Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Eden Hazard (Lille -> Chelsea)

Read 66063 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Eden Hazard (Lille)
      Reply #483: Jan 29, 2012 06:29:19 am

Until he fails to hit the ground running and fails to score 20 plus goals and get a gazzillion assists, then for some the £33m outlay will be just another stick to beat Kenny with.

To me he's a £20m max player, you pay a premium for English players but you tend do alright abroad and you could get much better than Hazard for £33m.

For me I'd rather Hamsik, Granero and Texeria and you'd probably do that with a little change out of £33m.

Disagree mate, buying 3 players to solve one problem is more risky than signing a very young and gifted footballer. He would be brilliant here. Never rated Hamsik, don't see the fuss and think he would cost around £30M as it is anyway. Granero has not played much football for his age either, but yeah he would be a cheap enough option I suppose.

The good thing about Hazard though is that even if the lad didn't live up to expectations here, we could easily recoup 3/4 of that back from abroad.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #484: Jan 29, 2012 08:26:15 pm
      Just claimed in an interview on Canal+ that he is moving to a club in England during the Summer. Didn't specifically mention which one, but named all the top teams barring Liverpool as possibilities.. :roll:
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #485: May 14, 2012 08:59:35 pm
      looks like hes off to manchester
      www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7756885/Hazard-confirms-Manchester-move

dissapointing, but hopefully if he goes to city johnson may become available
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #486: May 14, 2012 10:03:49 pm
      We would be dilluded to ever think he would join us lets be honest!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #487: May 14, 2012 10:09:12 pm
      I think we had a chance of getting him last summer by doing a deal that would include Cole but we preferred Premier League proven players.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #488: May 14, 2012 10:13:53 pm
      Nooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooo

Well. ... I don't think we even had a 15% chance of signing him.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #489: May 14, 2012 10:23:36 pm
      Ah well there goes that one.

tw*t.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #490: May 14, 2012 10:29:37 pm
      Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Well. ... I don't think we even had a 15% chance of signing him.
      I think he mentioned us in an interview a year ago saying we're a possible destination for him.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #491: May 14, 2012 10:42:06 pm
      we werent going to get him...hes one of the selected targets where CL was really needed
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #492: May 14, 2012 10:56:56 pm
      we werent going to get him...hes one of the selected targets where CL was really needed

And an enormous salary if he goes to City I expect.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #493: May 14, 2012 11:05:50 pm
      I really pity some players at City ... when the new season comes, City go for new targets and they get forgotten.

If Hazard does arrive there, you'd see Milner or even Nasri fall behind the pecking order.

I remember the times where their stars were Vassell, Santa Cruz, Elano, Dunne and such, only to get replaced by the likes of Adebayor, Ireland, Robinho .. then get replaced agian and over and over.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #494: May 14, 2012 11:09:07 pm
      I really pity some players at City ... when the new season comes, City go for new targets and they get forgotten.

If Hazard does arrive there, you'd see Milner or even Nasri fall behind the pecking order.

I remember the times where their stars were Vassell, Santa Cruz, Elano, Dunne and such, only to get replaced by the likes of Adebayor, Ireland, Robinho .. then get replaced agian and over and over.

That's the thanks they get. Remember the time when Man City fans lauded over the likes of Elano and Dunne. I hope they haven't forgotten about them.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #495: May 14, 2012 11:18:30 pm

Exactly right man, so much wasted talent, endless list of expensive players. Who knows in 2-3 years we could be saying the same thing about the likes of Aguero and Silva, they're that type of club. Same with Real Madrid shipping out world class players like Robben and Sneijder.

Can't say my heart doesn't sink when players I've admired for years choose a club like City though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #496: May 14, 2012 11:38:52 pm
      He's off to City apparently, heard somewhere Ferguson said they can't compete with the financial package City are offering.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #497: May 14, 2012 11:45:40 pm
      From my mates he wants to go to Arsenal but they are refusing to match Lille's asking price. City likely.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #498: May 14, 2012 11:46:16 pm
      Exactly right man, so much wasted talent, endless list of expensive players. Who knows in 2-3 years we could be saying the same thing about the likes of Aguero and Silva, they're that type of club. Same with Real Madrid shipping out world class players like Robben and Sneijder.

Can't say my heart doesn't sink when players I've admired for years choose a club like City though.

But I guess if it happened at Liverpool .. we wouldn't be complaining XD

I actually feel sad for Richard Dunne who was one of their longest serving player and Stephen Ireland, who was a product .. they were forgotten just like that when the money came calling for stars.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #499: May 14, 2012 11:53:23 pm
      Good player, but he is one arrogant c**t.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #500: May 15, 2012 12:00:46 am
      Ah F**k him,he was sh*t at Spuds, and that f***in perm made mickey Hazard look a proper tw*t  :f_whistle:  ;D
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #501: May 15, 2012 12:01:51 am
      But I guess if it happened at Liverpool .. we wouldn't be complaining XD

Interesting statement that, definitely envious of the players they have, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with the hollow satisfaction of buying our success. I'd like to think that when/if we eventually win the league it'll be down to a certain level of process,an implemented footballing philosophy, a top class youth system etc.

It's that reason why I've probably got more respect for Manchester United than Manchester City as a club, even though I hate United more at least their success was based on a foundation.

But I digress, :D Unfortunately I'm sure Hazard will undoubtedly be a massive success at City. :roll:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #502: May 15, 2012 12:11:31 am
      Let him go to City, we'll get Johnson for cheap with the limited amount of performances hes had this season.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #503: May 15, 2012 12:12:34 am
      Interesting statement that, definitely envious of the players they have, but I'm not sure I'd be happy with the hollow satisfaction of buying our success. I'd like to think that when/if we eventually win the league it'll be down to a certain level of process,an implemented footballing philosophy, a top class youth system etc.

It's that reason why I've probably got more respect for Manchester United than Manchester City as a club, even though I hate United more at least their success was based on a foundation.

But I digress, :D Unfortunately I'm sure Hazard will undoubtedly be a massive success at City. :roll:

I'm actually all for foundation and success a la Barcelona or Man United but i feel sad to see other teams winning league titles and all that and we're on a 23 year drought!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #504: May 15, 2012 04:51:51 am
      my mate and I used to play manager mode together on FIFA 10 and manchester city were our poison, I have fond memories of buying an 18 year old 81 rated hazard and running amok with him on the wing! however it's a real shame this will be reality, I guess he will be great to watch in the premiership just hope we can contain him when he comes to anfield.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #505: May 15, 2012 10:08:53 am

Quick Reply