Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Fowler agrees to sign for Cardiff

Read 20644 times
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Re: Fowler agrees to sign for Cardiff
      Reply #46: Aug 06, 2007 07:19:01 pm
      He was really really nice, inside he was prob fed up of signing and having photos done but he was more than happy to sign people's shirts, hats, leaflets, and have photos and chat with my mum about her supporting Leeds hahaha ;D But he seemed genuinely pleased that people were saying 'welcome to Cardiff' and all this to him. I hope you get to meet him one day he's a brilliant guy!!

Am I able to see that vid at all? Don't worry if not, but I had to go get my shirt and queue up so missed the interview :(
      Ahh right maybe, I'm not sure, good chant though innit hehe :) I get to see GOD play tomorrow wohoooooo!!
      Aww.. okay :( I like it on my City shirt anyway.
      PS Sorry guys I never saw this topic in the Transfer forum: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,3295.0.html But I am over the moon that he has signed, and I do believe him that he's here to help us get to the Prem, and not to sit around and lazily earn wages that we can barely afford, hehe.

did u enjoy the match on sat nic? hope you did! im getting a new computer cos this one is complete rubbish and i havent installed camera software onto it, but when i do i'll put my pics and the video up on here. should be next week!
      that was well nice of him to do that! legend!
      hope i get to meet/see him some day too :)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #47: Aug 06, 2007 08:41:06 pm
      Yeah, I was in the Grange End, was well fun! Match wasn't bad too, that Green is quite good.. and quite yummy. Though my bf's brother played with him when he was at Newport before we bought him! Was gutted Robbie went off I thought he would play one half, but he felt a pull and didn't wanna make it worse, so fair play to him it was only a friendly anyway!!

I missed my place of worship hehe haven't been since April! :( Can't wait for Stoke on Saturday now ;D
      comeonyoureds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 18, 2007 04:17:05 pm
      How do you uploads pics and vids onto here?? ive tried to upload my Fowler pics and vids and its not coming up. im sooo useless with computers!! :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #49: Aug 18, 2007 06:20:53 pm
      How do you uploads pics and vids onto here?? ive tried to upload my Fowler pics and vids and its not coming up. im sooo useless with computers!! :)

Read Ed's guide http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,3011.0.html
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #50: Aug 18, 2007 07:01:24 pm
      Aww JD don't be sad about Fowler being at Cardiff, at least I will be talking about him ;)

He is apparently gonna be playing upfront with Hasselbaink on Saturday at home V Coventry :o :o Never in a million years would I see those two up front for City hehe.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #51: Aug 20, 2007 09:00:01 am
      Fans brand City striker 'a disgrace'
      Aug 19 2007
      by Marc Baker, Wales On Sunday

THIS is the drunken face (sorry no picture in the link) of superstar Robbie Fowler pictured just one month after being hailed the saviour of crisis hit Cardiff City.

The striker who is short of match fitness and recovering from a thigh strain didn’t play in yesterday’s 0-2 win at QPR.

In fact he is yet to play a competitive game for the Bluebirds since signing a deal worth a reported £15k-a-week. But that didn’t stop the former Liverpool and England ace drinking the night away in a Cardiff bar until the early hours of Saturday morning.

Fowler, 32, was seen sinking beers with two fellow City players at Conti’s bar in Mill Lane at 2am.

Last night, the dad-of-four – who is worth £28m and is one of the Premiership’s greatest-ever goalscorers – was blasted a “disgrace” by three devoted Bluebirds fans who caught their hero “smashed” during his night on the tiles.

Yesterday, they handed over this mobile phone footage of the star to Wales on Sunday.

One of the fans, a 23-year-old trainee accountant from Roath, Cardiff, said he was stunned to find Fowler “drunk” at a time when he is recovering from injury and trying to improve fitness.

The Bluebirds season ticket holder said: “Two friends and I had just been for a curry in Mill Lane in the early hours of yesterday when we saw Robbie go into Conti’s

“Because we are fans, we followed him in. But when we got inside we were disappointed to see the state he was in. “To me, he was drunk. He was sitting by himself by the bar drinking.

“I thought he looked bloated. His eyes were half shut. If Robbie is injured he should be recuperating, not out on the lash.”

Fowler arrived at Cardiff City FC in a blaze of glory four weeks ago and praised fans for giving him a “passionate welcome”.

The player, who was released by Liverpool at the end of last season, has signed a two-year deal at the Championship club.

At the time, he said: “The passion in the welcome is brilliant, I couldn’t have asked for more.”

But the trainee accountant said: “Fowler is seen as a God by fans but to me, he has set a bad example by getting drunk like this. He should know better.

“Cardiff fans will be stunned to see these pictures. My mate took them as we felt we had a duty to let fans know what is going on.

“Robbie told me not to worry, saying he would bang in the goals for Cardiff City but I feel a bit cheated. If it was the end of the season then fair enough, but Fowler has not played a single game or earned his money yet.

“Robbie was partying without a care in the world.”

Another onlooker, a 23-year-old insurance worker from Cardiff, said: “I shook his hand but he appeared too hammered to notice. His eyes were glazed.”

Another customer, a 24-year-old finance worker from Cardiff, said: “I took the pictures on my mobile at 1.50am.

“Robbie is supposedly getting £15,000-a-week at Cardiff. It is a huge amount of money. To me, his behaviour was unacceptable.”

But Cardiff City defended their star signing last night saying Fowler was free to do what he wanted after being given the weekend off by manager Dave Jones.

Club spokesman Julian Jenkins said: “Robbie worked hard all week in training and Dave Jones gave him the weekend off. Robbie is free to do what he wants in his own time.”

Yesterday, Conti’s owner Giovanni Malacrino, 45, said Fowler was in his bar until the early hours.

But he defended the star’s actions, saying footballers are entitled to a night out.

He said: “Robbie did come by for a drink but players work hard and play hard. It’s part of their make-up.

“Just because he is a footballer he should not be treated differently than anyone else.

“I have seen worst states than this. I have seen players drunk and score hat-tricks the next day. Let Robbie’s feet do the talking.”

Last month, Fowler said: “Obviously I’m confident of my ability and hopefully I’ll show the Cardiff City supporters what I’m all about.”

Fowler’s agent was unavailable for comment last night.

Link
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #52: Aug 20, 2007 09:59:10 pm
      cu*ts simple as - Robbie buy there houses and kick em' out
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Aug 21, 2007 10:26:27 am
      I was just gonna come to post about this! These 'fans' are so pathetic. If they realise, Robbie has bit of a 'funny' face anyway - he probably looked 10 x drunker than he was. So what if he had a few drinks and got a bit tipsy anyway?! It doesn't bother me. He's been working his ass off so much in training he needs a night out or he'd go mad wouldn't he! I'm not worried about it. Imagine him and Hasselbaink starting on Saturday.. OH MY GOD :o :D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Re: Goodbye Agger & Alonso - 4 weeks out
      Reply #54: Sep 21, 2007 12:16:59 am
      I've heard fowler getting a bit of grief recently at cardiff, is this true nic?
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2007 10:09:17 am by JD, Reason: Post merged »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: Sep 21, 2007 05:10:24 pm
      Errrrrm he just hasn't scored yet that's all! So he's gonna get a bit of stick, some fans still think he's just here forr the money  ::) But I know he's here because he wants to play football. If he was justafter the money he would've gone to a club not in £30m debt! Against Plymouth on Saturday our whole team was awful, Hasselbaink looked like he'd never played football in his life before, but Fowler came on with about 20mins to go and had a few chances. Hasselbaink scored an equaliser against Watford on Saturday night but then they scored again to win 2-1 I haven't seen this goal yet though.

I'm sure Fowler will score for us soon, then, he won't stop  ;D  Oh, and he's not 100% match fit either, and fans think he should be fit as soon as the season starts, even though he hardly played last season and didn't do much pre-season training! So he's playing like 20-30mins in games to build up his fitness, and I think he's played a few reserve games to get match time too.. Oh yeah and on Saturday he was only declared fit to play in the morning before the game because he'd had a bad back on Friday but it was okay by Saturday.

I'm patient, he will score soon *does the ayatollah*  ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #56: Sep 21, 2007 05:21:28 pm
      Of course he will Nic. He may have problems with not being match fit, but he'll never lose his instinct.

I'm sure you'll be the first one to come to his defense if people are slagging him off.  ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Sep 21, 2007 07:42:57 pm
      Hell yeah! You've seen my shirt right?? :)

Hope he plays at least 30mins tomorrow, haven't heard anything about him not being fit. You can watch us if you like, 12.30pm ;)
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #58: Sep 22, 2007 01:16:57 pm
      Hell yeah! You've seen my shirt right?? :)

Hope he plays at least 30mins tomorrow, haven't heard anything about him not being fit. You can watch us if you like, 12.30pm ;)

Game available on Sopcast : Cardiff have just scored - 1-0. Scorer? Robbie Fowler.
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #59: Sep 22, 2007 01:50:45 pm
      Hope you do well Robbie!!!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Sep 22, 2007 03:14:01 pm
      2-2 in the end, Fowler getting both for us  :laugh:  Both from close range, headers!! :D I'm soo happy! I actually cried when he got his first!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #61: Sep 22, 2007 04:01:58 pm
      Looks like the night out did him good then eh Nic ?  ;) :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #62: Sep 22, 2007 05:00:12 pm
      Probably did - I think it helped him settle in, get used to Cardiff life and stuff. Absolute legend and he worked his ass off today, played really well for 82ish mins before he was substituted off, and did the ayatollah after scoring his 2nd, then had a joke with another of our players that it was another header hehe :laugh:
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #63: Sep 25, 2007 09:43:57 pm
      Well done Nicola and Cardiff. What a cracker of a signing. Two more goals against one of the best teams in the Championship.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #64: Sep 27, 2007 12:00:43 pm
      Yup two against West Brom away! Okay so one was a penalty but we never ever score penalties I hope he takes them all from now on!

I'm glad he's scored. I told everyone once he scored he wouldn't stop and he's proving me right!

Highlights here if you like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6F81GsOmo :D

Quick Reply