Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Eden Hazard (Lille -> Chelsea)

Read 66020 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Eden Hazard (Lille)
      Reply #23: Nov 28, 2010 09:29:01 am
      On that nugget quote:

The only thing deserted of our side right now is talent on the ball. Let him come to us and watch the nugget turn into a massive gem (scientifically impossible but metaphorically suitable).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #24: Nov 30, 2010 01:47:30 pm
      As if Hodgson will play a 19 year old winger.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #25: Nov 30, 2010 06:19:43 pm
      Zidane was at Lille's last game watching for Madrid.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Nov 30, 2010 06:59:36 pm
      Saw an interview with ZZ effectively warning off Liverpool. Now I really want us to sign him and rub ZZ's arrogant face in it
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #27: Nov 30, 2010 07:48:43 pm
      If they sign Hazard cause of Zidane, we should make a crazy offer for both of Zidane's sons, who are in the Real Madrid academies from what I remember >:D

Stay away ZZ you pr**k! I would hope that Hazard would see that the wings are too packed for him to ever play there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #28: Nov 30, 2010 08:01:40 pm
      If Real want him can't see how we are going to get him
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #29: Nov 30, 2010 08:42:36 pm
      If Real want him can't see how we are going to get him

He'd be smart to avoid going to Madrid.  He'd be competing with Ronaldo, Di Maria, Canales, Ozil, and Kaka for an attacking midfield spot, and since Mourinho seems to prefer playing with 2 holding mids, and 1 striker, there are only 3 spots up for grabs.  Here, he would seemingly walk right into a guaranteed starting spot as we don't have any true wingers in our team.  I hope he will recognize that he needs regular PT for him to develop into the best player he can become.... and we can give him that :)
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2010 08:46:01 pm
      I need my F***ing eyes testing could have sworn we were after Eddie Izzard ! Must admit to not having heard of Eden hazard  :-[
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2010 09:46:57 pm
      ^ Haha! Nice one frizz.

Unless they're the only club after him i don't see him signing for them. IF he has options, i feel he'll go elsewhere.
      liamlfc94
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 65 posts |
      Reply #32: Dec 01, 2010 09:23:13 am
      Hazard wants champions league football. Not being funny to the kid wouldnt make it in madrids team any day of the week.
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2010 02:45:02 am
      If I was to 'Hazard' a guess (awful, awful pun, I know!) I'd say that he'll join in Jan
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2010 06:19:56 am
      dont see why he will go to Real Madrid with the influx of players they have....rumors were stating that Canales could be on his way out due to a lack of playing time about a month ago, why would Hazard be any different
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #35: Dec 07, 2010 11:07:41 am
      IMO, don't have too much hopes to ever see him in Liverpool.

Lille being first of ligue 1 I think Hazard will just stay to (try to) have a first title on his cv, and he may even want to stay next year to play CL in a team built around him, where he is sure to play all matches.

Lille is building a new stadium that won't be finished before second half of 2011, and Eden said to french tv he can't wait to play in it ; don't look like the speech of someone leaving tomorrow. His contract end in 2014 and if they gain the money of a league title or CL qualification at least, Lille has no reason to want to sell him before '12 or 13 (of course he may ask to leave if offered a Ronaldo like salary, but I don't think we are going to). And then it will be at insane price to a team like Real most probably.
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010 03:20:38 pm by TonioLerouge »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Dec 10, 2010 03:02:58 am
      Be a coup and a half, but nothing more than a trashy tabloid story for me.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2010 12:01:33 pm
      Hazard keen on Liverpool and Arsenal
      Belgium starlet Eden Hazard has talked up the prospect of a move to Liverpool or Arsenal in the summer after apparently rejecting a move to Chelsea.

Lille winger Hazard, 19, is rated among the most promising talents in Europe and has for some time been talking up the prospect of a move to Real Madrid or Arsenal.

Zinedine Zidane has recommended the player to Madrid, but Hazard has now said he believes his first-team opportunities would be restricted at the Bernabeu and that he would prefer to continue his development at a club like Arsenal.

"I could have gone [to Chelsea] last June, but I was not ready to make that big leap," he said. "Recently, the press have been writing about interest from Liverpool, and it is nice to hear your name being mentioned everywhere, especially with the best teams in the world.

"If I do leave at the end of the season, I don't want to go somewhere I will be on the bench, and it will be difficult to break through in a team like Real, where Ronaldo and Kaka will be my competitors.

"But there are teams like Arsenal, where youngsters can grow more easily into the first team and make their mark.

"I will not leave for another French club because, with 100 matches under my belt for Lille, I don't think I have to prove my qualities for a team in the same league."

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson saw Hazard in action during a recent scouting trip in France.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/854418?cc=5739
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2010 05:58:18 pm by kenny »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Dec 17, 2010 12:32:34 pm
      A little dicky bird has told me we are seriously in for Hazard and also his Belgium team mate Defour, I've been told the deals could be done as early as January with both players completing the season at their respective clubs.

Make of that what you will, just passing on what I've been told.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #39: Dec 17, 2010 01:56:24 pm
      A little dicky bird has told me we are seriously in for Hazard and also his Belgium team mate Defour, I've been told the deals could be done as early as January with both players completing the season at their respective clubs.

Make of that what you will, just passing on what I've been told.

Would be F***ing boss!  The signing of Defour would surely spell the end of Poulsen's time here, and Hazard would be our only true wing player at the club!  It would drive me F***ing nuts having to wait until summer for them to come, but it would be worth it for these two!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Dec 17, 2010 02:15:07 pm
      The signing of Defour will also put the final coffin in the Aquilani loan deal too.

I would personally still have Alberto over Defour any day.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #41: Dec 17, 2010 03:15:51 pm
      Hazard and Defour would be pretty cool.

Roy needs to go still though.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Dec 17, 2010 04:26:20 pm
      I'd take Hazard. Just bring Alberto back if we can as Dado said.

Juve have the power in their hands though, so if he goes then Defour could be an option.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #43: Dec 17, 2010 04:29:52 pm
      I don't think Alberto wants to come back, so in that case it's not a big deal to me.

Defour and Hazard would help each other settle quicker, and they'd both become top flight players for us, quickly.

I'm drooling over the prospect of Hazard.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #44: Dec 17, 2010 06:51:22 pm
      Why do we want Defour?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #45: Dec 17, 2010 06:52:59 pm

Maybe because Comolli is trying to offload Poulsen ?, dunno I'm just relaying what I've been told. :D

Quick Reply