Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 50489 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Anger
      Reply #713: Dec 13, 2010 12:53:57 pm
      if we played as a team and played for 90 minutes we be farther up the table. no player  is accountable so what can u expect they have a bad game and no reduction in earnings.these players are being paid very high wages for performances in the past. torres is a good example cant score with a gaping goal in front of him
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #714: Dec 13, 2010 01:27:05 pm
      Just had a native scouser knock on the door with a package down here in the westcountry and he was wearing a Liverpool shirt. I said "nice shirt mate", he said "you taking the mick or something?!" Apparently most people the whole morning had been giving him stick because of the Newcastle game!

It's come to something when you get ripped for wearing the shirt because of where you are in the league. Can't wait for things to start picking up!
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #715: Dec 13, 2010 03:05:28 pm
      I wonder what Hodgson has to do for NESV to sack him?

I can't believe he still has a job at Anfield  :mad:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #716: Dec 13, 2010 03:11:33 pm
      What exactly are you saying PG?

Is it:

I) Benitez should still be here because it was the players fault?  or

ii) Hodgson should be sacked; same as Benitez, for not rectifying the problem?

I'm saying Rafa should still be here because I think the players were at fault more than him last season.
      We came 2nd and then 7th. Yes, we lost Alonso but we should not have dropped that many places.
      Rafa did not just become a poor manager over night.

And now Hodgson is here and imo he is taking too much of the flack when a lot of the responsibility lies with the players.
      As I said before, if people were finishing off chances we would have beaten Spurs and Newcastle.
      It is not his fault that Skrtel is sh*t but it is his fault that Konchesky starts.

I blame the playersmore than the manager.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #717: Dec 13, 2010 06:59:00 pm
      I'm saying Rafa should still be here because I think the players were at fault more than him last season.
      We came 2nd and then 7th. Yes, we lost Alonso but we should not have dropped that many places.
      Rafa did not just become a poor manager over night.

And now Hodgson is here and imo he is taking too much of the flack when a lot of the responsibility lies with the players.
      As I said before, if people were finishing off chances we would have beaten Spurs and Newcastle.
      It is not his fault that Skrtel is sh*t but it is his fault that Konchesky starts.

I blame the playersmore than the manager.

Fair enough but ultimately the buck can only stop with one man and that man tends to be the manager.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #718: Dec 13, 2010 07:03:19 pm
      Fair enough but ultimately the buck can only stop with one man and that man tends to be the manager.
      See thats my problem.
      I think shouldnt stop with just one man.
      One man can only do so much and the players need to take responsibility aswel.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #719: Dec 14, 2010 02:52:14 pm
      See thats my problem.
      I think shouldnt stop with just one man.
      One man can only do so much and the players need to take responsibility aswel.

There's a difference between taking responsibility and the 'buck stops here' PG.

Ultimately the buck can only stop with one person. That person (Hodgson in this case) is charged with giving each player a role/responsibility, making sure they carry it out and sanctioning them if they don't.

How he goes about it is down to him but if he can't get individual players to preform or fulfill their responsibility the buck must stop with him. Similarly, if the team is under-performing as a whole; he must be held accountable.

Many on here, if we're all being honest, feared the worst prior to the game. We feared the worst because recent history has conditioned us to do just that.

It could be successfully argued that our away form, last season cost us a Champions League place and our then manager his job. To put it another way; the buck stopped with him. One would assume that if our away form cost us so dear last season then a simple solution would be to employ someone who's role, quite simply, was to improve on that form.

With the minimum of research those charged with finding a manager to do just that should have seen that Roy's pedigree dictated that he was wrong for the job at hand. The buck for that decision would have stopped with them but as H & G and Purslow have moved on, no-one is accountable; therefore the buck stops nowhere.

Like it or not, agree with it or not; if Hodgson can't get the players to live up to their responsibilities, it's him that is failing and it's him that should go. It's now only a question of when.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #720: Dec 14, 2010 03:13:58 pm
      If it was the players who couldnt play away from home surely Roy could back this up by stating ho whis teams had done away from home.
      Sadly Roy has probably one of the worst away records of any manager in Football.
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #721: Dec 14, 2010 03:17:36 pm
      If it was the players who couldnt play away from home surely Roy could back this up by stating ho whis teams had done away from home.
      Sadly Roy has probably one of the worst away records of any manager in Football.

Not probably, it is :(

Quick Reply