Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mamadou Sakho (Paris Saint-Germain)

Read 6671 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Mamadou Sakho (Paris Saint-Germain)
      Nov 22, 2010 09:14:04 pm
      Mamadou Sakho race hots up as Liverpool mount challenge to Arsenal

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/848021-mamadou-sakho-race-hots-up-as-liverpool-mount-challenge-to-arsenal?utm_source=Metro.co.uk&utm_medium=twitter

French centre-back Mamadou Sakho looks set to spark a fierce bidding war in January, with two of the Premier League's top clubs, Arsenal and Liverpool, both tracking his availability.

Sakho has been on the radar of English scouts for several months after impressing as a teenager with Paris Saint-Germain.

But, having turned 20 recently, the powerful defender is said to be ready for the next test.

As well as the two English giants, Sakho is also said to be interesting Italian sides Juventus and AC Milan.

However, sources close to the player suggest he is most keen on moving to the Premier League, with countryman Arsene Wenger said to be leading the race.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson looks to be putting together a transfer policy early to steal a march on his rivals, with the former Fulham manager hoping to be the first in with a firm offer.

And Sakho, as a young, up-and-coming starlet with potential and a relative bargain due to his contract expiring in just over 18 months, looks to fit the bill for new-lookLiverpool targets.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Re: Mamadou Sakho (Paris Saint-Germain)
      Reply #1: Nov 22, 2010 09:20:09 pm
      If we needed a CB he would be my first choice.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2010 02:32:26 pm
      Good player but the metro is linking us to F***ing Simon Davies today.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2010 03:35:46 pm
      Was boss in FM10 for me that's all the information I need when it comes to signing a player.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2010 04:15:38 pm
      Watched a 30 minute scouting video on him on the tele one day. He's good, but i doubt whether he has the potential to become what everyone thinks. Looks to me a player that already has a game that cannot be furthered all too much.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2010 06:19:46 pm
      Defending is about reading a game and knowing where to be Crouch so can't see how a 20 year old defender playing at a high level won't improve. He already has the attributes to be a top class defender.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2010 08:33:27 pm
      Yeah, i don't think he can be developed as much as most think. That's just me though.

What i mean by that is, he already has little discrepancies in his game that history shows won't go away because that's just how he is as a player.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Mamadou Sakho (PSG)
      Reply #7: Dec 05, 2010 02:50:35 pm

Sakho has been on the radar of English scouts for several months after impressing as a teenager with Paris Saint-Germain.

But, having turned 20 recently, the powerful defender is said to be ready for the next test.

As well as the two English giants, Sakho is also said to be interesting Italian sides Juventus and AC Milan.

However, sources close to the player suggest he is most keen on moving to the Premier League, with countryman Arsene Wenger said to be leading the race.
      .Reds boss Roy Hodgson looks to be putting together a transfer policy early to steal a march on his rivals, with the former Fulham manager hoping to be the first in with a firm offer.

And Sakho, as a young, up-and-coming starlet with potential and a relative bargain due to his contract expiring in just over 18 months, looks to fit the bill for new-lookLiverpool targets.
      http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/848021-mamadou-sakho-race-hots-up-as-liverpool-mount-challenge-to-arsenal
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Dec 05, 2010 04:54:27 pm
      Topics merged.

Please use the search in future.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #9: Dec 05, 2010 05:41:28 pm
      I actually think this lad has much more potential than Ryan shawcross or gary cahill.
      piggott_mourinho
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 06, 2010 12:04:49 am
      Thought alot of in France and he could emerge a top talent soon
      Better than your shawcross', your cahills' and your unknown foreigners
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #11: Dec 06, 2010 01:56:13 pm

Which is what he would be if it wasn't for Football Manager!!
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #12: Dec 11, 2010 09:49:14 am
      Topics merged.

Please use the search in future.
      Sorry, will do mate.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Mamadou Sakho (PSG)
      Reply #13: Apr 13, 2011 11:17:42 pm
      Liverpool will turn to France's next major star Mamadou Sakho if their campaign to land Gary Cahill ends in failure.

Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish has earmarked the Bolton and England centre half as a major priority when he is given funds in the summer.

But the Reds manager is painfully aware that Wanderers are determined to hold out until the bidding reaches £20million.

And with moneybags Manchester City also in the race, Dalglish has wisely lined up a back-up, with 21-year-old Sakho his preferred choice.
      Click here to find out more!

The Paris St Germain defender has already made a massive impact in France after winning his first full cap in the recent victory over England.

Sakho is doubly attractive because he can also play left back as well as centre half, and would cost only half the fee Cahill is likely to command.

Dalglish has other targets, with Aston Villa's Ashley Young, Charlie Adam of Blackpool and Ipswich wonderboy Connor Wickham, who only turned 18 last week, on his list.

The Liverpool boss wants to concentrate on exciting young stars, after presiding over a massive improvement in the youth structure at Anfield since he returned to the club 18 months ago.

King Kenny gave teenager John Flanagan his debut against City on Monday night, and wasn't disappointed as the defender turned in an immaculate performance.

And his display was further proof of the giant strides made with young players coming through the ranks in the past 12 months.

Dalglish originally returned to the club as an ambassador with special responsibility for academy recruitment, and he has maintained that interest by promoting several kids into his first team squad.

Liverpool have seriously failed to develop young, local talent in the past decade, since Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher burst onto the scene at the end of the 1990s.

Yet this season Jay Spearing and Martin Kelly have already established themselves, along with Jonjo Shelvey and now Flanagan knocking at the door.

Other exciting young stars such as Conor Coady, Jack Robinson, Andre Wisdom, Raheem Sterling and 16 year old goalscoring sensation Adam Morgan all seem to have a big future at Anfield, and Dalglish wants to ensure that happens by continuing to identify the best young talent.

Flanagan showed enough in 90 minutes against England winger James Milner to suggest he can make the grade, and previous academy graduate Carragher believes it is a massive boost for the future of the club.

"I'm delighted for John and I think it gives the whole club a lift when you see a local lad come through - the supporters love it," he said.

"I think at the Academy it gives all of them a lift. The young lads at the Academy, it shows them it can be done.

"There's a bit of competition now between him and Kelly for the local lads. It's great for everyone really that you've got two local lads like that coming through.

"To be honest there's a few more down there so it's up to them lads to take their chance. Flanno's done that, but I'm pretty confident that there are more down there."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Liverpool-target-PSG-defender-Mamadou-Sakho-if-bid-for-Bolton-s-Gary-Cahill-fails-article723208.html#ixzz1JRqWUbYX
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2011 02:08:41 am
      Wouldn't have heard of him if it wasn't for Football Manager.

Think we'll be in the market for a CB though this summer. I'd take Cahill.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2011 10:45:12 am
      Lots of links to him today, I rate him highly would think he would make a very good signing
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2011 11:41:03 am
      Lots of links to him today, I rate him highly would think he would make a very good signing

What is his style like?
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2011 11:47:45 am
      He does show promise and thats what FSG are all about but we need EPL quality and experience to replace Carra and if that meens splashing 20 mill on Cahill then so be it. We have players who show promise, why did we buy Danny Wilson, i think he could be the next Agger (without the injurys of course) and we have Wisdom who also looks promising why do we want to splash out 10+ million on this guy for when we have alot more pressing positions to concentrate on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2011 11:48:51 am
      He can play left back as well as centre half, he is athletic strong in the tackle, quick and very determined, he is only 20 and there is talks of him being Paris St Germain captain next year if makele retires. He does need work on the ball though he would be more Carragher with pace at the moment than Agger
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2011 11:50:36 am
      He can play left back as well as centre half, he is athletic strong in the tackle, quick and very determined, he is only 20 and there is talks of him being Paris St Germain captain next year if makele retires. He does need work on the ball though he would be more Carragher with pace at the moment than Agger

Sounds good.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2011 03:53:13 pm

You've seen him play?

From my time watching Ligue 1 this season, which has been a good amount (one of my favorite leagues in the world), I think Sakho has some real work to do. His instincts are still up in the air for me but he makes up for it with the type of athlete he is. I think he could become a top defender, but I'm not sure he's as close to it as many think.

Depends on the price for me. He's a top prospect, but just that - a prospect.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2011 04:43:47 pm
      A very good prospect but i'd much prefer someone with a bit more experience to be our regular centreback such as Per Mertesacker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2011 02:18:52 am
      You've seen him play?

From my time watching Ligue 1 this season, which has been a good amount (one of my favorite leagues in the world), I think Sakho has some real work to do. His instincts are still up in the air for me but he makes up for it with the type of athlete he is. I think he could become a top defender, but I'm not sure he's as close to it as many think.

Depends on the price for me. He's a top prospect, but just that - a prospect.

Very much the same for me. Was expecting big things when i watched him from all the hype, but he's just a good defender with hype around him for some very good performances, even though they've been coupled with some not so good games.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #23: Apr 17, 2011 10:54:33 pm
      Damein comolli in the stands tonight watching PSG vs Lyon. Supposedly watching Sakho. Could be firm  interest here from LFC. PSG won 1-0 with Sakho playing very well apparently
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #24: Apr 17, 2011 11:01:50 pm
      I'm hoping they're watching Cissokho of Lyon. Quality left back!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2011 05:38:24 am
      him playing alongside a CB good with the ball (Agger or Wilson?) will form arguably one of the best CB pairings in the EPL

guy has all the physical tools to be a great CB in the EPL, very strong, good in the air, athletic, great pace for a CB, nice size too
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2011 05:36:31 pm
      L'Equipe in France are saying Arsenal scouts Gilles Grimandi and Steve Bould were watching Sakho last night and have tabled a bid for 15 million euro. So if we are interested we will have to move quickly
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: May 02, 2011 12:10:16 am
      Arsenal and Liverpool will be forced to stump up £20m for PSG defender Sakho

LinkyPoo's

Arsenal and Liverpool could be priced out of a bid for Paris Saint-Germain centre back Mamadou Sakho after a £20m price tag was put on his head.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has long monitored the France defender while Liverpool’s Damien Comolli is also a big admirer.

If Wenger fails to land the 21-year-old, he may turn to Montpellier’s Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa or Emir Spahic.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #28: May 02, 2011 03:17:06 am
      if we get someone like this guy surely a 3-5-2 would look to be implemented more frequently? i'd like the quality of agger skrtel carra sakho + kelly new lb etc to be playing football regularly
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #29: May 21, 2011 10:37:36 pm
      Did really well today when PSG went to 10 men, kept the ball out and helped get the 2-2 equalizer. Like the guy!
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 08, 2011 01:20:41 pm
      Hopefully we turn our attentions to this lad after missing out on Jones!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #31: Jun 08, 2011 01:37:40 pm
      Rory Smith has said we could turn our attentions to this guy after losing out on Jones.

This would soften the blow immensely.
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #32: Jun 08, 2011 01:40:57 pm
      Rory Smith has said we could turn our attentions to this guy after losing out on Jones.

This would soften the blow immensely.

Yeah definitely would mate! This lad fits into FSG's plans, apart from being home-grown of course!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #33: Jun 08, 2011 01:55:10 pm
      This guys is a FM beast :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Jun 08, 2011 02:02:15 pm
      Defo prefer this lad to dann
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 08, 2011 02:07:59 pm
      Really impressed by him. Has started to play regularly for France.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #36: Jun 08, 2011 03:26:57 pm
      Given my extremely limited knowledge of the French league, I'd say this kid's heading to OL.

edit: Would anyone pay more than £15m for the kid?
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2011 05:24:25 pm by vitez »
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #37: Jun 08, 2011 05:19:58 pm
      Bring him in.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #38: Jun 08, 2011 06:47:30 pm
      Sakho is better than Jones is imo and might be cheaper. Too bad we have to wait 3 weeks before we will know if he is in our plans or not. :(
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: Jun 08, 2011 06:58:58 pm
      I'm definitely not as high on this lad as all of you seem. Lacks a real football instinct and makes up for it in superior athletic abilities. He's still young and with experience could come around but I'm not sure the Premier League is right for him.

Numerous other young defenders I'd look at, especially for the price he's likely to go.

Quick Reply