Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 50494 times
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Re: Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Anger
      Reply #690: Dec 12, 2010 11:38:17 pm
      Quiz time:

When during yesterday's game Roy was caught on the telly doing his face rub thing, mumbling under his breath and staring to his right with an angry look on his face and also staring off into the middle distance before mumbling "I dont f**king believe it".

Who was the target of his vitriol?

Was it:

a) Konchesky for shitting out of the first tackle
      b) Konchesky who again failed to follow a run inside by the right midfielder.
      c) Kyrgiakos for losing the first header
      d) Skrtel for letting Ranger muscle past him
      e) Johnson for not covering across quick enough
      f) Kyrgiakos for not getting back and covering
      g) Reina for not getting out quick enough
      h) The entire defence for letting in a sh*te second goal
      I) The entire team for not being good enough to get into the top half of the table.
      j) Rafa for leaving him with such a sh*t squad of only 23 full internationals
      k) Daniel Agger for wanting to play football
      l) Fabio Aurelio because he's made of glass

Also who's fault was the third goal, when we were a man short in defence because Kyrgiakos had been sent forward to try and win flick on's?

a) Kyrgiakos for not winning a header
      b) Reina for letting the shot in.
      Nah my moneys on, hed just found out Montse and the rest of the  Benitez family had just landed at JLA, Fu.ckin hell not them again, just when i thought it was safe to twit that  spanish fella comes twooin .
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #691: Dec 12, 2010 11:41:52 pm
      The left side of our defence is terrible.. Both Konchesky and Skrtel are as sh*t as eachother!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #692: Dec 12, 2010 11:45:07 pm
      Dire awful and dire again still discussed at that game.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #693: Dec 13, 2010 12:37:25 am
      Joey Barton set to face FA rap for obscene Liverpool FC gestures
      Joey Barton is expected to face further disciplinary charges after making explicit gestures during Liverpool's 3-1 defeat to Newcastle United.

The Football Association will decide tomorrow whether to take action against the controversial midfielder following a series of crude actions during an altercation with Fernando Torres during last night's game at St James Park.

Barton, who has a history of discipline problems, netted Newcastle's second goal but was involved in a series of confrontations with Liverpool players and the findings of referee Lee Mason's match report will determine whether charges are pressed.

“Essentially what will happen for an incident like that is that the FA will wait for the referee’s report", an FA spokesman explained.

"If the referee includes something about incident and that he had seen it but it hadn’t warranted a caution then he may not get sanctioned at all.

“The disciplinary people will sit down and if they need to get video evidence they will do. If there is other video evidence suggesting that he did break the rules then there is a chance that an investigation might take place.”

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1211807-joey-barton-set-to-face-fa-rap-for-obscene-liverpool-fc-gestures.html
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #694: Dec 13, 2010 12:45:28 am
      I know exactly what you mean.

Stopped watching highlights as much, stopped watching football in general as much, stopped posting on here as much and it feels like I'm losing interest in my club.

Something needs to give. Things were so much better with Rafa.

Oh my god, do I know where you're coming from.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #695: Dec 13, 2010 12:54:04 am
      Storms.  Golden Sky.

Two months ago the club was facing extinction.  Together we beat that one.

Now our main problem is that we have a clueless moron in charge.  That can be easily solved.

YNWA.
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #696: Dec 13, 2010 12:58:52 am
      I'm not anti Rafa but I do think we need to move on from him guys.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #697: Dec 13, 2010 01:13:58 am
      I'm not anti Rafa but I do think we need to move on from him guys.

People have moved on.

But it's understandable that people's natural comparison will be, when it comes to football, to the preceding seasons.  I think everyone knows that Benitez isnt coming back.

People are only highlighting that we are plunging backwards.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #698: Dec 13, 2010 01:39:30 am
      Anyway for the match, it's not good enough. The players aren't good enough and the tactics aren't good enough. The most worrying thing is the mindset of the players and/or the manager. We don't play like we should be feared anymore, we play like we're a F***ing no mark club.

We're still the biggest club in world football. We're still Liverpool Football Club and we should still be F***ing feared by every other c**t in this League. If the players and/or manager don't realise this (and trust me, some of the players don't - it's not all Hodgson's fault) then they should do the honourable thing and F**k off. Shitting yourself against Newcastle? F**k me, that's hitting rock bottom. Where the F**k has the pride gone?

I don't see any of those players hurting. They just couldn't give a F**k because after the game they swan off to their nice flashy homes with a nice big fat cheque in their pocket. Nah, they don't care. Why should they put in the effort for a few thousand travelling fans as well as the rest around the world? Why should they show a bit of passion for the shirt they're wearing? They don't hurt.

Defence couldn't cope with Carroll in the air. Skrtel was made to look like the div kid in school by that Ranger. Ran him F***ing raggered he did. Midfield was shocking. And up top they couldn't finish. Both Ngog (header) and Torres (sitter) missed easy chances. But ah well, never mind eh lads? Nice round of golf should clear your heads. Or 90k a week should soften the blow. Nothing to worry about.

First goal was bollocks defending. Don't know who decided to let Carroll have a free header at the ball or who was picking Nolan's run up. They're two most potent goal threats and we leave them unmarked. Great F***ing idea that lads. Barton's was a shambles defensively. Not one of them knew what they were doing. And the third, great strike - credit where it's due. But whose picking him up? 20-25 yards from goal and neither of our central midfielders or any of our four defenders are near him? All pissing about in a straight line on the 18 yard line but not one of them thinks of closing the shot down. Nah, that's too difficult for this lot of players. Lets just wait and see what happens when he's kicked the ball, that's this lots mentality.

I said it in the summer, I wouldn't be broken hearted to see a clearance of the sh*t dead wood players we've got starting for us - let alone the squad players. And come January, there's a F***ing shed load I'd be happy to see gone. This season is a write off, we're not gonna win the League and our away form isn't good enough to get into the top four. So throw the kids in for the last half of the season, give them four or five months and see which few of them are ready to be part of next year's set up. Because it's as clear as day that many of this first team squad aren't good enough or don't deserve to be here next year.

I'd rather lose with a bunch of lads hungry and passionate than this bunch of overrated fucks. Alls Liverpool fans ask for is give 100%, some of those that played yesterday didn't even give 50%. I'm sick to me back teeth of finding excuses for them or passing the blame elsewhere. Some of them simply aren't good enough. And until we get players fighting for the cause again, we'll never return to the summit of world football.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #699: Dec 13, 2010 01:44:17 am
      While I agree with your points, every player in the Premier League can wander off to their flash houses/cars/women after the game.  The majority of these players almost won the league for us two seasons ago.

I see a group of relatively talented players way way under-performing.

When that happens, the buck can only ever stop with one man.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #700: Dec 13, 2010 01:53:12 am
      While I agree with your points, every player in the Premier League can wander off to their flash houses/cars/women after the game.  The majority of these players almost won the league for us two seasons ago.

The players have to take a huge chunk of responsibility aswel.
      I hate the way these days if a team is under-performing, the manager automatically is at fault.
      Can the players ever take teh flack?
      I'm not a fan of Roy but he cant put the ball in the net.
      At Spurs Maxi and Torres should have won us the game and at 1-1 on Saturday, Torres had a very tame effort saved by Krul.

Under-performing players is down to management but it is down to them too and they have under performed under not just Roy but Rafa aswel last season.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #701: Dec 13, 2010 01:55:52 am
      The majority of these players almost won the league for us two seasons ago.

Exactly, I'm sick of 'neutrals' telling me its an awful squad and that we have no chance of forth. I'd say the squad we have is more than capable of coming forth.

To Hodgson's credit he seems to have gotten some good performances out of Ngog, but he was already improving last year. I think the Ngog example illustrates a point however, Roy has managed to get a little bit more out of a player who is young and, more importantly, relatively inexperience. But those experienced players in the squad seem to be under-performing, which indicates that he is not getting through to these players.

Maybe, like most of us think, Roy is only capable of working with players of limited ability and getting them to over-perfor. But with players of quality his underdog mindset is not one which inspires any confidence in his abilities and therefore they under-perform.

Its not that Roy is a useless manager, he is just a limited one. To get average players to play better under little pressure is suited to his talents but to get good players to perform at their level is not.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #702: Dec 13, 2010 01:57:06 am
      While I agree with your points, every player in the Premier League can wander off to their flash houses/cars/women after the game.

True.

The majority of these players almost won the league for us two seasons ago.

How many though mate?

Those that played against Newcastle - Johnson, Sotis, Konchesky, Maxi, Meireles, Jovanovich weren't at the club. 5 out of the starting XI and one of the two subs we made? Almost half the players used against Newcastle weren't at the club when we nearly won the League. Skrtel, Torres, Ngog, Lucas, Babel played a part in less than 30 League games each in 08/09 with Babel's 27 (most from the bench I'd imagine) being the highest out the lot. Out of those that played yesterday, only Reina and Kuyt were mainstays in the Premiership side of 08/09 - though Torres was when fit.

I don't mate. I see a group of relatively average players way way under-performing.

It does stop with the manager. Though the players are accountable themselves and that's why I wouldn't hesitate selling a fair few of them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #703: Dec 13, 2010 02:01:43 am
      It does stop with the manager. Though the players are accountable themselves and that's why I wouldn't hesitate selling a fair few of them.

Don't get me wrong my man.  No question we are carrying some poor (by LFC standards players).  I'd be more than happy for some clingers-on to be removed in January. However, I look at a lot of them and think that the tactics are stifling our play.

There is no cohesion in the team and no fire in the belly.  At home, the fans can help.  Away, it's more the manager's responsibility.

I am 100% convinced that under a better manager we would not have spawnily won 1 game out of 9 away from Anfield with the set of players we have.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #704: Dec 13, 2010 02:02:45 am
      We are level on points with F***ing Blackpool!!!
      Who have a game in hand.
      Not at all acceptable.
      The team is not good enough but it is better than what it is showing!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #705: Dec 13, 2010 05:25:24 am
      Our players we had in '05 should never have won the Champions League. But we did.

We may not have the best team in the league, and have a few average players - but in no way should they be performing this badly, nor are that bad as a 3-1 loss at Newcastle.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #706: Dec 13, 2010 06:28:08 am
      Our players we had in '05 should never have won the Champions League. But we did.

We may not have the best team in the league, and have a few average players - but in no way should they be performing this badly, nor are that bad as a 3-1 loss at Newcastle.

That shows the difference between the manager we had then, and the manager we have now.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #707: Dec 13, 2010 09:08:01 am
      Don't get me wrong my man.  No question we are carrying some poor (by LFC standards players).  I'd be more than happy for some clingers-on to be removed in January. However, I look at a lot of them and think that the tactics are stifling our play.

There is no cohesion in the team and no fire in the belly.  At home, the fans can help.  Away, it's more the manager's responsibility.

I am 100% convinced that under a better manager we would not have spawnily won 1 game out of 9 away from Anfield with the set of players we have.

I'd go along with that mate. And I'm sure we all feel there's better managers than Roy Hodgson around. But lets not forget, our away form has been a disgrace all calendar year not just the past three or four months.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,014 posts | 3352 
      Reply #708: Dec 13, 2010 09:15:28 am

The team in 05 had a reliable back four - when Riise played left back instead of Traore - three world class central midfielders - Stevie, Didi, Xabi. As well as the wide men who'd chip in going forward. Especially Luis Garica. The weak point of that side was the keeper, regardless of the saves Dudek made in Istanbul, he was still an unsafe pair of hands. Even had a few dodgy moments in the final. The forwards had a pretty poor season that year.

Now, we have a reliable keeper, an unsure defence, a pretty average midfield and a misfiring forward line. At least in 04/05 we had five forwards on the books (Baros, Cisse, Pongolle, Mellor, Morientes - though cup tied) so if one wasn't firing we could always bring somebody else in. Now, if Torres is misfiring, like he is at the moment, we have Ngog as our only recognisable first team forward as both Kuyt and Babel have spent more time on the wing than up top in their Liverpool career.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #709: Dec 13, 2010 09:36:51 am
      Under-performing players is down to management but it is down to them too and they have under performed under not just Roy but Rafa aswel last season.

What exactly are you saying PG?

Is it:

i) Benitez should still be here because it was the players fault?  or

ii) Hodgson should be sacked; same as Benitez, for not rectifying the problem?

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #710: Dec 13, 2010 10:10:40 am
      Shambolic. Shameful.

And sadly, par for the course when we are not at Anfield. Maybe if NESV went to an away game, they may see what we see - that Woy is just not up to the task.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #711: Dec 13, 2010 10:11:28 am
      I was there on Saturday night,after the game i felt utterly humiliated and hurt.What a pathetic display from the players and the management.What really did it for me was Sammy Lee jumping up and having a go at the players in about the 40th minute and f*cking Hodgsen standing there playing with his chin again.You can understand the team having an off day but that on Saturday night was a disgrace.How can we play so bad away from home,it has to be something to do with the management.To some it up Clueless!
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #712: Dec 13, 2010 11:52:13 am
      Gutless Performance.  I have strong feeling we are f***ed this season and I don't swear so often.

Quick Reply