Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Reds players on loan

Read 28613 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Reds players on loan
      Reply #230: Apr 18, 2009 07:29:20 pm
      Weekend action

- Pennant came on in the 90th minute in a 1-0 win

- Anderson started and came off in the 46th minute in a 1-0 win

- Gulacsl played a full 90 in a 2-0 loss

- Hobbs played a full 90 and Ajdarevic came on in the 90th minute in a 2-0 win

- Kelly played a full 90 and scored the winner in a 3-2 win

- Lindfield started and played 60 minutes in a 3-0 loss

- Flynn started and played 60 minutes in a 1-0 loss
      MsGerrard
      Reply #231: Apr 18, 2009 08:12:52 pm
      Well Done Martin Kelly  ;D

See Pennant's getting plenty of action  :f_tongueincheek:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #232: Apr 20, 2009 08:54:17 pm
      Terriers want Kelly stay
      Huddersfield manager Lee Clark wants to bring Liverpool defender Martin Kelly back to the club next season.

The highly-rated youngster joined Town last month on loan for the rest of the season.

Now Clark admits he would love to bring Kelly back next term and admits he will be looking to talk with the Merseyside club.

"The wheels are already in motion regarding Martin Kelly. We have made it known that we'd like him on a season-long loan next season," said Clark.

"Obviously Liverpool and Rafael Benitez have got other things on their minds between now and the end of the season, but they will have meetings about what they want to do with their young players next term.

"I've spoken to Martin. He's enjoying his time here and would have no qualms about returning to us next season. I've explained where we want to be and how we want to go and he'd like to be a part of it.

"He's a very athletic lad and although he's a good defender that will continue to improve as he gets older. For him to get goals like that is a real bonus."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5215697,00.html
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #233: Apr 20, 2009 09:04:36 pm
      I don't like the idea of Kelly playing full back, I don't see how it will help us, I mean surely we would be better off loaning him somewhere he would get to play centre back?
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #234: Apr 20, 2009 09:09:27 pm
      I don't like the idea of Kelly playing full back, I don't see how it will help us, I mean surely we would be better off loaning him somewhere he would get to play centre back?

Playing in defence in first team football is all that matters.

And plenty of centre-backs start life as full-backs in senior sides, because there's less pressure - mistakes aren't punished as instantly.

Jamie Carragher only really got into the Liverpool team on a regular basis once he switched to full-back, but when he had matured he moved back to the centre. It's not an easy place for youngsters.

Also, Kelly has played at full-back for the reserves.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #235: Apr 22, 2009 07:56:04 pm
      Lindfield eyes Stanley return
      Craig Lindfield is hoping Liverpool will allow him to return to Accrington Stanley on loan next season.

The striker has scored twice in 18 appearances since joining Accrington in January, having spent the first half of the campaign on loan at Bournemouth.

He has yet to make his first-team debut for Liverpool and is keen to build up his experience back in League Two with Stanley.

"I've definitely enjoyed my time here," he told the Lancashire Telegraph.

"I've got another season left on my contract at Liverpool, but I don't see any reason why I couldn't come for the first half of next season.

"At the moment I haven't looked at my long-term plans, but I'll definitely stay until January and see what happens then."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5223771,00.html

Well where he is right now on the depth chart he can stay there as there is little chance of him breaking into the first team with Torres, Kuyt, Ngog and Nemeth all ahead of him right now. It is a shame because he was very good player in the youth cup runs and looked a decent prospect but never really developed to anything more then what it seems to be with his striker rate as a Football League caliber player.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #236: Apr 23, 2009 08:52:47 am
      Couple of the guys in action

- Tuesday Gulacsi played full 90 in a 2-2 draw

- Tuesday Flynn played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

- Wednesday Pennant came on in the 45th minute in a 2-0 loss
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #237: Apr 23, 2009 09:04:20 am
      Peter Gulacsi has a bright future ahead of him at Anfield
      TEENAGE Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi says he will not forget his debut in senior football.

The 18-year-old lost three central defenders within 45 minutes of pulling on the Hereford United goalkeeper's jersey for the first time.

etc etc

His impressive performances for Hereford are being closely monitored by Liverpool.

etc etc

But he said: "I am hoping I can continue to play well at Hereford and continue to improve. My focus is on doing well for Hereford. I haven't even looked as far ahead as this summer."

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/4300041.Exclusive__Liverpool_goalkeeper_relishes_opportunity_at_Hereford_United/
      I saw on my TV some soccer news, a rare one on the lower league, about a goalkeeper scoring with a header in extra time helping Hereford's relegation fight. Is our loan player the one?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #238: Apr 23, 2009 09:14:23 am
      I don't believe so, well his wiki page only shows 16 league games and no goals
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #239: Apr 23, 2009 11:04:10 am
      Just to say this thread is brilliant, well done all the contributors.
      The Invisible Man
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts | 18 
      Reply #240: Apr 23, 2009 12:32:48 pm
      Just to say this thread is brilliant, well done all the contributors.

Yes, this thread is showing a lot of promise.

But it won't make the grade. I expect this thread to end up on a Tranmere Rovers forum next season.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #241: Apr 23, 2009 01:11:08 pm
      Peter Gulacsi has a bright future ahead of him at Anfield
      TEENAGE Hungarian goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi says he will not forget his debut in senior football.

The goalkeeper’s long-term ambition is to break into the Hungarian national team and Liverpool's first team.

But he said: "I am hoping I can continue to play well at Hereford and continue to improve. My focus is on doing well for Hereford. I haven't even looked as far ahead as this summer."

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/4300041.Exclusive__Liverpool_goalkeeper_relishes_opportunity_at_Hereford_United/
      No problem in offloading Charlie then.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #242: Apr 30, 2009 02:39:40 pm
      Some of the guys in action

- Hobbs played a full 90 and Ajdarevic came on in the 63rd minute in a 2-2 draw on Friday

- Kelly played a full 90 in a 2-2 on Saturday

- Gulacsl played a full 90 in a 2-1 loss on Saturday

- Lindfield played a full 90 in a 1-0 win on Saturday

- Flynn played a full 90 and scored in a 2-0 win on Sunday

- Leto started abd played 63 minutes in a 2-0 win on Sunday

- Pennant came on in the 66th minute in a 0-0 draw on Monday
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,017 posts | 3352 
      Reply #243: Apr 30, 2009 03:12:46 pm
      We can stop naming Jack Hobbs in this thread now as he's made a permanent move to the League 1 Champions. He's played a big part in Leicester's push for promotion and fantastic to see he's been part of the best defence in the league as well.

Sticking with Leicester, Ajdarevic has hinted he'd like to stay at the Walker's.

Ajdarevic Open To Foxes Stay

Astrit Ajdarevic admits he could stay at Leicester City, but revealed he is wanted by a Premier League club.

The Swedish teenager is on loan at the Walkers Stadium from Liverpool and has made four substitute appearances for the League One champions.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is keen to have the midfielder in his squad next season and Ajdarevic is open to staying with the Foxes.

However, Ajdarevic also confirmed that there has been interest from a team in the top flight as he weighs up leaving Anfield again.

"There is a chance for that (staying at Leicester) and the clubs are in negotiations," Ajdarevic told Fotbollskanalen. "Leicester are negotiating with both Liverpool and my agent.

"It is Leicester and another club that have shown concrete interest. The other club is not a big club, like Liverpool or Manchester United, but it is a Premier League club."

Helping hand

Though Ajdarevic has yet to start a game for Leicester, the 19-year-old has enjoyed his time with Pearson's side.

He added: "It was hard to get into the team since they were on top of the division and everything was moving smoothly.

"I was more of a helping hand, but I have gained their trust and been able to play in big games for the club.

"It feels a lot better now than before as I have been able to play for the first team.

"He (Pearson) is pleased and has said that he wants me next season in the Championship and then you can just take him for his word, if I end up staying."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11712_5247132,00.html
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #244: Apr 30, 2009 03:20:05 pm
      About Peter Galusci ...for those who have watched him play .... do you think hed' be a good cover for Reina ....in time .
      Paul 08
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts | -4 
      • Justice for the 96 reds
      Reply #245: Apr 30, 2009 03:44:44 pm
       h
      About Peter Galusci ...for those who have watched him play .... do you think hed' be a good cover for Reina ....in time .
      I live in Cheltenham and I saw him play for hereford against cheltenham a few months ago. He played really well the only reason he let goals in is because the defence he had in front of him was sh*t
      King of the Kop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #246: Apr 30, 2009 07:56:04 pm
      David Martin IMO is a talent, his ranking so far down the pecking order does not do him justice.
      England has a vast shortage of good English keeper's TBHWY and I think when he come's back from Leicester City in the summer he should push the other's for a squad place.

Pepe you are the monty don pal and i think and hope you will stay for a very long time, but Dave would make a great number 2
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #247: May 06, 2009 04:11:32 am
      Some of the guys in action over the past week

- Anderson came on in the 62nd minute and set up a goal in a 3-1 win

- Kelly started abd came off after 36 minutes in a 1-1 draw

- Ajdarevic came on in the 76th minute in a 3-0 win

- Gulacsl played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss

- Lindfield played a full 90 in a 1-0 loss
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #248: May 25, 2009 07:59:07 pm
      Well since the football season is pretty much done here is a overall review of the Liverpool players who went out on loan and their stats.

Voronin - He had a good season in Germany with 11 goals and 3 assists in 33 (29 stats 4 sub) games to lead Heartha Berlin to 4th place and Europa League spot.

Pennant - Player who will be released at the end of the season, Pennant helped Pompey avoid the drop with 3 assists in 14 (10 starts 4 sub) games. Seems Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid and Wigan are linked with the winger in the summer.

Anderson - Though he suffer two long term injuries during the season he was still able to make a good contribution to Nottingham Forrest with 2 goals and 2 assists in 28 games (26 starts 2 sub). He has done well enough to secure a move to Swansea in the summer so good luck to him.

Hobbs - He was the best player out on loan from Liverpool being a rock for Leicester City in their run in to being League One Champions. He played 49 games (44 starts 5 sub) and had goal and 3 assists. He done enough to secure a perminate deal with Leicerster City so good luck to him.

Martin - He was a major player for his club in winning League One title where he played 30 games and had 8 clean sheets. He would of played more but suffer a injury towards the end of the season.

Hammill - This being the 3rd year in a row he was sent out on loan he had a very good showing with Blackpool becoming a regular with a goal and 2 assists in 23 (15 start 8 sub) games in the first half of the year before being loan out to Barnsely where he was a regular with a goal and assist in 14 (9 starts 5 sub) games. He is being linked with both Premiership and Championship club. I was hoping he would be in the squad next year taking the same role as El Zhar as a bench player but it doesn't seem to be the case with Rafa.

Antwi - In his 3rd season of being loan out, Antwi was yet to have a steady role with any club he was loan out to. This year he spent with Tranmere Rovers where he only played 7 games (6 starts 1 sub) in half a year having spent most of his time there on the bench. After that he went on loan to Hereford United for a month playing 5 games (5 starts) and getting a assist.

Brouwer - Spent a couple of month playing back in Holland for RKC Waalwijk starting 6 games.

Galusci - He was loan out to Hereford in Feburay and made 18 starts with the League One side who were unfortantly relagated to League Two.

Leto - Enjoy a good season in Greece where he helped Olympaicos win the Greek league. Played 30 games score 4 goals. He also had a little issues with players having a bust up in training. I don't know if he did enough to secure a work permit.

Threfall - He spent some time with Hereford making 3 starts before getting hurt and spent back to Liverpool then he went back out on loan to Stockport making 2 apperances.

Kelly - Played the last couple of month with Huddlersfield Town making 7 starts, having a goal and assist.

Lindfield -  He didn't score much during his time but reading reviews from According Stantley site they really like his workrate (doesn't that sound fimiliar). He played 20 (17 starts 3 sub) scoring 2 goals. At the start of the season he spend time with AFC Bournemouth where he saw little action making 5 (1 start 4 sub) apperance scoring 1 goal.

Ajdarevic - Spent the end of the season with Leicester City trying to secure a perminate deal, only made 5 sub appearences.

Mihaylov - Only played one game all season with the Dutch team and was on the bench bunch of games as well.

Flynn - Enjoy a good spell with Wrexham playing 25 (21 starts 4 subs) scoring 4 goals and 2 assist.

Roque - Played 21 games and helped his side get promoted to the Segunda División.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #249: May 26, 2009 06:14:01 am
      ^^^^

Thanks for the summary Adam.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #250: May 26, 2009 01:04:54 pm
      Interesting question: Do we want Leto back ?? Suppose it couldn't hurt to have another winger but..........
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #251: May 26, 2009 01:07:19 pm
      Interesting question: Do we want Leto back ?? Suppose it couldn't hurt to have another winger but..........

Didn't he get knocked back for a work permit, or something like that??
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #252: May 26, 2009 01:31:30 pm
      Yeah but is that not pending an appeal? I presumed he'd only be out of action for us for a year. Not too sure though. ???

Quick Reply