Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)

Read 17901 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)
      Reply #46: Jan 04, 2011 06:14:30 pm
      I'm not worried, would give you Roy any Money ?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Jan 04, 2011 06:18:14 pm
      No but even Hicks and Gillette made a marquee signing in Torres even if it wasn't there own money. For reports and what has been said by NESV I just can't see them spending big on a player, hope I'm wrong.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #48: Jan 04, 2011 06:21:53 pm
      No but even Hicks and Gillette made a marquee signing in Torres even if it wasn't there own money. For reports and what has been said by NESV I just can't see them spending big on a player, hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you, especially the way they complained about our massive wage budget when they were on lfc tv.
      i kinda agree with them too, i mean joe cole is making way too much for sitting on the bench so is babel for the last 3 years now, i feel kyut and yossi were the only two players who were value for money.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: Jan 04, 2011 06:34:39 pm
      It is proven high wage budget is directly linked to success, I bet no one has won a Premiership with a wage budget outside the top 4 budgets
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Jan 04, 2011 06:37:04 pm
      I think its all merely specualtion at the moment, I'll judge John Henry and Nesv in next summers transfer window as thats when I'd expect them to really show their hand.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #51: Jan 04, 2011 06:40:17 pm
      Cant say he is sh*t ,but can say he is a cock,could do with another striker of his quality,but not him as that striker..........descisi ons decisions.....na he,s a tw*t.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #52: Jan 04, 2011 06:41:34 pm
      It is proven high wage budget is directly linked to success, I bet no one has won a Premiership with a wage budget outside the top 4 budgets

If mancs win it this year they probably will change that, spurs city and chelsea for sure have a higher budget then them, us arsenal and them are fighting for the fourth
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 04, 2011 08:08:31 pm
      Wouldnt want him with Hodgson here but with a more respectable manager i.e The King, then i reckon he could get him to get his head down for six months let him play for his big money move to Real while banging some goals in along the way. Complete c**t but i could put up with that if he was banging them in and firing us up the table, people have to wake up how many other proven prem goal scorers who are better than him could we attract.
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #54: Jan 04, 2011 08:15:16 pm
      I am as well JD it seems to be everywhere we have very little money to spend on players and to be honest NESV haven't been very forthcoming in talking about Liverpool in the transfer market.

I don't think it's a case of NOT having the money, just whether NESV are going to spend any on Liverpool.
      They have been spending quite a bit on the Red Sox.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #55: Jan 04, 2011 08:21:57 pm
      No thanks - yes he can score goals but he is a massive tool... Although a few said that about Anelka and we could do with him still being here...

Still, not my first choice - and not happy about loaning players from City!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #56: Jan 04, 2011 08:29:57 pm
      I'd say he's definitely an option.

I'm not sure that Man City would loan him to us though, incase Tevez got injured or something.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Jan 04, 2011 08:47:48 pm
      Loan. . . No thanks. . . Buy. . . No thanks. Johnson instead please. Oh and United still have the second or third highest wagebill. Just because they have cut back the amount of signings doesnt mean they are paying the ones they have less. The boy Roo can tell you that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #58: Jan 04, 2011 09:13:18 pm
      I'm not worried, would give you Roy any Money ?

Save it for the new bloke who becomes manager in the summer.

On Adebayor, heard about two months ago there could be a loan deal being done for January, he scores goals, comes across as respectful every time I've heard him on the telly, but does look like if things don't go his way, he'll be off in a sulk or have a kick-off with someone.

Although I'd rather take him on loan than let Roy go anywhere near Carlton Cole.

I'd say he's definitely an option.

I'm not sure that Man City would loan him to us though, incase Tevez got injured or something.

They've still got Balotelli, Jo and will probably be buying Dzeko. I don't think they'll have a worry on that one.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2011 09:26:36 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #59: Jan 04, 2011 09:36:32 pm
      .... doesnt mean they are paying the ones they have less. The boy Roo can tell you that

Poor Roo does have certain expense to cover, you know!

TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #60: Jan 04, 2011 10:04:17 pm
      Let's just see what materialises by the end of the summer transfer window. Only then can we start making proper informed judgements about NESV's tenure. If we get that T**T adebayor on loan and it works great. If it doesn't then easy enough to get shut. He's better than some of the options we can currently turn to in the squad.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #61: Jan 04, 2011 10:44:42 pm
      You could imagine roy coming in his pants at the prospect of playing hoofball with Adebayor in the side.

Woy would have him play in Centre Back too :)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #62: Jan 04, 2011 10:46:34 pm
      NOOOO!!!

Try and sign Suarez. Anyone tbh. I cant stand this lad. Not an LFC player.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #63: Jan 04, 2011 10:56:34 pm
      Please no.  I was in the pub when an Arsenal match was on a couple of years back.  The Arsenal fans present were slating him, the consensus was 'lazy f**ker'.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #64: Jan 04, 2011 11:00:01 pm
      Please no.  I was in the pub when an Arsenal match was on a couple of years back.  The Arsenal fans present were slating him, the consensus was 'lazy f**ker'.

A worse version of Berbatov who I also hate but who I could deal with because of his class.

Adebayor has no class. So no!
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #65: Jan 05, 2011 12:21:45 am
      He's a not a Liverpool kind of player but he's far from sh*te... Loan move if we couldnt get a Suarez wouldnt be that bad for us..
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #66: Jan 05, 2011 12:32:22 am
      Times must be still bad for us if were signing players on loan from our rivals for the CL places.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #67: Jan 05, 2011 03:05:02 am
      Good player, just hasn't been given the time. Mind you, he played well at City when he got a chance.

But buying from Manchester-ians? I'm sewing Roy for this one.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #68: Jan 05, 2011 03:26:51 am
      Ya don't want him , he has no class . He is a cnut . Fucken whinged and moaned when he was with us for more wages . Still left anyway . I could forget about all that , but for him to come up to the Arsenal supporters after he scored against us and slide on his knees and kiss the Citeh badge was the act of a man with no class , no understanding of supporters and most of all demonstrates his character or lack of it .
      Did i mention that he is a cnut

Quick Reply