Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Steaua Bucharest 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Constipation

Read 44936 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Steaua Bucharest 1-1 Liverpool - Post match constipation
      Reply #552: Dec 02, 2010 10:29:24 pm
      Jova's celebration!I read it like he was saying he loves LFC and is NOT going anywhere.

Just seen it. Whats he like? Only been here a matter of months.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #553: Dec 02, 2010 10:30:59 pm
      Did I? Didnt think I did. Been reading the match thread for the whole game. I can only go by what I read. Will give a better opinion tonight, but most posters on here make informed posts everyday so I trust them not to be knee jerking in the match thread. What is this bandwagon I'm supposedly jumping on

Naive, like I said above the same negative posters are negative no matter who is playing or in charge.

I have of late been quiet and decided to read manta match day threads from last year. The last year the Same Roy bashers are holding up Rafa as a saviour.....

Guess what they are f**king negative then as well and they have th f**king nerve to call me a WUM ffs ...........

Scouse and proud
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #554: Dec 02, 2010 10:44:13 pm
      I wasnt negative last year. I was a fan of Rafa and often defended him at my cost last year. I will give Roy credit in I'm glad to see so many youngsters getting matches in Europe. Do I ultimately believe he is the right man for the club. No. As for of being naive. . . Like I said I have read the posts from the users for over a year and most can make level educated judgements, so I doubt very much I am being naive
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #555: Dec 02, 2010 10:46:33 pm
      Not too many shining lights tonight.Kelly & Sotis stood out.Which is not what I was hoping to be writing about tbh.
      Still some of the young lads got some valuable experience.
      Sorry for Pepe,but what was Poulshite doing (he just seem to have frozen)and did'nt even try to defend that header.
      Danny Wilson will probably want to forget his own performance.He's better than that and I hope he gets another shot with our first team.
      Dani Pacheco is a dangerous player,playing in the hole.So not too surprised he was average asked to play righr wing.
      Jonjo done alright.Not many mistakes tbh,but I thought he should have put more of his stamp on the game (played a bit too safe ).
      Away from the young'ns.Fabio showed tonight that its a NO BRAINER (him or Konchesky).
      Joe Cole ( I'm a big fan )was poor at best.did'nt like his reaction when subbed.Think it Joe,but don't mouth it infront of the cameras.
      Finally well done Roy (qualifying with a game to spare)Young'ns at Anfield v Utrecht please.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #556: Dec 02, 2010 10:47:35 pm
      I wasnt negative last year. I was a fan of Rafa and often defended him at my cost last year. I will give Roy credit in I'm glad to see so many youngsters getting matches in Europe. Do I ultimately believe he is the right man for the club. No. As for of being naive. . . Like I said I have read the posts from the users for over a year and most can make level educated judgements, so I doubt very much I am being naive

Sorry racer my rant wasn't directed at you. Never had a problem with your post as (although a tad neg hehe) you back them up with facts and are the first to quote positives also.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #557: Dec 02, 2010 10:49:54 pm
      Just seen it. Whats he like? Only been here a matter of months.
      Know wot yer mean,but the consensus is that he'll be sold off in Jan.Not good enough imo.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #558: Dec 02, 2010 10:50:12 pm
      JoEy (dam spell check) you play gerrad or cole on the wing you expect a performance. People on here slagging Roy off for not playing Danni. If he can't at least have some sort of a performance playing a sh*t team like stuea. Why does he demand a first team call up   
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #559: Dec 02, 2010 10:51:27 pm
      Mods can we have a MOTM poll btw?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #560: Dec 02, 2010 10:53:23 pm
      First off, I agree with most people that it was a pretty woeful performance.

But I guess Il upset the apple cart here abit. With the team selected, did anyone actually expect us to go out there and get 3 points? We played away in Europe, against a robust team with half a squad of basically kids and came away with a point, that for me is not something to get worked up about. I agree Roys tactics (or lack of them) are often baffling, but the amount of critcism on here is pretty intense.

Even now, knowing how we performed, I would of still gone with that team Roy picked before the game, simply because 4 of our youngsters got a chance and gained valuable experience in a competative, hostile atmosphere, something nearly every person on this forum as been screaming for. Did anyone honestly expect the team to come out and play a blinder?

This is in no way me giving Roy my backing, but Il actually give him plaudits tonight for coming out, risking it and giving the young lads a chance, maybe they didn't set the pitch alight but at least they got some game time. Not the greatest performance, but as I said, we just came away with a point against a decent side away in Europe with a squad filled with kids, not something to burst a blood vessel over.

Bring on Villa.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #561: Dec 02, 2010 10:56:53 pm
      First off, I agree with most people that it was a pretty woeful performance.

But I guess Il upset the apple cart here abit. With the team selected, did anyone actually expect us to go out there and get 3 points? We played away in Europe, against a robust team with half a squad of basically kids and came away with a point, that for me is not something to get worked up about. I agree Roys tactics (or lack of them) are often baffling, but the amount of critcism on here is pretty intense.

Even now, knowing how we performed, I would of still gone with that team Roy picked before the game, simply because 4 of our youngsters got a chance and gained valuable experience in a competative, hostile atmosphere, something nearly every person on this forum as been screaming for. Did anyone honestly expect the team to come out and play a blinder?

This is in no way me giving Roy my backing, but Il actually give him plaudits tonight for coming out, risking it and giving the young lads a chance, maybe they didn't set the pitch alight but at least they got some game time. Not the greatest performance, but as I said, we just came away with a point against a decent side away in Europe with a squad filled with kids, not something to burst a blood vessel over.

Bring on Villa.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the lineup (although no Poulsen would have been nice but it's understandable given our CM injuries), but the way they were set out to play was awful. No pressure, just sitting back waiting for the ball. Too much isolation. Not a good performance, but while I count on the players to perform, sometimes you gotta listen to the gaffer if you want to keep your place, and in that I get disappointed since we are always playing negatively.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #562: Dec 02, 2010 11:06:46 pm
      Dont expect anything less from Pepe really, lots of keepers would try and make up an excuse and not take the blame but Pepe knows he messed up and is holding his hands up to it. Respect for Pepe has gone up even more if im honest.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #563: Dec 02, 2010 11:09:32 pm
      Did I? Didnt think I did. Been reading the match thread for the whole game. I can only go by what I read. Will give a better opinion tonight, but most posters on here make informed posts everyday so I trust them not to be knee jerking in the match thread. What is this bandwagon I'm supposedly jumping on
      Understood Racer lad.Just get so worked up reading ANY thread yer like its Roy Roy Roy.Same old same old.Finding it so depressing.
      I live in the south and Reds supporters I chat with all say its early days for Roy.
      That said!I feel there's the equivelant of brainwashing going on on here at times with the younger members just jumpin on the "banwagon".
      Come on Roy,only you can shut "them" up. 
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #564: Dec 02, 2010 11:13:11 pm
      I don't think anyone has a problem with the lineup (although no Poulsen would have been nice but it's understandable given our CM injuries), but the way they were set out to play was awful. No pressure, just sitting back waiting for the ball. Too much isolation. Not a good performance, but while I count on the players to perform, sometimes you gotta listen to the gaffer if you want to keep your place, and in that I get disappointed since we are always playing negatively.
      Like I said Im definetly not a supporter of Roy, far from it, but I just can't believe this man tells the lads to just go out, sit back and not pressure the ball, surely hes not that negative? I agree with you that we played extremly negative, but personally I thought it looked like a pretty attacking lineup when I first saw the team. Maybe just me again, but in my opinion the positivty on the pitch has to be dictated  by the players on the pitch. Personally, thats the reason Im not too dissapointed, simply because half of the squad were kids, I didn't expect them to go out and attack none stop, taking them game to Steua.

Anyway, bad performance aside, I guess were through :P
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #565: Dec 02, 2010 11:19:17 pm
      Like I said Im definetly not a supporter of Roy, far from it, but I just can't believe this man tells the lads to just go out, sit back and not pressure the ball, surely hes not that negative? I agree with you that we played extremly negative, but personally I thought it looked like a pretty attacking lineup when I first saw the team. Maybe just me again, but in my opinion the positivty on the pitch has to be dictated  by the players on the pitch. Personally, thats the reason Im not too dissapointed, simply because half of the squad were kids, I didn't expect them to go out and attack none stop, taking them game to Steua.

Anyway, bad performance aside, I guess were through :P

Yup, that is the positive, we are through :) I'm glad Woy is giving the youngsters a chance and I'm surprised that he set the lineup out he did, I just can't believe it is in all of these players' natures to play that far back, especially Shelvey. We only had 1 shot on goal I think (correct me if I'm wrong, I missed the first 40 or so minutes).

On to the next, and I look forward to a similarly youthful lineup in our last Europa group match at Anfield, where I'm sure some debutants will be pumped.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #566: Dec 02, 2010 11:19:38 pm
      JoEy (dam spell check) you play gerrad or cole on the wing you expect a performance. People on here slagging Roy off for not playing Danni. If he can't at least have some sort of a performance playing a sh*t team like stuea. Why does he demand a first team call up   
      Look Gazza.I know and appreciate wot your saying.Re SG & JC.But they are seasoned players.
      I've watched (as you probably have)Dani play on the wing for the ressies,and he's "done alright"
      But moved into a central role,dictating the play/defence splitting passes he is truly gifted.
      I do agree he has to beef up a bit (got knocked about tonight).
      Dani's biggest problem is imo he has too much competition in his chosen role to get the chance to shine.And for that reason I fear he'll move on given the chance.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #567: Dec 02, 2010 11:25:07 pm
      No worries Joey. I would also agree that Dani is more effective in a central role. Its obvious even at reserve level. Problem is Gerrard and Cole ahead of him. We are seriously lacking wingers. Dani is not the answer I feel. His talents are wasted out wide. He needs a central role
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #568: Dec 03, 2010 12:24:12 am
      Fairplay to Ryan and Milan for the goal. Great celebration. Hope we keep him. Not a winger though. Quite a few with short sleeves on. Milan, Cole, JJ, Soto. Hard as nails :)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #569: Dec 03, 2010 02:39:25 am
      Fairplay to Ryan and Milan for the goal. Great celebration. Hope we keep him. Not a winger though. Quite a few with short sleeves on. Milan, Cole, JJ, Soto. Hard as nails :)
      Not hard. just not soft like a few tools in the Premiership who think they are playing in the North Pole :)
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #570: Dec 03, 2010 07:32:46 am
      Didnt  see the match havent got ESPN, this was all about the result not the performance, no one is going to go to Bucharest to entertain. Maybe we should remember we have won the group after five games, with what has been in essence a B team for most of the group stages. I'm far from Hodgson's biggest fan, but some of the crap spouted on this forum against him really does take the mick
      skylantern
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #571: Dec 03, 2010 07:53:31 am
      Not so sure
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #572: Dec 03, 2010 08:37:21 am
      I've played my whole life, including 4 years in college, and using the excuse that its not his favored position is F***ing weak. 

. ...although it's not really "F***ing weak", is it? Given that you. ...

I will concede that certain players have certain skill sets that allow them to be more effective in certain roles

Wait. There's more. ...

. ...there is no reason why Dani shouldn't be able to do a job on the wing. 

Really? No reason, eh? Then why would he need time to (in your own words). ...

...and there is time for him to learn how to play in this position

Finally. ....

tonight's display did not live up to all the hype that has surrounded him since his wonderful performances with Spain over the summer.

. ...just throwing this out there like BUT could that be (and I know this may sound ludicrous). ... BUT could that be because Dani hasn't got much playing time and when he has . ... he has been played out of F***ing POSITION!?  :-\

With a great big sigh,I have to agree with yer mate.Top post.

I can only assume you didn't actually read Harry's post Joey.   >:D
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #573: Dec 03, 2010 09:06:32 am
      And on their goal, nice to see Poulsen standing around doing f**k all again.

Here's a tip shift yer arse and try you know putting the fella off who's heading the ball.

Watching him do the job Mascherano used to do is f**king painful!

Mascherano. Left Liverpool FC's Starting 11 for the obscure bench warming exercise of Barcelona. Sold for cheap's cheap by the management. Still a disgusting deal. No need mentioning his name.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #574: Dec 03, 2010 09:37:42 am
      That's some quality copy and pasting bbb

Quick Reply