Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Clint Dempsey (Fulham)

Read 11027 times
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
      Dec 06, 2010 05:02:40 pm
      Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson will attempt to lure Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey in January.

The former Craven Cottage boss has earmarked a move for the American and the poor start to the season under new boss Mark Hughes may lead the 27-year-old to consider a move away from the west London side.

Hodgson is reportedly looking to bring in more attacking options and the adaptable Dempsey could well be a very useful addition to his Anfield squad. The £10m rated Texan can play in a number of positions in the final third and now in his fifth season in the Premier League he has shown what he is capable of and arguably has outgrown the Cottagers.

Fulham currently lie in 17th spot in the table having secured just two wins all season but Dempsey has still managed to impress, netting six goals so far in all competitions. However Roy Hodgson may find it hard to persuade Hughes to sell such an integral part of his side and a move would only have a chance of success if the former New England Revolution man pushed for an exit.

Liverpool have found goals hard to come by this season, scoring just 17 goals in 15 Premier League matches, and a move for Clint Dempsey would make a great deal of sense as he has the ability to make opportunities for others as well as net relatively frequently himself.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-plan-dempsey-swoop
      Stevie-G-
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts |
      Re: Clint Dempsey (Fulham)
      Reply #1: Dec 06, 2010 05:12:29 pm
      No, never. Shocking to see us linked with this crap to be honest.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #2: Dec 06, 2010 05:24:38 pm
      Dempsey is the only player from Fulham I rate and would have liked Roy to take with him at the start of the season.

However It would be a joke if we signed him for 10m. 5m tops for me.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: Dec 06, 2010 05:28:29 pm
      I'm one of the biggest American homers and think Dempsey is the best American outfield player there is, along with Michael Bradley who plays in the Bundesliga. Dempsey can make anything happen out of nothing.

That being said, he is not Liverpool quality. He has quality moments but is too inconsistent. If it were for 5 mill I agree, maybe, but 10 is too much for someone who will struggle to make the Starting 11 consistently.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Dec 06, 2010 05:32:01 pm
      Extremely average player, the only way this lad would ever get a chance to play with Liverpool is with a manager like Hodgson in charge.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #5: Dec 06, 2010 05:45:30 pm
      What's the point in letting benayoun leave if u end up with Cole and dempsey, still bargin basement
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: Dec 06, 2010 06:38:26 pm
      I'm one of the biggest American homers and think Dempsey is the best American outfield player there is, along with Michael Bradley who plays in the Bundesliga. Dempsey can make anything happen out of nothing.

That being said, he is not Liverpool quality. He has quality moments but is too inconsistent. If it were for 5 mill I agree, maybe, but 10 is too much for someone who will struggle to make the Starting 11 consistently.

Don't forget Stuart Holden, he's pretty decent for a young fella.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #7: Dec 06, 2010 06:41:49 pm
      No, never. Shocking to see us linked with this crap to be honest.

He's not crap, hes actually a very decent player. He's just not liverpool standard.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Dec 06, 2010 06:46:39 pm
      F**k sake our expectations have hardly dropped that much that we want average signings like this
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #9: Dec 06, 2010 06:49:45 pm
      I am an American, and Dempsey is a star here. For that reason he should have had a great World Cup on the national stage, he didn't because he is over-rated. He can be a star for a mid table team like Fulham. For us and on this team, he is not quality, he is not a star in the making, he will sit on the bench and want playing time because players like Lucas, Shelvey, Gerrard, Meireles, Pacheco, etc... would all be above him by the time he gets here. I'm sorry but I just don't see any logic in this.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Dec 06, 2010 06:50:41 pm
      F**k sake our expectations have hardly dropped that much that we want average signings like this

Think it is just lazy journalism to be honest, being linked with Ex-Fulham players, putting 2+2 together and all that.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #11: Dec 06, 2010 06:57:48 pm
      Think it is just lazy journalism to be honest, being linked with Ex-Fulham players, putting 2+2 together and all that.
      To be honest I tought that same thing you are saying when we heard roy was out for konchesky
        hopoe its gossip like you think mate
       YNWA
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #12: Dec 07, 2010 02:32:56 am
      Good player but not good enough.
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Reply #13: Dec 07, 2010 09:23:48 am
      piggott_mourinho
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 07, 2010 12:10:16 pm
      why do we want that yank n*b?
      he was the one who cost us the group at the world cup
      anyways he isnt good enough, and if we sign him its just a waste of a club shirt
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #15: Dec 07, 2010 11:46:14 pm
      Again, a sign that our expectations are being managed to be linked with Dempsey.  To be honest, if this is true, I find it rather offensive from Mr Hodgson.

Why not let Roy just sign everyone he signed for Fulham and be done with it.  We can then enjoy relegation battles every year.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #16: Dec 08, 2010 04:42:12 am
      I live in the states and I think he sucks

would be decent cover....but no need for squad cover, we got plenty atm who have trouble finding a place on the team atm

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #17: Dec 08, 2010 10:06:49 am
      Dempsey is a good player who chips in with a decent amount of goals but I would only want him if we got two or three quality young players as well.

Another player getting towards 30 and our squad has enoughh of them already.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18: Dec 08, 2010 10:47:47 am
      why do we want that yank n*b?
      he was the one who cost us the group at the world cup

:roll:
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 08, 2010 11:03:46 am
      in a word NO
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #20: Dec 08, 2010 11:40:25 am
      Dempsey is good but never good enough for us, but it's Roy. He always have a soft spot for Fulham anyway and he has the nick for average bargain basement players like Poulsen. If it's true, looks like we are turning to a new look Fulham.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #21: Dec 08, 2010 01:39:28 pm
      Don't see any position where he would be better than our current starters.

Would sign him if he was free or near to be as he can be a decent squad player versatile enough to be usefull to have on the bench but would be a shame to pay 10 or even 6 or 7m for him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #22: Dec 08, 2010 01:44:18 pm
      I'll say no for the reason that Cole, Gerrard, Maxi, Kuyt, Cole and Jova are all on the old side so I'd like younger players to be added.

Think he's a good player though, very versatile and is quite creative.

Quick Reply