Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 17th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The Rifles

Read 1288 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      The Rifles
      Dec 01, 2010 10:00:01 pm
      One of the best and underrated bands around. Along with The Enemy, they are without doubt me fave band around nowadays. Musicians with talent who write their own stuff, play instruments and sing about things I can relate to.

No Love Lost and The Great Escape are two top quality albums. So called experts moan about them not changing their sound, the same experts who had a pop at Oasis for changing from their original sound to the Be Here Now album and more specifically the All Around The World which they got lambasted for saying it was a Beatles tribute song. You can't win.

The Rifles shouldn't change from their roots because it's F***ing quality music. And their songs don't all sound the same like some bands. They have variation in their music. They can do the proper Mod anthems as well as the softer songs while still portraying a message we can relate to.

Fave song are Local Boy and Sometimes.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Rifles
      Reply #1: Dec 02, 2010 01:20:03 am
      I heard they had lost a couple of members?

Anyway, spot on, great band and one of the best i have seen live!

Quick Reply