Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (3.2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (6.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (52.2%)
      Raul Meireles
      (14.6%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (1.9%)
      Ryan Babel
      (13.4%)
      David N'gog
      (8.3%)

Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Satisfaction

Read 48589 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Satisfaction
      Reply #667: Dec 08, 2010 01:56:24 pm
      I was just thinking how well Johnson played going forward and How bad Kuyt was. Play Johnson RM at the Toon and Kelly RB. Why not? It could give us a what we are laking away from home, Goals.

I think Johnson was being a little greedy TBH and it was not until late on that he started playing the ball in for someone else, his efforts would have been easy keeps for any keeper, he needs to learn to pass a bit more I think reminds me of a certain Riise who used to do the same (at least Riise' goal ratio was better)

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2010 09:04:52 pm by AJ »
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #668: Dec 08, 2010 04:11:47 pm
      Liverpool 1:Aston Villa 3.....Last seasons score line and well deserved..fast forward a season and it was chalk and cheese...Villa were quite simply appalling.

Liverpool were on the other hand confident and self assured only a few first touches that went astray notably Ngog and Kuyt were disappointing.

This was as easy as it gets and it got quite boring so much so that did any of you notice that huge lull in the game from the time Babble scored to the end of the first half?

This reminded me very much of the West ham game though Villa were slightly better with some good Downing crosses and one from Gabby begging to be finished in the second half but they looked very dispirited and i expected more from them..Allbrighton looks a prospect

But this was again enjoyable because we can see one or two little things happening..Lucas played really well and the team overall just looked really professional regardless of the opposition..

Off topic slightly.....Got back to my car parked and found it had been broken into.

Apparently they've taken the the patrols away from match days because lack of funds...Now where to park my car safely ? any ideas would be gratefully received.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #669: Dec 08, 2010 05:10:58 pm
      Liverpool 1:Aston Villa 3.....Last seasons score line and well deserved..fast forward a season and it was chalk and cheese...Villa were quite simply appalling.

Liverpool were on the other hand confident and self assured only a few first touches that went astray notably Ngog and Kuyt were disappointing.

This was as easy as it gets and it got quite boring so much so that did any of you notice that huge lull in the game from the time Babble scored to the end of the first half?

This reminded me very much of the West ham game though Villa were slightly better with some good Downing crosses and one from Gabby begging to be finished in the second half but they looked very dispirited and i expected more from them..Allbrighton looks a prospect

But this was again enjoyable because we can see one or two little things happening..Lucas played really well and the team overall just looked really professional regardless of the opposition..

Off topic slightly.....Got back to my car parked and found it had been broken into.

Apparently they've taken the the patrols away from match days because lack of funds...Now where to park my car safely ? any ideas would be gratefully received.

Depends what end you park, have tried some of the paid car parks, the one by the supporters club isn't too bad, can't remember if it's still a fiver to park there though.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #670: Dec 08, 2010 05:22:47 pm
      Usually park down one of the side streets near Clarence pub, but its a good 15 minute walk to the stadium.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #671: Dec 08, 2010 05:28:55 pm
      Last year Villa were CL contenders

This year they are bottom half of table

Bear this in mind folks!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #672: Dec 08, 2010 05:39:06 pm
      I think reminds me of a certain Riise who used to do the same (at least Riise' goal ratio was better)
      Well Riise played a lot of times at LM, you just gave me a perfect example as to why we should play our RB as our RM. I know Johnson isn't anywhere as good but Didn't Arry move Bale from Lb to LM? Look how that's turned out.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #673: Dec 08, 2010 09:11:10 pm
      Well Riise played a lot of times at LM, you just gave me a perfect example as to why we should play our RB as our RM. I know Johnson isn't anywhere as good but Didn't Arry move Bale from Lb to LM? Look how that's turned out.

Good point that, but looked how well Aurellio played when they moved him to LM and even in the middle with Masch, the options are there we just need a little creative thinking!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #674: Dec 09, 2010 12:56:49 am

This reminded me very much of the West ham game though Villa were slightly better with some good Downing crosses and one from Gabby begging to be finished in the second half but they looked very dispirited and I expected more from them..Allbrighton looks a prospect

You go to matches and spell Babel as Babble??
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #675: Dec 09, 2010 02:05:02 am
      My fellow Aussie reds anybody know who the wankers calling the game on Fox Sports were? Was rubbing the sleep off my eyes and just tuned in at kick off. Point being how f**king annoyed, sad and depressed did they sound when we went 2-0 up so early?

Mate, I don't know those guys names either but felt the same way as you and thought the same at 2-0 up. If that was United they would have been pulling themselves silly.

As for the game itself, thought Villa were worse than The Hammers.

Top game from Lucas and nice to see Maxi, N'Gog and Babel get on the scoresheet.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #676: Dec 09, 2010 02:18:05 am
      Mate, I don't know those guys names either but felt the same way as you and thought the same at 2-0 up. If that was United they would have been pulling themselves silly.

As for the game itself, thought Villa were worse than The Hammers.

Top game from Lucas and nice to see Maxi, N'Gog and Babel get on the scoresheet.

Yeah mate they both sounded like they were going to cry, then I believe I heard the same two call the United and Valencia game and when Anderson scored they went into ecstassy.

It was the same against the Spurs David F***ing Pleat commentating an ex Spurs player sounded like someone cracked his nuts when we took the lead.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #677: Dec 09, 2010 03:57:15 am
      Kuyt's first touch was noticeably horrible, wasn't it..
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #678: Dec 09, 2010 04:07:38 am
      Last year Villa were CL contenders

This year they are bottom half of table

Bear this in mind folks!

Villa haven't been title contenders at any point during the past 5 years.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #679: Dec 09, 2010 10:02:38 am
      Villa haven't been title contenders at any point during the past 5 years.

Res, he said CL contenders not title contenders....
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #680: Dec 09, 2010 10:08:48 am
      Will summarise the positives :-

-  N'gog looks tougher (but still can improve) and not easily knocked off the ball.
      -  Babel played well, he's much more involved and pretty theathening. He is most effective when near the edge of the box. Should be given more games.
      -  Glen did well (some may not agree), I'd say to Roy change Glen to a right winger and play Kelly at left back. Glen can double up to help Kelly. Save us some dough to pay for a proper left winger.

With our modest budget for January, that'll do for the moment.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010 11:12:15 am by redkop63 »
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #681: Dec 09, 2010 04:34:21 pm
      You go to matches and spell Babel as Babble??

Don't Babble on about it......

Depends what end you park, have tried some of the paid car parks, the one by the supporters club isn't too bad, can't remember if it's still a fiver to park there though.
      Usually park down one of the side streets near Clarence pub, but its a good 15 minute walk to the stadium.

Cheers lads....i'll look for somewhere else...i park in the Asda it was just so disappointing.

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #682: Dec 09, 2010 08:07:48 pm
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #683: Dec 09, 2010 10:19:07 pm
      Aye....yes I had a great view from the main stand and it was great....I'm glad you noticed this because I thought It was brilliant.

I wish we sometimes had that humour when there's no chance of us getting back into a game..it was funny.

Anyway Roll on the 9th of January.... God I hope I get a ticket.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2010 11:46:24 pm by Red Horizon, Reason: spelling mistake »
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #684: Dec 09, 2010 10:39:39 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #685: Dec 10, 2010 12:10:21 am

Yes, thought it was quite boring really, just after their usual ditties about us all being on the dole.

Wouldn't mind, but they are one scruffy bunch of bas**rds.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #686: Dec 10, 2010 12:58:52 am
      Can you imagine Liverpool fans singing lets pretend we scored a goal?
      A club like ours doing that! F***ing never!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #687: Dec 10, 2010 09:03:30 am
      Missed the match nad I have too much reading to catch up on anyone tell me how the likes of Lucas, Babel etc went?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #688: Dec 10, 2010 02:03:43 pm
      Lucas was excellent. Man of match in my opinion. He just never stops working and his passing has improved immensely. A great ball through for Babels goal.
      Babel was also impressive enough and although he was marginally offside for his goal, it was very well taken and he has looked more dangerous playing up top rather than being stuck out on the left where he clearly does not like.

Quick Reply