Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Give Babel the chance.

Read 5388 times
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Re: Give Babel the chance.
      Reply #23: Dec 07, 2010 05:28:36 pm
      As some have already said he's on a decent run of form in the last 2 games so keep him in. If he proves that he is willing to work hard and improve his game like Lucas has he could still fulfill his promise, whether the attitude to do that is there has always been the question with babel imo, so Ryan put down the microphone turn off the laptop and do what you get paid so well to do.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #24: Dec 07, 2010 05:47:17 pm
      I'd like to see him given a bit of time up front. Some have said that he's already had chances there but they have tended to be 'lesser' games with practically a reserve team behind him. When we do play a full strength team, he usually only gets a shot on the wing.
      Before anyone tells me that he is a winger and plays wide for his country etc etc, Babel has said himself that he prefers to play up front so we're most likely to see the best of him there.
      The one factor that bothers me about the idea is the fact that it could limit the chances of other young players having a go so if he is going to be given a run of games, I expect to see 100% effort from him otherwise he can rot.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #25: Dec 07, 2010 06:18:37 pm
      lads, his last two performances were good to be fair. he was 1 league start, 1 league goal.

granted, inconsistency is a big factor in Babel's play but you can only improve your consistency by playing games. 10 mins at the end of the match is not going to do anything for him as he is so eager to impress is those few minutes he is too scared to take any risks and make something happen. he doesn't deserve to be dropped for the next game, if he does play and plays well, well then fair enough, you can say he is inconsistent.

but if he plays and do well, that will be 3 on the bounce, is that still inconsistency?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Dec 07, 2010 06:35:52 pm
      Is correct mate, consistency and Babel are complete strangers.

Which is exactly why Id give a start v Newcastle to see if hes finally getting the finger out or was last night a one off decent bit of effort. He wont become consistent being left out after playing decent
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Dec 07, 2010 06:51:43 pm
      He is a confidence player, he needs faith to be put in him to see the best of him
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #28: Dec 07, 2010 06:54:54 pm
      One of his best performances for me last night, goal, good movement and even chased the ball down a few times.

Maybe he's finally got the message or the fact he's being played up top has given him a massive confidence boost.

Saying that......no good doing it once, must show he can do it over a period of games which looks like he may have the chance to do now.
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #29: Dec 07, 2010 07:33:00 pm
      It would be nice if he finally put in the effort and repaid what he cost us. In my opinion he tries to take on too much unnecessarily, he will run half the pitch take the ball around 4 players then just stupidly runs into a defender when he has options to pass. I also think he is a lazy player and before I get slammed I dont mean every game but he arses around and doesnt chase every ball same could be said about other squad members too.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7189 
      Reply #30: Dec 07, 2010 08:12:49 pm
      He's had nearly 100 chances to proves he has improved over the 3 years he has been here now into his fourth season. Something IS wrong with the guy because he has everything and its easy to see why people still think he can do something for us. But how many chances do you give someone unlike Danni P who hardly gets a look in. It wouldnt surprise me if he went somewhere else and really got his game together but he just can't do it for us.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #31: Dec 07, 2010 09:48:02 pm
      yes looking at his age perhaps all the crap is behind him now. he has the ability,balance,pace. we need younger players coming down the pipeline. play him every week for 10 games and see if he improves.   
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: Dec 07, 2010 09:52:10 pm
      Take his twitter away from him and then we can start talking!
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #33: Dec 07, 2010 10:44:07 pm
      end of the day.
      torres will be back next game, babel will be dropped, hell then tweet about how his going to fight to get back into the team, atleast 2 people on here will start a topic about whether or not he should be playing?
      and then we'll be back to square one.

but still...
      well played tonight ryan... showed us some of your talent.

this is what i put in the ryan babel player thread.
      seriously.... stop with the ryan babel deserves his chance threads!
      the guy is a good player, hes an international and we played £11mil for him. liverpool want a good squad and he is a good squad player. david ngog has so much potential its unreal, him and torres will be roys first pick, so ryan has to be on the bench, enuf of this give him a chance thing, how about a thread.......

lets have ryan on the bench every game untill the last 20mins where he comes on and changes the game.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #34: Dec 07, 2010 11:04:20 pm

lets have ryan on the bench every game untill the last 20mins where he comes on and changes the game.

Err.. nope..

Because few players in the league can change the game from the bench with 20 mins here and there..

Fair enough we shouldn't get too excited about two good games in a row but not many in the team have and even some of those players are regulars.. Tbh both Lucas and Kuyt have been consistently shocking at times but faith was still shown..
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #35: Dec 09, 2010 11:25:42 am
      I realise, he's most effective when near to the edge of the opposition box and I've said it for a long while. With his short lightning pace, he'll outpace and out dribble defenders most of the time. It's most frustrating when he is far away from the opposition penalty box when ne needs to dribble 30 to 40 yards into the opposition box  and defenders will be fast to close him down. I'd say, play him at the same position in the next game while he's on fire. However, we'll also have to bear in mind that the real Bable may not turn up. Whatever it is, he deserves another start that'll do him a world of a good in terms of confidence, otherwise he'll be wondering what he has done wrong. 

Honestly, I wouldn't want to lose him in January, he costed us 11 mil and he has trained with Nando and team for a while and he will team up effectively with Torres and Stevie but Roy has to play them together more often to be more lethal. Again there's no guarantee that a replacement will do any better than Bable.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36: Dec 09, 2010 02:43:07 pm
      Dont think he could play effectively with Nando as they are too similar - either Nando and Ngog or Babel and Ngog.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 09, 2010 02:51:21 pm
      In all honesty we have never seen a string of games with him upfront, would be interesting. But besides his potential ability his attitude is the single big downfall for me, that would have to change for me to give a string of games as the opportunity.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38: Dec 09, 2010 05:07:09 pm
      Is correct mate, consistency and Babel are complete strangers.

Well said Stu.

In answer to the thread question.
      Why?
      He's had three years already.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #39: Dec 09, 2010 07:11:49 pm
      Babel is never going to reach the level we all hoped for when we first signed him. Just a squad player now IMO. I would cash in on him in January.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40: Dec 10, 2010 03:00:09 am
      OK, but as long as we agree this is his last, last, last, last, last, last, last, last, last, last chance.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #41: Dec 10, 2010 03:12:27 am
      OK, but as long as we agree this is his last, last, last, last, last, last, last, last, last, last chance.

Deal ;)

But seriously... last chance Ryan!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Dec 10, 2010 03:52:23 am
      Every time Babel is on the field there's at least one post in the match thread saying it's Babel's last chance... I've seen better players than him have less chances in a top team, and even better servants to the club all of a sudden be seen as useless because of a bad run of form or a bad season (like John Arne Riise, a player I'd still be happy to have, who suddenly became crap cause of an own goal).

I'm incredbly tired of Ryan Babel, Ryan Babel's fans, Ryan Babel's twitter, and all that stuff.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Dec 10, 2010 07:23:19 am
      I had high hopes for Babel when he first arrived, sadly all I see now is a player without a footballing brain and with no heart. I would sell him a.s.a.p and bring in someone who deserves their place in the team, rather than someone who after 3 years is still just a stopgap who "one day" might make a player.   
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #44: Dec 10, 2010 08:44:04 am
      who said babel & nando are too similiar. ;D.

Nando is class in a glass, babel is a lazy shithouse, who plays 1 or 2 good games in 10.

mark my word's his last 2 games were his 2 good games in 10.

We will cash in during summer transfer window.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #45: Dec 10, 2010 04:08:08 pm
      The best deal for all concerned is for Ryan to have an uncharacteristic good spell and we try and recoup or even make a slight raise on what we paid for him, if we want to progress we need players who can put away half chances regularly - how many gift goals has he missed?
      Really used to rate the lad it always seemed that he was honing his talent and the best was yet to come, it hasn't happened for him and we need the finished product now-sorry Ryan the apprenticeship is over.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2010 04:15:23 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply