's going to be a beast, the kid is just 17 years old and he's already stronger physically than most strikers will ever be.

Doesn't look like the body of a normal 17 year old does it, especially because he's 6 ft 3 aswell.

Not saying we should get him, it's alot of money. But he would be an asset to any team.

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #45: Apr 01, 2011 03:57:02 pm
      He is a beast of a lad for 17.26 million a lot of money.would be a good strike force with Suarez Carroll and Lukaku.

Quick Reply