Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Fowler agrees to sign for Cardiff

Read 20526 times
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 484 posts | 16 
      Re: Fowler agrees to sign for Cardiff
      Reply #23: Jul 28, 2007 10:45:49 am
      Im gonna pop down, mite be a bit hungover but if i get to see robbie it'll be worth it.
      It's 1-3 isn't it nic?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #24: Jul 30, 2007 10:17:55 pm
      11-3!! I'm gonna be hungover too haha don't worry! My first night out at home since Easter and probs my only night out this summer tonight.. wohooooo!
      -------

AAARGH I just wrote a whole reply then closed the tab F***ing dammit  :action-smiley-060:

Ok. I MET GOD. He was lovely. He was the last player you saw when you went around the 2nd room. He was lovely, my mum told him she also supported Leeds and he was like "Leeds and Cardiff.. that's like supporting Liverpool and Man Utd that!" and I said "tell me about it"  :D  My sister and I had a photo taken with him, which he was more than happy to do even though he was meant to go home an hour earlier:

Then I wished him luck for the season and told him the fans would love him as I shook his hand, and he winked and said 'thank you' ahhhhhhh  ;D

Here's a video of some players signing, including Fowler signing my Dad's top at the end:

And here's one of the tour of Ninian Park, going from the boot room, Dave Jones's office to the Physio room :) :

I will be scanning autographs soon so you guys can see Fowler's!!

You might be pleased to know that in the training session he looked like he was working his ass off, he was ahead of the other 5 in his group doing shuttle runs and when he wasn't doing those he was doing keepy uppys or talking with Dave Jones or shooting balls into the goal! He seems genuinely happy to be here, and he wants to do well, you can tell with stuff he's saying and how hard he's working.. he knows it will be a challenge here, he's not taking an easy route he could've done that by going to Australia (IMO) ..absolute legend!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #25: Jul 30, 2007 10:31:14 pm
      Bloody hell I've never seen Robbie so happy, what did you say to him?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Jul 30, 2007 10:43:43 pm
      And to be fair, he'd been doing it since 1pm, and this was coming up to 4pm, he was really really plesant and cheerful :) I'd just got his autograph and asked if we could have a picture done with him and he was like 'of course' !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Jul 30, 2007 11:26:53 pm
      Bloody hell I've never seen Robbie so happy, what did you say to him?

Excuse me? I hope you're talking about you've never seen Robbie so happy since he hasn't been with Liverpool.

Good pic and vids Nic. Seems like you had a good day. I hope Robbie does well for your Cardiff.
      No talk of Dave Jones on here though please. It's a Liverpool Football Club forum! I'm sure you'll understand.  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2007 03:55:03 pm
      Didn't mean to upset you kenny :(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2007 03:57:12 pm

You didn't upset him.... I did

Excuse me? I hope you're talking about you've never seen Robbie so happy since he hasn't been with Liverpool.

I've seen him happy at LFC but that grin of his...... something else
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2007 03:59:19 pm
      I think cause he was the most popular player, everyone wanted him, everyone was probably saying "welcome, good luck, you're a legend.."
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2007 04:09:06 pm

You didn't upset me mate!  :) Was just having a little joke with you  ;)

You didn't upset him.... I did

I've seen him happy at LFC but that grin of his...... something else

You didn't upset me either mate. I was sure you must have seen him happier at LFC that's all.  ;)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 31, 2007 05:36:48 pm
      Thanks for your support for Cardiff guys :)

I dunno where those pictures are, it's not Ninian, that stadium in the pics has 2 tiers :o We have some fans that are idiots I'm not gonna deny that, but most of our fans are alright really!! Just all other clubs hate us and try to fight so we retaliate..

I am soo happy, but anxious now he's not officially signed until Monday most likely, when he actually signs I will be jumping for joy :D

After he turned down Oz I knew he'd come to us not Leicester (or Port Vale) because my mate said and he always finds out things before they are meant to be out, but I ahd to keep quiet. When the rumours first started I was like 'no WAY would he come to City when he could go to Oz' but yeah the Australian league I think isn't that competitive. Then again the Championship has a really really fast pace I just hope his fitness lefel stays high and he can score. If he scores at least 10 for us I will be happy :)

WOOOO!

As long as I like the new shirt, I am getting his name on it :)

Ithort that you wub be happy that GOD has signed for cardiff, i bet he will get cardiff into the prem, hope he does it will be good for welsh football. good luck cardiff and to rob the god. from a swans fan.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jul 31, 2007 06:03:51 pm
      ^ Thank you :)

K sorry Kenny. I just know the fans here are gonna love him, I already do, although it is kinda weird seeing him in blue..
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #34: Jul 31, 2007 07:45:31 pm
      Good to see him happy - great picture Nic thanks.

He looks like he really sees it as a challenge - and maybe he has already assessed the Cardiff property market.

He's a good lad - I had really wished it worked out better for him at Anfield. He was unlucky that we didn't get many injuries to our front men otherwise he would have been in like Flynn but it wasn't to be. 

I can really see us getting Cardiff (assuming you get through the early rounds) in one of the cups - you know how 'random' the draws are... ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Aug 01, 2007 11:08:24 am
      That would be brilliant if it was Cardiff - Liverpool ;D

Here's an 'official' song for him:
      Robbie Fowlers magic
      he's got a cracking shot
      And when he signed for Cardiff
      He said I'm buying Splott.
      He bought up half the Valleys and all the Gurnos toooo
      and 40 thousand BLUEBIRDS said
      We gonna live with YOOOOOOOO
      OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      WE ALL LIVE IN A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE

Tehehehe I love it :D
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #36: Aug 01, 2007 07:47:56 pm
      I bed he does buy up houses in cardiff and makes them nicer, no offense. I am glad hes moved to Wales cus i can go and see him score with ease, And my hospital has arranged for me and a few mates with cystic frybrosis to go collecting at ninain park, and meet the players, i cannot wait. i wasn't going to do it but now that  Rob the God is there i can't wait to meet him.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #37: Aug 01, 2007 07:59:16 pm

That would be brilliant if it was Cardiff - Liverpool ;D

Here's an 'official' song for him:
      Robbie Fowlers magic
      he's got a cracking shot
      And when he signed for Cardiff
      He said I'm buying Splott.
      He bought up half the Valleys and all the Gurnos toooo
      and 40 thousand BLUEBIRDS said
      We gonna live with YOOOOOOOO
      OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE
      A ROBBIE FOWLER HOUSE

Tehehehe I love it :D

I see what you done there Nicola.  Very good :)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Aug 01, 2007 09:07:24 pm
      Oh I can see him buying loads of houses and making them up and renting them out!! That's cool, what you gonna collect, money? Just don't tell them you're a Jack you'll get kicked out :o

I didn't make up that song AJ, hehe, I'm trying to remember the words for Sat though ! :D

Does nobody understand that I MET GOD?! Why aren't you guys more jealous?! L-o-l :P
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #39: Aug 01, 2007 09:16:01 pm
      Oh I can see him buying loads of houses and making them up and renting them out!! That's cool, what you gonna collect, money? Just don't tell them you're a Jack you'll get kicked out :o

I didn't make up that song AJ, hehe, I'm trying to remember the words for Sat though ! :D

Does nobody understand that I MET GOD?! Why aren't you guys more jealous?! L-o-l :P

yea i know it's a kop song but was it when he was @ Leeds when all that started off though?

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Aug 01, 2007 09:17:47 pm
      When what started? We sang the 'magic hat' song for Peter Thorne (ahh I miss him) and this season just gone Steve Thomson (when he scored which was roughly 9 times).
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 01, 2007 09:29:17 pm

Nic i am sooooo jealous! i went down Ninian on Sunday, got there to see him train for a bit then did that interview on the pitch, was well good to see him up close! (well pretty close anyway!) didnt queue to meet him though! how long did it take?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Aug 02, 2007 10:24:08 am
      It took about 3½ hours. At first, well after about 2½ hours of queuing,  they said Fowler and Dave Jones had gone home but we could still go in to see the other players, I thought 'fine'. Then we got nearer and they said we couldn't go in at all, and everyone went mad. They must have seen about 6,000 people, there were roughly 100 left and they were saying no!? Eventually we were allowed in and I thanked every player for staying a bit longer to see us.
      I didn't see the interview on the pitch because I wanted to get my shirt and queue up for the meeting.
      What was the interview like?
      He looked fit in training didn't he, he was working really hard, I was pleased to see :D

Here is my new shirt:

And if you don't like seeing his name on a blue shirt, just remember it looks like this on the front:

;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #43: Aug 02, 2007 10:53:37 am
      When what started? We sang the 'magic hat' song for Peter Thorne (ahh I miss him) and this season just gone Steve Thomson (when he scored which was roughly 9 times).

Sorry I meant in general reference to Fowler buying houses and the local teams round that area singing bout it.

Nice shirt detail  but it still don't look right somehow on anything else but a Liverpool shirt
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #44: Aug 02, 2007 07:56:06 pm
      It took about 3½ hours. At first, well after about 2½ hours of queuing,  they said Fowler and Dave Jones had gone home but we could still go in to see the other players, I thought 'fine'. Then we got nearer and they said we couldn't go in at all, and everyone went mad. They must have seen about 6,000 people, there were roughly 100 left and they were saying no!? Eventually we were allowed in and I thanked every player for staying a bit longer to see us.
      I didn't see the interview on the pitch because I wanted to get my shirt and queue up for the meeting.
      What was the interview like?
      He looked fit in training didn't he, he was working really hard, I was pleased to see :D

Here is my new shirt:

And if you don't like seeing his name on a blue shirt, just remember it looks like this on the front:

;D

shirts well nice Nic! Interview wasnt long, he just mentioned about the people who'd turned up and then said about the support CCFC fans gave on the day he was playing for Leeds and Cardiff won, then he gave a happy birthday message to some lucky bugger. seems really down to earth and i got it all on vid!
      He was working very hard yep! :) just didnt seem real seeing him if you get what i mean? Really glad you got to mert him in the end. i should have turned up earlier!!
      Just seen the pics you posted Nic-love the pic with God, seems like a really nice guy. im only slightly jealous!  >:D ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #45: Aug 03, 2007 08:22:09 pm
      He was really really nice, inside he was prob fed up of signing and having photos done but he was more than happy to sign people's shirts, hats, leaflets, and have photos and chat with my mum about her supporting Leeds hahaha ;D But he seemed genuinely pleased that people were saying 'welcome to Cardiff' and all this to him. I hope you get to meet him one day he's a brilliant guy!!

Am I able to see that vid at all? Don't worry if not, but I had to go get my shirt and queue up so missed the interview :(

Sorry I meant in general reference to Fowler buying houses and the local teams round that area singing bout it.

Nice shirt detail  but it still don't look right somehow on anything else but a Liverpool shirt
      Ahh right maybe, I'm not sure, good chant though innit hehe :) I get to see GOD play tomorrow wohoooooo!!
      Aww.. okay :( I like it on my City shirt anyway.
      PS Sorry guys I never saw this topic in the Transfer forum: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,3295.0.html But I am over the moon that he has signed, and I do believe him that he's here to help us get to the Prem, and not to sit around and lazily earn wages that we can barely afford, hehe.

Quick Reply