Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Reto Ziegler (Sampdoria)

Read 3373 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reto Ziegler (Sampdoria)
      Nov 30, 2010 03:13:16 pm
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Reto Ziegler (Sampdoria)
      Reply #1: Nov 30, 2010 05:12:02 pm
      I wouldn't.

Can't defend, can't attack. Can only cross a ball but haven't we been down this route with Dossena? I don't rate him one bit and in fact, i'm watching right now in the replay of Milan v Sampdoria. Not young either.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Nov 30, 2010 05:15:38 pm
      sh*te, this would be a H+G type signing, not young and sh*t, proven to be sh*t at spurs. Thats why the fee is £2M
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #3: Nov 30, 2010 05:22:16 pm
      Yeah, Ziegler is sh*te!  If we are looking at LB's we should look at Vargas or Marcell Jansen (Cissokho, Lahm, Taewo, and Coentrao will be much too expensive).  I doubt either of them would be too expensive (Vargas would be more expensive than Jansen though), and both are decent defenders who can provide something additional in attack.  Jansen has pace and crossing ability, while Vargas is very skillful on the ball, and can pick a pass very well, which is something we currently don't have from Konchesky.  Aurelio offers us some of these attributes, but he is made of glass and seems to keep our physios employed on his own :(
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Nov 30, 2010 05:53:07 pm
      Was F***ing sh*te at Spurs, worried by us being continually linked to him since Hodgson came here making me think there might be something in it and did Comoli take him to Spurs
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #5: Nov 30, 2010 08:51:38 pm
      Was f**king sh*te at Spurs, worried by us being continually linked to him since Hodgson came here making me think there might be something in it and did Comoli take him to Spurs
      Think we were linked with him also when Rafa was here?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Nov 30, 2010 09:10:29 pm
      I'm hearing that sh*t about everyone there was people on here trying to say Rafa wanted to sign Poulsen. Ziegler was never coming to Liverpool when Rafa was here.
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #7: Dec 01, 2010 06:49:32 pm
      Ziegler is a good quality left back with pace who can get down the wing and supply crosses.

Konchesky is Julian Dicks.

The End.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Dec 01, 2010 09:57:59 pm
      Ziegler is a good quality left back with pace who can get down the wing and supply crosses.

Unfortunately, that's where his positives end. HE constantly loses it trying to dribble past players and is always out of position, can't tackle and is a speed hump in defence when the opposition plays quick.

He looks good in a league like Italy but i guarantee he will be sh*t if he arrives here.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Dec 02, 2010 08:38:54 am
      I'm hearing that sh*t about everyone there was people on here trying to say Rafa wanted to sign Poulsen. Ziegler was never coming to Liverpool when Rafa was here.

I don't think we can blame paper talk on Roy, we were linked to sh*te players before he arrived as well, its just papers trying to sell themselves, why let truth get in the way?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Dec 02, 2010 02:12:15 pm
      We were linked to Konchesky and Poulsen while Hodgson was here I didn't believe that either due to the shiteness of both player, but it happened. So when I see links like Ziegler and Cole I'm afraid it will happen if Hodgson has any say in transfers

Quick Reply