Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)

Read 17867 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Re: Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)
      Reply #69: Jan 05, 2011 05:14:06 am
      If there are some players I never want close around our club this guy must included in that. I believe bring this guy in then we can see how can he disrupt the (already poor) harmony of the team (as he always did at his every before clubs). I don't believe too that he is a good player while others good striker with good attitude around the world we can get. 
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #70: Jan 05, 2011 09:03:03 am
      Everyone always complains that the press do nothing but lie but the only things we think we know about him are from gossip in the papers - the same papers that apparently can't be trusted!!!!

I don't know if he's a mercenary, a tw*t, a knobhead or an egostistical primadonna as I've never met him. I KNOW 3 things about him:

1) he contributes a hell of a lot of his wages to charity
      2) he averages about a goal every other game.
      3) aside from Torres, he's a better striker than anyone else at our club by a country mile

That's good enough for me.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #71: Jan 05, 2011 09:28:16 am
      He played 143 games for Arsenal with 62 goals 21 Assists thats not a bad stat for on the pitch .
         The only thing is he seems to think hes bigger than every club he goes to off the pitch.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #72: Jan 05, 2011 09:34:20 am
      Is he a good enough? In my opinion - yes.

Would he add to the team? In my opinion - yes.

Do I really give a F**k about his personality or how much he may or may not 'cost'? No.

Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #73: Jan 05, 2011 09:39:24 am
      Jesus everybody is being incredibly harsh! Is he a mercenary...yes. Are most City players yes. Would we have the same attitude if we were being linked with Silva or Tevez again? He could be a big cock....fair enough. But he scores a lot of goals and thats what matters! I reckon...even though he's a cock...he could form a good partnership with Nando...especially with him having the height advantage aswell. Provided he won't be on extortionate wages...sign him up!!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #74: Jan 05, 2011 10:08:23 am
      Everyone always complains that the press do nothing but lie but the only things we think we know about him are from gossip in the papers - the same papers that apparently can't be trusted!!!!

I don't know if he's a mercenary, a tw*t, a knobhead or an egostistical primadonna as I've never met him. I KNOW 3 things about him:

1) he contributes a hell of a lot of his wages to charity
      2) he averages about a goal every other game.
      3) aside from Torres, he's a better striker than anyone else at our club by a country mile

That's good enough for me.
      He is a knob, Arsenal made his name and he fu**ed off for more money, then runs infront of his old fans and kisses the Citeh badge. Cant see players like Stevie and Nando doing the same, you dont just buy a player for the skill, its for the attitude as well.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #75: Jan 05, 2011 10:19:38 am
      He is a knob, Arsenal made his name and he fu**ed off for more money, then runs infront of his old fans and kisses the Citeh badge. Cant see players like Stevie and Nando doing the same, you dont just buy a player for the skill, its for the attitude as well.

1) Went to another club for more money .......Fair play i have changed my job a few times because the wages were better

2)Ran in front of the Arsenal fans kissing the city badge .....The sh*t they were giving him dint blame him one bit

3) You don't just buy a player for skill its for attitude as well ....... Cant really criticise this point but I'm only going to see his skill ,so not that bothered about his attitude ,What your saying here is if Drogba or Ronaldo etc wanted to play for liverpool you'd say no cos they've got attitude .

At the end of the day if we take these 3 reasons into consideration then we wont see any change on the pitch cos it the flamboyant attituded players that make you win games.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #76: Jan 05, 2011 11:21:34 am
      1) Went to another club for more money .......Fair play I have changed my job a few times because the wages were better

2)Ran in front of the Arsenal fans kissing the city badge .....The sh*t they were giving him dint blame him one bit

3) You don't just buy a player for skill its for attitude as well ....... Cant really criticise this point but I'm only going to see his skill ,so not that bothered about his attitude ,What your saying here is if Drogba or Ronaldo etc wanted to play for liverpool you'd say no cos they've got attitude .

At the end of the day if we take these 3 reasons into consideration then we wont see any change on the pitch cos it the flamboyant attituded players that make you win games.

Fair points- Unfortunately professional football is completely different to your job as well as mine, comparing apples with pears there mate. They are celebraties/idols/heros etc etc to the fans, I dont think we are that to our colleagues/boss.

To your second point, yes the fans weren't good to him, but you dont run 100yds on a football pitch to celebrate infront of them on world television- thats fu**ed up.

Ronaldo and Drogba,  yes I would have them in my team, you hear and see them scoring and winning games, he's gone to Citeh and hasn't exactly taken the world by storm, I'm sorry but there are other better strikers out there for the price we will have to pay and  half the trouble!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #77: Jan 05, 2011 11:30:30 am

Ronaldo and Drogba,  yes I would have them in my team, you hear and see them scoring and winning games, he's gone to Citeh and hasn't exactly taken the world by storm, I'm sorry but there are other better strikers out there for the price we will have to pay and  half the trouble!

Go on tell me more , Name a few that have proven records of scoring in the premier league .
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #78: Jan 05, 2011 11:31:43 am
      He's rubbish. When he was at Arsenal he need like 20 chances to score one goal. Plus, he has the attitude of an ass.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #79: Jan 05, 2011 11:54:52 am
      Go on tell me more , Name a few that have proven records of scoring in the premier league .
      Seems a bit childish, but fine.

1) Andy Carroll
      2) Darren Bent
      3) Defoe

Thats just in the premier league, there are plenty other targets in the other top leagues that I would choose over this fool.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #80: Jan 05, 2011 12:01:43 pm
      I'm sorry but there are other better strikers out there for the price we will have to pay and  half the trouble!

As a fan; why are you worried about the 'price' or indeed his personality?

I'm not trying to get a dig in here Kopite**, just a bit of insight.  :-\
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #81: Jan 05, 2011 12:11:04 pm
      Is he a good enough? In my opinion - yes.

Would he add to the team? In my opinion - yes.

Do I really give a f**k about his personality or how much he may or may not 'cost'? No.

Spot on mate, but can you see City loaning us out to a rival? Especially with the way they refused Bellamy the chance to join a Premier League team?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #82: Jan 05, 2011 12:15:35 pm
      Seems a bit childish, but fine.

1) Andy Carroll
      2) Darren Bent
      3) Defoe

Thats just in the premier league, there are plenty other targets in the other top leagues that I would choose over this fool.

So you cant think of any realistic ones then !

Carrol no chance and why would the other team want to move to a club below them!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #83: Jan 05, 2011 12:16:43 pm
      As a fan; why are you worried about the 'price' or indeed his personality?

I'm not trying to get a dig in here Kopite**, just a bit of insight.  :-\

Well the price will affect who we can actually buy and possibly push funds in another area of thats needed, plus its my club (Dont want us bein ripped off ;-) )
      I agree it's going a bit much into detail regarding his personality, although I would rather word it as his attitude, can affect a team in a bad way.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #84: Jan 05, 2011 12:19:20 pm
      Spot on mate, but can you see City loaning us out to a rival?

Don't take this wrong but I couldn't care one way or the other. I was only commenting on the player, his ability, if 'he'd' be a good addition and help produce results - i'd be happy enough if we did sign him, that's all.

I don't worry about cost or anything else when we're looking at these transfer rumours as it'll either happen or it won't Chats.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #85: Jan 05, 2011 12:19:52 pm

So you cant think of any realistic ones then !

How the sh*t is Adebayor more realistic than those 3??? Can you see Citeh selling their striker to us? We might not have been in the running for Bellamy but I can tell you there would have been a good few clubs chasing his signature and look where he ended up!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #86: Jan 05, 2011 12:20:39 pm
      He can sleep , argue , and fight with whoever he wants as long as he performs well on the pitch and shoves us up the league .
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #87: Jan 05, 2011 12:24:07 pm
      How the sh*t is Adebayor more realistic than those 3??? Can you see Citeh selling their striker to us? We might not have been in the running for Bellamy but I can tell you there would have been a good few clubs chasing his signature and look where he ended up!

Hes been told he can leave , we have been linked with him on ssn and most english tabloids so not so sure city care who BUYS him Bellamy wasnt allowed to go to another Prem club because it was a loan!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #88: Jan 05, 2011 12:26:54 pm
      Hes been told he can leave , we have been linked with him on ssn and most english tabloids so not so sure city care who BUYS him Bellamy wasnt allowed to go to another Prem club because it was a loan!
      City will not want to sell to one of their rivals in my opinion
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #89: Jan 05, 2011 12:27:20 pm
      Well the price will affect who we can actually buy and possibly push funds in another area of thats needed, plus its my club (Dont want us bein ripped off ;-))

...but if we sign him (or any other player, for that matter) it'll be because the 'money men' reckon we can afford him; that's a given. What's not is if he (or any other player, for that matter) would be a good addition in the sense he would help produce results.

Maybe i'm over-simplifying things here but I got sick to the teeth talking about bargain basement, value for money, players under H & G.

In my opinion, we shouldn't, as fans, have to worry about how much any player costs or how much any player earns.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #90: Jan 05, 2011 12:27:59 pm
      Something telling here City get our target Dzeko and we get one of their cast offs. Hardly a policy of winners
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #91: Jan 05, 2011 12:28:59 pm
      City will not want to sell to one of their rivals in my opinion

But when they have told you you can leave you can leave if the price is right the price is right .....City know that as well as anyone!

Quick Reply