Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Reds players on loan

Read 28614 times
      bradshaw85
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Re: Reds players on loan
      Reply #207: Mar 18, 2009 10:30:59 am
      Adam, seems to me you follow the lads like.  can you tell me how Craig Lindfield is getting on, i had high hopes of this lad when i first saw him in the Youth Cup a few seasons back, since then all i hear he is out and about on loan. does he look promising still ? or has he lost what he had ?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #208: Mar 18, 2009 09:05:07 pm
      Well I have never seen him play while he was out on loan. In fact I see few of these guys I simply update how they are getting along and how their teams are doing. I always assume the more a player is starting and playing games the better he is doing.

As far as I can tell from Lindfield and his time at According Stanley he had a hard time getting games at first but as the season went on he soon made him-self part of the first team. Reading some of the comments on the supporters site they always talk about how he isn't scoring many goals (2 goals in 15 games) but his work rate and effort have been good. Maybe another Dirk Kuyt  :f_tongueincheek:

As far as development I think he has a very hard road ahead with young strikers like N'Gog, Nemeth and Pacceho who are most likely ahead of him.
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #209: Mar 19, 2009 08:40:55 am
      i'm really keen to see leto play for us.. hope he gets the international clearing soon.. likethe look of the boy..
      and ya.. our no. 10 is not coming back.. he's havin a fun time.. even valencia seem interested in him..
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #210: Mar 19, 2009 06:35:20 pm
      I still doubt that Leto will get a work permit to join the club playing in a 3rd rate league. It is different than with Gonzalez was scoring goals in top league like La Liga and was being capped by Chile.

Looks like another player is going out on loan for the summer.

Djurgardens have confirmed Liverpool starlet Robbie Threlfall is poised to join the club on loan.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.com earlier this week talented defender Threlfall is set to join the Swedes on loan as he searches for regular first-team action.

The 20-year-old has been given permission by Liverpool to fly out to the club's Portuguese training camp as the Swedes continue preparations for their new season.

Threlfall is regarded as one of the brightest prospects to come through the ranks at Liverpool having helped the club win the FA Youth Cup twice in recent seasons.

The left-back has yet to make his first-team debut for Liverpool, but Reds boss Rafa Benitez is keen to loan him out so that he can pick up some much-needed first-team experience.

"We hope to have him down as quickly as possible to train in Portugal," DIF's chief of communications Jonas Riedel told FotbollsExpressen.se

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5073329,00.html
      bradshaw85
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #211: Mar 21, 2009 04:25:14 pm
      just watching Skysports Soccer Saturday, Craig Lindfield buried a goal vs Accrinton 2-0.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #212: Mar 21, 2009 04:47:11 pm
      What happened with Voronin anyway. I can remember his goal did send us to the CL and he made a magnificent firt impression last year. And now in Berlin he's the superstar. What happened?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #213: Mar 21, 2009 07:06:11 pm
      Lads in action today

- Anderson started and played 66 minutes in a 1-0 loss

- Hobbs played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

- Gulacsi played a full 90 in a 3-0 loss

- Lindfield scored his 3rd of the season in a 2-1 win

- Flynn played a full 90 in a 3-0 loss

- Voronin played a full 90 in a 2-0 loss
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #214: Mar 21, 2009 07:28:00 pm
      - Hobbs played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

Leicester drew 1-1.

No goal today for the Vorinator then?!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #215: Mar 23, 2009 06:45:36 am
      Couple of the guys in action today.

- Mihaylov made his first start in a while with a 2-1 win

- Leto is now a Greek Champions as Olympiacos won their 37 title with a 3-2 win.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #216: Mar 29, 2009 09:11:24 am
      Some notes over the weekend:

- Antwi is done Hereford and according to his agent done at Liverpool since he won't get into the first team. I think this will be the first of a bunch of reserve players to be leaving.

- Hobbs played a full 90 in a 2-0 loss

- Gulacsi played a full 90 and Kelly was a unused sub in a 1-0 win for Huddersfield Town over Hereford.

- Lindfield played a full 90 in a 0-0 draw

- Flynn started and played 60 minutes in a 1-0 loss

wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #217: Mar 29, 2009 06:23:06 pm
      What happened with Voronin anyway. I can remember his goal did send us to the CL and he made a magnificent firt impression last year. And now in Berlin he's the superstar. What happened?

well seems as though voronin has found a niche in the german league the german leagues are not the same quality as the premier league so has found the defences not so solid as the premier league
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #218: Mar 29, 2009 06:59:04 pm
      adammac thank you for keeping us updated :)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #219: Mar 31, 2009 09:59:28 pm
      Hammill Loving Oakwell Life
      Adam Hammill claims that he could be interested in linking up with the Reds again next season - although he will first talk to Rafa Benitez before making a final decision.

The on loan Liverpool winger has impressed supporters immensely since his move in January, with his pace and trickery causing no end of problems for opposing defenders. He's yet to open his Tykes goalscoring account although after proving on numerous occasions that he has a venomous shot at his disposal, you wouldn't bet against that stat changing come the end of the season.

There was some doubt over whether or not he'd even be interested in returning after this loan spell expires though. Simon Davey has tended to use him as an impact player and this has meant that he probably hasn't started as many games as he would have liked.

However, that doesn't seem to have deterred him, with Hammill claiming that he "couldn't have asked for a better loan spell" and that he'd be interested in returning to the club next season. Speaking to the Sheffield Star, he said the following.

"I'm really enjoying my football at Barnsley, it's a great opportunity for me. I couldn't have asked for a better loan spell.

"I've got two years left on my contract at Liverpool, but if the chance came along to stay at Barnsley for longer then I'd certainly consider it.

"Liverpool are flying at the minute and I know it's going to be hard to get in the side, but that's what I want to do one day.

"Whether that will be next season, who knows. But I'll go back at the end of the season and have to have a chat with Rafa and see what he says."

Obviously, a lot depends on what division we are based in. Should the unthinkable happen and relegation occur, we can more or less kiss goodbye to any hopes of keeping him and he'll probably be loaned out to a side in the top half of this division. However, if we can maintain our Championship status and he really means what he says, you can't see Liverpool objecting to him joining up with us again

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?artid=13526_5126858&id=5
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #220: Apr 04, 2009 08:22:17 pm
      Some of the guys in action today;

- Pennant was an unused sub

- Hobbs played a full 90 in a 2-2 draw

- Kelly played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

- Lindifeld played a full 90 in a 2-0 loss

- Flynn played a full 90 in a 2-0 win

- Voronin played a full 90 in a 3-1 loss

- Mihaylov on Friday played a full 90 in a 1-1 draw

- Tuesday Kelly set up a goal and played 90 in a 2-1 win
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #221: Apr 09, 2009 06:33:46 am
      Another update

- Gulascui played a full 90 in a 2-1 loss on Tuesday

- Flynn came off the bench in the 74th minute in a 0-0 draw Tuesday

- Leto started and played 66 minutes in a 2-1 win on Sunday
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #222: Apr 11, 2009 07:26:07 pm
      Weekend action for the guys

- Pennant started and played 90 minutes in a 2-2 draw

- Anderson played a full 90 in a 3-2 win

- Gulacsl and Hobbs played a full 90, Ajdarevic came on as a sub in the 90th minutes as Leicester City beat Hereford 3-1

- Lindfield played a full 90 in a 0-0 draw

- Flynn played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

- Voronin started and played 89 minutes before being sent off for fighting in a 2-0 loss
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #223: Apr 11, 2009 08:37:30 pm
      The Voronin Show has seen its wheels fall off.

Shame, as the better he does, the more we could have asked for.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #224: Apr 13, 2009 09:09:20 pm
      Some of the guys were in action today

- Anderson came on in the 57th minute in a 0-0 draw

- Gulasci played a full 90 in a 2-1 loss

- Hobbs played a full 90 in a 1-0 win

- Lindfield played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

- Flynn played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #225: Apr 15, 2009 07:02:14 am
      Sorry but forgot to update one of the lads who was playing during the past week

- Kelly played full 90 in two games on Saturday and Monday, both of which they won 2-1 and 1-0
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #226: Apr 15, 2009 08:26:23 am
      - Voronin started and played 89 minutes before being sent off for fighting in a 2-0 loss

pr**k. There goes an extra million of what we could have got for him.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #227: Apr 17, 2009 08:27:07 pm
      Peter Gulacsi has a bright future ahead of him at Anfield
      TEENAGE Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi says he will not forget his debut in senior football.

The 18-year-old lost three central defenders within 45 minutes of pulling on the Hereford United goalkeeper's jersey for the first time.

Dean Beckwith, Karl Broadhurst and Josh Gowling were all injured in Hereford's 3-2 win at Cheltenham Town.

"It was a bit of a shock,” said Gulacsi. “We lost three centre-halves in the first half and it was a very physical game. That was the toughest game I have experienced for Hereford.

"The teenager said he was apprehensive going into February's match at Whaddon Road.

"I was not nervous about my own qualities because I felt ready to play. But it was my first match in senior football and it was a great thing to be a part of.

"You can train and train - and that's great, but the most enjoyable part of football is playing."

Gulacsi has arrived at Edgar Street rich in pedigree and is contracted at Premiership giants Liverpool until the summer of 2010.

Gulacsi, who turns 19 next month, is the third-choice goalkeeper at Anfield behind Pepe Reina and Diego Cavalieri.

The stopper was part of the Hungary side which finished third at the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in the Czech Republic.

He later sat on the bench for the Hungarian national team for a friendly against Croatia.

He represented Hungary at under-17 level and was spotted by Liverpool while playing for the under-17 team in France.

"I was invited to Liverpool for a 10-day trial in the summer of 2007 and, after that, they offered me a one-year loan deal," Gulacsi recalled.

"For the first six months after moving from MTK Hungaria to Liverpool I felt homesick. I missed my parents and my girlfriend. But once I started playing, everything went well and I settled down.”

"It's difficult to break into the first team at Liverpool but I can learn a lot because they have great goalkeepers."

The Hungarian, whose contract at Anfield was later made permanent, was offered the chance to play for Hereford after making an appearance against Manchester United Reserves.

"We had just played and the goalkeeping coach asked me how I felt about my game,” he said. “The next question he asked me was whether I thought I could play at a higher level. After training, I was called into a room and given this chance.”

"Not many goalkeepers at my age play in League 1, so I was very happy to accept the offer. I didn't know much about League 1 or Hereford United. I read all about Hereford on the internet and looked at the player profiles and pictures to see who my team-mates were.”

Gulacsi is on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season.

"I played every game for the reserves before I came to Hereford. All of the games for Hereford have been a great experience. I now know all about the teams and the players in League 1.”

Gulacsi made an impact in his Hereford home debut - saving Lee Trundle's first-half penalty in the Bulls' 2-0 win over Leeds United.

His impressive performances for Hereford are being closely monitored by Liverpool.

"The first-team goalkeeping coach has been to see me play twice and the reserve team goalkeeping coach has also seen me twice."

"We always watch back the games and analyse them. The first-team goalkeeping coach rings me to give me information about opposition players and strikers."

The goalkeeper’s long-term ambition is to break into the Hungarian national team and Liverpool's first team.

But he said: "I am hoping I can continue to play well at Hereford and continue to improve. My focus is on doing well for Hereford. I haven't even looked as far ahead as this summer."

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/4300041.Exclusive__Liverpool_goalkeeper_relishes_opportunity_at_Hereford_United/
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #228: Apr 18, 2009 07:54:42 am
      Ando: Forest learning curve can help Liverpool dream
      FOR Paul Anderson, the dream is still the same as the day he arrived at Liverpool's famous Anfield home.

Spotted playing for Hull reserves, the Premiership giants swooped for his signature as a 17-year-old back in January 2006.

But, as yet, he is still to make his debut for Rafa Benitez's side.

He won the FA Youth Cup in a Liverpool shirt before his first season in senior football saw him the lift the League One title while on loan at Swansea last May.

The reward, a contract extension at Anfield until the summer of 2011.

His next move was to test himself in the Championship and he chose a season-long stint at Nottingham Forest, close to Melton Mowbray where his family still live.

But after years of playing in winning sides, he has found himself part of a squad battling at the wrong end of the table and facing a must-win game against Coventry City at the City Ground this afternoon

Colin Calderwood, the manager who brought him to the City Ground, was sacked on Boxing Day. Now Anderson is plying his trade under Billy Davies.

And a serious thigh injury kept him out until October before a near month lay-off followed at the start of this year when he broke his arm against Derby County.

But despite suffering the lows of a professional footballer at Forest, he insists he would not swap it for the world.

And he believes it has made him mentally stronger and a better player. In the long run, he hopes it will be the making of him in earning that long-awaited Liverpool debut.

The level-headed 20-year-old said: "Not being big-headed but I have never been in a team that has struggled.

"When I was at Hull we won the reserve league, while at Liverpool we won the Youth Cup and last season we won League One with Swansea.

"Three seasons in a row I had three successful seasons so to come here is a completely different pressure, being down at the bottom.

"Mentally it has made me so much stronger. You are always going to have highs and lows in football and getting a couple of injuries with my thigh and arm as well.

"This season has been the best season for me in learning and my education.

"You have to be a lot closer as a squad when you are fighting against relegation.

"Going for promotion, everyone is behind you, everyone loves you.

"When you are down at the bottom people get against you, other teams come here thinking it is only Nottingham Forest, we will be all right.

"We will go out and prove we are good enough and next season push on, onwards and upwards.

"It is weird coming in on loans under his (Calderwood's) plans and then he goes and somebody else comes in with different ways.

"In a way, me being selfish, it has been good because I have had three different ways of management in two seasons. For me it has been a tremendous learning curve."

Before his stint at Forest, Anderson played under Roberto Martinez at Swansea and with both clubs, he has now made 65 appearances and scored 12 goals in the last two seasons. While he is envious of some Liverpool players who have made a couple of appearances for the first team, he says his experience on loan has been vital in his development.

"I have played a lot of games which is good and I would never change coming out on loan," he said.

"I see a couple of lads getting games for Liverpool, playing in the Champions League and I am gutted because at the end of the day my dream is to play for Liverpool and they have done it.

"But I would not change my near 70 games for two games for Liverpool. This is so much better for me.

"Go out on loan, play football and some people say 'wouldn't you rather be at the bigger team' but I want to play football."

And he was pleasantly surprised by the standard of football when he first went out on loan.

He added: "I did not realise how big League One was.

"At Liverpool in the reserves you wonder what the standard will be like. But it was so high, so when you go back and train with the reserves the tempo is not the same.

"You go out on loan in League One and you have guys trying to get bonus money for their families.

"Some of them are not on massive money and these win bonuses and goal bonuses they need, it makes a difference.

"When you go to the lower leagues the money is not there.

"The difference with the Championship this season is that bit more quality and everyone is an athlete."

So what about Liverpool?

While he wants to make his bow there as soon as possible, he has channelled all his thoughts into helping Nottingham Forest stay up.

And he has not ruled out an extended stay beyond this season, if Forest wanted to make his deal longer.

"At present I have no reason to go up to Liverpool," he said. "All my family live down here and I have been up once (this season).

"I speak to a few of the young lads there and obviously I speak to the scouts and whoever is in and around the main man.

"I try to keep my nose in there but it is my job to be here and help Nottingham Forest to stay up so I have no reason to keep in contact with Liverpool.

"I have two years left and that is the long-term goal.

"Anyone else would be exactly the same. Liverpool are second in the league and you never know, hopefully I can go and perform and they will want to do something with me.

"If not we will see what else is out there. I have to speak to Liverpool at the end of the season, see what Liverpool want and where we are here and what options there are.

"I have enjoyed my time recently and feel I have just been getting into playing good football. So we will see.

"But like anyone my dream is to play for Liverpool."

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/news/Ando-Forest-learning-curve-help-Liverpool-dream/article-900661-detail/article.html
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #229: Apr 18, 2009 04:24:18 pm
      Martin Kelly just got a goal for Huddesfield. Maybe could teach Carra and Skrtel how to score. ;)

Quick Reply