Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Steaua Bucharest 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Constipation

Read 45283 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: LIVE: Steaua v Liverpool
      Reply #506: Dec 02, 2010 08:09:06 pm
      He is not a winger though. If we were looking for wide men then Ince or Amoo could have been used left or right respectively. Dani should be in the hole where he can influence link up play. Stick him on the free kicks and corners too, which I think he did tonight but I will watch it later
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,723 posts | 7164 
      Reply #507: Dec 02, 2010 08:10:15 pm
      couldnt watch it ended up with Emerdale which is just one up from slashing my wrists.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,330 posts | 773 
      Reply #508: Dec 02, 2010 08:11:27 pm
      Very poor second half although lost the streaming, unusual mistake by Pepe.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #509: Dec 02, 2010 08:12:30 pm
      Have to drink myself unconscious to do that. >:D
      Good point!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #510: Dec 02, 2010 08:12:44 pm
      Dire dire dire. When was the last time we won the midfield battle (West Ham game aside)? We have made some of the most average midfields in European football look classy. Blackpool, Stoke, STEAUAUAUAUAUAUA Bucharest? Unbelievable.

You can blame some of it on the players. I think if it were up to Shelvey though he would have been forward. For christ sake it looked like we had two extra centerbacks at one point. It's the tactics. We are sitting so deep it is unbelievable. Everyone is isolated. Babel had to drop too deep to get the ball, Pacheco should have been through the middle. I thought he played a decent second half but he was starved for the ball!!!!

Dire performance all around. This just isn't Liverpool standard. Up next: Stephen Ireland and Ashley Young looking like Xavi and Andres Iniesta :(
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Steaua Bucharest 1-1 Liverpool - Post match constipation
      Reply #511: Dec 02, 2010 08:15:40 pm
      Our standards are dropping. First of all, we have a crap manager in charge who is clueless about everything.

How motivating can it be when Torres wakes up in the morning knowing his manager is Roy Hodgson and we're going to play hoof ball on match day?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #512: Dec 02, 2010 08:18:34 pm
      Reina        5- he was solid throughout but that goal he let in was shocking even if he did see it late.

Kelly         5- didnt offer much going forward but you can guarantee Roy told him not to pass half-way.
      Krygiakos   7- wins lots of headers and almost scored soon after the equaliser.
      Wilson       5- looked very dodgy at times and seemed to be carrying a knock.
      Aurelio      7- solid and looks so much more assured than Konchesky. has to start on Monday.

Pacheco     5- offered little, needs to bulk up but out of position. if Roy is going to play him, whats the point out wide.
      Poulsen      6- his usual simple passes but in fairness was solid enough. nothing special really.
      Shelvey      6- was okay. put in a shift. couldnt really do much more. it was that type of game.
      Jovanovic   7- started the move for the goal and finished it. nice celebration aswel.

J.Cole        4- looked very rusty and didnt get on ball enough. flustered away a very good chance to extend our lead.
      Babel        6- good coss for the goal but I still dont rate him and he has to be sold soon.

N'Gog/Eccleston/Lucas  N/A- not on long enough to influence the game.           
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #513: Dec 02, 2010 08:20:52 pm
      Aurelio, Kelly & Babel turned up, no-one else really. very, very boring game, apart from Jova's celebrationĀ¬
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #514: Dec 02, 2010 08:21:01 pm
      He is not a winger though. If we were looking for wide men then Ince or Amoo could have been used left or right respectively. Dani should be in the hole where he can influence link up play. Stick him on the free kicks and corners too, which I think he did tonight but I will watch it later

Joe Cole is not a winger.... Maxi is not a winger.... Kelly wasn't a right back (was a CB)..... but we expect them to do the job when they are selected.  I've played my whole life, including 4 years in college, and using the excuse that its not his favored position is F***ing weak.  I would expect Torres to play well if he was stuck on the wing.  I would expect Gerrard to do a good job if he had to play left back.  I will concede that certain players have certain skill sets that allow them to be more effective in certain roles, but there is no reason why Dani shouldn't be able to do a job on the wing.  He is still young and there is time for him to learn how to play in this position, but tonight's display did not live up to all the hype that has surrounded him since his wonderful performances with Spain over the summer.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #515: Dec 02, 2010 08:24:40 pm
      couldnt watch it ended up with Emerdale which is just one up from slashing my wrists.

Sorry Waltonl4 but you Chose to watch a soap rather than the team you profess to love ! there's something seriously wrong with your loyalties !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #516: Dec 02, 2010 08:29:36 pm
      Very unLFC performance to be fair. Players there on a sh*t load of money and a manager at the helm of a club that is simply too big for him.

Qualification though. Could have been a whole lot more embarrassing I suppose.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #517: Dec 02, 2010 08:30:05 pm
      Sorry Waltonl4 but you Chose to watch a soap rather than the team you profess to love ! there's something seriously wrong with your loyalties !

Anyone bothered asking if the lad has ESPN?

Who cares anyway, draw needed to qualify and Roy would get us that draw, not like he missed much, is it?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #518: Dec 02, 2010 08:33:57 pm
      If he couldn't watch it 'cause he Didn't have ESPN then I'll apologise on here but I get the impression he turned over !

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #519: Dec 02, 2010 08:35:57 pm
      If he couldn't watch it 'cause he Didn't have ESPN then I'll apologise on here but I get the impression he turned over !

it was awful to watch tho. Not a single bit of passion, desire, urgency. It looked liked the players were happy with the draw and couldn't wait to leave the field. It was a sad sight to see and I'm sure they were instructed to play for the win too
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #520: Dec 02, 2010 08:36:22 pm
      Poor second half. I didn't see the 1st half.

Seemed to just settle for a draw once they equalised, really bad mistake by Pepe but i don't really blame him for things like that because there such a rare event.

Defence seemed the most shaky it's looked for a while. Not sure about Wilson, but i suppose we need to see him in the starting team to rate him.

Nobody stood out as being the best player really, just happy to be through to the next round.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #521: Dec 02, 2010 08:38:18 pm
      Wow Harry you played football so you must know more than me. Like you said though, certain players have attributes that mean they suit certain positions more than others. . .  Anyway positives for me were a lot of youngsters getting playing time tonight. Really think Kelly will be a star for us. Hopefully a fit Aurelio will bring some much needed quality back into that position. Oh and were qualified by default of the other top teams drawing tonight. :) Default! Default!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #522: Dec 02, 2010 08:41:04 pm
      it was awful to watch tho. Not a single bit of passion, desire, urgency. It looked liked the players were happy with the draw and couldn't wait to leave the field. It was a sad sight to see and I'm sure they were instructed to play for the win too

BUT you DID watch it yes ?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #523: Dec 02, 2010 08:44:19 pm
      I swear Woy thinks they're still European Champions.  That was back in 1985, 25 years have passed since then.
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #524: Dec 02, 2010 08:46:53 pm
      Anyone bothered asking if the lad has ESPN?

Who cares anyway, draw needed to qualify and Roy would get us that draw, not like he missed much, is it?

He definately didnt miss much,  wish I had switched to Emmerdale,  probably more exciting than what we just watched!   :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #525: Dec 02, 2010 08:47:40 pm
      Cant wait til midnight so I can watch this on LFCtv :(

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #526: Dec 02, 2010 08:48:50 pm

haha of course, took time out from studyin for exams. I really need to study more
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Reply #527: Dec 02, 2010 08:51:37 pm
      Watching us play these days  is deffo a cure for insomnia........puts me to sleep anyway!  Thanks Roy   :f_whistle:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #528: Dec 02, 2010 08:54:34 pm
      I've never seen a Liverpool side play such poor football over a prolonged period of time and I'm including the Souness years here.

Quick Reply