Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gary Cahill (Bolton)

Read 61019 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Gary Cahill (Bolton)
      Reply #690: Dec 28, 2011 07:13:49 am
      if we bought him INSTEAD of enrique, then a formation with three at the back would look solid - cahill, skrtel, agger with carragher and kelly available, johnson would be playing higher up. the downside? no jose enrique.

that's just hypothetical of course, if he was in our side i would assume one of skrtel, cahill and agger would be unhappy with their game time and carra would probably be very unhappy!

as we stand right now we have a top mix. skrtel and agger are proving to be a world class partnership and carragher has only had a short amount of time on the bench thanks to the way the season began. now with a few cup games on the horizon he is sure to get some more time under his belt. wouldn't it be fantastic for him to be involved in more than one cup before he retires...!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #691: Dec 28, 2011 07:26:50 pm

Chelsea will be getting a very solid player. I hate the fact that, apart from Torres, all of their recent major buys are pretty good.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #692: Dec 28, 2011 07:32:15 pm
      Think we got a better buy in Coates to be honest.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #693: Dec 28, 2011 07:38:09 pm
      Always been a fan of Cahill and would've loved him here, Skrtel has proved he's much more to offer than I gave him credit for after last season though, so I'm happy with our starting CB for now
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #694: Dec 30, 2011 02:53:05 pm
      Gary Cahill nears Chelsea move after Bolton accept bid in region of £7m for central defender

Bolton manager Owen Coyle has confirmed the club have agreed a fee with Chelsea for central defender Gary Cahill.
      It emerged last week that talks had begun between the two Premier League sides over the sale of the England international, who is out of contract at the end of the season and has for some time been linked with a move away from the Reebok Stadium.

And it seems a deal is now imminent, with Coyle revealing that agreement over a fee - believed to be in the region of £7 million - for the 26 year-old has been reached.

"There has been a fee agreed between the clubs and we have now given Gary's representatives permission to speak to Chelsea," said Coyle, speaking ahead of Bolton's New Year's Eve home clash with Wolves.

"That is where we are with it. We obviously have a game tomorrow and I have said to Gary that he has to be focused on giving everything for Bolton Wanderers, because he knows Bolton Wanderers has been terrific for him just as much as Gary has been for us.

"That is why they have representatives - to sort that out - and whatever January 1 brings, it will bring."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8984326/Gary-Cahill-nears-Chelsea-move-after-Bolton-accept-bid-in-region-of-7m-for-central-defender.html
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Cahill going to Chelsea (confirmed)
      Reply #695: Dec 30, 2011 05:36:26 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #696: Dec 30, 2011 06:00:20 pm
      Looked far from brilliant this season, Bolton should have taken a higher offer in the summer.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #697: Dec 30, 2011 10:52:24 pm
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #698: Dec 30, 2011 11:06:25 pm
      Just seen that on twitter

Confused...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #699: Dec 30, 2011 11:10:46 pm
      EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool ready to gazump Chelsea's Cahill bid

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Exclusive-Liverpool-ready-to-gazump-Chelsea-move-for-Bolton-Gary-Cahill-article847235.html

Liverpool are trying to gazump Chelsea’s move for Gary Cahill.

The highly-rated Bolton and England defender, 26, had been expected to join the Blues after a £7milllion transfer fee was agreed this week.

But the bid was threatened by a disagreement over personal terms and Kenny Dalglish is poised to swoop.

Cahill, who is out of contract this summer, is understood to prefer staying in the north.

Kop boss Dalglish is a big admirer of the centre-back who would compete for a place with the injury-prone Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Jamie Carragher at Anfield.

It was believed that Chelsea had already wrapped up the race for Cahill’s signature.

Bolton chief Owen Coyle said yesterday: “There has been a fee agreed between the clubs and we have now given Gary’s representatives­ permission to speak to Chelsea.”

But Stamford Bridge manager Andre Villas-Boas later revealed that talks with Cahill had hit a snag, before appearing to suggest he was looking at alternatives.

Villas Boas said: “We’re still miles apart regarding agreement with the player. We’ll continue to monitor this situation, as we continue to monitor others.

“I think his technical attributes are immense and his pace is fantastic as well.

“He is a player that at international­ level has been playing well. He can add to this squad, or any squad in the Premier League.”

Cahill joined Bolton for £5m from Aston Villa in January 2008.

He made his first England start in the 1-1 friendly draw with Ghana, at Wembley, in March, and got his first Three Lions goal in September’s­ 3-0 Euro 2012 qualifying victory in Bulgaria.

If true would this paving way for a Carra exit in the summer ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #700: Dec 30, 2011 11:11:50 pm

Am I the only one who still can't bear the look of that rags name after the Suarez headline?

I'm not getting at you for this Mac but not the best source or picture to post in my opinion and I use to read it as well just for the record.

On Cahill I do rate him but don't see CB as a big priority at the minute but if the funds are there the  I would welcome another very good player to the squad.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #701: Dec 30, 2011 11:19:04 pm
      Is it worth forking out the money/wages when we currently boast possibly the best CB partnership in the league, not to mention Kelly/Coates/Carra/Wilson still waiting in the wings. Can't see it happening myself.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #702: Dec 30, 2011 11:21:05 pm
      Is it worth forking out the money/wages when we currently boast possibly the best CB partnership in the league, not to mention Kelly/Coates/Carra/Wilson still waiting in the wings. Can't see it happening myself.

I can't see it either Danny but if the money is there after strengthening where we really need it then I think it would be a very good signing.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #703: Dec 30, 2011 11:28:58 pm
      Am I the only one who still can't bear the look of that rags name after the Suarez headline?

I'm not getting at you for this Mac but not the best source or picture to post in my opinion and I use to read it as well just for the record.

Well, they haven't been banned as a source, so I suppose it is still legal to post their stories.

They have definitely lost any credibility when reporting about LFC, though.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #704: Dec 30, 2011 11:40:59 pm
      Can't see this as I don't think he would come to be sat on the bench.

Hope not to be honest.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #705: Dec 30, 2011 11:43:48 pm
      Well, they haven't been banned as a source, so I suppose it is still legal to post their stories

True but that's why I said 'in my opinion'. Quote what you like while it's in the rules but I know I will never read that paper again or use it as a source.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #706: Dec 31, 2011 12:08:24 am
      Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates.
      I think he'd get more game time at The Bridge.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Gary Cahill (Bolton)
      Reply #707: Dec 31, 2011 08:58:41 am
      EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool ready to gazump Chelsea's Cahill bid

Published 22:30 30/12/11 By Darren Lewis   (25) Recommend (13)

Liverpool are trying to gazump Chelsea’s move for Gary Cahill.

The highly-rated Bolton and England defender, 26, had been expected to join the Blues after a £7milllion transfer fee was agreed this week.

But the bid was threatened by a disagreement over personal terms and Kenny Dalglish is poised to swoop.

Cahill, who is out of contract this summer, is understood to prefer staying in the north.

Kop boss Dalglish is a big admirer of the centre-back who would compete for a place with the injury-prone Daniel Agger, Martin Skrtel and Jamie Carragher at Anfield.

It was believed that Chelsea had already wrapped up the race for Cahill’s signature.

Bolton chief Owen Coyle said yesterday: “There has been a fee agreed between the clubs and we have now given Gary’s representatives­ permission to speak to Chelsea.”

But Stamford Bridge manager Andre Villas-Boas later revealed that talks with Cahill had hit a snag, before appearing to suggest he was looking at alternatives.

Villas Boas said: “We’re still miles apart regarding agreement with the player. We’ll continue to monitor this situation, as we continue to monitor others.

“I think his technical attributes are immense and his pace is fantastic as well.

“He is a player that at international­ level has been playing well. He can add to this squad, or any squad in the Premier League.”

Cahill joined Bolton for £5m from Aston Villa in January 2008.

He made his first England start in the 1-1 friendly draw with Ghana, at Wembley, in March, and got his first Three Lions goal in September’s­ 3-0 Euro 2012 qualifying victory in Bulgaria.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Exclusive-Liverpool-ready-to-gazump-Chelsea-move-for-Bolton-Gary-Cahill-article847235.html

moh21
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #708: Dec 31, 2011 11:15:21 am
      tbh if we are getting him for cheap buy him, titles are won with squads he will improve ours.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #709: Dec 31, 2011 11:16:24 am
      we have coates and cahill must want 120k if chelsea wont even buy him

stay away, weve enough british players underperforming at a big club without adding him in the mix

Lets aim higher with all our targets
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #710: Dec 31, 2011 11:34:05 am
      No need for another defender wr have coates and martin kelly for the future
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #711: Dec 31, 2011 11:44:28 am
      wouldn't be a bad thing to have the guy. could loan coates to bolton for some first team experience? ;) ;D imagine if they did this deal with us in january!

chelsea are probably the more realistic option, if alex is as good as gone that leaves luiz, terry and ivanovic? definitely a cahill sized hole for the chavs there.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #712: Dec 31, 2011 11:50:14 am
      The lads gone backwards this season for Bolton. It's partly his fault they are down there!

Quick Reply