Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

Reds players on loan

Read 28840 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Reds players on loan - 2007/08 Loan Watch
      Reply #46: Dec 07, 2007 12:58:30 am
      Fat frank lamps went to swansea on loan from west ham and his flat got broke into, he he love that story. but look at him now.

Are you suggesting that Frank Lampard being burgled whilst at Swansea in some way was connected to his recent on the pitch footballing success?

If you are then the omens are looking good for our bunch of security-naive players.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #47: Dec 11, 2007 08:38:03 am
      Warnock...hmm if I was loaned out to a team managed by him I may not want to do well either ;) Especially after his comments about Liverpool FC when he managed Sheffield Utd in the Premiership last.

Idrizaj set for swift Selhurst exit

By Sami Mokbel

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/sporttopstories/display.var.1894586.0.idrizaj_set_for_swift_selhurst_exit.php

Crystal Palace striker Besian Idrizaj is set to be sent back to Liverpool in January - just four months into his season-long loan deal.

The Croydon Guardian understands that the Austrian U21 international, who joined Palace under Peter Taylor at the end of August, has been deemed surplus to requirements at Selhurst Park and it is highly unlikely that the Liverpool striker will feature for the Eagles again this season.

With this is in mind, it is believed that Eagles boss Neil Warnock will allow the 20-year-old to return to Anfield at the turn of the year.

The 20-year-old has had a disappointing spell at SE25, failing to hit the back of net in seven appearances since sealing the switch.

And after making just two appearances under Warnock, it seems the Yorkshireman has not been sufficiently impressed by the youngster.

Idrizaj's first-team opportunities have been few and far between since his move from Anfield, making just three starts in his four months at the club, and with the current form of Clinton Morrison and James Scowcroft up-front his senior chances would remain limited.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #48: Mar 07, 2008 02:52:00 pm
      from lfc.tv

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N159087080307-1136.htm

Liverpool have nine players out on loan at various parts of the country and the continent at the moment. Here's how they are getting on. 
      Danny Guthrie

The midfielder came on as a 67th minute substitute for Bolton during their 1-1 draw with Sporting Lisbon in the UEFA Cup on Thursday night. He has been in good form for the Trotters and has put in several Man of the Match performances for Gary Megson's side.

Scott Carson

Scott continues to impress as Martin O'Neill's Number One at Villa Park. He is a popular figure amongst the Villa faithful and has been in great form.

Jack Hobbs

The centre half is enjoying regular football at Scunthorpe United but has found himself playing at right back. He scored during a 3-2 defeat to Stoke and the Iron are currently fighting for their Championship survival.

Anthony Le Tallec

The once proclaimed French gem is on loan back in his homeland at Le Mans and suffered mixed fortunes in his latest outing. He scored during a 2-1 win at Valenciennes but was then sent-off. Le Mans are currently fifth in Ligue One.

Godwin Antwi

Godwin is on a season long loan at Hartlepool United. The powerful centre half has made 26 appearances in the league for the North East side and has played mostly at right back.

Paul Anderson

The winger is currently on the sidelines with a hamstring strain but he has had a good season so far for Swansea City and has scored nine goals. The Swans have a nine point lead at the top of the League One table.

Adam Hammill

The lively winger has been a regular member of the Southampton first team squad but has found it hard to nail down a regular place in the starting line-up. He last played for the first team during a 1-1 draw against Scunthorpe United on February 23, when he came on as a 57th minute substitute.

Robbie Threlfall

The left back returned to the Hereford United starting line-up for last weekend's 1-0 defeat at Stockport County. The Bulls are currently fourth in League Two and he is on loan at Edgar Street until the end of the season.

Miki Roque

Miki is on a season long loan at Spanish Second Division side Xerez CD and has been a regular member of their team. Unfortunately it has been a disappointing season for the Spanish side who are bottom of the league.

Meanwhile, Craig Lindfield is back at Melwood after his loan spell at Chester City came to an end.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: Mar 07, 2008 04:36:49 pm
      I live 60 miles from Swansea and get all the local gossip and Paul Anderson is loved in Swansea and the only bad thing about the loan move from Swansea's perspective is they have to give him back but he is playing really well week in week out so the swan's fans tell me so it's an interesting time for the kid lets hope he makes it back at Anfeild as pace and skill are good modern day traits to have...
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #50: Mar 07, 2008 06:07:23 pm
      Le Tallec reveals Reds regret
      Frenchman tells of his 'biggest mistake'

Le Tallec: Made a mistake

Anthony Le Tallec believes he made his 'biggest mistake' by handing in a loan request at Liverpool.

Le Tallec was brought to Anfield from Le Havre in 2002 by former Reds manager Gerard Houllier.

The 23-year-old made a number of appearances under Houllier, however he has barely featured since Rafa Benitez took over as manager in 2004.

Le Tallec has had loan spells at St Etienne, Sunderland and Sochaux before joining Le Mans last summer on a season-long loan.

And the former France Under 21 international has explained that he regrets asking Benitez for a loan move so soon after the Spaniard arrived on Merseyside.

Regret

"I left France when I was 18-years-old," he told L'Equipe. "There were 10 big clubs following me, but I preferred Liverpool.

"Gerard Houllier, with his French players - I believed it would be easier for me to adapt.

"I signed a five-year contract with an option to extend it for a further year. I am still under contract with Liverpool.

"My first season was very good, and I started to make a name for myself when Houllier left.

"The only regret I have is when I met with Benitez and asked to be loaned out.

"In my mind, I thought he was going to bring in Spanish players, and I was afraid I would not play anymore.

"It is my biggest mistake."
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Godwin Antwi (TRFC) Jack Hobbs (LCFC)
      Reply #51: Jul 25, 2008 11:07:46 pm
      Two of our young central defenders have sodded off on loan again. Antwi to Tranmere and Hobbs to Leicester along with Threllfall who's gone to Hartlepool.

Is this valuable first team experince or are we just lookin to off load these players and this is our way of puttin them in shop window?

I think it may be a chance to off load Antwi because with Carra, Dan Agger, Skrtel and Sami he isn't gonna get many games, whereas I think Hobbs will be fourth choice next year if Sami does decide to call it a day. From what I've saw of the two, I think Hobbs is the better defender with a more promisin future, but Antwi isn't exactly useless either.

I hope both succeed on loan and come back to give Benitez more selection problems.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Loan Watch
      Reply #52: Jul 25, 2008 11:38:45 pm
      With us havin so many players out on loan, thought we should have somethin where we can discuss how they're gettin on (obviously for later on in the season)

So far our loan outs are:

1) Paul Anderson (Notts Forest - Championship)
      2) Adam Hammill (Blackpool - Championship)
      3) Jack Hobbs (Leicester - League 1)
      4) Robbie Threlfall (Hereford - League 1)
      5) Godwin Antwi (Tranmere - League 1)

(don't think I've missed any)

I was a bit disappointed to see Anderson out on loan again because I really thought he could make his way into the first team this year. He's got bags of talent, even got voted Swansea's Player Of The Year last season, and I have high hopes for him down the right wing. He could save us spendin in excess of 15 million on a right winger, but he can only do that by playin for Liverpool. But he's at the City Ground this year, step up from last season, and I think we'll see him perform just as well. Live Championship games are shown more on the telly as well as granada's (itv) highlights so they'll be more chance to see him in action for those who don't really follow the lower leagues, and with Forest bein one of the biggest names in the Championshi, they're likely to be live on quite a few occassions.

Hammill looks like another with a bright future. Thought he ran the Dunfirmline side when he played up there. I think he'll be happier to get a move to a side in the north west, he's been up in Scotland and down on the south coast, so a side nearer his family and friends may suit him better. Especially if he's a homely type of person. Blackpool are likely to struggle again this season in the Championship so I think it could be another test of Hammill's charachter. He had a failed relegation battle with Dunfermline when he was on loan there, he had a successful battle against relegation last year with Southampton, so he'll be used to it by now. I think Blackpool will be a good move for Hammill providing he can stay injury free this time because they like to use their wingers a lot, so Hammill should see plenty of the ball.

Hobbs should be pushin Sami Hyypia for the fourth choice central defender very soon so goin out on loan again will provide him with great experince. Leicester may not be a great choice as their chairman Mandaric sacks managers more often than people change their socks (figure of speech not to be taken literally but he has sacked 5 managers in his 2 years as Leicester chairman so you get the general gist) So just because the current Foxes manager Nigel Pearson wants Hobbs doesn't mean in 3 months when there's a new manager that Hobbs will still be wanted at The Walkers Stadium. But this is the first time in Leicester's history they've been in the 3rd tier of English football so the entire club will be pushin hard to get out of that division, which will install a winnin mentality into Hobbs on his return to Anfield.

Threllfall, despite me hopin he'd do well because we went to the same school (he was two years above me) I don't think he's got much chance of breakin into the first team at Anfield, so this may just be another chance to put him in the shop window. With Dossenna and Insua as the guarenteed first and second choice left back I think Robbie will be on a permanant move before too long. He's another with a lot of talent and knows how to score for a left back which is always helpful. Very confident goin forward and knows how to defend properly. Hereford who only came up this year may struggle but with Robbie at the back they'll have some chance of stayin up. He spent some time on loan there last year so another season could do him the world of good.

Antwi movin to Prenton Park with Ronnie Moores and Tranmere is another good move for Antwi himself but also for Liverpool. Tranmere will be predicted to challenge for the play offs again this year after the way they performed last year where they led League 1 for a period of time and that added pressure will show us if he can handle it. Tranmere's defence has got a lot of experince in it with the likes of Shane Sheriff (Australia U-23 international might be goin the Olympics) Robbie Stockdale (former Middlesborough defender in the Prem) and Danny Coyne in goal (30 odd year old Welsh international keeper), with that beside him they'll be able to teach and guide Godwin through his paces at the club. Also with Jason McAteer (former Liverpool legend  ::) ) on the coachin staff, Godwin will definately learn somethin, even if it's only Jason McAteer's occupation is a right back  :D . A bit like Threllfall though, I think this is a chance to put Antwi in the shop window. I think Hobbs and probably San Jose are the next generation of centre halves at Liverpool, actin as cover for Agger and Skrtel, which will be Antwi sittin in the reserves until he's 23 or bein sold, I expect the latter. But good luck to him at Prenton Park.

I think Antwi's is only until January while the others are season long loans. We can all try and keep each other informed of any new loan deals and how the loanees are gettin on.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2008 04:35:42 pm by dunlop_liddell_shankly »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Loan Watch
      Reply #53: Jul 25, 2008 11:42:27 pm
      Good idea mate.

Doesnt Paul play on the left though?
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #54: Jul 25, 2008 11:45:42 pm
      Nice one, mate :)

I always get confused with players on loan! They kind of just disappear from my mind before I read a tiny note in the papers on him or him on loan now being sold and then I realize Ive forgotten all about them... So this is a good thread for me, I'll try to stay updated ;)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #55: Jul 25, 2008 11:53:48 pm
      Adam Hammill is now at Blackpool.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Godwin Antwi (TRFC) Jack Hobbs (LCFC)
      Reply #56: Jul 26, 2008 04:49:05 am
      I dunno what the future holds for both of these guys. Personally I think Antwi who is now 20 I think is yet to get a single game with the senior side so I have the feeling maybe this is just trying to get him permanent deal. I was hoping maybe he would get on to a championship level side to continue his upward development through loans but it wasn't the case. Same thing with Hobbs I was hoping to see him get back on this season with a championship side but I was told he never really impressed out on loan last season (where he played RB a lot of the times) so maybe he wasn't ready for it I dunno.

Personally I maybe see Hobbs being a depth player next season when Sami leaves but I am sure the likes of Huth and San Jose will having something to say about that.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2008 09:30:47 am
        A very good idea ,this thread
        And IMO it should be a STICKY one too, so everyone can find it easily as the season progresses

nice one again ;D ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Re: Reds players on loan
      Reply #58: Jul 27, 2008 11:25:09 pm
      Adam Hammill is now at Blackpool.

Was just makin sure people read it properly mate. Now i know someone has, I can change it.
      redref
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #59: Jul 28, 2008 10:49:09 am
      I watched Hobbs play at Burnley in his first game for Scunthorpe and thought he played pretty well. Burnley won 2-0 that day but he was the best defender in that team. The biggest problem for Jack in his time there was that he was brought in as cover for injured players and in the 3 games he played in the center of defence he had a 1win, 1draw and 1loss with him also scoring a goal in one game.

Of course the other defender came back from injury and he was shifted to right back which isnt his best position and in no time at all he was moved out of the team where they  just got worse and worse, so I think he was badly treated in my opinion. I mean whats the point in bringing in a player for experience and then not playing him?

The other point which wouldn't have helped him was the fact that he was playing in a team who eventually got relegated getting beaten very often so that can;t have helped his confidence either (esp when wasn't getting picked and the team was conceeding goals!)

I think the time at leicester will help him a lot as they should be a good force down in League One and consistent football will only make him a more confident player.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #60: Jul 28, 2008 03:08:31 pm
      Good attitude from the guy  ;D

ANTWI: I'LL BECOME MORE STREETWISE

Godwin Antwi has pledged to return to Liverpool a more streetwise footballer after agreeing a six-month loan with Tranmere Rovers.
      The young centre-back admits spending last season away at Hartlepool United was a real eye-opener, with the seasoned pros of League One showing him few graces as he took his first steps into senior football.

Antwi, a key part of our 2006 FA Youth Cup win, went on to make 27 league appearances in the north-east and returned to Melwood a more physically-imposing character.

Now the 20-year-old hopes to continue his development over the water at Prenton Park, where a run of impressive form is sure to catch the eye of Rafa Benitez.

"It's good to play for the reserves but you get more experience out on loan. You learn about the power and the speed you need," Antwi told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I would learn if I stayed at Liverpool, but on loan I can get the experience as well.

"Last season was good. I went for the experience and I played almost 30 games in the league and cups.

"I think I had things to learn and I learned a lot at Hartlepool.

"It was an experience coming from reserve football, where it is just about the football. It was more physical. I would get kicked in every game!

"It has helped me a lot. If you are not strong, you can't play.

"In League One or the Championship you need to be careful every time you get the ball. Everything is quick, quick, quick."

Meanwhile, Antwi has revealed where his allegiances will lie if he one day gets the opportunity to play international football.

The defender was born in Ghana but also has a Spanish passport having spent three years with Real Zaragoza as a teenager.

Despite being called up to the Spanish youth ranks earlier in his fledgling career, Antwi insists home is where his heart is.

"It's an easy decision," he explained. "Everyone loves their country and Ghana is my country. If I got the opportunity to one day play for them, I would take it.

"I would be very proud to do this."
      joe_lfc_4lyf
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts | -2 
      • King.
      Reply #61: Jul 28, 2008 06:26:29 pm
      I Support Both Liverpool And Tranmere. I Have Only Seen Antwi Play For Hartlepool And He Looked Handy So I Have High Hopes For The Kid
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #62: Jul 28, 2008 07:53:38 pm
      Was just makin sure people read it properly mate. Now I know someone has, I can change it.

Ah v clever ;)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #63: Aug 01, 2008 06:31:37 am
      Little update on Nikolay Mihaylov who is at loan with FC Twente, he has made 4 appearances in their pre-season. Each of them 45 minutes vs the likes of Veendom, Farul Constanta, Regio Selectie Haaksbergen and Steua. Maybe this season he will play a first team game under McClaren.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #64: Aug 01, 2008 08:14:51 am
      Little update on Nikolay Mihaylov who is at loan with FC Twente, he has made 4 appearances in their pre-season. Each of them 45 minutes vs the likes of Veendom, Farul Constanta, Regio Selectie Haaksbergen and Steua. Maybe this season he will play a first team game under McClaren.
      wish him all the best but i cant see him playing for us 'cos in 3 years reina, maybe cavalieri & martin will be all there.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Reply #65: Aug 01, 2008 11:39:44 am
      can Mihaylov play against Arsenal in the Champions League?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Reply #66: Aug 04, 2008 04:57:47 pm
      David Martin's now gone to Leicester as well. Hopefully should be a good move for him, even if it's only 6 months. Good to see him and Hobbs in the same side, make the relationship between the pair even stronger on their return to Anfield. Paul Henderson and Conard Logan are the current keepers at the Walkers, Henderson being a more experinced Austraillian keeper and Logan a 22 year old Irishman. Henderson is first choice with Logan being loaned out in recent years, so Martin should certainly be second choice with the foxes. Although after Henderson's performances last year in the Championship, it wouldn't surprise me to see Martin first choice.

He'll have some good defenders in front of him as well, Hobbs as we all know about. Joe Mattock as left back, who's been linked with Premiership clubs and already been capped at U-21 level despite only being 18. Bruno N'Gotty a very experinced centre half with international experince. And another on loan lad, Kerrea Gilbert from Arsenal. So Martin will have quality in front of him if he plays. Really good move for David Martin in my opinion.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,211 posts | 3391 
      Reply #67: Aug 04, 2008 05:00:01 pm
      Current loans:

1. Paul Anderson (Notts Forest - Championship)                  (untuil 3-5-09)
      2. Adam Hammill (Blackpool - Championship)                       (until 28-12-08)
      3. Jack Hobbs (Leicester - League 1)                                 (until 9-5-09)
      4. Robbie Threlfall (Hereford - League 1)                            (until 2-5-09)
      5. Godwin Antwi (Tranmere - League 1)                            (until 28-12-08)
      6. Nikolay Mihaylov (FC Twnete - Holland)                           (until 30-6-09)
      7. David Martin (Leicester - League 1)                                (until 28-12-08)
      8. Miki Roque (FC Cartagena - Spain)                                  (until 10-5-09)
      9. Sebastain Leto (Olympiakos - Greece)                             (until 2010)
      10. Jordy Brouwer (Utrecht - Holland)                                (until 1-6-09)
      11. Craig Lindfield (Bournmouth - League 2)                        (until 20-9-08)
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2008 11:41:05 pm by dunlop_liddell_shankly »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #68: Aug 05, 2008 10:41:27 am
      Dunlop you can add The number 9. Sebastian Leto (Olympiakos - Greece)                     (until 2010)

Quick Reply