Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Reds players on loan

Read 28615 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reds players on loan
      Jul 22, 2007 03:56:58 pm
      Use this thread to post any details of how any of our players are performing whilst out on loan.

Players out on loan to date are :-

Danny Guthrie - Loaned to Bolton FC for 07/08 season.
      Godwin Antwi - Loaned to Hatlepool FC for 07/08 season.
      Paul Anderson - Lonaed to Swansea FC for 07/08 season.
      Adam Hammill -  Loaned to Southampton  FC for 07/08 season.
      Lee Peltier - Loaned to Yeovil Town FC for 07/08 season.
      Miki Roque - Loaned to Xerez FC for 07/08 season.
      Scott Carson - Loaned to Aston Villa FC for 07/08 season.
      Jimmy Ryan - Loaned to Shrewsbury FC for 1 month.
      Robbie Threlfall - Loaned to Hereford United FC for 1 month.

On loan winger from Liverpool - Paul Anderson, believes his super speed will be just the ticket when the new football season starts on August 11th.

Anderson's natural pace has given Swansea manager Roberto Martinez extra options in midfield and could be the key to success in his hunt for promotion to the Championship.

Like Martinez, Anderson is also a fan of floor based football rather than the route one approach of Martinez's predecessor - Kenny Jacket.

Paul Anderson said:

"I was definitely up there with the fastest. Not many would beat me in a sprint; Craig Bellamy was probably faster and Mark Gonzales."

"When I was 13 I could do the 100m in 12 seconds ā€“ Iā€™m not sure what time I could do now, but I know Iā€™m faster."

"And Iā€™ve seen the massive pitch at the Liberty, which will suit my speed greatly ā€“ but Iā€™d like to think thereā€™s more to my game than just pace."

"Iā€™ve got every hope of making it at Liverpool. Iā€™m still only 18 but to make the break- through at a club like Liverpool you need to be ready for that step up."

"Iā€™ve been playing reserve football and itā€™s not a bad standard when you come up against international players."

"But Rafa and I both wanted this move to happen ā€“ the club wouldnā€™t allow it last year, but when Swansea came in last month it was the right time."

"After the deal went through a lot of people mentioned the Spanish connection to me."

"I think some of the younger Spanish lads know the gaffer and thereā€™s definitely the same philosophy at the clubs."

"Rafa and Roberto have got the same ideas for football and thatā€™s why this move probably happened."

"They both want to get the ball on the floor and play it and it suits the players they have. Theyā€™re very similar in that sense."

"Iā€™ve certainly not given up on making it and thatā€™s why I want to do well at Swansea and give myself that chance."
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2008 12:24:02 pm by mrtommo »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Reds players on loan - 2007/08 Loan Watch
      Reply #1: Jul 22, 2007 08:30:58 pm
      Good to see him at Swansea - will certainly make for an interesting game if they come up against Cardiff and Fowler.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jul 22, 2007 09:42:43 pm
      Yeah, hopefully this will give Anderson some valuable first team football, in a phyiscal league and he can grow in confidence. He always has looked like a confident fella and likes to take people on, from when I've watched him. But this can make him take a step up and hopefully when he comes back, he'll be knocking on the first team's door for us.

As for Guthrie, I wonder how often he'll figure for Bolton? Sammy obviously knows him well so I hope he gets a lot of first team action. It seems weird to me when we have one of our players on loan at another Premiership club.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #3: Jul 22, 2007 10:01:55 pm
      Might nip down to Tranmere v Swansea to 'personally' scout Paul Anderson.  I've heard some good things about him.  Would like to see for myself ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #4: Jul 22, 2007 10:03:12 pm
      Oh Court you glory hunter, going to watch Tranmere  ::)  ;)
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • ā€œLiverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.ā€
      Reply #5: Jul 23, 2007 07:42:01 am
      Adam Hammill - Southampton - season long

Hammill had a good game a few days ago for the Saints, in there 4-1 win over Kvik Halden, he made 1 goal and scored 1, the 1 he scored was a run from the half way line, took on a few players, crossed the ball to Rasiak who in turn gave it back in the area, and Hammill scored from 8 yards, he also hit the bar in this game.

Adam Hammill will miss the next  game for the saints, the manager Burley said Hammill calf was tightening in there match with Bournemouth so was taken off a half time, he will miss the match with Exeter tonight, so he can rest it for a few days.

It sounds like he is off to a good start at the Saints.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #6: Jul 23, 2007 09:44:10 am
      Adam Hammill - Southampton - season long

Hammill had a good game a few days ago for the Saints, in there 4-1 win over Kvik Halden, he made 1 goal and scored 1, the 1 he scored was a run from the half way line, took on a few players, crossed the ball to Rasiak who in turn gave it back in the area, and Hammill scored from 8 yards, he also hit the bar in this game.

Adam Hammill will miss the next  game for the saints, the manager Burley said Hammill calf was tightening in there match with Bournemouth so was taken off a half time, he will miss the match with Exeter tonight, so he can rest it for a few days.

It sounds like he is off to a good start at the Saints.

Thanks for that Graham, exactly what is needed in this thread.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #7: Jul 26, 2007 07:48:39 am
      Danny Guthrie - Bolton Wanderers - season long

Danny Guthrie played in Boltons friendly against Hibs(Scottish Prem)

Bolton lost 3.0

I cant find out a lot about Danny up to now, the bit i can find out is that he had a good solid game in Bolton midfield, he played for 57Min's. When i do find out more i will let you know.

Bolton play Tranmere on Sat. at Prenton Park, lets hope Danny plays.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #8: Jul 29, 2007 06:26:13 pm
      Yeovil Town have signed Liverpool midfielder Lee Peltier on loan.
      He made his Glovers debut in central midfield in Saturday's friendly against Bristol City at Ashton Gate, which finished in a 2-2 draw.

The 20-year-old, who can also play in defence, has not yet appeared in the Premier League for Liverpool.

However, he has made three League Cup and one Champions League starts, and had a seven-game loan spell at Championship side Hull last season.

graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #9: Aug 02, 2007 07:47:50 am
      Danny Guthrie - Bolton Wanderers - season long

Danny played in Bolton match on Wed. night, Bolton won 3.0.

Its looks like Danny had a good game and nearly scored.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #10: Aug 15, 2007 08:43:26 pm
      Liverpool have loaned out young defender Miquel Roque to Spanish side Xerez.

The highly-rated stopper will spend the whole of the forthcoming season at the Segunda Liga outfit according to Sky Sports.

Roque arrived at Liverpool in the summer of 2005 from Spanish second tier side Lleida.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is happy to loan out Roque so that he can gain valuable first-team experience as he is unlikely to feature much in Benitez's plans this term.

Roque is happy to join Xerez and he hopes the experience of playing regularly will boost his chances of making the breakthrough at Anfield.

"I am very happy with this chance," said Roque. "In Spain I will get more continuity and obtain more experience to be in perfect condition for playing in England.

"My dream is to be a regular in Liverpool and now this is the best option to me.

"Xerez is one of the biggest clubs in this league and I hope to have success here."

Liverpool Winger Debut Goal.

Swansea finally ended their eight year long Carling Cup jinx on Tuesday night as they beat Walsall 2-0 in the opening tie of the competition.

The victory was made all the more sweeter with a superb debut goal from Liverpool lonee Paul Anderson and another from striker Jason Scotland.

Swansea manager Roberto Martinez had made seven changes to the squad that had faced Oldham last weekend.

Roberto Martinez said:

"You can't do it on 12 or 13 players because the whole squad has an important role to play."

"We set out to win every match and the Carling Cup is no different."

"Every member of my squad will play a massive role for us this season and you can see even in the training sessions that they all want to be winners."

"I was very pleased with the way the boys performed and we won it with two quality strikes from two different types of players."

"Paul Anderson is mature beyond his 19 years,
      while Jason Scotland has scored two goals now that are out of this league."
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2007 01:40:11 pm
      This Paul Anderson is a gun....How many years before you think he can play first football? (Because I have no doubt, with his current growth curve, he will certianly be a quality winger at some piont in his career)
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 16, 2007 08:02:12 pm
      I was at the liberty on Tuesday nite and Anderson looked the part, he played in center mid and scored a brill goal. the score was Swansea 2 - 0 Walsall, it was the best Ive seen swansea play in years, hope swansea get prometed they deserve to. 
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2007 10:08:43 pm
      Anderson is one of the players I was disappointed to see go out on loan this season, I would have liked to have seen him have a crack at breaking through, probably in the Carling Cup to begin with. Out of all the youngsters we have I feel him & Hammill are the two that will make the grade, with a few others I'm undecided on as yet.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14: Aug 17, 2007 12:41:28 am
      Agree with you Eddie.  Personally it was a mistake in my mind to send him on loan.  Of the 'squad' players from the youth setup I feel he was one of the lads most able to play in the first team.  Unfortunately for him, Liverpool now have two players for every position - something we certainly didn't have a few years ago.

I do wonder, with the present setup, how any of our youth players are expected to shine.  Rafa may have improved our side - but I really don't think he is all that interested in bringing through the next batch of Steven Gerrard's et al.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #15: Aug 19, 2007 11:07:11 pm
      Paletta "Very Happy" With Boca Move

Argentine defender Gabriel Paletta, who was loaned out to Boca Juniors from Liverpool, feels that his latest move isnā€™t going a step backwards.
       Paletta, who arrived in Argentina on Saturday to join the Boca squad, affirmed that playing for the Argentine giants ā€œis highly important for any player, and that ā€œit doesnā€™t matter if some say it is going backwards or notā€.

The young defender wasnā€™t given many opportunities by Rafael Benitez at Anfield, and was keen on a move back to Argentine football, even though it means he will be returning to a somewhat inferior league.

Despite this he said, ā€œIā€™m very happy to join such a big club in Argentina. The expectations are huge. Now I will try my best to get into shape quickly so I can be ready for the managerā€.

The 21 year old, who helped Argentina win the 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup, told reporters that he is in good physical condition after ā€œdoing the entire pre-season with Liverpoolā€.

Paletta understands the fact that Boca have the most demanding fans in the whole of Argentina, and he knows "Bocaā€™s fans expect only the bestā€.

The youngster concluded: ā€œI will do my best to help the club fight for all the tournaments they participate in, and will try to help win themā€.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #16: Aug 20, 2007 01:33:03 am
      Fairly sure if Paletta doesn't play well then he won't be coming back in one piece.  F***ing ruthless them Argies.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #17: Aug 20, 2007 08:23:23 pm
      Liverpool have seven players out on loan at various parts of the country at the moment. Here's how they are getting on. 
      Scott Carson

Scott had an impressive debut for Aston Villa during Saturday's goalless draw at Newcastle United and made several good saves.

Godwin Antwi

The Ghanaian centre half is currently out on a season long loan at League One side Hartlepool United. Godwin scored for Hartlepool on Saturday with a header in the 2-1 win over Doncaster Rovers. He has played three games so far for Danny Wilson's side.

Danny Guthrie

Danny is currently with Sammy Lee's Bolton Wanderers but has yet to make a senior appearance for the struggling side.

Adam Hammill

Adam came on as a 71st minute substitute for Southampton in their 2-1 defeat by Norwich City at the weekend. The winger has made two substitute appearances for George Burley's side so far, and is pushing hard for a place in the starting line-up when the Saints host Stoke City on Saturday.

Paul Anderson

The winger marked his first start for Swansea City with a fantastic goal during the midweek 2-0 win over Walsall in the Carling Cup. He made his Swans debut as a substitute during the 2-1 opening day defeat by Oldham, but missed Saturday's goalless draw with Nottingham Forest with a hamstring strain.

Lee Peltier

Lee played the full 90 minutes for Yeovil Town on Saturday in their 1-0 win over Port Vale in League One. Peltier has played in all of Yeovil's three matches so far in central midfield.

James Smith

The Liverpool born defender is currently on loan at League Two side Stockport County. He played the full 90 minutes in County's 1-1 draw at Chesterfield on Saturday. Smith has played in all of Stockport's three games so far. 
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #18: Aug 22, 2007 09:46:06 am
      Godwin Antwi - Hartlepool - season long

Looks like the lad is doing very well at Hartlepool, they have played 3 games and godwin has played in them all, even scored in the last game, but he pick up a hamstring strain and could be out for up to 4 weeks.

Godwin is only 19, and a big lad over 6foot, players very well as a central defender, had a very good loan spell last season with Accington Stanley, and now doing well with Hartlepool.

This lad i do rate, in a season or two we will see him in the 1st team.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #19: Aug 23, 2007 05:08:00 pm
      FC Twente have completed the loan signing of goalkeeper Nikolai Mikhailov from Liverpool.

The Bulgaria youth international only arrived on Merseyside this summer but will spend the 2007/08 season in Holland.

The Reds signed Mikhailov from Levski Sofia on a five-year deal, but the the 19-year-old son of goalkeeping legend Borislav Mikhailov does not have a work permit to play in England.

Mikhailov is the third goalkeeper in coach Fred Rutten's squad along with number one Sander Boschker and Cees Paauwe.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #20: Aug 24, 2007 08:36:57 am
      goalkeeping legend Borislav Mikhailov

???

Surely I'm not the only person who hasn't heard of him?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21: Aug 26, 2007 07:49:04 pm
      Paul Anderson came on as sub for Swansea in their 3-1 win away at Walsall.  Apparently he got booked even though he was only on for 10 minutes. 

Adam Hamill sat it out on the bench as Southampton won their first game of the season.

Godwin Antwi is another one of our defenders who is out injured at Hartlepool.

I assume Danny Guthrie is sitting off in Bolton's reserves?
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2007 07:55:31 pm by JD »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #22: Sep 15, 2007 11:59:43 am
      Paul Anderson scored the winner for Swansea last night.

The Liverpool winger, a member of the 2006 FA Youth Cup winning side, is on a season long loan at the Liberty Stadium.
      Last night Anderson scored an 83rd minute winner as Swansea came from behind to beat Carlisle 2-1 and got their season up and running. The goal was Anderson's first in the league for Swansea.

Quick Reply