Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gary Cahill (Bolton)

Read 61020 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Gary Cahill (Bolton)
      Reply #23: Dec 02, 2010 08:58:33 pm
      Well I don't want us paying £25 million that was pissed all over by John Carew, average English centre half.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Dec 02, 2010 10:41:47 pm
      I was just curious to know how strongly you base your opinions on players, I'd do better ignoring them from now on as you have only seen one game and thinks it's enough for a conclusion.

Also, even those who think he is a good player do not take this £25M figure seriously, most papers say £10M instead.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Dec 04, 2010 11:01:09 pm
      He was poor today, the lad is worth no more than £7 or £8 million, what you on about as well Diego find me where I said I've only seen him in one game, like Shawcross over rated English player.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #26: Dec 05, 2010 11:32:58 am
      ;D why would we be in the market for centre backs.

Agger, Soto, Skittles , Wilson, Jamie & Ayala.

Not enough ;D?

Because Carra is getting old, Agger is on his way out and Wilson is still too young.

Centre back is one of my priorities if Agger's on his way out without a doubt.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #27: Dec 05, 2010 12:08:55 pm
      We don't need him. Keep agger. He wants to stay so let's keep him. Bolton can F**k of with there 25 million valuation. Would rather buy mata for 20. If cahill goes he'll be for 10-15 million. Bolton are fairly bad of financially.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #28: Dec 05, 2010 12:29:53 pm
      Wilson has so much potential, and as a Scot, I was able to keep tabs on the lad when he was at Rangers. He has so much potential to do well, and the only way he is going to get this experience is through game time. The physicality of the English game is far greater than that of the Scottish game, the quality of the English game is stratospheric compared to the Scottish game. Only game time in England will allow Wilson to develop the physicality he needs to reach the potential everyone expects him too. He is still rather young, but the lad has a great footballing head on him and I don't see why he shouldn't be given the chance to develop rather than just buying in new players to replace positions we don't really need covered, as people have said, with Carra, Skittles (I found this nickname hilarious ;D!), Soti, Ayala, Wilson, Agger (Who I wholeheartedly hope stays!) and Kelly if needbe. Liverpool needs young blood coming through.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #29: Jan 19, 2011 03:08:55 pm
      Thought i'd bring this one back up

SSN just reported Bolton are expected to get Wheater tomorrow
      Could be movements around Cahill
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 19, 2011 05:50:57 pm
      depending on the price I would love to have Cahill, (and look to sell off skrtel) I think hes a great player, and much better than what we have atm
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #31: Jan 19, 2011 10:45:10 pm
      He will cost between £15-£20million.

All English talent is inflated. I would nearly pay it though. Like him as a player a lot.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #32: Jan 20, 2011 12:17:27 pm
      Bolton just signed a replacement
      moh20
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #33: Jan 20, 2011 02:19:01 pm
      would love to have him imo much better than skrtel
      powergerrard
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 20, 2011 03:02:01 pm
      would ya drop Carra or Agger to accomedate him?....tough1!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #35: Jan 20, 2011 03:03:10 pm

hes easily better than Carra
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #36: Jan 20, 2011 04:20:36 pm
      Better than Carragher by a country mile..

He'd slot in nicely beside Agger and allow him to bring the ball out of defence the way only Agger does

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #37: Jan 20, 2011 05:44:48 pm
      Do agree...cahill alongside agger would be a quality longterm partnership.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #38: Jan 20, 2011 06:07:06 pm
      Depends on if the money is right for me. Could be a nice fit next to Agger.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39: Jan 20, 2011 06:09:14 pm
      Cahill with Agger alongside would be a dream. However Coyle's done a neat bit of business in Wheater going to Bolton and I can see Cahill developing a partnership with Wheater there at this moment in time.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #40: Jan 20, 2011 06:57:06 pm

I'd drop Carra without a second thought if we had Cahill.

Seems very expensive but I think he is an excellent defender and one I'd want if we moved on Skrtel and Sotis.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2011 06:53:55 am
       According to BBC Sport Cahill is on his way to Arsenal.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2011 07:06:41 am
      I think the lad is over rated anyway. 15 or 20 million for him is massively over valued. I dont think he is as good as some think and the mistakes he makes will be more highlighted at a bigger club. I know people will laugh because the season skrtel is having but there is not much between the two. They are similar defenders quick and mobile
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2011 09:21:21 am
      Would be a great signing,he is good enough for Liverpool,15-20 million is a bit much me thinks.
      powergerrard
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2011 07:11:02 pm
      Better than Carragher by a country mile..

He'd slot in nicely beside Agger and allow him to bring the ball out of defence the way only Agger does

Duno about that, I still think Carra is still the best defender at the club and has been badly missed the last few months. His organisational skills are second to none and is some man for putting his body on the line To be honest i think Cahill would find it hard to get into the side, typical English player who is hyped up to be a world beater! And why pay 20million when Martin Kelly's natural position is Center Back, why not try him in the middle like Benitez did with Carra
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #45: Jan 21, 2011 07:54:58 pm
      Duno about that, I still think Carra is still the best defender at the club and has been badly missed the last few months. His organisational skills are second to none and is some man for putting his body on the line To be honest I think Cahill would find it hard to get into the side, typical English player who is hyped up to be a world beater! And why pay 20million when Martin Kelly's natural position is Center Back, why not try him in the middle like Benitez did with Carra

There's truth in that actually. I'd love to see Kelly at CB for a couple of games in the last half of the season. Him and Agger could be a great partnership as well.

I do think we need to buy a centre back to either replace Skrtel or Carra, who's gettng old and will need replacing very soon anyway. Not sure if 15-20 million for Cahill is a fair price though. Seems another case of English clubs overpaying for English players (Darrent Bent 24 million, yeh right :D).

Quick Reply