Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Reds players on loan

Read 28611 times
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Re: Reds players on loan - 2007/08 Loan Watch
      Reply #23: Sep 23, 2007 09:12:42 am
      Adam Hammill -  Loaned to Southampton  FC for 07/08 season.

Adam making his 1st full start for the Saints, look a real threat with his good footwork and forceful direct running, had a good game, but the Saints lost to Barnsley 3-2.

Lee Peltier - Loaned to Yeovil Town FC for 07/08 season.

Lee played yesterday in Yeovil win at Brighton 2-1, again doing a good job at Yeovil.

When i can find out more about the other players, i will let you know.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Sep 23, 2007 08:44:58 pm
      Cheers for the update Graham.

Seems like a few of our on loan players are doing pretty good then doesn't it?
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #25: Sep 24, 2007 08:37:08 am
      Paul Anderson - Loaned to Swansea FC for 07/08 season.

Swansea rate there players on the web site, this is how Paul is doing;

Anderson – 6 A couple of good runs and (tame) efforts, Leeds game; Leeds 2 Swansea 0; 22nd Sept

Anderson 7.5 - little opportunity to shine, but caused problems every time he had the ball, and also released Robbo to be more direct down the middle. Great cut inside and shot for the winner - priceless.
      came on in the 70th min in the match, Swansea 2 Carlisle 1; 14th Sept

Anderson 8 terrorised defense with his pace, Swansea 3 Milwall 2 4th Sept.

He does not play in every game, but it looks like Paul is doing good.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #26: Sep 24, 2007 01:01:46 pm
      It really is a shame Anderson didn't get a chance with a Premiership club this season. If he did I honestly believe he'd be forcing himself into the reckoning for next season, as it is his good performances will probably get written off as they were in an 'easy league'.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #27: Oct 27, 2007 09:10:37 am
      From the bbc website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/shrewsbury/7063873.stm

Shrews and Reds agree Ryan switch 

Ryan has impressed since moving to the New Meadow on loan
      Shrewsbury have agreed to make midfielder Jimmy Ryan's loan move from Liverpool permanent on 1 January.
      "Because Jimmy came on a temporary loan, you can only have 93 days playing for a club," Shrews manager Gary Peters told his club's website.

"From today, he will be on loan for another month - after that, he can play in our reserves but not the first team.

"Technically he won't be our player until 1 January, where he can then play first-team football indefinitely."

Ryan has made four league and cup appearances since joining the Shrews in August.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #28: Oct 27, 2007 09:25:35 am
      From the bbc website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/shrewsbury/7063873.stm

Shrews and Reds agree Ryan switch 

Ryan has impressed since moving to the New Meadow on loan
      Shrewsbury have agreed to make midfielder Jimmy Ryan's loan move from Liverpool permanent on 1 January.
      "Because Jimmy came on a temporary loan, you can only have 93 days playing for a club," Shrews manager Gary Peters told his club's website.

"From today, he will be on loan for another month - after that, he can play in our reserves but not the first team.

"Technically he won't be our player until 1 January, where he can then play first-team football indefinitely."

Ryan has made four league and cup appearances since joining the Shrews in August.

This lad looks like - remember him playing a blinder versus MK Dongs at the end of last season... yes I said Dongs (the franchise tw*ts).
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #29: Nov 03, 2007 02:34:36 pm
       from .tv
      Liverpool starlet Paul Anderson scored his seventh goal of the season for loan side Swansea on Friday night. 
      The 19-year-old winger, on a season long loan at the Liberty Stadium, rescued a point for Swansea when he converted a Darren Pratley cross on 79 minutes. 
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #30: Nov 04, 2007 09:23:44 am
      from .tv
      Liverpool starlet Paul Anderson scored his seventh goal of the season for loan side Swansea on Friday night. 
      The 19-year-old winger, on a season long loan at the Liberty Stadium, rescued a point for Swansea when he converted a Darren Pratley cross on 79 minutes. 

This is how Swansea voted;

Anderson - 8 Constant threat, and another well deserved goal.

Was there man of the match.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Nov 10, 2007 04:43:33 pm
      Watched Bolton's UEFA Cup away tie against Bayern Munich on Thursday and Danny Gutherie had a decent solid game for them. Had a good bit of the ball and was getting forward when he could. Helped Bolton to a decent 2-2 draw against the German giants. Good experience for the lad.

Seen Robbie Threlfall play a very good game for Hereford Utd last night when they squared up to an improving Leeds side. Easily one of the best players for Hereford and was quite solid at left back. Got up to help with the attack when he could and passed the ball very well.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #32: Nov 10, 2007 04:46:49 pm
      Heard some good stuff about Guthrie.  I think he was one of those lads 'on the verge' of making it on to the bench (if you catch my drift).

Wonder if Rafa will ever bring some British talent through the ranks?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #33: Nov 20, 2007 11:35:43 pm
      FA Cup First Round Replay.

Leeds 0-1 Hereford

Hereford: Brown, Rose, McCombe, Beckwith, Threlfall, Ainsworth, Diagouraga, Smith, Easton (Taylor 90), Benjamin, Robinson.
      Subs Not Used: Ingham, Guinan, Gwynne, Johnson.

Well done to Robbie Threlfall in helping knock out Leeds United in the first round of the FA Cup.   :lmao:

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #34: Nov 20, 2007 11:59:06 pm
      Cracking stuff!

Leeds are riding high as well after their ?10 points deduction.  Don't know how well he is perforimg or not but this is a great result and I hope his FA Cup campaign at least makes it through one more round...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2007 09:36:48 am
      Good on the lad. Any news on how he performed?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #36: Nov 21, 2007 03:32:11 pm
      Not sure about the FA Cup game but when Hereford played Leeds the other week Threlfall put in a very good performance. Does anyone know what date he comes back to us? It was only a Month long loan wasn't it?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #37: Nov 22, 2007 04:27:35 pm
      From .TV

Scottish midfielder Ryan Flynn has joined League Two side Hereford United on a month's loan. 
      The 19-year-old reserve team player joins fellow Anfield loanee Robbie Threlfall at Edgar Street.

Flynn has yet to make a competitive appearance for Liverpool but he was a key part of the club's successive FA Youth Cup wins, scoring in the final against Manchester City in 2006 and bagging three goals during the 2007 campaign.

The loan will last until December 22nd. 

graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #38: Dec 05, 2007 08:50:58 am
      Paul Anderson - Lonaed to Swansea FC for 07/08 season

Swansea City 3 Northampton 0.

Swans started well and soon had Northampton on the back foot with Paul Anderson making an excellent run and providing a perfect cross that Jason Scotland was inches away from getting on the end of.

Jason Scotland went near with a close range header after another Paul Anderson cross saw Swans began to totally dominate proceedings. 

Anderson 9 – Awesome first half. This is how the swans rate him.

He is doing very well, he is getting ratings of 8 or 9 most games.

graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      Reply #39: Dec 05, 2007 09:10:17 am
      Godwin Antwi - Loaned to Hatlepool FC for 07/08 season.

This lad is doing very well at Hatlepool, he has been on loan to a few clubs now and done well in them all.

Talk in other posts about buying a center back, do we need to buy, Im not sure we do, with this lad and Hobbs.

All i can say is Raffa has some thinking to do at the end of this season. :scarf:
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #40: Dec 06, 2007 11:40:03 am
      Rafa has aknowledged the steady progress and important contribution Danny Guthrie is making on loan at Bolton Wanderers. He has managed to maintain a starting place in the midfield under Gary Megson and continues to impress as Bolton try to pull themselves back from the brink.

Good prospect for the future...
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #41: Dec 06, 2007 01:04:44 pm
      Full-back Robbie Threlfall has returned to Liverpool for treatment after he sustained an ankle injury in Hereford United's 2-0 win over Hartlepool United in the FA Cup at the weekend.Threlfall will receive treatment at Anfield after a scan had revealed the teenager had a chipped bone and ligament damage in his ankle.

The 19-year-old, who joined Hereford on loan, made four appearances for the Bulls before the injury occurred.

He is expected to be out of action for up to eight weeks.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Dec 06, 2007 03:15:14 pm
      That's a shame for Robbie that. He was doing really well at Hereford and his confidence must have been really high. Good luck for a speedy recovery.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #43: Dec 06, 2007 05:01:45 pm
      Paul Anderson is doing a fantastic job at swansea. he has come on leaps and bounds since the start of the season. since lee trundle left in the summer he has stepped into his boots with ease. OK hes not a striker but he is scoring with ease. i just hope, wen his lone spell finishes, Rafa will give him a few games in the prem he is ready for it now.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Dec 06, 2007 05:19:39 pm
      Paul Anderson is doing a fantastic job at swansea. he has come on leaps and bounds since the start of the season. since lee trundle left in the summer he has stepped into his boots with ease. OK hes not a striker but he is scoring with ease. i just hope, wen his lone spell finishes, Rafa will give him a few games in the prem he is ready for it now.

I have been a big admirer of Anderson ever since we first signed him, I was quite surprised actually that he didn't go to a bigger club than Swansea. Because of the team he's gone to I could well see him going out on loan again next season to someone a bit bigger, but I do feel he'd be ready for us.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #45: Dec 06, 2007 05:36:59 pm
      I have been a big admirer of Anderson ever since we first signed him, I was quite surprised actually that he didn't go to a bigger club than Swansea. Because of the team he's gone to I could well see him going out on loan again next season to someone a bit bigger, but I do feel he'd be ready for us.

hopefully swansea will be in the championship next season, OK they will struggle in the league, i know wot you are saying but its all experience for the young lad. Fat frank lamps went to swansea on lone from west ham and his flat got broke into, he he love that story. but look at him now. finger crossed he gets the experience he needs by this lone spell and becomes a fantastic player.

Quick Reply