Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Gary Cahill (Bolton)

Read 61017 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Gary Cahill (Bolton)
      Reply #713: Dec 31, 2011 12:15:05 pm
      Probably still sign for Chelsea!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #714: Dec 31, 2011 12:29:32 pm
      Unless Carragher leaves, this just isn't happening.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #715: Dec 31, 2011 12:41:00 pm
      Mischief by his agent so chelsea up their wage offer
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #716: Dec 31, 2011 12:57:49 pm
      Are we still sourcing the mirror?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #717: Dec 31, 2011 01:00:56 pm
      Are we still sourcing the mirror?
      Shouldn't be!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #718: Dec 31, 2011 01:19:24 pm
      dont want him and we dont need him
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #719: Dec 31, 2011 01:50:00 pm
      Not as good as what we have in the middle of our defence.

Given source I doubt anything in it but if there was.... I wonder whether we see him in a DM role?
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #720: Dec 31, 2011 02:43:14 pm
      Not for me think he,s a bit overrated,and must want god knows how much in wages if chavski havnt signed him yet.Think we are quite well equipped in defence to be fair.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #721: Dec 31, 2011 04:05:40 pm
      Absolute rubbish by a sh*t rag, with the defense backed up by Carra/Coates/Kelly we aren't going to buy another one in my opinion, especially one who would want first team action when Skrtel and Agger both playing much better than him, doesn't make sense and stikes of agent stirring.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #722: Jan 01, 2012 10:47:37 am
      If it means unsettleing Skrtle and Agger,  we don't need him. Nice to have back up but he will want to be playing every week. Who would get dropped ? Nah, let the rent boys have him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #723: Jan 01, 2012 06:58:27 pm
      Who knows,maybe Carra has indicated to Kenny that he will hang up his boots come May, that would leave us short especially if 'touch wood' Agger or Skittles get injured, we would then only have Coates/Kelly/Wilson as back up,
      signing Cahill would then be quite a astute move considering if we have CL football next season, Kenny is looking at the what if's and giving a bit of thought, a full on assault on the EPL and CL we will need a larger squad than we do right now, and for £7m for a dependable experienced EPL central defender seems peanuts to me, we may be ok for now and for this season but what about the future ?

no harm in getting him in now, Bolton wont stand in his way, in fact they will bite our hands off, cos they will get F**k all for him in May, only wages will be the stumbling block possibly.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #724: Jan 01, 2012 07:02:31 pm
      Who knows,maybe Carra has indicated to Kenny that he will hang up his boots come May, that would leave us short especially if 'touch wood' Agger or Skittles get injured, we would then only have Coates/Kelly/Wilson as back up,
      signing Cahill would then be quite a astute move considering if we have CL football next season, Kenny is looking at the what if's and giving a bit of thought, a full on assault on the EPL and CL we will need a larger squad than we do right now, and for £7m for a dependable experienced EPL central defender seems peanuts to me, we may be ok for now and for this season but what about the future ?

no harm in getting him in now, Bolton wont stand in his way, in fact they will bite our hands off, cos they will get f**k all for him in May, only wages will be the stumbling block possibly.
      Will he accept being back up though? Im guessing he wants to be starting games, and if he did come he would be 4th choice CB for me.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #725: Jan 01, 2012 07:08:46 pm
      Will he accept being back up though? Im guessing he wants to be starting games, and if he did come he would be 4th choice CB for me.
      He will have the same opportunities just the same as the rest of the 25,no one is guaranteed 1st team action are they, if Kenny feels he is better than say Skrtle then we have to trust  Kenny's opinion,simples.
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #726: Jan 01, 2012 09:25:45 pm
      I think Kenny just stirs thing up to push the price up so we can move in towards our target player(s) under the radar of our rivals.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #727: Jan 02, 2012 10:44:09 am
      I read in the Express ( for what that's worth) that the chavs had offered him 50k per week and he was holding out for 85k. Not sure how reliable that is but I assume he wants the same sort of dosh showered on his would be, mercenary team mates.  I really can't see that he's anything better than what we've already got. I'm sure he won't come to warm the bench but with the chavs defence, he would walk straight in.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #728: Jan 05, 2012 12:16:39 pm
      If we're chasing an additional CB option, I'd much rather opt for one who could also provide cover for the LB or DM position (two other positions IMO we're lacking cover in).  Good player but I don't think he's versatile enough to be useful to us, would only block the development of Coates.

Quick Reply