Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (3.2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (6.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (52.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (14.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.9%)
      Ryan Babel
      (13.4%)
      David N'gog
      (8.3%)

Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Satisfaction

Read 48801 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa: Post Match Satisfaction
      Reply #621: Dec 06, 2010 10:49:27 pm
      Congrats to Nando, congrats to Pepe and congrats to the team on 3 vital points.

Lucas was F***ing boss he dominated in the middle and what impressed me the most in contrast to Meireles he was not so eager to play the first pass. He held the ball under  control looking for penetrating passes and the one to Babel was a great example of this.

Kuyt had an absolute stinker and Johnson for my liking whilst showing brilliance at times going forward gave away too much posession cheaply.

All in all happy with the 3 points.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #622: Dec 06, 2010 10:49:56 pm
      Villa have huge problems, so many kids on the pitch for them; Hogg, Clarke, Delfonso, and Albrighton. 
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #623: Dec 06, 2010 11:01:06 pm
      I predicted a 4-1 win but a 3-0 win is good enough.  The quality of the passing in the last two games (AV and Spurs) has been much improved as has the attacking intent shown by manager and players.

Considering the absentees, I would rate this as a pretty good performance, and with no outstanding teams this year, a top 4 spot is definately achievable.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #624: Dec 06, 2010 11:01:26 pm
      how calm is Lucas on the ball though, never rushes anything, just plays the pass, be it constructive or simple keeping possesion pass. A few seasons ago, this would have been a criticism, but now he knows how, where and when to play the right pass in different circumstances.

There was a lot of activity on the Lucas player thread this week, saying he wasen't good enough etc, I wonder what it will be like this week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #625: Dec 06, 2010 11:06:56 pm
      Just got back, F**k me was it cold out there tonight.

Good performance though, Lucas MOTM, although I think Raul and Johnson pushed him close, if Babel played like that every week there would be no complaints about him.

One last thing, if Roy took the shackles off us away from home, we'd be pushing for a top four place easy.

Not sure if its right but Im pretty sure Maxi is wearing what soft footballers call a snood.

What's all this sh*t about snoods, Pepe was wearing one all last winter!!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Satisfaction
      Reply #626: Dec 06, 2010 11:13:10 pm

he's keeper tho, and won't be running around as much so body temperture wouldn't be as high...
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #627: Dec 06, 2010 11:15:18 pm
      Liverpool              Rating
      Pepe Reina                 8
      Paul Konchesky         7
      Sotirios Kyrgiakos    8
      Martin Skrtel         8
      Glen Johnson         8
      Maxi Rodriguez         8
      Lucas                 7
      Raul Meireles         9
      Dirk Kuyt                 8
      Ryan Babel                 8
      David N'Gog         8

Who the f**k does these ratings for sky sports? Do they actually watch the game?

Thought Lucas was great again, massive props to Babel who I thought did very well considering he was thrown in last minute, held it up well. Overall a good performance.

My God it was bloody cold out their tonight.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #628: Dec 06, 2010 11:18:07 pm

Yes, but we like Pepe. So he's allowed to. 

Well done on going the game tonight fella.  Your old man isn't soft is he. ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #629: Dec 06, 2010 11:19:53 pm
      But Pepe makes it look good :)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #630: Dec 06, 2010 11:20:10 pm
      On a different note, first league game Ive been to in a while thats not been sold out..

Guess its down to the weekday and weather conditions though
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #631: Dec 06, 2010 11:22:38 pm
      Very good performance first half.

Very average performance second half.

Becoming a bit of a pattern that. Thought for the most of it though we were very good. Slick passing and good movement was great to see and there were some top individual performances.

Johnson was brilliant at right back. He was fantastic in defence which was great and was unlucky not to get a goal. Seems like he's determined to prove Roy wrong about them comments.

Meireles had another good game. I'm really starting to warm to the lad. He can pass it, dribble with it and throw in a good tackle.

Upfront I thought Babel and Ngog were top class. Great movement and good play almost everytime they got the ball. Ryan especially, he looked up for it at last and his finish was class. This is it for him, he simply has to push on from this and show us what he can do, because we know the talent is there somewhere.

But the man of the match by a mile was Lucas again. He was everywhere, won every tackle and hardly lost the ball. He dictated our play brilliantly and got a great assist for Babel's goal.

Well in to Reina for the 100 clean sheet and congrats to Fernando. Hope all is well too, Mrs Torres.

As some people have touched on, these good performances at home show the ability is there, it just needs to be unleashed more often and more effectively. If we try and do these things away from Anfield, we'd be in and around City's points total for sure but the odds are we will be back to the old sh*te at St James' Park next week so let's enjoy this now!!!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #632: Dec 06, 2010 11:23:31 pm
      Villa were sh*t, but I'll take the three points. Very happy with the team play for the most part.

Someone once said this and I'll never forget it...Kuyt has the touch of a baby elephant. He showed it again tonight.
      And, Konchesky leaves so much to desire, yet again. Skrtel while mostly effective still always seems on the verge of giving one up.

Lucas was awesome. Johnson did great. N'gog & Maxi solid as was Meireles, but Babel got my motm for sheer effort. He was offside for his goal, but that shot was class. He would have a lot more fans if he played like this more often (as HR said).

Well done, Red men. Now carry that momentum onto next weekend. 8th place and rising.

Congrats to Pepe & Nando.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #633: Dec 06, 2010 11:28:35 pm
      Extremely pleased with that performance and the attitude. Was pretty surprised at how little threat Villa were though. We were nice and comfortable for the huge majority of the game and if there's one criticism I would make, it would be that we didn't get a few more goals.

I'd take a clean sheet and three goals every week. Well done red men!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #634: Dec 06, 2010 11:36:49 pm
      Yes, but we like Pepe. So he's allowed to. 

Well done on going the game tonight fella.  Your old man isn't soft is he. ;)

Nope, quiz night and it's F***ing freezing.

Pretty lucky I got a lift sorted through our kid's mate!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #635: Dec 06, 2010 11:41:15 pm
      F**k me was it cold tonight. I can't remember much.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #636: Dec 06, 2010 11:44:08 pm
      F**k me was it cold tonight. I can't remember much.

Funny, Eleven Villa players said the same thing.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #637: Dec 07, 2010 12:11:39 am
      Funny, Eleven Villa players said the same thing.
      And one Pepe Reina.
      Hollidey
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #638: Dec 07, 2010 04:11:00 am
      Lucas, Meireles are awesome partnership!
      Ngog is improving...
      Congrats to Pepe & Nando.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #639: Dec 07, 2010 05:01:47 am
      Just read through the thread & as I've not seen the game, I can't & won't vote for a man of the match.  Bit disappointed though, apart from 2nd half Roy syndrome, Konchesky being Konchesky & Johnson still looking like a camp 'Predator' alien, little else to moan about ;)

I suppose I could moan about the weather.....   :)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #640: Dec 07, 2010 07:03:53 am
       3 points in the bag and on tonight's showing there was never any doubt but really we had enough possession to have scored 6.The more I see of Meireless the more impressed I am with him,his passing is excellent and I cant wait to see him score his first goal for us.Congratulations go to Pepe Reina on his 100 clean sheets and he is deservedly our skipper in the absence of Stevie Gerrard and Carra.At last our goal difference is in the plus ( only just ) after being negative for so long.
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2010 07:48:26 am by Billy1, Reason: Spelt Reina wrong-sorry. »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #641: Dec 07, 2010 07:12:52 am
      Three easy points, as predicted, in a bit of a scrappy game to be honest.

In a mad season in which every team appears to be playing sh*te (to varying degrees) any three points are welcome. I still can't get my head 'round the 'need' for us to sit back and invite teams on - we just don't look comfortable and against better opposition we will be punished. We always look to be at our best when pressing and playing a higher line - fact.

I'm well pleased that our fringe players and lesser lights stepped up to the mark and (once again) proved that this squad ain't just as bad as some would have had us think. There's undoubtedly room for three, maybe four, top quality signings but when used properly the lads we have are able back-up and quite capable.

. ...and a big whoo-hoo for getting into the 'black' in the GD column. >:D
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #642: Dec 07, 2010 08:07:24 am
      3 nil to the Redmen and up to 8th , glad to hear it ;-) I'll watch the replay on Liverpool TV on thursday
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #643: Dec 07, 2010 08:51:57 am
      Just thawed out dam what a cold night. Pleased with the performance good to see babel playing with a bit of passion for a change. Raul impresses me more with each game. We can only beat what is in front of us and let's not forget this Villa side was 2 nil up against the scum a few weeks ago.

Now that we are playing with a lot more confidence I would like to see more of the youth being given a run out. Nice to see Kelly come on at CB but games like that last night I would love to see a Shelvey or Spearing come on in the centre to put their Mark on a game. But thats just picking as a goid performance from the lads.

One thing that does puzzle me, Joe cole always looks like he Is hung over.... Is he actually fit.

Quick Reply