Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Daniel Agger (Wolfsburg / Juventus)

Read 7556 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Daniel Agger (Wolfsburg / Juventus)
      Reply #23: Dec 11, 2010 11:56:53 am
      Since when did we become a club that sells players?!

I'll be freaking livid if they are allowed to leave Liverpool, especially Agger. Our manager can't tell a good player from an average one :( What's the deal with leaving out all our players who are gifted on the ball like Aquilani, Agger and Pacheco other than injuries?!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #24: Dec 11, 2010 12:05:24 pm
      An absolute disgrace if he's sold, Hodgson's worst piece of business yet.
      EL___ NINO
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #25: Dec 13, 2010 02:50:50 pm
      Over my dead body.
      NEVER
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #26: Dec 13, 2010 03:07:07 pm
      It sucks.... we need a class CB because Skrtel just ain't cutting it against the top teams.  Agger is class, and when fit he is definitely one of the best in the world.  He has decent pace, is fairly quick on his feet, has power and aerial ability, good with the ball at his feet, reads the game very well, and can uncork from 30-40 yards with his left peg!  Unfortunately, he seems to be injured more than he is fit :( 

I have no doubt that if we sell him and he gets fit, we will regret it as he will turn good on his talent and potential.  However, if we keep him and he turns into our version of Johnny Woodgate or Owen Hargreaves, we will also regret not cashing in on him when we had the chance.  This one is a real conundrum....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Dec 14, 2010 03:19:16 pm
      I like Agger.  I rate him.

But even the most supportive of us can't ignore the fact he is more often than not injured.  I dread to think how much wages he has had while he's been unavailable for selection. (Because I bet you can't get insurance for him).

He may well be our best footballing defender, but it's a bit like having a Ferrari in your garage without any wheels.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Dec 14, 2010 03:26:07 pm
      £12M is quite a lot of money for a defender who it seems is never on the pitch.

However, with Carra injured as well, that would leave only Skrtl and Sotis as the only experienced CBs at the club.

So basically if we have to sell Agger then make sure we have a replacement lined up first.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Dec 14, 2010 04:24:22 pm
      Well there's Kelly, Wilson and we could always call Dani Ayala back.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #30: Dec 14, 2010 05:18:27 pm
      Well there's Kelly, Wilson and we could always call Dani Ayala back.

Aye, but they are all young and inexperienced and with being an awful lot of pressure on the club at the moment, I think we need experienced names there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Dec 14, 2010 05:25:53 pm
      That's true, but then defeats the purpose of having them there. If we have 4 centre backs and when two are out we still look to buy more in that sends a negative message to the youngsters.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Dec 14, 2010 05:30:38 pm
      I here what you are saying Crouchie, and I am all for playing kids, but CB is such an important position, and with the way we play, our CB's seem to have a lot of work to do.

Also, I think CB's develop later, and peak at an older age. Would be risky to have Kelly playing a lot of games in a row. (As I think Kelly would get the nod ahead of Wilson or the call back of Ayala)

Would probably be the making of him, but still quite risky.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #33: Dec 14, 2010 05:34:36 pm
      I'd be picking Danny Wilson or Martin Kelly over Skrtel each and every game right now. Absolutely NO reason not to.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34: Dec 14, 2010 05:46:12 pm
      I'd be picking Danny Wilson or Martin Kelly over Skrtel each and every game right now. Absolutely NO reason not to.

I agree.  The backline I'd like to see against Fulham is:

Johno  Kelly  Sotis  Aurelio

Johno will push forward as he always does, but Aurelio tends to venture forward less often.  Sotis would do well with Kelly and Aurelio around him because they both have decent pace (decent enough anyway) and they are both better than their counterparts (Skrtel and Konch) at playing with a ball at their feet.  Would help us keep much better possession of the ball, and we could start attacks from deep rather than hoof the ball up to the forwards.

On the other hand, I'm not convinced by Wilson yet.  He looks talented, but his performances for the senior team (the few he's had) have been too shaky thus far.  He needs more time to develop into a consistent CB, but he certainly has plenty of time to develop :)
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010 05:51:41 pm by harrydunn08 »
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #35: Jan 13, 2011 03:27:36 pm
      today's stories saying that we are in negotiations with Fiorentina over Agger. the source was Italian reports according to Goal. Probably, and hopefully bullshit.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Jan 13, 2011 10:46:24 pm
      today's stories saying that we are in negotiations with Fiorentina over Agger. the source was Italian reports according to Goal. Probably, and hopefully bullshit.

Viola linked with Agger move

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is reported to be negotiating terms with Fiorentina.

Agger, 26, warned recently that he would look to leave the club if he was not a first-team regular. There appears little reason for the player to act on that threat - he has made four appearances already in January, starting both games since Kenny Dalglish took charge - but FIFA agent Bernardo Brovarone has claimed he is now discussing a move to Italy.

"The Viola have put forward a contract proposal to Agger, offering him €1.5 million, but he wants €2 million per season," he told Lady Radio. "Now we have to wait and see what Liverpool say about it."

Agger, who joined Liverpool from Brondby in 2006, has also been linked with Tottenham, Arsenal and Juventus.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/865239/agent:-liverpool%27s-daniel-agger-discussing-terms-with-fiorentina?cc=3888

Hope it's not true. Has played both games under Kenny, though.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Jan 13, 2011 10:47:34 pm
      Bollocks!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Jan 13, 2011 10:49:06 pm

Dado put Poulsen or Konchesky as your sig and avatar, fooker all the good players you choose either move or get linked with moves away. :D
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #39: Jan 13, 2011 10:54:40 pm

was actually word for word the same article I read.

Kenny probably rates him.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #40: Jan 13, 2011 11:15:35 pm
      Kenny has picked him twice and Im sure he'll pick him Sunday.

Hodgson didnt like him because he's a "footballer".

He wont be going anywhere now people  ;D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41: Jan 13, 2011 11:48:54 pm
      Dado put Poulsen or Konchesky as your sig and avatar, fooker all the good players you choose either move or get linked with moves away. :D

Haha F***ing hell mate I might as well!

I will be gutted if he leaves.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2011 11:20:44 am
      Under no circumstances should he be allowed to leave.

At 26 he is coming into his prime and is our best defender at the club at this moment.

We have to stop being a selling club.

What reason is there to sell a top player especially one that is linked to other decent teams - we must be F***ing mad if this goes ahead.

Quick Reply