Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Daniel Agger (Wolfsburg / Juventus)

Read 7596 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Daniel Agger (Wolfsburg / Juventus)
      Dec 04, 2010 10:41:56 pm
      Liverpool defender Daniel Agger could join former England manager Steve McClaren at Wolfsburg in January.

Reports in German say talks between the Bundesliga club and Liverpool have taken place with an impressive fee of around £12m mentioned.

Agger has been used sparingly since joining the club from Brondby in 2007 and has struggled with injuries since Roy Hodgson's arrival.

Juventus are also said to be monitoring the player's situation but it is unclear whether Hodgson will allow him to leave with defensive cover in short supply at Anfield.

Jamie Carragher suffered a dislocated shoulder at the weekend and is facing up to three months out and Agger could be required to fill in during his absence.

This story has been

I can see him leaving to be honest

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/lfc-star-a-shock-target-for-mcclaren
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 11:30:09 am by JD »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Daniel Agger (Wolfsburg)
      Reply #1: Dec 04, 2010 10:45:54 pm
      So f***in gutted with the prospect of losing Daniel Agger, I think he's potentially one of the best defenders in Europe, definately one of the best Rafa buys.

His injuries don't help either... Very sad.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Dec 04, 2010 10:46:23 pm
      The treatment of him is shameful, Hodgson won't know I class player if his life depended on it.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #3: Dec 05, 2010 12:44:04 pm
      Agger, as Diego said, is potentially one of the best defenders in Europe in my opinion. I - as with many Liverpool fans - would be absolutely GUTTED to see Agger go. Roy seems to be under the impression we need a new centre half, well no f**king wonder if he is planning on selling Agger. Cahill & Shawcross have been mentioned to come in, sorry Roy but no thanks. If I had the option of Agger, Cahill or Shawcross it would be Agger ANY day of the week.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Dec 05, 2010 01:13:13 pm
      The best defender we have at the club at the moment, IMO and of course, could be one of the best in Europe.

I would be freaking gutted if he left. I hope Roy is fired before we lose all our naturally gifted players.

Roy can't tell a good player from a mediocre one to save his own life.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #5: Dec 05, 2010 01:51:10 pm
      I'd be sad if he left.

On the other hand chosing to take 12m for an injury prone defender having never been fully fit since 2 years or so, is a move I can understand.

After watching him in french games, I rate Rami as an already as good or slightly better defender than Agger (and a better complement to Skretl or Carra, as Adil is as good in the air as Sotis while far faster and better passer than the greek). And younger and with no health problem he has of course more potential to improve.

If we can sell Agger for 12 it would pay most of the 15m Lille would ask for Rami and let us some money to buy a striker or winger.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Dec 05, 2010 02:05:43 pm
      F**k OFF!

>:(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #7: Dec 05, 2010 02:06:34 pm
      Best CB at the club and I believe one of the best in the league but I really do think he mat be off in January.

Roy clearly doesn't rate him for some bizarre reason and Danny doesn't seem to have much faith in the manager so it all indicates he could go.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Dec 05, 2010 02:08:51 pm
      I'd be sad if he left.

On the other hand chosing to take 12m for an injury prone defender having never been fully fit since 2 years or so, is a move I can understand.

After watching him in french games, I rate Rami as an already as good or slightly better defender than Agger (and a better complement to Skretl or Carra, as Adil is as good in the air as Sotis while far faster and better passer than the greek). And younger and with no health problem he has of course more potential to improve.

If we can sell Agger for 12 it would pay most of the 15m Lille would ask for Rami and let us some money to buy a striker or winger.

I'd take Rami every day ahead of Shawcross who we are linked with.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9: Dec 05, 2010 02:12:21 pm
      I'd be sad if he left.

We couldnt afford to buy a fully fit Daniel so why in gods name would we be prepared to sell him for £12 mil and  buy a less able player for £15mil that just doesnt make sense to me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #10: Dec 05, 2010 02:15:30 pm
      We couldnt afford to buy a fully fit Daniel so why in gods name would we be prepared to sell him for £12 mil and  buy a less able player for £15mil that just doesnt make sense to me.

It doesn't make sense but seems to be the way talented players are being treated by the current manager.

little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Dec 05, 2010 03:06:10 pm
      NO
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #12: Dec 05, 2010 03:56:12 pm
      He's way too good for the Bundesliga.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #13: Dec 05, 2010 03:56:22 pm
      FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU ROY!
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 05, 2010 07:26:08 pm
      Rumours of Danny going out and Lescott coming in .....Welcome to yhe planet ROY
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #15: Dec 05, 2010 11:47:44 pm
      With Raul and Steven in midfield, Roy is now thinking of switching Poulsen at centre back so thats why Agger has to make way.

Are we going to lose Agger because Roy if fu**ed up?
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #16: Dec 10, 2010 06:31:01 pm
      Juventus targeting January raid for Liverpool FC defensive duo
      Glen Johnson and Daniel Agger have been lined up as two reported transfer targets for Juventus in the January transfer window.

The Serie A giants are hopeful of securing deals for the defensive duo in addition to the permanent capture of Reds midfielder Alberto Aquilani after continuing to impress during his season-long loan spell at the Stadio Olimpico.

Should Juve opt to take the option to buy Aquilani at the end of his trial spell, it will cost them £13million whilst Johnson is expected to command a slightly lower fee of £12million.

The England international's future continues to be the subject of speculation despite Roy Hodgson's insistence that he does not wish to sell the right-back and the Old Lady have been mentioned in the same breath as Tottenham and Bayern Munich as potential suitors.

However the price tag would exceed their expectations with expenditure set to be kept to a minimum as they hope to land Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, who is valued in excess of £33million, whilst a move for Agger, 25, could also be scuppered by Liverpool's valuation.

Juventus enjoyed a good relationship with Liverpool's previous ownership regime and are hopeful that the presence of Damien Comolli as Director of Football Strategy at Anfield will serve them well after they held talks during his time at Saint-Etienne over a potential transfer for midfielder Dimitri Payet.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1211790-juventus-targeting-january-raid-for-liverpool-fc-defensive-duo.html

Didn't know if this should be a new topic or not so mods feel free to move it if it's better somewhere else.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #17: Dec 10, 2010 06:50:53 pm
      After Poulsen bought for 5
      and Aquilani sold for 13 when he was purchased for 20
      Johnson sold for 12 when he was purchased for 18
      and Agger sold for peanuts too

If it happens Liverpool should be on Juventus shirts as most generous sponsor.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Dec 10, 2010 08:16:05 pm
      Quality Rouge :D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19: Dec 10, 2010 09:34:57 pm
      Our best footballing defender by a mile F**k of Roy
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Dec 10, 2010 09:46:24 pm
      A bit like Aurelio with injuries, which is such a huge shame as he's a brilliant player, would hate him to leave though as I'm sure if he gets  back and gets a good run, injury free, he'd boss the back four, and we need his experience.
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 10, 2010 10:16:38 pm
      Dear Mr. Comolli,

As the Director of Football Strategy please take a vested interest in Roy's bad decisions. 

Sincerely,

Everybody

PS - Yes loosing Agger is one of those bad decisions.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Daniel Agger (Wolfsburg / Juventus)
      Reply #22: Dec 11, 2010 11:30:21 am
      Juventus are set for a super-summit with Liverpool to discuss deals for Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger and Alberto Aquilani.

A deal for Italy midfielder Aquilani would be the most straight forward to complete, with Juve insisting on a £13million option to buy when they took him on loan for the season, but Liverpool could rue losing him after impressive performances in Serie A.

The Italians would also like to sign Johnson in January to ease defensive problems but a reported £12m price tag is way beyond what they want to pay.

Juve are hording money to sign a striker, with Wolfsburg’s Edin Dzeko £33m-rated still top of their wish list, but strengthening the defence is arguably a bigger priority.

They are keen on centre back Agger and like the fact that he can fill in at left back, but they fear Wolfsburg are already closing in on deal for the Denmark international.

Agger, 25, seems to have fallen out of favour with boss Roy Hodgson but has warned he won’t be force out of Anfield.

Juve are wary that the good relationship they had with Liverpool’s old regime means they are starting from square one since the takeover with NESV.
      However, there have been previous links between the Turin club and Damien Comolli - the new Liverpool director of football strategy - who was in talks with Juve about Saint-Etienne midfielder Dimitri Payet when in his former job earlier this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1337428/Juventus-want-Liverpool-trio-Alberto-Aquilani-Glen-Johnson-Daniel-Agger.html#ixzz17nmKsIb4

Quick Reply