Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

FIFA Reputation In Tatters

Read 8565 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: FIFA Reputation In Tatters
      Reply #23: Dec 03, 2010 03:48:54 am
      Ii don't care who won the bids, what does piss me off is the lack of transparency in the FIFA bidding process.  I don't think it would be remiss or indeed wide of the mark to say the 2 FIFA World Cup bid officiators 'caught' taking bribes were the tip of the iceberg. 

Good to know that Switzerland are reviewing FIFA's status at the moment, regarding the exemption from corruption charges. 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #24: Dec 03, 2010 04:07:30 am
      I understand all that about expanding horizons, i do. But Qatar? Still bullshit to me. Say what you want, FIFA's reasons for Qatar are not for the good. I do not believe it will be that big anyways. I mean how much of the middle east population can actually afford to go anyways? The World Cup in the middle east will not change anything, IMO. Be glad to be proven wrong, i just don't think i will.

F**k that dismantling stadia crap. If a country can't even have use for the stadiums, doesn't that speak volumes about why they shouldn't host the F***ing thing?

I strongly stand by that Qatar do not deserve to host the tournament. A nation should need to prove they can make the World Cup finals before they get an automatic spot through hosting it.

I'm not excited one bit. Absolutely disappointed is what i am right now.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #25: Dec 03, 2010 04:44:11 am
      I don't see why the middle east population can't go? Just searched the average Qatari's income. Stands at QR7800, about 1400 pounds. Quite decent isn't it. And considering the currency shouldn't be that strong in the middle east as compared to countries like Japan (where stuff are extremely overpriced), the tickets should be well more than affordable for them.

Beijing hosted the Olympics to resounding success, they build the Bird Nest stadium and now do not know what to do with it as well. But does it take the shine of the fact that they did a remarkable job hosting the Olympics??

Absolutely agree with the fact that Qatar need to prove that they can make the finals though. But at the same time, I think it is also time that a country in the Middle East should host the world cup. So it's a bit of a 50-50 for me in that respect.

Whatever it is, I don't feel disappointed but upbeat about it. It's going to be 12 years before its hosted, still a long time, and probably won't be excited till the start of the tournament. Like I said football is venturing into the unknown and it's a positive sign for me.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Dec 03, 2010 04:52:57 am
      Just remember ROF - over half of the Qatari population is expats who are there for work. Not the average middle-eastern person by any stretch.

My disappointment is compounded by the fact im Aussie - but its justified. Australia has done a hell of a lot more IMO to build football up in our nation than Qatar has. A lot of work has been put into Australian football, this snub just for Qatar to get it is unacceptable.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #27: Dec 03, 2010 05:01:06 am
      I could smell it yesterday and can still smell it today,what a load of ****.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #28: Dec 03, 2010 05:17:53 am
      Fair enough BigV.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Dec 03, 2010 06:02:21 am
      Again - does anyone agree that you should have the ability to make a World Cup at least once in your history to justify hosting the competition? South Africa had been a few times previous, USA have, Australia has, South Korea has and Japan made one prior to co-hosting with S.Korea.

Qatar have nothing to show in football history. They have no identity as a football nation.

I know some may see me as being overly harsh, and maybe i am. But im pretty F***ing pissed off about this.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #30: Dec 03, 2010 06:03:11 am
      Plus ive had a fair few beers now. Probably dont help my anger at all :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Dec 03, 2010 09:28:05 am
      If you want to expand horizons, move the WC to the only place it hasn't been - Oceania (yes i know we're officially in Asia with FIFA but we're still part of Oceania also). That's expanding horizons.

This country goes F***ing mental when the WC is on, in fact when any form of sporting event is on. The Olympics was one of the best ever and we showed we can handle it all yet when the FFA show FIFA how we are developing the game, moving players abroad, getting more interest in the sport, they say "Sorry, Qatar is a better spot for the biggest event in the world." What the F**k?! Some people never even heard of Qatar until a few days ago. Their country is the size of my neighbourhood FFS and they'll be hosting the WC.

The sport has revolutionised in Australia yet we get kicked in the bollocks and receive ONE vote. One vote?! F**k off.

I mean, at least Russia has shown strength on the world stage and deserve to get it. They have a growing league and Zenit were the team in the spotlight a couple seasons ago that produced great players who are now in the top bracket in the world. That shows merit in the decision.

Enjoy it Qatar, then slip back into oblivion where you are/belong. F***ing bullshit.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #32: Dec 03, 2010 09:42:42 am

Nail on head BigV....it has nothing to do with trying to help a nation or trying to quell racism...nothing at all despite people looking for reasons.

Its plain and simple that FIFA is corrupt and has been for a long long time.

Russia & Qatar simply paid more backhanders than anyone else.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #33: Dec 03, 2010 09:49:10 am
      The sport has revolutionised in Australia yet we get kicked in the bollocks and receive ONE vote. One vote?! F**k off.
      Yeah, that f**king gave me the shits.

Talk about dealing under the table in a subtle manner. No transparency whatsoever when you think Australia only got one vote.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #34: Dec 03, 2010 10:08:02 am
      We spent 35 million on that bid , the government have now said that they will not stump up the cash for future bids now . I wonder if I'll ever get to see a world cup staged here in Australia
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35: Dec 03, 2010 10:14:41 am
      We spent 35 million on that bid , the government have now said that they will not stump up the cash for future bids now . I wonder if I'll ever get to see a world cup staged here in Australia

To think, at the earliest i will be 36 when it comes here providing we get it in 2030 - which we wont.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #36: Dec 03, 2010 10:18:15 am

They spent the cash in the wrong places.

Would have been better spending 20m and keeping the extra 10m for the backhanders needed to win votes.

Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 03, 2010 10:22:49 am
      TBH though, the Australian presentation was sh*t, compared to the Qatari presentation.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #38: Dec 03, 2010 10:23:44 am
      I'm amazed England hasn't hosted the world cup since 66 (i think ya's done alright in that one) Have you not been bidding since then ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39: Dec 03, 2010 10:24:38 am
      Qatar,Russia let them have it we have the world cup everyweek with the EPL.Have lost interest over the years in following England this will not help.
      Much rather see Liverpool win the league than England win the world cup.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 03, 2010 10:26:26 am
      TBH though, the Australian presentation was sh*t, compared to the Qatari presentation.

I read an article in todays paper sayin how bad it was . How could they spend so much money and get it so wrong . This was our chance to shine and they roll out Crocodile Dundee for fucks sake .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Dec 03, 2010 10:37:12 am
      The worst part was the kangaroo cartoon and Elle McPherson kissing Frank Lowy on the cheek giving that corny speech.

Terrible.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #42: Dec 03, 2010 10:42:02 am
      At this moment in time there are at least 13 men lying on beds surrounded by rubles and rubbing their cocks with ruble notes.

Quite amazing that in this day and age blatant corruption still goes unpunished. What next, Politicians stealing money under the veil of expenses? Tut.

If ever the world needed a revolution of the masses it's now.*

*Disclaimer: The above comments should not be taken as an incitement to riot but just the words of someone who is pissed with the world and all the injustice contained therein. Fuckers.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 03, 2010 10:43:46 am
      They did not emphasise what football has done for the country and the impact a World Cup would have on growing the sport in the country. We've already come leaps and bounds from 20 years ago and it's only growing, but no, that's not important. They'd rather show a kangaroo hopping to who knows where. Piss poor if you ask me.

The Qatari pitch adressed all the issues people had, such as the air conditioning, and also on what the World Cup would do for the Middle East. For example, when they showed one of the kids saying what would happen if Israel were to qualify for the World Cup and how it could help Israelis and Arabs get to know each other.

That's the kind of thing the Aussie pitch was missing.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #44: Dec 03, 2010 11:42:51 am
      What will Qatar do with all the stadiums after the WC?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #45: Dec 03, 2010 11:47:56 am
      What will Qatar do with all the stadiums after the WC?
      They're dismantling 10 of the 12 stadiums and building 22 new stadiums in developing nations.

Can someone tell me if i'm correct.

Quick Reply