Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Sylvain Marveaux (Stade Rennais)

Read 59579 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Sylvain Marveaux (Stade Rennais)
      Reply #437: Jun 17, 2011 11:52:42 pm
      Sylvain Marveaux denies that he has failed the medical and expects to finalize his deal with LFC over the weekend ...

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Probleme-medical-a-Liverpool-Marveaux-dement_6346-1838542-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm
      He can expect what the F**k he wants if he's failed the medical there's nothing down for him.
      If the post was from a more credible poster it might be more acceptable but I wouldn't believe F**k all he contributed.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #438: Jun 17, 2011 11:53:52 pm
      He can expect what the f**k he wants if he's failed the medical there's nothing down for him.

Well he's saying he has not failed the medical so that's irrelevant if true.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #439: Jun 17, 2011 11:58:09 pm
      I don't accept anything he has got to say.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #440: Jun 18, 2011 12:02:38 am

same as that.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #441: Jun 18, 2011 12:42:41 am

If indeed he did say it, I'd accept it until the club said otherwise. What reason would he have to lie about failing a medical? You'd take some transfer rumours over what the player himself has to say?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #442: Jun 18, 2011 12:58:39 am

It is a contractual disagreement ...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110617_224728_marveaux-c-est-n-importe-quoi.html

We have probably tried to insert some clauses to protect ourselves ...
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #443: Jun 18, 2011 01:00:15 am
      He says that there will be more talks in the weekend
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #444: Jun 18, 2011 01:07:44 am
      He says that there will be more talks in the weekend

More talks this week end or talks about him have weakened? 

I don't know what to believe.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #445: Jun 18, 2011 01:07:49 am
      If he has failed his medical it is hardly the end of the world for Liverpool, but it must be a devastating blow for the player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #446: Jun 18, 2011 01:21:25 am
      I was referring to the actual poster who is a muppet extraordinaire.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #447: Jun 18, 2011 05:43:58 am
      Poor fella. To fail a medical Carroll, Aurelio and Aquilani passed; they mustn't have been able to find a pulse. :D

In all seriousness though, if true I hope this pushes us to sign someone better. All for building a squad but we are best avoiding players with a lack of fitness.
      Cumbria Red
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #448: Jun 18, 2011 06:37:59 am
      According to Ssn on my iPhone ( aplogies not technically minded enough to put link on iPhone) he has just signed a 5 year deal for Newcastle. Must be an easier medical on tyneside.;)
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #449: Jun 18, 2011 06:48:54 am
      saw that on a Newcastle forum that they have signed him to a 5 year deal....
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #450: Jun 18, 2011 07:06:13 am
      Will not player at Liverpool                                                                                   

Sylvain Marveaux will not play for Liverpool next season. According to information from Football.fr, the Rennes has been failed a medical on Friday. The attacking midfielder of the Red and Black, who has just learned the bad news was the cost of his groin problems. Last November, he was seriously injured against Brest in the league and has not played since. The International Hope is a free agent.

Bad news. Sylvain Marveaux, out of contract at Rennes, was involved with Liverpool on Saturday. But according to information from Football.fr, the attacking midfielder has been failed the medical examination, last step before finalizing the transfer. The reason: his groin damaged by a serious injury last November. Liverpuldiens leaders have made the decision to halt talks on Saturday in the wake of the verdict of doctors.

Everything was purchased and a salary of 60,000 euros per week (a figure quoted by The Guardian) waiting for the brother of Montpellier Joris. Author of an outstanding 2009-2010 season on the left wing of the Red and Black, Sylvain Marveaux was the target of the Reds for many months. Last March, he had already denied a report that he had engaged with the club for eighteen crowns champion of England.

Overall race since last November

It's November 20th, on the occasion of the 14th day of Ligue 1, which has contracted its international Hopes serious injury during a game against Brest. Verdict: "significant muscle damage," revealed the SRFC website three days later, an absence of four weeks was intended. Yet another blow to the player trained in Rennes. After rupture of the cruciate ligaments of the knee that had taken in 2005 of Euro U19, he had already suffered a serious groin injury with the hopes in August 2008.

Two years later, in August 2010, it still hurt. Before returning to a low level and then to complete his season prematurely in November then. "You never see again Sylvain Marveaux with the jersey of Stade Rennais, said its president Pierre Dréossi in February on the club website. He has hardly played this season and at ever expected of him. D ' Other players have taken the place and showed they were ready. I think, for example, Yacine Brahimi or Abdoul Camara. " The career of the person concerned had to restart at Liverpool. Not being put off circuit in the high-level football (his medical problem is less serious than a heart desire), it is now seeking a club willing to take the risk to sign him. http://www.football.fr/footballfr/cmc/transferts/201124/marveaux-recale-a-la-visite-medicale-a-liverpool_106239.html?coverhome-page

Translated by google. I liked him a lot, you can see my past posts but if he failed the medical test, first time there should not be a second time!!!!

I feel sorry about him :/
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #451: Jun 18, 2011 07:09:00 am
      wouldnt have minded him as the back-up to whoever we sign to play on the left for us.....unfortunately thats not going to happen, still in search of two LM/LW
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,708 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #452: Jun 18, 2011 07:13:56 am
      Rennes' Sylvain Marveaux denies Liverpool move collapsed because of failed medical                 

The injury-plagued midfielder has reiterated he is in 'good health' and has vowed to prove it after reports emerged that he did not pass a medical with the Anfield outfit

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has underlined that his transfer to Liverpool fell through because he could not agree personal terms with the Premier League side.

The former France Under-21 international appeared set to sign for Liverpool on a free transfer from Rennes to put a couple of disappointing seasons, marred by injuries, behind him, but the move collapsed on Friday.

Reports in France suggested the transfer did not go ahead as Marveaux could not pass a medical at Liverpool, but the midfielder has now declared that was not the source of the problem.

"I do not want to go into details, but if I have not signed for Liverpool, it was because there was a contractual disagreement between the involved parties, Thursday evening," he told L'Equipe.

Marveaux, who stated he was 'disgusted' to hear such reports about him, stressed he is fit to play: "Today, I can undergo a medical before you and you will see there is no problem," said the 25-year-old, who made just 10 appearances for Rennes in 2010-11.
      http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/17/2536917/rennes-sylvain-marveaux-denies-liverpool-move-collapsed

So F**k off now! He would be a good back-up but not now!!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #453: Jun 18, 2011 07:33:42 am
      Has signed for Newcastle on 5 year deal.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #454: Jun 18, 2011 07:42:14 am
      Blessing in disguise I reckon.
      The one real area we need to seriously splash the cash is on the left side of our team.
      Need to buy quality that will deliver and not take a punt on potentials or maybe players.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #455: Jun 18, 2011 07:56:01 am
      Jesus idk why ppl keep thinking the guy was going to come in and be handed the starting job....he wasnt going to be signed to be part of the first eleven ffs, seems hes off to Newcastle so on to the next possible targets

anyways be interesting to see who we sign for squad depth now, one thing Marveuax did have going for him in the few times he was healthy was that he was very versatile.....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #456: Jun 18, 2011 08:23:49 am
      Toon seal Marveaux coup

Newcastle land winger

By Graeme Bailey - Follow me on Twitter @skygraemebailey.   Last Updated: June 18, 2011 7:55am
      Newcastle United have beaten Liverpool to the signing of French midfielder Sylvain Marveaux.

The 25-year-old had appeared on course to sign for the Anfield club, on a Bosman transfer.

But now Newcastle have nipped in to poach Marveaux and offer him a five-year deal which he has accepted.

The left sided midfielder has been Tyneside to finalise the move, which will shock Liverpool who had presumed they had his signature in the bag.

Newcastle looked at Marveaux earlier in the year, but it was presumed they had given up when Liverpool made their move - but that was clearly not the case.

Marveaux is now set to become Newcastle's third signing of the summer, and he is the third French-born player to sign following on from Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba.

He will officially join Newcastle on July 1st.

Delight

"It's a great coup to have signed Sylvain, who has received interest from a number of other clubs," said Toon chief Alan Pardew.

"He may not be well known to many of our fans but he is a real talent and a player we have been keeping an eye on for some time.

"It's been a good couple of days for us on the transfer front."

Reports emerged on Friday that Marveaux had failed his medical at Anfield, but he confirmed this was not the case.

"I do not want to go into details, but if I did not sign in Liverpool, because there was a contractual disagreement between the parties Thursday night," he confirmed to L'Equipe.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6994869,00.html

F**k him...... he was crap anyway :)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #457: Jun 18, 2011 08:26:48 am
      that is incredibly absurd.

we'll move on.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #458: Jun 18, 2011 08:29:23 am
      Was really suprised when I woke up and saw this on ssn, had heard good reports about him, can see him having a great, injury free season for Newcastle now.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #459: Jun 18, 2011 08:30:05 am
      Lets hope this doesn't come back and bite us in the arse.

As said above, hopefully its a blessing in disguise.

Quick Reply