Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alex Beam - disrespects the 96.

Read 15134 times
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Re: Alex Beam - disrespects the 96.
      Reply #23: Dec 08, 2010 08:24:32 pm
      shocking ,what a complete idiot,moron and asshole,he should be out of the job
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #24: Dec 08, 2010 08:30:45 pm
      Just sent him an email.

"Dear Mr Beam

With regards to your article posted on Boston.com regarding John Henry and Liverpool FC many of us fans were upset and very disappointed by your comments regarding the Hillsborough football stadium disaster in which 96 innoncent Liverpool fans were crushed to death in an area of the stadium due to overcrowding. There was no such riot ever involved in what is one of football's worst disasters. Sadly it is the blatant ignorance of cheap journalism like your own piece which continues to upset not just the victims family's, not just Liverpool FC fans but any loyal, knowledgeble fan of any football club. Because of this lazy journalism it is unlikely you know nothing of English football let alone Liverpool FC so I would suggest that you stop writing articles about issues which you have no idea about before you offend anyone else."

A F***ing moron.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Dec 08, 2010 10:37:36 pm
      This guy is a c**t.

Let's track this f**ker down and make his life a misery.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #26: Dec 08, 2010 10:39:33 pm
      A little too late. Site updated.

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2010/12/07/alex_beam_hardball_in_liverpool/

(via Facebook Help Save Liverpool FC
      Agree with JD, VERY lazy journalism. Even a moron with a 56k Modem and a PC running Windows 3.1 could find the truth about the 96.

I expect this sort of crass rubish from the BS and scum, but not from a professional journalist and and website/newspaper.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Dec 09, 2010 12:29:10 am
      Reds condemn Hillsborough comments

Liverpool Football Club have condemned comments from a journalist who described the Hillsborough disaster as a "riot".

Alex Beam has sparked anger among Liverpool fans for using his column in the Boston Globe to suggest "internet fan sites are still agonising over a 21-year-old soccer riot that killed 96 people."

The newspaper later amended the article online and acknowledged an error had been made.

A Liverpool FC spokesman said: "Mr Beam's comments are disgraceful and ill-informed.

"His newspaper has belatedly recognised this by repeating the findings of Lord Justice Taylor that absolved Liverpool supporters of any blame for the tragedy."

Families of the 96 who died at Hillsborough were understandably outraged when made aware of the article.

Hillsborough Family Support Group spokeswoman Margaret Aspinall, who lost her son James, 18, on the Leppings Lane terraces, said: "It's been nearly 22 years since Hillsborough - why are people still coming out with these things?

"Particularly at this time of year, it's pathetic and just hurts the families and survivors. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

"If you know nothing about Hillsborough and read nothing, then it's best to keep your mouth shut."

"If you want to pass comment, make sure you've read the Taylor Report."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reds-condemn-hillsborough-comments
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Dec 09, 2010 12:30:42 am
      I expect this sort of crass rubish from the BS and scum, but not from a professional journalist and and website/newspaper.

To be fair, I had a read through a lot of the comments and there were a couple of Evertonians, Mancs and Arsenal fans slating this guy.

Fair do's to them.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Dec 09, 2010 01:06:55 am
      To be fair, I had a read through a lot of the comments and there were a couple of Evertonians, Mancs and Arsenal fans slating this guy.

Fair do's to them.

Agreed. One thing from all this that lifts my heart is how much genuine care there is from our on the field enemies.

Still, this guy needs to either come out with a well thought out public apology, or face consequences.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Dec 09, 2010 01:42:35 pm
      Agreed. One thing from all this that lifts my heart is how much genuine care there is from our on the field enemies.

Still, this guy needs to either come out with a well thought out public apology, or face consequences.

I think he's one of those pricks that'll say F**k all and hopes it'll all blow over, noticed on the page, he doesn't have another column until Friday, I wonder if we'll see an apology then?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Dec 09, 2010 02:32:35 pm
      Letter to The Boston Globe – please resend
         By Zahra         (Other posts by Zahra)

To any man amongst you who recognises the value of truth,
      I write this letter with the utmost rage and regret having read an article published in your newspaper and written by one β€˜Mr’ Alex Beam.
      I would firstly like to point out to you that we at Liverpool FC have no qualms in accepting constructive criticism if accompanied by indisputable facts. Slurs against my City and my Club will pain me but I will tolerate if only to honour you with the right to an opinion.
      But the shameful rewriting of history and the vicious attacks against those who now lay defenceless and unable to defend their honour I will not let pass by.
      Your writer tried to besmirch the honour of the 96 fallen souls who were taken from us after committing no crime other than supporting their beloved team. These men, women and children who fell were not violent thugs armed with weapons and with a vendetta to kill! They were armed only with the love of their great club. This tragedy that took them from us, that tore apart so many families, that united a grieving nation – was through no fault of their own.
      Reputations can be made and shattered by the words we speak. There were those in the press so many years ago who saw this great tragedy as an opportunity to spread great lies and make great money. They knowingly stabbed again at the broken hearts of a broken nation only to cause further pain and to humiliate those not deserving of humiliation.
      Yes, we campaigned then against these spreaders of lies and we campaign again today. For though those 96 souls have gone it is our duty to bring justice and ensure their names are never forgotten.
      We are a peaceful people but we exercise our right to campaign against those whose only aim it is to tarnish the memories of our fallen. For this reason, I write this peaceful message to you urging you to take action against your journalist who knowingly stood ready to add to the years of pain and tears by penning his brand of twisted β€˜truth’.
      Know this; at Liverpool FC we are one body, one soul. As you can see, if you hurt us we rise from every corner of the world to defend what we know to be true.
      So I implore of you that you learn from the examples of those before you who dared try to point their withered fingers of blame at our innocent fallen souls – before your own reputation is tarnished forever.

beam@globe.com

http://bostonglobe.com/aboutus/contact_us/default.aspx
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #32: Dec 10, 2010 05:20:09 am

Fair do's to them.

96 people didn't make it home after attending a football match . That is a tragedy in anyones terms regardless of who you support . I looked at the Hillsborough memorial when i was at Anfield last year for the  Liverpool/Arsenal match and reading the names and especially the ages of those unfortunate football fans broke my heart .
      May the 96 never be forgotten :-(
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #33: Dec 10, 2010 05:32:45 pm
      Where's this c**t at? Boston? He better watch his back having been to Boston a few times and seen how many scousers are over there he's not as safe as he thinks.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2010 10:12:19 am by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Dec 15, 2010 05:54:08 pm
      From what I've read about the Boston Globe it's very similar to the rag.  All gossip and no substance.  No real surprise then that they print this sh**e.

It is however owned by the New York Times who as we all know is an investor in NESV.  Which is again weird as the original article was said to have been an attack on John Henry.  Why would they do that?

Anyway the guys a grade A pr**k and maybe he was using Hillsborough to get his name in lights.  Don't rub his ego by sending emails even though we all condemn him to eternal hell fire for his callous words.

LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #35: Dec 15, 2010 06:46:20 pm
      What an absolute fool, someone needs to give he him a smack so he shuts his little journalistic mouth up

Quick Reply