Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)

Read 17868 times
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Re: Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)
      Reply #92: Jan 05, 2011 12:33:16 pm
      But when they have told you you can leave you can leave if the price is right the price is right .....City know that as well as anyone!

Agreed mate, it's just you dont see it very often unless it's a swap, but strange things do happen in football. I would prefer someone like Corbally mentioned such as Dzeko or someone cut from the same clothe.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #93: Jan 05, 2011 01:58:00 pm
      Fair points- Unfortunately professional football is completely different to your job as well as mine, comparing apples with pears there mate. They are celebraties/idols/heros etc etc to the fans, I dont think we are that to our colleagues/boss.

To your second point, yes the fans weren't good to him, but you dont run 100yds on a football pitch to celebrate infront of them on world television- thats fu**ed up.

Ronaldo and Drogba,  yes I would have them in my team, you hear and see them scoring and winning games, he's gone to Citeh and hasn't exactly taken the world by storm, I'm sorry but there are other better strikers out there for the price we will have to pay and  half the trouble!

Not sure I agree. So what if he ran towards arsenal fans and goaded them a bit when he scored?? They were happy to abuse him but weren't mature enough to accept it when he scored against them and rammed their comments back down their throat. Tough sh*t - Good man!

And as for anything else regarding his so called attitude, you need to take it all with a pinch of salt. If he produces the goods and helps get us back into a respectable position then we should be seriously looking at him, regardless of whatever personality you claim to think he has.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #94: Jan 05, 2011 02:20:38 pm
      Not sure I agree. So what if he ran towards arsenal fans and goaded them a bit when he scored?? They were happy to abuse him but weren't mature enough to accept it when he scored against them and rammed their comments back down their throat. Tough sh*t - Good man!

And as for anything else regarding his so called attitude, you need to take it all with a pinch of salt. If he produces the goods and helps get us back into a respectable position then we should be seriously looking at him, regardless of whatever personality you claim to think he has.
      Like I said a couple of point up, not bothered about the lads personality, his attitude stinks and it could affect the team. More to the point, there are plently of strikers across europe I would take over him, he's good dont get me wrong, but there is better out there for the price.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #95: Jan 05, 2011 02:33:24 pm
      but there is better out there for the price.

What is his price?

And Dzeko is having his medical at city today
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #96: Jan 05, 2011 02:42:19 pm
      What is his price?

And Dzeko is having his medical at city today

Look mate, no need to have a dig, I'm not an agent I can only guess a price, of which would be around 15-18million. Which is a lot for a player that might move on again in a season or 2.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #97: Jan 05, 2011 02:46:25 pm
      Look mate, no need to have a dig, I'm not an agent I can only guess a price, of which would be around 15-18million. Which is a lot for a player that might move on again in a season or 2.

Im not having a dig and if you think thats alot for a player who MIGHT move on in a couple of seasons id love to know what you think about Aquillani ?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #98: Jan 05, 2011 02:50:37 pm
      whos going to winge about his attitude if he bangs the winner against city at the Kop end and runs the full length of the pitch to the City fans kissing the badge...?

Not F***ing me!!!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #99: Jan 05, 2011 03:04:09 pm
      I'm not worried, I wouldn't pay anywhere near £25m for Adebayor.  Plus we know this press speculation is bullshit anyway.

I'll judge NESV on the evidence available next September the 1st.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #100: Jan 05, 2011 05:11:45 pm
      He's 6/5 with skybet to join liverpool
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #101: Jan 05, 2011 05:13:14 pm
      He's 6/5 with skybet to join liverpool
      I hate the lad and wouldnt want him.

But if he became available for a decent price. £10million or so.

It would be hard not to sign him.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #102: Jan 05, 2011 06:40:06 pm
      I'd take him on loan, to see if he can actually pretend to be a footballer,
      If not, no loss no foul, ship him back.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #103: Jan 05, 2011 06:45:33 pm
      Extremely bad attitude and big ego. Not a fan of the lad but then he is light years ahead of Carlton Cole.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #104: Jan 05, 2011 07:28:57 pm
      I know Citeh pay well over the odds for any player now because clubs take advantage of their fortune but still, they forked out a lot to get Adebayor from Arsenal. They wanted him for a reason and I personally feel that the only reason he failed to make an impact at Citeh was due to the constant rotation, something that would rarely happen at Liverpool because we can't!
      He's still young (26?) so can't have suddenly become crap, maybe with a good run of games and no injuries, he can regain the from he had in 07/08 when it's hard to deny he was good. As long as we don't blow our budget on him, I think he's worth a gamble and at least knows the EPL.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #105: Jan 05, 2011 07:29:19 pm
      I don't think we'd want him under normal circumstances, but it'd be nice to have someone who can put the ball in the back of the net as back-up to Torres and if we can get him on loan for a few months it'd be a good deal.  I wouldn't buy him, a loan is the best option as if he is as much of a pr**k as he seems to be, we can just get rid of him, no harm done.  Good luck to him if he does join us, score a few goals and he'll have us all on side :)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #106: Jan 05, 2011 07:30:58 pm
      Good luck to him if he does join us, score a few goals and he'll have us all on side :)
      Exactly. As long as it's only other team's fans that he annoys, I don't care about his attitude, ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #107: Jan 05, 2011 07:39:42 pm
      Anything to stop the possibility of Carlton Cole signing and of course to shove N'Gog down the pecking order. Very much needed.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #108: Jan 06, 2011 06:58:39 am
      whos going to winge about his attitude if he bangs the winner against city at the Kop end and runs the full length of the pitch to the City fans kissing the badge...?

Not f**king me!!!
      Look all I said is that he has sh*te attitude, if he scores and does well I'm not gonna be pissed am I FFS
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #109: Jan 06, 2011 07:08:49 am
      Im not having a dig and if you think thats alot for a player who MIGHT move on in a couple of seasons id love to know what you think about Aquillani ?
      Bad F***ing move on Roys part to loan him out, I think most people will agree that we paid way over the top for an injured player. Although there were plenty of add-ons and clauses in place in which we didnt pay that full price.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #110: Jan 07, 2011 03:28:24 am
      He's on something like 150k though isn't he? If i were interested in him, of course i'd try and haggle for less.
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #111: Jan 07, 2011 11:19:33 am
      Good player but he's had more fall outs than Gary Mac.
      Seems like a money grabbing moaner to me.
      Would take him over Carlton bloody Cole though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #112: Jan 25, 2011 09:24:01 pm
      Ballague has just tweeted we have tried to sign him, will be more in AS paper tomorrow. I think that really leaves the Suarez deal up in the air.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #113: Jan 25, 2011 09:26:21 pm
      I thought he'd just joined Real on loan.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #114: Jan 25, 2011 09:26:38 pm
      Signed for Real Madrid on loan till the end of the season

Quick Reply