Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 50487 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Anger
      Reply #667: Dec 12, 2010 04:37:45 pm
      I agree the CL is long gone for us and with it probably Torres ,Reina and possibly even Stevie. Where are the owners in all this if I had just spent £300 million I wouldn't want some geriatric has been looking after my investment.It just doesnt add up for me but then again nothing does anymore.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #668: Dec 12, 2010 04:50:24 pm
      I agree the CL is long gone for us and with it probably Torres ,Reina and possibly even Stevie. Where are the owners in all this if I had just spent £300 million I wouldn't want some geriatric has been looking after my investment.It just doesn't add up for me but then again nothing does anymore.

Sadly I have to agree with this .
       Now is the time to bring in a new manager and let him get things sorted for the rest of this season and then hit the ground running come the start of the new season. If we wait , we may have to put up with yet another season out of the Champions League while the new manager changes things to his way .
      Roy is not the manager to take us forward and forward is where we should be heading !
      Will be interesting to see what is said in the question and answer program tomorrow. I really hope that they don't say they will assess things at the end of the season.
      Glad they aren't knee jerkers but things need sorting , 'cos they ain't gonna change any time soon .
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #669: Dec 12, 2010 05:40:20 pm
      I'm just F***ing pissed off with it all at the moment, I just can't get enthusiastic about LFC right now!

Same here.

Still fuming at having to watch another half hearted, embarrassing performance from Liverpool on the road.
      piggott_mourinho
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #670: Dec 12, 2010 05:44:12 pm
      f***in roy!! not a clue how to win an away game
      absoloute shambolic defending from us and lets be honest without carragher we are in big trouble of dropping down the table, skrtel and konchesky were absoloutely terrible inparticular and torres was useless, does he actually want to stay with us or what?
      sell him for 50m and buy 1 world class replacement or 2 very good strikers
      need to get our away form sorted
      we are lucky to have such a nice game next against struggling fulham at anfield next saturday where WE SHOULD BE WINNING again!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #671: Dec 12, 2010 05:46:27 pm
      The thing is its  now become a mental block for the team they dont think they can win away and that is down to Roy no question.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #672: Dec 12, 2010 05:57:30 pm
      I think we have had better away days!

Newcastle deserved that win, we never really got going TBH and even our goal came from a defensive hicup.  Bit of a sea saw season so far, unless we can get our act together now and mount a decent charge for a 3rd/4th place finish, we may as well throw in the towel now!

It's difficult to pick one player who was half decent yesterday, Johnson I guess or Kraggy maybe? but even he struggled at times as did Skrtel when that Ranger came on! (he looks pretty sharp too and will probably be playing for ManC soon ;D)

Reina 6 looked beaten early on and never really looked like he was in control, also a few questionable decisions made from a stand in captain!

Johnson 7 I'm not the biggest Johnson fan as some may have noted, but he did look like the only who wanted something from the game and tried to get forward a bit more often.

Skrtel 5 Had an average game IMO which looked even worse when that young lad came on for the Magpies

Kraggy 5.5 Didn't have a awful game and almost got on t'score sheet from a header at one point, but still lacked the standard of defending we have come to expect from Carra and indeed Agger (whats his beef anyway, is he staying or what?)

Konchesky 4 Only got a start cos he polishes Woy's shoes, stop f**king about and get Aurelio back in there, could have used him to take that set piece Nando fluffed actually!

Maxi 5 After his excellent form in the world cup and last week V Villa I was expecting better from him, I guess he will come good in the end though

Merilesh 6 I like Raul he reads the game well and gets himself into decent positions, but as with any player if the support is not there, you can't do it all yourself!

Lucas 4.5 Sorry to say he is showing signs of his inexperience again, just a blip and he should get back to the new improved Lucas v soon.

Kuyt 5 With the exception of the goal even he was pretty anonymous yesterday, not like him at all!

Torres 4 I guess he's just tired from the constant attention he has been giving his new baby, can't really use the old "not back to full fitness" excuse now I don't think, he needs to return to scoring for his own sake more than the clubs

N'Gog 4 Saw him on the team sheet............
      « Last Edit: Dec 12, 2010 06:15:11 pm by AJ »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #673: Dec 12, 2010 06:00:09 pm
      f***in roy!! not a clue how to win an away game
      absoloute shambolic defending from us and lets be honest without carragher we are in big trouble of dropping down the table, skrtel and konchesky were absoloutely terrible inparticular and torres was useless, does he actually want to stay with us or what?
      sell him for 50m and buy 1 world class replacement or 2 very good strikers
      need to get our away form sorted
      we are lucky to have such a nice game next against struggling fulham at anfield next saturday where WE SHOULD BE WINNING again!

I'm tired of saying this, but when you've got a manager playing you like Emile Heskey, wouldn't you be feeling just a bit pissed off?

And to be honest I don't see where carra would have helped yesterday, he would of got done yesterday by Carroll and that Ranger and if anything our play from the back was a little better, only a little mind, cos we still had Kryton and The Greek hoofing it down field, Carra would of been just the same, because the manager has asked them to do it!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #674: Dec 12, 2010 06:00:27 pm
      Never had such little interest in other Premiership results well done Roy, your killing our love of football.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #675: Dec 12, 2010 06:05:13 pm
      The only player's who would have made a difference yesterday IMO are Gerrard and Agger. The marking and tracking back was a disgrace.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #676: Dec 12, 2010 06:17:49 pm
      Was at the game yesterday, in amongst the mags baying for Ashley's blood, game should have been our's for the taking, once again another abject performance on our travels, lets us down. The irritating thing is if we had a half decent away record we would be up there near the top of the table.
      NESV have to pull the trigger and do away with Hodgson ASAP, because there is no way he should be allowed a massive budget to squander on the types of garbage that he has brought to the club -Raul excepted-. Fair play he has done well so far in the Europa league but his away record would get him the boot at 99% of clubs in the league, why should we be any different. he doesnt seem to motivate players, not one of them yesterday seemed even half arsed, about the way things were going. If plan A is going wrong there is no alternative.
      The defence as well was diabolical, all 3 goals conceded were the sorts of goal Newcastle would have conceded under Joe Kinnear.
      I wait with baited breath to hear what Henry has to say about that performance on LFC tomorrow
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #677: Dec 12, 2010 06:38:01 pm
      We have only had two away wins in 2010: Rafa"s era inclusive (I Think).

There is something clearly wrong with the team's mentality when we play away games.

We also need players that play their heart out for the club; so no knocking Lucas calling him average.

The biggest gift Liverpool FC has is also unfortunately the biggest curse; kinda like Jay Z's "Blueprint 2". Torres. He has bee phenomenal - so how does a manager bench a player that can switch from Dr Jeckyl to Mr Hyde and kill of the opposition?

In retrospect, we can say Torres didn't do well and Babel should have been there in his place; unfortunately, while Torres can just be so amazing, Babel can just turn out to be shyt at times.

We lost this game more because of missed chances + the power play of the Newcastle players, they bullied us off the ball rather brutishly. The only players that responded well to that, Sotis; got penalized for his efforts.

Is it me, or does Andy Carrol go down easily?
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #678: Dec 12, 2010 06:46:38 pm
      We had the players out there to wipe the floor with Newcastle and we didn't, There surely can't be no coincidence in that we play like Fulham did and like them there are no away wins bar a lucky one at Bolton. I have never felt so lethargic about the team since Souness was in charge.

Yesterday was bad, no leader, no inspiration from anyone and as is usual we played Roys system 5 - 5 -0 so we gave up having an attack and played everyone in our own half (knee jerk, sorry folks), when we should take the game to them, although I rate Carrol the rest of their team are ordinary so what does that say for our players, these same players who two years ago put this team to the sword, then we hired Hodgson, nothing personal Roy it's just that I find you a very ave. manager
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #679: Dec 12, 2010 07:35:20 pm
      Well, thank God I went to a gig last night that I loved every second of. Made me forget about Liverpool and the result.

What the F**k is going on. Seriously. Every time we look like progressing...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #680: Dec 12, 2010 08:00:41 pm
      The tactics were clearly to blame for yesterday, Tomkins has a decent article on it today
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #681: Dec 12, 2010 08:17:03 pm
      The only good news is inspite of this being a nasty/disgraceful/surreal  season to date, we are only 2 points behind Sunderland for 6th spot and if Chelski beat "arry today, we are only 4 points behind Spurs for 5th spot.
      But that all our season is about if someone dose this, or that. When will it come down to what we as Lverpool Football Club do!.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #682: Dec 12, 2010 08:29:28 pm
      Gutted yesterday. Trying to forget it today. Not just cause we lost (well bet in the end) to a team I thought we could beat. But because there doesn't seem to be much light at the end of the tunnel. Roy will not be the man to bring us a title. Top4, I thought maybe. But there was point in the 2nd half yesterday were Newcastle really got on top, some of our players had gone missing, and Roy did nothin at all. Ngog had to get injured for him to make a change. He's not a decisive fella, to cautious and slow to react. Subsitutions are late, particularly in away games.
      I actually thought we played the better football. But Newcastle stuffed us with a couple of long balls, game over. Don't think their game plan is any secret, hit Carroll and collect knock downs. Fucks sake. And we can't deal with that?!?!
      But the players got to take some responsibility. Torres was terrible. He looks like a different guy. The Torres from 2 seasons ago, were the F**k is he gone!! Between him and Ngog, they're not offering us enough up front. I actually don't think the midfield 4 are doing all that bad considering, plus SG and Carra are out - it's not like we're creating zero chances, and we had a few again yesterday that again we didn't take.
      We need to sign a decent striker (ot two) in Jan to stand any chance of finishing the season strongly.
      Roy might very well be on borrowed time, but I don't think even a big name coming in would now be able to make top4 with the squad we have. Look at Shitty, they're looking pretty strong now, we're a ways of that kinda form. But what will the owners do? If I was them I wouldn't be giving Roy much to spend in the Jan window. It was always gonna be tough for him, can't see him being here next year unless there is some miraculous turnaround.
      But to go back to Nando, I'm a huge fan and I understand strikers go thro barren spells, but it's frustrating to see his body language out there at the moment. OK, maybe the teams not doing great and you might think some of the players aint up to it, but get the F**k out there put people under pressure, keep the chin up and if you're low on confidence, put your F***ing foot through the ball when you have a shooting chance. Fight.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #683: Dec 12, 2010 09:29:21 pm
      Hodgson and his substitutions are becoming a joke the only time he uses the squad is to run the clock down , that's if we are winning and if we are not winning the squad sits there watching.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #684: Dec 12, 2010 09:59:49 pm
      Never had such little interest in other Premiership results well done Roy, your killing our love of football.

I know exactly what you mean.

Stopped watching highlights as much, stopped watching football in general as much, stopped posting on here as much and it feels like I'm losing interest in my club.

Something needs to give. Things were so much better with Rafa.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #685: Dec 12, 2010 10:02:30 pm
      ^ Noticeable how Sky used to moan and mock because Rafa wouldn't make his changes till the 60th minute and this season they've gone all quiet.

Gobshites.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #686: Dec 12, 2010 10:05:37 pm
      ^ Noticeable how Sky used to moan and mock because Rafa wouldn't make his changes till the 60th minute and this season they've gone all quiet.

Gobshites.

And not a peep at how awful our man marking at set pieces have been.  But I didn't expect them to.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #687: Dec 12, 2010 10:13:49 pm
      Things were so much better with Rafa.

Sometimes it's just the little things, that cheeky smile and wink he used to give coming into press conferences, the barely half-arsed acknowledgement that we had scored a goal (nothing forced, unlike some) and the unerring ability to send the whole of the English sports media into a pack of rabid dogs frothing at the mouth.

I miss them days!

So who's starting the Utrecht thread?  :'(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #688: Dec 12, 2010 10:56:07 pm
      MOTD2 on now.

Don't know why I do this to myself.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058