Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

World Cup 2018 [Russia] & 2022 [Qatar] bids

Read 12268 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: World Cup 2018 [Russia] & 2022 [Qatar] bids
      Reply #161: Dec 04, 2010 05:00:13 pm
      How are our Qatari friends going to deal with those lovely scantily clad Brazillian Ladies and our slightly pissed English supporters.Next thing you know they will want to host it in january.

You said that as a Joke didn't you.....BUT!

Qatar World Cup 2022 could be played in JANUARY!
      FIFA IS set for a head-on confrontation with Europe's big clubs as it emerged the 2022 World Cup could be played in JANUARY.

With the Qatari summer guaranteeing temperatures of 50 degrees plus in the desert, proposals are already being floated that could see the tournament moved to the winter.

While Qatar has promised 12 spectacular and air-conditioned stadia will be built, at a cost of billions, for the first World Cup in the Middle East, the problems of training facilities has brought up the prospect of a date switch.

FIFA's own technical report cited the potential danger to players if they tried to perform under the searing desert sun.
      With a 32-team tournament, the idea of the competing nations merely utilising the stadium facilities is impossible for scheduling reasons, with up to four matches being played each day and conflicting demands for the best training time slots.

But in January, temperatures "dip" to a more modest average high of 22 degrees Celsius, dropping to 12 or 13 degrees C at night, with even the prospect of some modest rainfall, which would allow training to take place outdoors.

A FIFA source said: "We have always held our tournaments in the summer months before but we must think about what is best for the players."

And a move to a winter tournament in 2022 risks all-out war from the big clubs.

While Germany does have a long winter break, the rests in Spain and Italy are much shorter, while of course the Premier League plays throughout the whole winter.

Major leagues will be outraged at being disrupted for the World Cup, especially as FIFA would be likely to impose a minimum two-week preparation period for national sides ahead of the tournament.

That could lead to huge uproar and indignation, matching that as the awards of the 2018 World Cup to Russia and the subsequent tournament to the 113th-ranked nation in world football, half the size of Wales and which has never qualified for the Finals.
      Daily Mirror
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #162: Dec 05, 2010 07:05:09 pm
      F**k THE HELL OFF FIFA! :mad:

Are they seriously just wanting to ruin the World Cup completely?!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #163: Dec 05, 2010 07:20:22 pm
      F**k THE HELL OFF FIFA! :mad:

Are they seriously just wanting to ruin the World Cup completely?!
      Think they already have mate, will give a back hander if you agree  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #164: Dec 05, 2010 08:05:06 pm
      You said that as a Joke didn't you.....BUT!

Qatar World Cup 2022 could be played in JANUARY!
      FIFA IS set for a head-on confrontation with Europe's big clubs as it emerged the 2022 World Cup could be played in JANUARY.

With the Qatari summer guaranteeing temperatures of 50 degrees plus in the desert, proposals are already being floated that could see the tournament moved to the winter.

While Qatar has promised 12 spectacular and air-conditioned stadia will be built, at a cost of billions, for the first World Cup in the Middle East, the problems of training facilities has brought up the prospect of a date switch.

FIFA's own technical report cited the potential danger to players if they tried to perform under the searing desert sun.
      With a 32-team tournament, the idea of the competing nations merely utilising the stadium facilities is impossible for scheduling reasons, with up to four matches being played each day and conflicting demands for the best training time slots.

But in January, temperatures "dip" to a more modest average high of 22 degrees Celsius, dropping to 12 or 13 degrees C at night, with even the prospect of some modest rainfall, which would allow training to take place outdoors.

A FIFA source said: "We have always held our tournaments in the summer months before but we must think about what is best for the players."

And a move to a winter tournament in 2022 risks all-out war from the big clubs.

While Germany does have a long winter break, the rests in Spain and Italy are much shorter, while of course the Premier League plays throughout the whole winter.

Major leagues will be outraged at being disrupted for the World Cup, especially as FIFA would be likely to impose a minimum two-week preparation period for national sides ahead of the tournament.

That could lead to huge uproar and indignation, matching that as the awards of the 2018 World Cup to Russia and the subsequent tournament to the 113th-ranked nation in world football, half the size of Wales and which has never qualified for the Finals.
      Daily Mirror

Then again wasn't the same said about starting the World Cup in South Africa in September, but didn't happen.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #165: Dec 05, 2010 11:35:51 pm
      There were more bribery claims in the Times this morning.

Apparently England's bid was thought to be poor because "they were the least corrupt of all the bidding nations".
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #166: Dec 06, 2010 02:05:32 am
      FIFA is an utter joke, I wish someone would try to forge a break-away organisation like Kerry Packer did with cricket in the 70s.  Even if it fails, the result will improve the management of the game.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #167: Dec 06, 2010 10:01:17 am
      FIFA choosing Qatar is the same as the FA choosing Milton Keynes as a host city!!
      I take it you've never been to MK. it's the fastest growing city in the UK. I don't live there, but have been many times. It has the west cost mainline, more dual carriageways and the M1 and M40 close by. Massive shopping complex, millions of hotels, restaurants, leisure and sports facilities and more large park areas than you can shake a stick at. plus a brand new football stadium which will be increased to approx 40,000 if we had got the world cup. They only seated half the stadium.  I wouldn't want to live there, but it's a crackin place to take the kids and keep them entertained. I live 25 miles away in Northampton and we have F**k all, and MK has everything. They even have colossal snow dome which is awesome!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #168: Dec 06, 2010 12:16:54 pm
      I take it you've never been to MK. it's the fastest growing city in the UK. I don't live there, but have been many times. It has the west cost mainline, more dual carriageways and the M1 and M40 close by. Massive shopping complex, millions of hotels, restaurants, leisure and sports facilities and more large park areas than you can shake a stick at. plus a brand new football stadium which will be increased to approx 40,000 if we had got the world cup. They only seated half the stadium.  I wouldn't want to live there, but it's a crackin place to take the kids and keep them entertained. I live 25 miles away in Northampton and we have f**k all, and MK has everything. They even have colossal snow dome which is awesome!

Point taken but MK does not have vast reserves in Oil & Gas :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #169: Dec 06, 2010 01:44:11 pm
      I take it you've never been to MK. it's the fastest growing city in the UK. I don't live there, but have been many times. It has the west cost mainline, more dual carriageways and the M1 and M40 close by. Massive shopping complex, millions of hotels, restaurants, leisure and sports facilities and more large park areas than you can shake a stick at. plus a brand new football stadium which will be increased to approx 40,000 if we had got the world cup. They only seated half the stadium.  I wouldn't want to live there, but it's a crackin place to take the kids and keep them entertained. I live 25 miles away in Northampton and we have F**k all, and MK has everything. They even have colossal snow dome which is awesome!

It's got no football heritage though, they had to get some beaut steal a club from London in Wimbledon and move it to MK which in itself is a F***ing disgrace.

And let's be serious now, it's not a city, it's a satellite town!!
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #170: Dec 06, 2010 04:10:10 pm
      Zinedine Zidane got 1 million $ from Qatar to support their bid. Then he got 10 million $ because Qatar won. Disgusting.

Overmore, the choice of Qatar 2022 is a pure madness. It will not help football to develop in this country. After WC 2022 stadiums will be destroyed and given to I-don't-know-who to do I-don't-know-what...

I have read ignorant posts/editorials on many occasions. I must tell you,your post is up there vis a vis daft/no intellectual thought etc. Read the following very carefully, Read slowly, you and I know there is no danger of you being called "brainy" by your mates. I suspect, tell me if I am incorrect, you are not a fan of Wo*s,Ni**er*, Chi**s,Pa**s etc. How dare a middle east country have the temaraity to compete, let alone win the rights to host the World Cup. Zidane, for all his efforts would have made a couple mill if Qatar didn't win. We got Becks to spearhead our bid. Becks I think is on a couple hundred mill to ply his trade in America. Does that make him evil? Nasty? Qatar will make sure that "their" World Cup is the best of the best. You know I've been reading the gripes about how unfair it is England didn't get the nod and Russia did? If it was our divine right to get the nomination, why in God's name would Russia, Spain etc even consider bidding. Why would Figo make the trek to shake hands.?Or Eusebio?
      Someone else oon this thread opined what a waste of "energy" re Air conditioning the
      stadium, what a waste of energy? I guess heating stadiums in Russia and the UK in winter is not a waste? Zidane  / Qatar played dirty but England were ok with prince william and shearer being there? How about calamity James?
      Enjoy your pints , pubs are open UK time. Einstein.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #171: Dec 06, 2010 05:24:40 pm
      I have read ignorant posts/editorials on many occasions. I must tell you,your post is up there vis a vis daft/no intellectual thought etc. Read the following very carefully, Read slowly, you and I know there is no danger of you being called "brainy" by your mates. I suspect, tell me if I am incorrect, you are not a fan of Wo*s,Ni**er*, Chi**s,Pa**s etc. How dare a middle east country have the temaraity to compete, let alone win the rights to host the World Cup. Zidane, for all his efforts would have made a couple mill if Qatar didn't win. We got Becks to spearhead our bid. Becks I think is on a couple hundred mill to ply his trade in America. Does that make him evil? Nasty? Qatar will make sure that "their" World Cup is the best of the best. You know I've been reading the gripes about how unfair it is England didn't get the nod and Russia did? If it was our divine right to get the nomination, why in God's name would Russia, Spain etc even consider bidding. Why would Figo make the trek to shake hands.?Or Eusebio?
      Someone else oon this thread opined what a waste of "energy" re Air conditioning the
      stadium, what a waste of energy? I guess heating stadiums in Russia and the UK in winter is not a waste? Zidane  / Qatar played dirty but England were ok with prince william and shearer being there? How about calamity James?

Aren't you just a ray of F***ing sunshine.

Here's an idea. Next time you wanna make a point, don't make yourself sound like such a F***ing arsehole.

Oh, and one more thing. Yes, how dare a middle eastern country with no heritage, no people, nothing - try for the World Cup. IMO it IS a disgrace that they are hosting it considering they have got sh*t all football identity, and im sure half the people who are football fans there are from other F***ing countries anyways.

And next time you wanna sound all brainy and smart and put someone else down, maybe put a bit more thought into your jumbled, full of bad grammar, post. I'm no grammar king myself, but hell - a full stop and question mark together, and then no space to the next word?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #172: Dec 06, 2010 07:52:27 pm
      stadium, what a waste of energy? I guess heating stadiums in Russia and the UK in winter is not a waste? Zidane  / Qatar played dirty but England were ok with prince william and shearer being there? How about calamity James?

That was me. And I stand by it.

But which grounds in the UK are heated? I'd love to go there, as my feet bloody freeze when I go in the winter. If you are talking about the under soil heating to keep the pitches not from freezing, then that is slightly different, as we have no option than to play our games in this country.

But FIFA did have an option.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #173: Dec 06, 2010 08:34:01 pm
      That was me. And I stand by it.

But which grounds in the UK are heated? I'd love to go there, as my feet bloody freeze when I go in the winter. If you are talking about the under soil heating to keep the pitches not from freezing, then that is slightly different, as we have no option than to play our games in this country.

But FIFA did have an option.
      Yes, I meant undersoil heating. We're just on different pages, I'm delighted that a "New Country" will get to host the world cup. Incidentally, what's your best guess re percent of posters on this thread that were "disgusted" with FIFA for awarding south Africa this years World Cup?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #174: Dec 06, 2010 08:41:31 pm
      Yes, I meant undersoil heating. We're just on different pages, I'm delighted that a "New Country" will get to host the world cup. Incidentally, what's your best guess re percent of posters on this thread that were "disgusted" with FIFA for awarding south Africa this years World Cup?
      South Africa were competing with Egypt, Libya and Tunisia, Morocco. Can't really say any of them make great hosts, at least in the way that all of those countries have their downsides and issues regarding hosting such a big event. Nevertheless, people on here had plenty of criticism about the world cup in SA, regarding security, but also on how money there could be spend on much more important things.
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #175: Dec 06, 2010 08:51:26 pm
       money there could be spend on much more important things.
      [/quote]

Understood and agree, thanks
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #176: Dec 06, 2010 10:06:00 pm

Disgusted? I would guess, as a percentage 0%. We knew it was going to an African country.

There was a "Rule" was there not? where the WC would rotate around the different Continents. Africa, and South America have had their turn. Two continents with Limited funds, SA were close to not completing the building of the stadia, and are Brazil not having problems. This Rotating system has now gone. I wonder why?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #177: Dec 06, 2010 11:33:12 pm

One last point, Neitsab is French, so I guess he wouldn't give a sh*t if England got the World Cup or not!

azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #178: Dec 07, 2010 03:13:57 am
      One last point, Neitsab is French, so I guess he wouldn't give a sh*t if England got the World Cup or not!

Who is Neitsab?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #179: Dec 07, 2010 03:42:07 am

Zinedine Zidane got 1 million $ from Qatar to support their bid. Then he got 10 million $ because Qatar won. Disgusting.

Overmore, the choice of Qatar 2022 is a pure madness. It will not help football to develop in this country. After WC 2022 stadiums will be destroyed and given to I-don't-know-who to do I-don't-know-what...

^^^^^
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #180: Dec 07, 2010 11:04:34 am
      Neitsab= Bastien?
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #181: Dec 07, 2010 11:43:20 am

:-\ I think we're on to something here, Shabs!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #182: Dec 07, 2010 12:02:16 pm
      whether anyone likes it or not Football is a game from England and Scotland it isnt meant to be played in sweltering heat and their should also be a connection with the fans.  South America have it and even N. America are getting there I dont believe Russia or Qatar are natural footballing Nations.
      Like it or not this is not a footballing decision its all about politics and money.
      Thankgod we have Liverpool to follow and dont need to wait every two years to see good football at the Eufa or Fifa championships.
      I have never been to an England match and find it difficult to get motivated to watch them on TV.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #183: Dec 07, 2010 01:26:02 pm
      whether anyone likes it or not Football is a game from England and Scotland it isnt meant to be played in sweltering heat and their should also be a connection with the fans.  South America have it and even N. America are getting there I dont believe Russia or Qatar are natural footballing Nations.
      Like it or not this is not a footballing decision its all about politics and money.
      Thankgod we have Liverpool to follow and dont need to wait every two years to see good football at the Eufa or Fifa championships.
      I have never been to an England match and find it difficult to get motivated to watch them on TV.

Sorry walton but the origin's of football can be traced back further than england and scotland and its unfair to say their is no connection with fans otherwise that do not play in the named country.

Quick Reply