Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Stanley Park: The Main Features

Read 5663 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Stanley Park: The Main Features
      Dec 05, 2010 07:41:44 pm
      I was thinking about the New Stanley Park that will EVENTUALLY get finished. One thing that came to mind was the main features that Stanley Park should include to make it stand out in regards to modern stadia but still to keep the main pieces of our history that we would want to take from Anfield into the new stadium. Things such as a Kop end in the stadium's design have already been mentioned to be put forward forward for Stanley Park, but what else should we be looking for? Personally I would go with things such as:

A Kop Grandstand for one of the stands of Stanley Park

The changing rooms to be painted with stand out moments from the club's history and historic managers and ex-players to show what they should be aiming for, which is to match the players that made Liverpool F.C what it is in their achievements domestically and in Europe.

The current Hillsborough Memorial plaque to be taken out from Anfield and put into Stanley Park, also maybe another Hillsborough shop in the stadium, and the current Heysel plaque to be taken to SP too.

The 'This Is Anfield' sign to be put above the tunnel for players to touch for luck and to remind visiting teams what a historic and how big a side they are up against.

Finally, no brand name for the stadium and for the new ground to be called 'Stanley Park', although this is debatable due to the financial demands of today's football.

Anything else we should be looking for?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Re: Stanley Park: The Main Features
      Reply #1: Dec 05, 2010 08:08:51 pm
      I was thinking about the New Stanley Park that will EVENTUALLY get finished. One thing that came to mind was the main features that Stanley Park should include to make it stand out in regards to modern stadia but still to keep the main pieces of our history that we would want to take from Anfield into the new stadium. Things such as a Kop end in the stadium's design have already been mentioned to be put forward forward for Stanley Park, but what else should we be looking for? Personally I would go with things such as:

A Kop Grandstand for one of the stands of Stanley Park

The changing rooms to be painted with stand out moments from the club's history and historic managers and ex-players to show what they should be aiming for, which is to match the players that made Liverpool F.C what it is in their achievements domestically and in Europe.

The current Hillsborough Memorial plaque to be taken out from Anfield and put into Stanley Park, also maybe another Hillsborough shop in the stadium, and the current Heysel plaque to be taken to SP too.

The 'This Is Anfield' sign to be put above the tunnel for players to touch for luck and to remind visiting teams what a historic and how big a side they are up against.

Finally, no brand name for the stadium and for the new ground to be called 'Stanley Park', although this is debatable due to the financial demands of today's football.

Anything else we should be looking for?

With the world cup bid not happening, I don't think Stanley Park will happen.

Instead of Relocation, relocation, relocation, it's going to be renovation, renovation, renovation.

And when did work actually start?
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #2: Dec 06, 2010 10:02:21 pm

Um do you not remember the footage of the digger that hicks showed us all and have you not seen our lovely blue board that marks out some of were it's going and the houses that are abandon work has started    :f_tongueincheek:

seriously though the way the money is and the fact that the only problem with Anfield is it's a bit small I can't see us moving for a long time.  
      « Last Edit: Dec 06, 2010 10:49:12 pm by MsGerrard »
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #3: Dec 06, 2010 11:57:40 pm
      I want stanley park to have slides and rollercoasters
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #4: Dec 07, 2010 01:41:44 am
      Um do you not remember the footage of the digger that hicks showed us all and have you not seen our lovely blue board that marks out some of were it's going and the houses that are abandon work has started    :f_tongueincheek:

seriously though the way the money is and the fact that the only problem with Anfield is it's a bit small I can't see us moving for a long time. 

One thing I did notice by the Anny Road end tonight was that Snack Village or whatever it's called.

I wonder how much those stall holders are being charged?
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #5: Dec 07, 2010 08:49:35 am
      With the world cup bid not happening, I don't think Stanley Park will happen.

What has one thing got to do with the other?

We need and want to increase the capacity of our ground.  We considered a redevelopment, but were knocked back by the council, we we decided to build a new stadium - the fact that World Cup games could have been staged there is irrelevant.  If we want a new stadium, if NESV (/UKSV) decide that is in the best interests of the club, then it will happen regardless of the corruption at the heart of FIFA.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #6: Dec 07, 2010 09:15:58 am

If we can get £100m, over 15 years for selling the naming rights (which is similar to the deal that Arsenal got from Emirates) - that is nearly £7m a season added to our transfer budget.  That is a significant sum, let's say our budget is £20m a year, you can afford two good players, or one great player, add the sponsorship money and suddenly it becomes £27m and you are into the world-class market, or two very good players. 

I would not mind one bit if selling the naming rights meant Liverpool were bringing the PL trophy back to the Imodium stadium

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Dec 07, 2010 10:32:46 am
      If we get the development to a capacity we need at Anfield I will be delighted. It means I can bring my son to the same place of worship I have been lucky enough to attend.  Putting sentimentality aside. If we got over 100 million for naming rights then bring on The Carlsberg Centre @ Stanley Park. 
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Dec 07, 2010 11:20:46 am
      Now that we have lost the World Cup Bid, Liverpool Council may be more reluctant to let us redevelop Anfield.  As lets face it the Council where hoping that we would off got the World Cup bid, so the grants could come rolling in to redevelop the Anfield Area and build the new Stadium.  But seeing as FIFA scuppered that happening, there plans must be in tatters.  I would much rather they just reveloped Anfield, demolish the houses around Anfield and extend the stands.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #9: Dec 07, 2010 11:37:58 am
      Now that we have lost the World Cup Bid, Liverpool Council may be more reluctant to let us redevelop Anfield.  As lets face it the Council where hoping that we would off got the World Cup bid, so the grants could come rolling in to redevelop the Anfield Area and build the new Stadium.  But seeing as FIFA scuppered that happening, there plans must be in tatters.  I would much rather they just reveloped Anfield, demolish the houses around Anfield and extend the stands.

Time for a bit of housekeeping Nick? That sig is soooo autumn. ;)
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #10: Apr 06, 2011 11:49:18 pm

How long would this take though? Would they maybe rebuild a stand per season, so it would be 4 years minimum for the ground to be complete?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #11: Apr 08, 2011 05:25:43 pm
      How long would this take though? Would they maybe rebuild a stand per season, so it would be 4 years minimum for the ground to be complete?

Every stand doesn't need rebuilding.

Only stand that could do with a total rebuild is the main stand. The bottom tier of the Anny can stay, add some exec boxes and a new tier and we're good to go.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2011 10:58:03 pm
      Every stand doesn't need rebuilding.

Only stand that could do with a total rebuild is the main stand. The bottom tier of the Anny can stay, add some exec boxes and a new tier and we're good to go.

Yeah good shout, but I think the tiers on the Anfield Road end could be made bigger. If they improved the main stand to make it bigger, made the Anfield Road end the same size by making the tiers bigger then we really would have a much improved stadium. What I would like to see though is for Anfield to remain as a square stadium, no pods in the corners that make it one big bowl like The Emirates. Keep the stadium as it is right now, a close to the pitch square ground where the stands go right UP, not deep back like some grounds.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2011 11:17:52 pm by YNWABairn »
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 07, 2011 06:01:48 pm
      New stadium is only option for Liverpool - Parry

Published 12:22 07/08/11 By MirrorFootball

Former Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has called on the club's new owners to make their new stadium plans public as soon as possible.

In 2008, when Parry was in charge, Liverpool put the development of a new stadium at Stanley Park on hold until after the financial crisis.

Parry expects New England Sports Ventures, Liverpool's new owners, to also conclude that building a new ground, rather than redeveloping Anfield, is the way forward.

"The new owners have been very smart in not making any false promises or predictions," Parry told Sportsweek on BBC Radio Five Live.

"They have taken their time to study the options with great care.

"For them the main thing is to ensure the stadium does what it is supposed to do, which is to secure the financial future of club and not become a millstone.

"Full marks to them for taking their time to make sure they come up with the right answer. I think we will have to see that answer sooner rather than later.

"Initially we wanted to develop Anfield, that was always the hope, but there were too many complications. The idea of building new actually became increasingly attractive the more we studied the options.

"I can't imagine what has changed radically that would lead you easily to a different conclusion but I am not privy to the latest information that the owners have got."

Parry would be interested in a return to Premier League football at some point, but from a Liverpool perspective both expectations and excitement are high.

He added: "Every Liverpool fan has a buzz about them and is looking forward to the new season.

"The new owners are looking for a top four position. John Henry has said that in the last week.

"But weight of expectation at Liverpool is nothing new. Nobody knows that better than Kenny (Dalglish, the manager).

"He has lived through the greatest times at Liverpool. He understands the expectation at Liverpool is to succeed on the pitch."

MirrorFootball

With the current situation I'm with Mr. Parry and we should lease the ground and end this once for all.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Aug 07, 2011 06:05:45 pm
      If there is anything Parry know's it's how not to make the right decisions for the club's off field progress. Arsehole
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #15: Aug 07, 2011 06:35:07 pm
      Cheeky dickhead,F**k of and mind ur own business.
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #16: Sep 09, 2011 03:39:41 pm
      Stanley Park, Good name. I was a bit worried about this eventually stadium being named "Standard Chartered Arena" Yuck, :-/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #17: Sep 09, 2011 04:37:59 pm
      Stanley Park, Good name. I was a bit worried about this eventually stadium being named "Standard Chartered Arena" Yuck, :-/

If a new ground is built, it will be called something like the above, but why call it Stanley Park, it's still Anfield.

Won't matter anyway, we're redeveloping Shankly's stadium anyway!!!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #18: Sep 13, 2011 12:16:33 am
      Not sure we will.  Let's see what happens.  September deadline looming.

Quick Reply