Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Eden Hazard (Lille -> Chelsea)

Read 66056 times
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Eden Hazard (Lille -> Chelsea)
      Nov 24, 2010 10:29:00 am

Hazard a possible target for Hodgson

24th Nov 2010 - Transfer Gossip  Liverpool Echo

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson watched Eden Hazard fire Lille to the top of the French League on Sunday night, just weeks after Kenny Dalglish checked out the same player.

And Hodgson's latest spying mission with the Reds' French scout, Laurent Viaud, has fuelled speculation that Liverpool could be planning a January swoop for the highly rated 19-year-old.

The Belgian international has attracted interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, and could cost as much as £18 million.

However, Liverpool believe they can tempt the midfielder with the lure of regular first team football.

Kenny Dalglish watched Hazard when Lille played Levski Sofia in the Europa League recently - after the youngster first impressed Anfield coaches when the two sides met in last season's Europa League.

Liverpool's new owners have expressed reservations about the value of signings made in the mid-season transfer window.

But only last month boss Hodgson said: "We are going to be very interested in trying to improve our squad in January. There is no question about that. I am sure we will sign players."

And Hazard's age fits into the Americans' transfer strategy of buying bright up and coming youngsters.

"We have to be more efficient," said JW Henry. "When we spend a dollar it has to be wisely. We cannot afford player contracts that do not make long-term sense."

Also in action at the Stade Lille-Metropole on Sunday night was Ivory Coast international Gervinho, who has made an impressive start to the season.

When Hodgson was asked after the match if he was following Gervinho, he replied that the Ivorian was not the only good player on the field.

Hazard became the youngest goalscorer in Lille's history in 2008 and went on to make 36 appearances and score six goals, becoming the first foreign player to win the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year Award.

Spanish youngster Suso, meanwhile, has signed his first professional contract at Anfield keeping him at the club until 2013.

The 17-year-old can play up front or in midfield and featured in the pre-season friendly against Borussia Moenchangladbach.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/hazard-a-possible-target-for-hodgson
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2012 11:07:52 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Re: Eden Hazard please!!!!
      Reply #1: Nov 24, 2010 01:24:21 pm
      PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Nov 24, 2010 02:08:52 pm
      ^
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3: Nov 24, 2010 02:20:35 pm
      If the Echo are talking about him now, we can be more optimistic that this could happen.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Eden Hazard (Lille)
      Reply #4: Nov 24, 2010 03:48:51 pm
      Could mean Dani leaving though.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Nov 24, 2010 05:02:46 pm
      Give us Hazard. The kid is a unique talent. Get him in!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #6: Nov 24, 2010 07:22:30 pm
      Everyone's going on about him but I've only seen him play twice against us I think.

Not sure about £18m on him to be honest.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 24, 2010 07:52:50 pm
      sign him up!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2010 08:10:30 pm
      Everyone's going on about him but I've only seen him play twice against us I think.

Not sure about £18m on him to be honest.

Either 18m now, or 30m in a few years. Top class talent.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #9: Nov 24, 2010 11:12:34 pm
      All over Twitter that we've got him apparently.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2010 11:17:22 pm
      If only twitter was reliable. : Ready's drink just in case twitter is reliable this time
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Nov 24, 2010 11:28:31 pm
      What twitter accounts do you follow to get this information? I'm new to the twitter game, but I only joined to read news.

I would like a double if the news is true.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #12: Nov 24, 2010 11:33:20 pm
      Either 18m now, or 30m in a few years. Top class talent.

I'll trust you on this one mate!

I can only strongly back a potential signing if I've seen them play often but I haven't with Hazard. Still lots of people are mentioning him and it's nice to be linked with the likes of Hazard/Mata than Carlton Cole.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #13: Nov 25, 2010 02:35:19 am
      F***ing quality player would love it if it happened. My mate marched off to the bookies to put a 20 on him joining.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #14: Nov 25, 2010 03:09:47 am
      quality player. exactly what we need. could make the left side his own for many years. sign him. even if it cost us 18 million.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Nov 25, 2010 04:00:14 am
      I'll trust you on this one mate!

I can only strongly back a potential signing if I've seen them play often but I haven't with Hazard. Still lots of people are mentioning him and it's nice to be linked with the likes of Hazard/Mata than Carlton Cole.

Fair enough on that one mate. Hard to be positive about a player for 18m if you haven't seen him all too often. I'll admit to only watching him about 10 or so times but you can see what is there in him and he is constantly very good.

He has pace on him, but he doesn't lose any of it with the ball at his feet like Babel. He has very good movement, also. My only concern with him is that most people want a natural left winger and he isn't that. He's more of an Arshavin, to give some people a better understanding of his game. He can drift out wide, but he doesn't stay there but that's not to say he can't do damage running down the left. He can.

In the future i know he can take up a more central role. He has the game to do so and will be devastating when he does move there. He's shown glimpses of it at Lille and will kick on with it, i feel.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #16: Nov 25, 2010 04:39:07 pm
      Fair enough on that one mate. Hard to be positive about a player for 18m if you haven't seen him all too often. I'll admit to only watching him about 10 or so times but you can see what is there in him and he is constantly very good.

He has pace on him, but he doesn't lose any of it with the ball at his feet like Babel. He has very good movement, also. My only concern with him is that most people want a natural left winger and he isn't that. He's more of an Arshavin, to give some people a better understanding of his game. He can drift out wide, but he doesn't stay there but that's not to say he can't do damage running down the left. He can.

In the future I know he can take up a more central role. He has the game to do so and will be devastating when he does move there. He's shown glimpses of it at Lille and will kick on with it, I feel.

I agree, he's exactly like Arshavin for me. He isn't a great crosser of the ball, but he keeps the ball on his feet, tricky and deceptive and has a wonderful understanding of the game. He would only be a success in a team that knows how to play positive football and really attack.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Nov 25, 2010 06:05:28 pm
      Not leaving Lille in January according to his agent, laughing off reports. :(
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #18: Nov 25, 2010 09:41:17 pm
      He's another "Babel" type player but actually has a left foot just in case.  Pretty much a left winger who more often than not cuts inside onto his preferred right foot but is still capable of going around his man, he's not a natural central attacking midfielder despite what FM says, he's a natural left winger.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #19: Nov 25, 2010 11:21:37 pm
      hes too good for a hodgson buy. will never happen.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Nov 26, 2010 08:57:20 am
      Not leaving Lille in January according to his agent, laughing off reports. :(

Aye:

Sport.co.uk can exclusively reveal that Lille wonderkid Eden Hazard will not be leaving the French Ligue 1 club in the January transfer window despite reports linking the 19-year-old with a move away from the club.

The President of Lille Michel Seydoux had admitted earlier this week that the Belgian wonderkid could be sold in the near future with Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Arsenal interested in the youngster’s services.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson made a personal check on the 19-year-old as Lille stormed to top of Ligue 1 at the weekend and the Belgian international has drawn plaudits from across Europe with French icon Zinedine Zidane personally recommending the forward to Real Madrid.

Despite the constant speculation and comments from Lille President Seydoux Sport.co.uk spoke exclusively to Hazard’s chief representative John Bico who was eager to play down talk of a January exit from Lille.

Bico told Sport.co.uk:

“In January there is absolutely no way for him to leave the club. There is no chance he will be leaving. He will be staying at Lille most definitely.

“The only thing I can say regarding his future at the moment is that his main aim is to have the best season possible at Lille and that he will not leave in January, as he is at a good club.

“I won’t talk about what could happen in the summer but what I would say is there is absolutely no chance he will leave in January as he is in such fantastic form and there is no reason to look elsewhere. He is enjoying his football at the moment.”

Earlier in the week Lille President Seydoux told La Voix du Nord:

“For now, we take pleasure in watching him play, we take advantage! But you know, the sirens did not start this morning.

“On Sunday, he was incredible. He has warmed us in this cold weather.

“We will not hide: it seems obvious that there will be requests for such a talent. But the player has already understood that he works well here, and that there are people who help him reach his level. A nugget is good, but in the middle of the desert it is useless.”
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Nov 28, 2010 02:28:42 am
      A nugget is good, but in the middle of the desert it is useless.”

Rafa? Is that you? :D
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #22: Nov 28, 2010 09:05:33 am
      http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-arsenal-and-united-bids-expected-for-win

French side Lille have admitted they are bracing themselves for numerous offers for midfielder Eden Hazard in January.

The Belgian has been in sensational form for the French league leaders this season and has been linked with some of the top teams in Europe.

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson went to Lille to watch team mate Gervinho but came away from the game against Monaco impressed with Hazard, whose two assists helped his side to a 2-1 victory.

Hodgson has earmarked a left winger as one of Liverpool’s top priorities in the transfer market and, with the help of Damian Comolli, has put hazard at the top of his Anfield short list.

Arsenal have also expressed an interest in the 19-year-old and Arsene Wenger is one man that can rival Liverpool’s director of football strategy Comolli’s contacts in France.

The Gunners, though, are less likely to break the bank for Hazard while the only other team in the race, Manchester United will wait patiently until the summer.

Red Devils’ manager Sir Alex Ferguson has already ruled out bringing any players to Old Trafford in January so Liverpool will have a slight advantage in that respect.

Lille president Michel Seydoux told La Voix du Nord : “For now, we take pleasure in watching him play, we take advantage. But you know, the sirens did not start this morning. On Sunday, he was incredible. He has warmed us in this cold weather.

"We will not hide - it seems obvious that there will be requests for such a talent. But the player has already understood that he works well here, and that there are people who help him reach his level."

Asked about a potential move to England, Seydoux added: "A nugget is good, but in the middle of the desert it is useless."

Quick Reply